January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 13 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#301 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:47 AM

I asked twice who would use 1,500 prize medals for the weapons but nobody said anything even though that was part of the argument =/

#302 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2016 - 05:58 AM

pls stop. fbh isnt even that big of a deal. 90% of the time, any wiz using it dies instantly, because someone somewhere on screen getting hit by aoe is wearing a platinum shield.

rip wizard.

you have to do so much -_- to even make it properly useful  + be stupid careful. its not like you just put them on and you're suddenly a god..lmao u guys got this all wrong. the number of gtbs available also render it nearly useless in a lot of cases. some chars that don't even matter just die tor magic. big deal. if you died to magic before you just die to magic a bit faster with fbh. it's all situational.

single target magic works in a similar fashion where u still die to plat shield also from what i understand..

i mean how many hibram cards are on the server and how many wizard are actually doing this to you? just kill them. plain and simple. wizards in general are very easy to deal with

all that nonsense aside

why are prize medals removed? this is like the only real way to get slotted elemental armors outside of fire since ifrit drops it, isn't it?

other items like mvp drops (ck, ice pick[seal quests???] lol.) are basically flooded in the market anyway due to 2 or more groups consistently doing bio mvp and having backlogs of those items anyway. pretty sure i have like 2-3 carts full of all kinds of those weapons and no expectations of it going anywhere. cks sell fine and so do ice picks but there's tons of them on the market and they're already easily obtainable. i really doubt anyone is going to use PRIZE medals to get these items.

All I have to say is you're the most bias party in all the server because your guild has the most Hibram's Of course it's not OP when you control the vast majority of them. Go figure! Platinum shield doesn't work because everyone autopots so that argument is null.

#303 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:19 AM

Mark doesn't realize the following

FE exists

Precasting is real

CP exists

CP blocks platinum shield

In all fairness his argument is almost completely sound if not for those 4 things - that said he hasn't really been on the receiving end of a good wizard either. Also the wizards that blatantly autopot out of plat shield reflect lulz. They're real too. No I'm not talking about SGN. they're kinda sprinkled all over the server but you can see them if you pay attention.

#304 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:23 AM

I asked twice who would use 1,500 prize medals for the weapons but nobody said anything even though that was part of the argument =/

I know people who would, but who would admit that lol

Regardless, it's a lazy, harmful short term fix for something they could be using to enhance our gameplay. I'm not really okay with pay2win (made worse by making the item more expensive by making the drop rate low) and it's a gateway to even worse stuff, like kvm badges in boxes.

As fun as it would be to make vitless characters by using medals to balance their job levels vs base, i'd much prefer the staff didn't always fall back on lucky boxes to fix the problems on Classic.

Otherwise, think they can put some of the missing payon npcs in the box? That would be cool.

#305 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

You indeed do not have 99 problems. I watched those videos, ummmmmm you never got hit with Hibram's LOL, you're under ME 99% of those videos. I can also guarantee you probably didn't even swap one piece of gear in any of those videos. You act big but in reality all those videos you were never targeted and you were never focused by a Hibram user. Now it's not to say all Hibram users are the same. Valk and SGN have a lot of Hibram users and in my eyes only 2 of them stand out above the rest as having the 1 shotting capability. The other Hibram users are crap geared and don't actually pose a threat because of there damage being so low. I'm not referring to the undergeared HW's that happen to have Hibram. I'm talking about the geared ones that one shot. You say Hibram isn't a issue but in reality you've never once actually had to deal with a properly geared HW and never got to see the true capabilities of one.
You're also a fool to think I don't gear swap. Do you really think the unfrozen ghost set is the only set I run? I do wear the dark bac a lot because it offers so much. I do believe you're the one with a singular concept as your point of view is narrowed by your limited encounters and lack of actual scenarios and not imaginary theory crafting. I've seen Joe instantly wipe an entire alliance when there ME went down, they all must suck and need to adapt and not have a singular concept right? Wrong, it's because I guarantee the vast majority of them got 1-2 shotted and instantly died without being able to do anything. Oh the kicker, he doesn't even have Hibram. What happens when you add 40% demi-human damage on top of 10% matk to shoes? Ridiculous damage that's what. Just because you've never encountered it doesn't mean you get to talk like you know what's going on. You quit before any of the actual high hitters came out so you've never gotten the pleasure of dealing with them.
If you have Hibram/access to Hibram why don't you bring it out and show us what gear layout you got going, I'd love to see some videos of it. Also, just because you know someone who has it/have it yourself doesn't mean you've ever actually been up against it. Sorry to burst your bubble but firebolt is pretty spammable with today's gears, especially if your dancing it.

I have posted videos of me using FBH. Apparently I have quit? Apparently I have never played outside of a group consisting of squirrel/Sputnik? Apparently you can see all of my gear swaps? Apparently you know more about me then I do. Thank you for informing me on facts that I never knew exist, because what you are saying is lies.

Spoiler

I am willing to have real discussions, but not ones with comedians who don't understand what they are talking about.

Edited by Undying, 16 January 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#306 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

idk alex you missed a few things

#307 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

I have posted videos of me using FBH. Apparently I have quit? Apparently I have never played outside of a group consisting of squirrel/Sputnik? Apparently you can see all of my gear swaps? Apparently you know more about me then I do. Thank you for informing me on facts that I never knew exist, because what you are saying is lies.

Spoiler

I am willing to have real discussions, but not ones with comedians who don't understand what they are talking about.

Slightly confused, you say it doesn't 1 shot yet you post a video of you doing it? You also go on to say I can see all your gear swaps which I never said, I said you PROBABLY didn't swap any gear in there but regardless it didn't matter, those videos you posted you were on ME the majority of all fights. Secondly I don't need to know anything about you, I can make educated observations from video you yourself posted. "walking thru Hibram SG's all day" lol you were under ME, go watch the video plus those aren't heavy hitters. Lastly, your gear isn't even maxed, you're missing the last few int bonuses that wizards can hit and those last int bonuses are HUGE as it cascades in damage. The point being you not max geared yet you show a video of you 1 shotting people. What happens when you get hit with SG and being mind broken? You don't show your stats so there's still much to wonder but I believe that video speaks for itself.

You're also still avoiding a huge chunk of other stuff I said but I guess you will just avoid that.

#308 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:51 PM

Is that better for getting JT spammed? Think you outlived me once at the very end, otherwise seems like you fall over to everything.... I don't think its a FBH problem since a couple people lived it when I use it on them (see my video of FBH use) or it fails to kill me in WoE when getting spammed... 

#309 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

Wow, look at what we have here.

People with unbalanced amounts of ostensibly rare top tier items whining about other people with unbalanced amounts of slightly different ostensibly rare top tier items.

I'm off to Geffenia to farm Violys until I find a Violin [4] small enough for this very special occasion.

#310 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:11 PM

What's even better is the guild with the most gtbs continue to feel fbh is the real server killer when we don't even have kvm gears which can protect you from it.

#311 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 January 2016 - 06:31 PM

Wow, look at what we have here.

People with unbalanced amounts of ostensibly rare top tier items whining about other people with unbalanced amounts of slightly different ostensibly rare top tier items.

I'm off to Geffenia to farm Violys until I find a Violin [4] small enough for this very special occasion.

Actually the god item count would be balanced if the other guildleaders didn't insist on screwing over their members by selling off parts/created items.

Instead they continue to not make/not let their members have them so they can say it's imbalanced.

BY THE WAY: THANKS FOR THE MEG. keep up the good work A+ appreciating it.

Also minus points for comparing a defensive single target item to an offensive AOE item. if GTB was AOE, I might agree :)

Either way, still takes 150 people in the other alliance to take me down. Tho I will say I got hit by a hibram SG through my gtb so hard today that my entire internet shut off and I have the VOD to prove it. GTB ain't ever done that to anyone.

So lets talk about the real problem, unbalanced numbers. Alliances. Yes? Yes.

@zerowon, you're not tricking any of us into wearing kvm so that we all die to gfist lol. If classic didn't have massive issues with infinite sp items/ygg surplus due to low pop/high econ, you might have a point, but you don't. So please stop offering KVM as a solution. It's not. It just makes the massive champ-inifinity sp lineup outside of the CP much stronger.

Tell me something tho, if a mastersmith wears KVM does he live longer vs a sinx who is using a CK with no enchant and meleeing the smith, than say, if the smith was wearing GR and DR? Curious to know, because I'm no mastersmith expert.

Also we own one gtb you derp. I just stack mdef, haven't you noticed my fricca combo? Sleipnir OP af

Edited by Xellie, 16 January 2016 - 06:47 PM.

#312 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:09 PM

Actually the god item count would be balanced if the other guildleaders didn't insist on screwing over their members by selling off parts/created items.

Instead they continue to not make/not let their members have them so they can say it's imbalanced.

BY THE WAY: THANKS FOR THE MEG. keep up the good work A+ appreciating it.

The degree to which this amuses me should be criminal lol.

#313 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

Also minus points for comparing a defensive single target item to an offensive AOE item. if GTB was AOE, I might agree :)

I don't know if there's a comparable expression more derisively sardonic than "first world problems", but if there is, it would definitely be applicable here.

Either way, still takes 150 people in the other alliance to take me down. Tho I will say I got hit by a hibram SG through my gtb so hard today that my entire internet shut off and I have the VOD to prove it. GTB ain't ever done that to anyone.

So lets talk about the real problem, unbalanced numbers. Alliances. Yes? Yes.

While guild slots and alliances are indeed set far too high for a server of this population, it's only part of the problem.

12 people with gods/mvps/minis will beat 12 people without them 9 times out of 10 all other things being equal. No different from the current situation of 30 people with gods/mvps/minis against 12 people without them.

You brag that it takes an entire alliance to kill you SOLO, but somehow it's NUMBERS giving you the advantage? WutFace

#314 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

I don't know if there's a comparable expression more derisively sardonic than "first world problems", but if there is, it would definitely be applicable here.

While guild slots and alliances are indeed set far too high for a server of this population, it's only part of the problem.

12 people with gods/mvps/minis will beat 12 people without them 9 times out of 10 all other things being equal. No different from the current situation of 30 people with gods/mvps/minis against 12 people without them.

You brag that it takes an entire alliance to kill you SOLO, but somehow it's NUMBERS giving you the advantage? WutFace

Yeah but they have them too, that doesn't mean that there's not an issue with the item from an objective standpoint (that being, I take zero damage from hibram, it does NOT bother me. - even when pushing their precasts I run fire unfrozen w/ cranial and DR and laugh it off - mostly because there is something ineffectual about their setup.)

Now, we had ~17 people today coming to 20 with alts. idfk why everyone thinks vh is so big?

things were even today, sorta kinda. my 17 vs their 40+ (plus their indirect allies being annoying in the rooms beforehand.... pls stop that btw) but it's not just about vh, what if another guild had to fight the whole allied server? I'd say that's the most harmful thing.

don't base anything on me. I'm Xellie and that isn't fair. You know what my typical follow up to this would be also, don't make me say it :(

#315 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:53 PM

Yeah but they have them too

Uhhhhh... Kinda missing the point here.

(plus their indirect allies being annoying in the rooms beforehand.... pls stop that btw) 

So that's all that guilds who aren't swimming in unbalanced amounts of gods/mvps/minis are to be? "Indirect allies" of the guilds who are, just by the virtue of them trying to do something, ANYTHING in WoE?

This server deserves to die.

Edited by Rastaban, 16 January 2016 - 07:53 PM.

#316 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Uhhhhh... Kinda missing the point here.

So that's all that guilds who aren't swimming in unbalanced amounts of gods/mvps/minis are to be? "Indirect allies" of the guilds who are, just by the virtue of them trying to do something, ANYTHING in WoE?

This server deserves to die.

man rastaban, don't make me talk politics with you. We did this song and dance like 10 years ago. Go find ROKA (formerly known as T0S) or rampage or D0TA or t50 and fight them - I'd rather not fight you guys either, because you'll get upset. And we've done that song and dance 10 years ago too. I have no interest in that, go find people your own size and stop kicking the hornets nest. Yes isamu is -_-posting, yes he thinks hibram is stupid, yes he's joking about it somewhat (anyone who takes his posts seriously at face value is..... not thinking it through) Yes, I'm asking him to stop.

t5o were camping the door.

or better idea, don't insult people who are expressing their opinion by calling it "whining" and giggling about it with the upvote circlejerk brigade and trying to incite guild vs guild drama.

Gonna call cinnamod to cool off this thread because this is extremely dumb. 

Edited by Xellie, 16 January 2016 - 08:39 PM.

#317 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:21 PM

Please take your WoE politics and drama off this topic, seriously. If you must then please discuss in an appropriate topic for that kind. Posts will be moderated if deemed necessary from this point and onwards, you have been warned. 

#318 fatguy

fatguy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

^i SECOND that, I prefer to have the patch notes be about the patches... and general game life... isnt there a forum for WoE balance stuff.. well I al a little loose on my check of the forums

#319 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

Go find ROKA (formerly known as T0S) or rampage or D0TA or t50 and fight them

We do, they're in Valk 3 with the rest of the server (the only castle that sees any action!) But being there makes us "indirect allies". Maybe we should segregate castles, one for the haves, one for the have-nots. Idk. Separate but equal, right?

Please take your WoE politics and drama off this topic, seriously. If you must then please discuss in an appropriate topic for that kind. Posts will be moderated if deemed necessary from this point and onwards, you have been warned.

I agree Cinnamon, lets talk about game mechanics and management instead. That's far more appropriate for a patch thread discussion.

Xellie, I sincerely hope you don't think I blame you (or any other guild leader/member for that matter) for the unbalanced, server-killing amount of gods/mvps/minis that have been accumulated, because I don't. This is a game, games have rules and mechanics, and you and others have gotten to where you are simply by acting within them. The blame rests with the GMs who have run this server with the soul crushing ineptitude of a pack of highly; who not only sold out the future of the server for short term P2W profit by being too myopic to consider the consequences of unhealthily high god piece/mvp/mini drop rate on a small population server, but seem DETERMINED to not do anything about it. After being told for MONTHS what the problem is and how to fix it, all they've attempted was a god/mvp/mini-free WoE just as a test, and they STILL managed to -_- it up. Powerful medicine is needed to remedy 3+ years of distortion, and the GMs choose to maintain the degenerate, yet profitable status quo. Despicable.

Take care Xellie, thanks for everything.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 17 January 2016 - 08:42 AM.
Replaced, don't be mean to the GM staff.

#320 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

Xellie, I sincerely hope you don't think I blame you (or any other guild leader/member for that matter) for the unbalanced, server-killing amount of gods/mvps/minis that have been accumulated, because I don't. This is a game, games have rules and mechanics, and you and others have gotten to where you are simply by acting within them. The blame rests with the GMs who have run this server with the soul crushing ineptitude of a pack of highly; who not only sold out the future of the server for short term P2W profit by being too myopic to consider the consequences of unhealthily high god piece/mvp/mini drop rate on a small population server, but seem DETERMINED to not do anything about it. After being told for MONTHS what the problem is and how to fix it, all they've attempted was a god/mvp/mini-free WoE just as a test, and they STILL managed to -_- it up. Powerful medicine is needed to remedy 3+ years of distortion, and the GMs choose to maintain the degenerate, yet profitable status quo. Despicable.

Take care Xellie, thanks for everything.

A lot of people do blame me, but thanks for not being one of them.

On the other hand I blame everyone who sat silent and let it happen or begged for drop events/easier god creations/higher drop rates/free economy.

Everyone who didn't stand with the guys who protested this stuff is to blame, imo. Especially those who can't see past emblems.

There was too few people and too much stuff 2 years ago, now it's just ridiculous. But you know, modern gamers expect they should have everything handed to them on a platter. I remember when simply owning a castle was a good thing. Let alone it having 80+ econ to be worth it. Seals didn't(and shouldn't) magically roll on their own every week. It'd take like 3 years to make a god item set and weeks to make the characters. It's all such a joke, why do we need to make 2 at once? I don't understand what anyone is thinking when they think they should be entitled to having items because they have a job. It's hard for everyone! Not just that one person! Instead the server balance is thrown all out of whack and made far too one shotty. And apparently fixing it and making it more like ACTUAL CLASSIC RO is out of the question because it wouldn't be vanilla, despite these item saturation being far from vanilla and being the reason renewal was needed in the first place. At least other servers took a decade to get here.

Sorry. <3 tho.

p.s: Vanilla emperium please. Give us the original.

#321 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:07 AM

The avoidance of prize medals gives me hope that they retain at least some inkling of sense and can still be pushed to make changes to limit some of the damage.

Like idk REMOVING MOTHER -_-ING SEAL POWER 2? Seriously. Terrible idea that needs to get taken out now before it continues to make things any worse.

Other things that can help:
-Clean up the illegitimate items that help contribute to the oversaturation (needs some delicacy and tact)
-Vanilla/TE woe to provide a more balanced arena for new players or those that want a woe without classics large amount of gods/mvps (plz add pre-trans woe with it, another huge draw for the server)
-Readjust both god item creation quests and the econ situation/lower the number of castles so there is more breaking and competition

Also unrelated but also needed: cheating, and improved pvm and bg content.

Seriously do you want to save this server or not.

On the other hand I blame everyone who sat silent and let it happen or begged for drop events/easier god creations/higher drop rates/free economy.
Everyone who didn't stand with the guys who protested this stuff is to blame, imo. Especially those who can't see past emblems.

There was too few people and too much stuff 2 years ago, now it's just ridiculous. But you know, modern gamers expect they should have everything handed to them on a platter. I remember when simply owning a castle was a good thing. Let alone it having 80+ econ to be worth it. Seals didn't(and shouldn't) magically roll on their own every week. It'd take like 3 years to make a god item set and weeks to make the characters. It's all such a joke, why do we need to make 2 at once? I don't understand what anyone is thinking when they think they should be entitled to having items because they have a job. It's hard for everyone! Not just that one person! Instead the server balance is thrown all out of whack and made far too one shotty. And apparently fixing it and making it more like ACTUAL CLASSIC RO is out of the question because it wouldn't be vanilla, despite these item saturation being far from vanilla and being the reason renewal was needed in the first place. At least other servers took a decade to get here.

Posted while I was writing mine, and jesus I wish I could upvote this a million times.

To be fair I do have a lot of fun on classic, but it really really needs some fixing and adjusting if you want it to be any kind of healthy or have any kind of longevity.

Edited by rojoky113, 17 January 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#322 Falloutchild

Falloutchild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 10:37 AM

I really wish the GM team would just come out and say what I think their attitude towards the state of the classic server is so i can completely stop caring about it. That being that they really just dont care, and are just trying to keep the rioting at a minimum while they stay silent on major issues and milk out what they can with WPE until the server dwindles into nothing. (Long and painful death). I was very active for a while, aside from just woe, buying lots of wpe and trying to contribute, but being spat on repeatedly by the incompetence and/or lack of caring from the staff... i find it hard to log on even just for 4 hours on the weekend. Pack it in boys, save yourself the headaches. 

#323 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

So we just defended a castle successfully which... left us with one castle while the entire rest of the server had ONE break, free econs all around!

Can we get a castle reduction please? Like yesterday??

Especially if it's like almost the entire server allied and/or helping each other farm by doing nothing all woe lol.

Knock knock GMs wanna do anything to help fix classic at any point please?

EDIT: Also oh yeah, thanks for the timing on reversing my trade and deleting the dupe I was sold literally right at the start of woe. I want the 10 kp I spent kafra-ing for my replacement refunded please. Only half sarcastic. Like I appreciate it getting done but, what if I hadn't been prepared with my back up I could grab immediately? I'm going to stop short of calling malicious intent but deleting things during woe that you ticketed in about yourself is pretty crappy.

Edited by rojoky113, 17 January 2016 - 02:20 PM.

#324 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Reward losing

Punish Winning