January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 11 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#251 Arctic

Arctic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationRainbows
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:52 AM

More importantly.

What the hell is up with this Cat Lace Hairband? It is basically a cuter Kafra Band that also gives DEX.

Why ruin Kafra bands with this atrocious copy cat hairband?! 

I'm upset.

I demand retribution.

#252 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:05 AM

Isamu what does Hibram nerfing have to do with this week's classic notes? While I'm sure you are half-trolling, at least I hope you are, like n0ne stated there are way more important things Classic needs than a in depth look at Hibram card and like Xellie said just equip GTB. You already made your thread on Hibram stating your opinion many times and you've received some thought out responses -- I'm unsure what else you're looking for. If the GM team gave in to your demands that would certainly raise many eye brows.

#253 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:06 AM

More importantly.

What the hell is up with this Cat Lace Hairband? It is basically a cuter Kafra Band that also gives DEX.

Why ruin Kafra bands with this atrocious copy cat hairband?! 

I'm upset.

I demand retribution.

RIP Kafra Bands, Cat Lace Hairbands for life #myirodreamiscomplete

#254 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

RIP Kafra Bands, Cat Lace Hairbands for life #myirodreamiscomplete

Waiting Grandman...

#255 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

Isamu what does Hibram nerfing have to do with this week's classic notes? While I'm sure you are half-trolling, at least I hope you are, like n0ne stated there are way more important things Classic needs than a in depth look at Hibram card and like Xellie said just equip GTB. You already made your thread on Hibram stating your opinion many times and you've received some thought out responses -- I'm unsure what else you're looking for. If the GM team gave in to your demands that would certainly raise many eye brows.

I was responding to Undying's post and what I want is for GM's to balance Hibram. As it stands it's the most powerful item in the entire game x2. No other item even comes close to compare to it's immense power output. So until something is balanced with Hibram there is no reason to stop talking about nerfing Hibram.

#256 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:55 AM

Seal power 2 is there probably for balance reasoning when doing creation of god items, I find it much better for the competitive aspect of the game, piggy backing of another guild that was able to do it beforehand sounds like a okay thing to happen. 

Er, do not follow.

Classic does not need the double the rate of god items with such a tiny population.

There is no need to offer a free consolation meg to a guild that didn't roll the seals and/or win the creation competition in the dungeon.

I don't see how lessening the need to compete to get in and create your god item does wonders for the competitive aspect of the game. Why have people compete in woe and with the whole god creation quest in the first place then? Just hand every guild a meg every time in that case, do away with ragnarok and just have a woe moba.

I can't believe you just flat out stated you think guilds should be able to piggyback making a god item on another guilds work and victory.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 January 2016 - 06:57 AM.

#257 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:56 AM

All of the FBH HW comparisons are using ideal settings, gears, buffs, and situations. I simply did the same on an LK. No reason to get angry over it.

Again, the card itself isn't broken. It's an additive amount of other things existing that shouldn't have been here in the first place.

Edited by Undying, 15 January 2016 - 06:58 AM.

#258 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

That's disingenuous when the ideal settings and situations for one are much more readily and easily achieveable.

LKs also have to make some pretty hefty decisions regarding those two megs when it comes to using unfrozen ghost or a gtb, because decent ground control or a single dispel can wreck an LK pretty easily and quickly, among other things.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 January 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#259 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:04 AM

That's disingenuous when the ideal settings and situations for one are much more readily and easily achieveable.

LKs also have to make some pretty hefty decisions regarding those two megs when it comes to using unfrozen ghost or a gtb, because decent ground control or a single dispel can wreck an LK pretty easily and quickly, among other things.

Megs = Champ and Sinx.

#260 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

True as far as making HW be "ideal" far faster then an LK. There are decisions to make, but still able to get insaine dps on one of the most defensive classes in the game. Just to be the Devils advocate, dispel will wreck HW as well.

I originally brought up LK to prove a point about somebody saying on bad guilds die to LKs and only good guilds die to FBH. That is false and has been shown many times.

#261 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:08 AM

to be totally honest the quest should never have been the deciding factor on weather u attained a god item or not  gathering the items should be the hardest part plain and simple. that's why on renewal  they have RNG god part box   and on a healthy server seals roll naturally as players do the quest as progression for items/exp   on side note am done with my light novel reading of the patch notes lets try not making them 12+ pages every week guys

Edited by zerowon, 15 January 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#262 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

True as far as making HW be "ideal" far faster then an LK. There are decisions to make, but still able to get insaine dps on one of the most defensive classes in the game. Just to be the Devils advocate, dispel will wreck HW as well.

I originally brought up LK to prove a point about somebody saying on bad guilds die to LKs and only good guilds die to FBH. That is false and has been shown many times.

Except the HW is safe a screen away in the enemy stack, and can wear a gtb with much less consequence.

If I rephrase what I said to it's way easier to wipe to hibram HW than megged LK, would you still disagree.

Also, megs are nice and helpful on a champ obviously, but not necessary to be dangerous or kill well. They are basically required for a sinx or LK to not suck. That's my point.

#263 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:26 AM

It's hard to dispel a HW that's 16 cells from any real danger and that's 1 shotting people coming through the portal. FYI dispel only gets rid of link, they don't "need" anything else. That just makes it so they MIGHT die to reflect but then again everyone autopots so that's not a real threat.

And again, theory crafting means very little. When I had almost perfect redux, 1 Hibram wizard walks up to me and firebolt lvl 10 on me and I die instantly. SOOOO much preperations, you gotta move your finger to 1 button and click the left mouse button. UGH so hard.

Edited by isamu999, 15 January 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#264 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

to be totally honest the quest should never have been the deciding factor on weather u attained a god item or not  gathering the items should be the hardest part plain and simple.

Something would have to be done about classics absurd drop rates for creating the sets to be the main barrier. Also something something duped RMTed god parts. Right now the seal quests and creation competition are the only thing holding back even more ridiculous oversaturation of god items.

Not like anyone has ever pushed for something to be done about those two things either cough.

on a healthy server seals roll naturally as players do the quest as progression for items/exp   on side note am done with my light novel reading of the patch notes lets try not making them 12+ pages every week guys

People do occasionally do the creations for items though, small population rolls seals slowly means smaller god item numbers to match the population which sounds ok by me. A normal server also doesn't have janeway and fencer scrolls handing you dozens of level 70 characters on a platter making it easier to push the seals.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 January 2016 - 07:35 AM.

#265 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

Thank you for your support and ability to moderate the forums and making sure the server is not blackout and down. It is not a easy time maintaining a game server and creating patches even before trying to add new ideas that do not break the game.

Also - stating the obvious - this is a gaming company, it needs money to keep running, pay it's bills and also perhaps view the possibility of upgrading it's services, by seeing that they have return from their consumers. 

I see absolutely no problem in putting those medals in a box the way it was done: a medium/low chance (about 10~15%), and you get 250 of them. The elemental armor takes 1.000, wich means you probably get one elemental armor about every 40 groove packs/ 6K Kafra points. Some said it would make the armours become "very cheap", I'm certain the effect would be otherwise considering it's demand and the amount of KP spent to be able to get one - not to mention that it's an item we try putting hidden enchantment (read: break).

If you seriously think it would harm the "real players" - as if we, who work and study are just a bunch of filthy casuals - by providing the server with lots of ice picks/combat knifes (that takes 1.5k medals), you are either delusional or just with a hidden reason, trying desperately to find arguments.

TL:DR I support the prize medals in boxes just like it was put, and abruptly taken by the same old lobby that has always driven Classic's path, because it would not devaluate the armors price, as it would not bring thousands of it to the server considering the amount of KP you need to spend to get one (and people would break lots of it trying to get enchants), it would help WP financially, and it would be a great mend while we discuss a possibly permanent solution.

archer guild job change npc, payon solution(mage change stuff) creating npc disappeared.

Guys, payon is missing some NPCs :P

nobody cares someone explain why the portal from payon to greenwood lake is missing so I can go kill some kids in GD already

So they moved maint to tues in the past allowing them the "rest of the week" to fix issues with maint. There have been "issues with maint" 3 weeks in a row now. Or is it 4? I am losing count. So no they don't have the ability to look after the server and you are rewarding what appears to be a last second cashgrab. When they are not promoting excessively pay to win type mechanics (if the drop of the medals from the boxes is rare that means you have to spend more, therefore making it more pay2win than if they were common drop!) and when they are performing good as a company I like to reward and pay for well done services.

If this was any kind of business providing any kind of service that wasn't a game, people would be demanding their money back, going elsewhere, refusing to tip, etc. At the very least they could have answered n0ne's idea about more advertizing, or acknowledge issues raised (like the seals thread getting a "we'll look at that/are aware of it") - even if they can't promise to deliver any kind of solution. Acknowledgement goes a long way.

They can go and make Theme's battleground all they want, or put all the medals in the boxes, bad or good idea it means nothing if people don't know about the server's existence and it continues to be a hidden part of iRO, treated like a nuisance and ignored if there is a problem and hidden from the view or most players. We need a classic section etc, and some serious publicity. they need to work on that staff-player communication thing too. But there's no move toward any of it. So thus, why they put in huge money grabs? Because people are sick of their crap and moving away and pay2win stuff is a bandaid fix that means they don't need to step their -_- up. Most of the basic needs of Classic don't even require development work.

So wipe off your nose and go looking for those missing npc in payon I guess.

#266 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:14 AM

Oh and don't ask how much money I've given to them over the years to support the game, it's a lot. But the degradation in the game management quality over the past year or so has led many people, not just myself, to stop paying. I can probably calculate a reduction in income from the people I know alone that adds up to well over $30,000/yr just based on their poor performance.

It'll come back if they start getting their act together. should tell their managers.

#267 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:27 AM

Where is daily quen?

#268 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

And again, theory crafting means very little. When I had almost perfect redux, 1 Hibram wizard walks up to me and firebolt lvl 10 on me and I die instantly. SOOOO much preperations, you gotta move your finger to 1 button and click the left mouse button. UGH so hard.

To one shot you wearing "perfect" reductions requires team work, sorry if that seriously makes you feel that way. You keep saying you were one shotted by firebolt but are you referring to the time when you weren't wearing full reductions but claimed you did? Not everyone agrees with you that Hibram needs attention right now because there are bigger priorities at the moment =(

#269 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:03 AM

having played LK myself in a gvg I can tell you the following

> gtb + DR = one shot by fist/SB

> gtb + asprika = one shot by fist/SB

> Cranial + asprika = one shot by fist / 2 shot by JT/Firebolt

> cranial + DR = live fist one shot by SB/anything magic with a hibby

That is without the unfrozen ghost set however, but with the unfrozen ghost set you dont have a gtb or a cranial, so the hibram will win. Not that it is an unfair counterbalance mind you, it's just that defending yourself against any one element will get you wrecked by another and/or fist. Same goes for precasts tbqh.

And don't tell me I'm inexperienced in surviving bs in woe, I think we all know I'm probably one of the most experienced people when it comes to ineffectually just surviving and doing nothing with it.

Edited by Xellie, 15 January 2016 - 09:05 AM.

#270 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

ask Undying how he survives against hibram spells =/?

#271 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:13 AM

by being on the same side as the only good fbh user lmao

remembering of course, that all the hibrams are in one alliance at the best of times. So its a bit silly to ask how he survive against them when he was playing on their side and we don't have any, isnt it?

How do you survive against zero hibram?

uhhh that's easy

Edited by Xellie, 15 January 2016 - 09:16 AM.

#272 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

ask Undying how he survives against hibram spells =/?

Gear swaps. DR nyd + unfrozen wind (stacked with Demi human and elemental resistances) will get you through no mans land in gvg. Asprika + gr is common swap if sinx is around (also troggling unfrozen). Precast run long range reduction 65-75% based on class, along with elemental reduction and semi human reduction. Suppose you could run unfrozen AR.

Things to keep in mind, I use bc because it's strong. Double hp with good resistances is amazing. Status immunity as well is godlike.

Have to adapt to every situation. I am not that good at it, but I do gear swap a lot. Every player should be doing this stuff (maybe different gears, but swapping is a must. Gvg and iro woe in general makes a lot of players lazy with gear swaps. Practice in pvp no consumables if you want to improve (I will do it with you since I suck).

Edited by Undying, 15 January 2016 - 09:29 AM.

#273 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:50 AM

Gear swaps. DR nyd + unfrozen wind (stacked with Demi human and elemental resistances) will get you through no mans land in gvg. Asprika + gr is common swap if sinx is around (also troggling unfrozen). Precast run long range reduction 65-75% based on class, along with elemental reduction and semi human reduction. Suppose you could run unfrozen AR.

Things to keep in mind, I use bc because it's strong. Double hp with good resistances is amazing. Status immunity as well is godlike.

Have to adapt to every situation. I am not that good at it, but I do gear swap a lot. Every player should be doing this stuff (maybe different gears, but swapping is a must. Gvg and iro woe in general makes a lot of players lazy with gear swaps. Practice in pvp no consumables if you want to improve (I will do it with you since I suck).

Yeah but it;'s never vs one damage source, this is the scourge of all equipment based theory crafting. 

When I LKed vs HB w/ spudnik and co, it was either belted champ death or hibram death, they didn't line up for me one at a time to gear swap nicely in reaction to.

#274 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:05 AM

by being on the same side as the only good fbh user lmao

remembering of course, that all the hibrams are in one alliance at the best of times. So its a bit silly to ask how he survive against them when he was playing on their side and we don't have any, isnt it?

How do you survive against zero hibram?

uhhh that's easy

lol sure if that were the case. The same day Isamu claimed he was wearing perfect reductions Alex was WoEing that day as well and he did not get one shot, nor did he die versus hibram. ?_?

#275 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

lol sure if that were the case. The same day Isamu claimed he was wearing perfect reductions Alex was WoEing that day as well and he did not get one shot, nor did he die versus hibram. ?_?

who's hibram did he not die to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users