January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 12 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#276 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

isamu also claims getting hit by hibram magic deletes your character and causes your computer to get up and jump out of the window and commit sudoku, what is your point?

#277 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:09 AM

?_____________? you just asked me what was the point in asking undying ? ? ? ? ? ?

???

?

Edit: NM i am too tired

Edited by Jenna, 15 January 2016 - 10:11 AM.

#278 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:18 AM

Yeah but it;'s never vs one damage source, this is the scourge of all equipment based theory crafting.

When I LKed vs HB w/ spudnik and co, it was either belted champ death or hibram death, they didn't line up for me one at a time to gear swap nicely in reaction to.

I know it's not all vs a single damage source. I stated that I wear a dr nyd vs FBH Magic (running 4 cells through no mans land). The garment card is vs bombs/fists while the unfrozen wind armor (along with other resistance gears) protects me from the magic that I will briefly be exposed to. The meteor damage will be w/e since it's only ~4 cells, SG will do meh damage, and jt will be meaningless. They could firebolt with lex to kill, but who is defaulting an imp and swaps to a second imp in the middle of a gvg in that brief 1-2 second period. Highly unlikely. Calculated risk.

Same ordeal with asprika+gr. It's meant to cover a variety of damage (1hko skills, but being vulnerable to magic) rather then one specific character or skill.

It's about using the right set of gears in the proper situations. It's obvious stuff. People gear swap all the time. Most just don't do it in a defensive mannor and it's sad. There is no 1 best gear set.

Tbh, I could talk about this stuff all day because I find it all very interesting and fascinating. I enjoy the defensive aspects of ro and trying to be "unkillable" more then any other aspect. I tank :).

Can we have more discussions about strats and gears and builds? Seriously, this stuff is so much more interesting then the majority of the stuff on the forums.

Side note, I've played in all major guilds and against all guilds. I've also heard opinions from all major groups on the server. There isn't a group I haven't fought against, unless your brand new. Just to clarify. So yes I have fought against FBH. I have gotten 1hko by squirrel jt, one single time (dr+Tao, I didn't swap. I am human).

Edit: sorry on phone and tried to fix some horrible auto corrects and grammar. I finally learned the difference between well and while.

Edited by Undying, 15 January 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#279 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:28 AM

Well in my experience a DR wasn't enough vs megged fist. GR wasn't an option, so much joke

living the hibram Meteor/SG is fine with DR, targetted magic, not so much. Aspd is real and so is lex spam ~_~

Edited by Xellie, 15 January 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#280 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

isamu also claims getting hit by hibram magic deletes your character and causes your computer to get up and jump out of the window and commit sudoku, what is your point?

ah, classic isamu. God damn it isamu.

On a serious note, are we going to be doing anything about the Seals Power 2.

I mean getting carried to make a godly after one guild as killed mvp for you is weird, I mean I could just get kill count, with another guild leader who is allied . And sit our asses at the NPC, as soon as any other guild does the dirty work for us(kill the mvp) , we make the items someone else did the work for. While the people who actually went to hunt the MVP don't get anything. Yep very rewarding.

Thats one scenario, other is a single guild does all the seals etc, they have no allies so they make one item, the other guilds(who they have to face in woe ) get to piggyback them just by doing a very few seal turn in (just enough to proc that seal power 2).

I mean at this point of the game where EVERYONE is complaining about High end gear saturation and how theres too many god items on the server with respect to the population, I think it might be time to make it just one creation at a time.

I honestly don't wanna see Xellie running Battle HP with double megs on WoE cuz, theres too many megs and not enough people to use em. Because THAT WILL HAPPEN. And guess what, if I have to help in doing that just to prove that its exploitable I will.

#281 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

brb fencers anubis odins fencers anubis ice dungeon

#282 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

brb fencers anubis odins fencers anubis ice dungeon

oh god, dont tell me I just gave you the idea for a Meg build Battle HP.....

#283 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:09 PM

Gear swaps. DR nyd + unfrozen wind (stacked with Demi human and elemental resistances) will get you through no mans land in gvg. Asprika + gr is common swap if sinx is around (also troggling unfrozen). Precast run long range reduction 65-75% based on class, along with elemental reduction and semi human reduction. Suppose you could run unfrozen AR.

Things to keep in mind, I use bc because it's strong. Double hp with good resistances is amazing. Status immunity as well is godlike.

Have to adapt to every situation. I am not that good at it, but I do gear swap a lot. Every player should be doing this stuff (maybe different gears, but swapping is a must. Gvg and iro woe in general makes a lot of players lazy with gear swaps. Practice in pvp no consumables if you want to improve (I will do it with you since I suck).

Theory crafting doesn't matter plus Hibram will kill any of those builds you just mentioned. DR+Wind armor? You die to firebolt instantly. Doesn't matter if you had all the possible demi human resistant you wanted. Asprika and GR will not change the out come either. Long range reduction won't change it either. The only thing that would change it is fire armor but then a Hibram JT will hit u at the same time Hibram firebolt will hit you, why? Because JT and firebolt have essentially no cast and no delay so they can cast both instantly while you cant swap instantly. Stop theory crafting as it does nothing, your defending what if's and not actual real world combat.

lol sure if that were the case. The same day Isamu claimed he was wearing perfect reductions Alex was WoEing that day as well and he did not get one shot, nor did he die versus hibram. ?_?

I like this Alex living Hibram BS. There are 2 possible scenarios there. The first one is either you hit him with a spell that he had the appropriate armor on or two you didn't have Hibram on. You act like wizards can't cast firebolt/JT over and over again with 0 delay and 0 cast time. You act like oh if you can survive the first one your okay and you'll survive but the thing you cant get through your small head is that your bias because ya'll have the cards so of course they aren't "overpowered" they are balanced. But in actual reality there's 10 Hibram JT/firebolt/SG/meteor coming at you all at the same time, instantly. None of this period swapping BS and none of this theory crafting. We're talking about real world application not this make believe stuff you keep dreaming is happening versus what's actually happening.

PS. The gear I had on wasn't per say PERFECT like horn card and such but I damn well guarantee you I had more reduction on then the normal player did and still die instantly. Woe reduction on top of assumptio and still dying instantly? Nice way for you to keep saying "oh it's balanced keep everything how it is" but in actual reality one shots whoever you want and you know it. You know it as well as I know it and you keep trying to play innocent but you know yourself that it's the most powerful item in the entire game hands down without compromise.

#284 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Wow isamu... going in the -_- in lol

#285 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:16 PM

he played against fbh for months tho with 0 complaints i dont think its that bad either but i do think its 2nd positive effect should change

#286 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:17 PM

It depends who is dreaming and who has a small head. I was on the same screen as you. You got one-shot by Hibram once when I was on the same screen. Please find my words or post saying Hibram was balanced =)

Why ask me? You have Alex right there to ask. He didn't die, nor how we used the same setup to kill you, didn't work for him. Sorry that stating facts has you so rattled lol

#287 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:24 PM

It depends who is dreaming and who has a small head. I was on the same screen as you. You got one-shot by Hibram once when I was on the same screen. Please find my words or post saying Hibram was balanced =)

Why ask me? You have Alex right there to ask. He didn't die, nor how we used the same setup to kill you, didn't work for him. Sorry that stating facts has you so rattled lol

Oh lol, conveying emotion through text is really hard, sorry if it seems like I'm rattled, I didn't mean to offend you. Ask some Valhalla people on TS lol, I'm laughing pretty hard about this thread. =p You can ask around, I'm not one to ever get mad or angry. But it's hilarious when people think that by reading some pixels on a screen. =D

Please find my words or post saying Hibram was balanced =)

All I needed to hear. =)

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII INUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#288 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:31 PM

I'mma hibram stormgust all over this thread in a minute and one shot you all so you chill

chill guys

chill

#289 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

While we at it in removing bad parts of the god creation quest, can we please consider the removal of seal power 2? Double creations are really harmful, classic does not need so many god items created so fast.

See thread on front page of forums right now.

Edited by rojoky113, 15 January 2016 - 04:01 PM.

#290 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:09 PM

Theory crafting doesn't matter plus Hibram will kill any of those builds you just mentioned. DR+Wind armor? You die to firebolt instantly. Doesn't matter if you had all the possible demi human resistant you wanted. Asprika and GR will not change the out come either. Long range reduction won't change it either. The only thing that would change it is fire armor but then a Hibram JT will hit u at the same time Hibram firebolt will hit you, why? Because JT and firebolt have essentially no cast and no delay so they can cast both instantly while you cant swap instantly. Stop theory crafting as it does nothing, your defending what if's and not actual real world combat.

I like this Alex living Hibram BS. There are 2 possible scenarios there. The first one is either you hit him with a spell that he had the appropriate armor on or two you didn't have Hibram on. You act like wizards can't cast firebolt/JT over and over again with 0 delay and 0 cast time. You act like oh if you can survive the first one your okay and you'll survive but the thing you cant get through your small head is that your bias because ya'll have the cards so of course they aren't "overpowered" they are balanced. But in actual reality there's 10 Hibram JT/firebolt/SG/meteor coming at you all at the same time, instantly. None of this period swapping BS and none of this theory crafting. We're talking about real world application not this make believe stuff you keep dreaming is happening versus what's actually happening.

PS. The gear I had on wasn't per say PERFECT like horn card and such but I damn well guarantee you I had more reduction on then the normal player did and still die instantly. Woe reduction on top of assumptio and still dying instantly? Nice way for you to keep saying "oh it's balanced keep everything how it is" but in actual reality one shots whoever you want and you know it. You know it as well as I know it and you keep trying to play innocent but you know yourself that it's the most powerful item in the entire game hands down without compromise.

I live, hence the name Undying. If you don't and are unwilling to converse, then that is your problem. Living as a properly geared LK is the easiest thing to do in Ragnarok Online. Not only do you have the highest HP in game, the highest regain per potion used, and amazing reduction... But you can also deal moderate to server damage. 

I have 99 problems, but playing LK (against fbh) isn't one.

All that I am getting out of what your saying is that you don't gear appropriately for multiple situations and default a single set of gears. If you die then it is suddenly unbalanced because you got 1 shotted in default gear. As I said, I have been 1 shotted by JT once and that was because I was geared poorly (tao+dr). Learn. Adapt. Survive. Freeze immune GR setup isn't good vs magic at all. 

To the point of the HW focusing with JT/FB. FB has a very strong delay compared to JT. If the HW is standing there simply spamming single target DPS spells, they are ignoring your guild which is a good thing. You can easily live FB+JT without swapping elemental armors. 

My point to you isamu, this game isn't a singular concept. There are so many possibilities in all aspects of the game, have to keep an open mind.

Spoiler

Prize medals should have been in boxes. It really doesn't effect the server too much at this point in time and would be beneficial at lowering the current cost of elemental armors. 

Edited by Undying, 15 January 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#291 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

i think they mean fe thou since in cp you cant attack back which sounds like cp needs to 2 go

#292 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 04:42 PM

I live, hence the name Undying. 

Is that why you always make the ultimate sacrifice....? Sho is the true undying

#293 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Is that why you always make the ultimate sacrifice....? Sho is the true undying

+1 clever points. I like it :). Glad that somebody can appreciate why I named the character that lol.

Sho is great.

Edited by Undying, 15 January 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#294 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:42 PM

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII INUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wut

#295 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:46 PM

aight, so anyone else worried about the buggy bug bugs goin on this patch? unequiped rebirth gear(in payon at least)? no treasure npcs? npcs missing everywhere? bad bad stuff?

on the good side i tested c.d. and it was hp reduced like ya said camp.

#296 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 January 2016 - 09:12 PM

yeah woe map warp missing from payon as well as the pvp warper guy

apparently the zone was restarted earlier to fix it but there's no response or ability to contact them about these things -.-

#297 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:02 PM

so when will the subject aura be obtainable by reasonable means?

#298 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:44 PM

I live, hence the name Undying. If you don't and are unwilling to converse, then that is your problem. Living as a properly geared LK is the easiest thing to do in Ragnarok Online. Not only do you have the highest HP in game, the highest regain per potion used, and amazing reduction... But you can also deal moderate to server damage. 

I have 99 problems, but playing LK (against fbh) isn't one.

All that I am getting out of what your saying is that you don't gear appropriately for multiple situations and default a single set of gears. If you die then it is suddenly unbalanced because you got 1 shotted in default gear. As I said, I have been 1 shotted by JT once and that was because I was geared poorly (tao+dr). Learn. Adapt. Survive. Freeze immune GR setup isn't good vs magic at all. 

To the point of the HW focusing with JT/FB. FB has a very strong delay compared to JT. If the HW is standing there simply spamming single target DPS spells, they are ignoring your guild which is a good thing. You can easily live FB+JT without swapping elemental armors. 

My point to you isamu, this game isn't a singular concept. There are so many possibilities in all aspects of the game, have to keep an open mind.

Spoiler

Prize medals should have been in boxes. It really doesn't effect the server too much at this point in time and would be beneficial at lowering the current cost of elemental armors. 

You indeed do not have 99 problems. I watched those videos, ummmmmm you never got hit with Hibram's LOL, you're under ME 99% of those videos. I can also guarantee you probably didn't even swap one piece of gear in any of those videos. You act big but in reality all those videos you were never targeted and you were never focused by a Hibram user. Now it's not to say all Hibram users are the same. Valk and SGN have a lot of Hibram users and in my eyes only 2 of them stand out above the rest as having the 1 shotting capability. The other Hibram users are crap geared and don't actually pose a threat because of there damage being so low. I'm not referring to the undergeared HW's that happen to have Hibram. I'm talking about the geared ones that one shot. You say Hibram isn't a issue but in reality you've never once actually had to deal with a properly geared HW and never got to see the true capabilities of one.

You're also a fool to think I don't gear swap. Do you really think the unfrozen ghost set is the only set I run? I do wear the dark bac a lot because it offers so much. I do believe you're the one with a singular concept as your point of view is narrowed by your limited encounters and lack of actual scenarios and not imaginary theory crafting. I've seen Joe instantly wipe an entire alliance when there ME went down, they all must suck and need to adapt and not have a singular concept right? Wrong, it's because I guarantee the vast majority of them got 1-2 shotted and instantly died without being able to do anything. Oh the kicker, he doesn't even have Hibram. What happens when you add 40% demi-human damage on top of 10% matk to shoes? Ridiculous damage that's what. Just because you've never encountered it doesn't mean you get to talk like you know what's going on. You quit before any of the actual high hitters came out so you've never gotten the pleasure of dealing with them.

If you have Hibram/access to Hibram why don't you bring it out and show us what gear layout you got going, I'd love to see some videos of it. Also, just because you know someone who has it/have it yourself doesn't mean you've ever actually been up against it. Sorry to burst your bubble but firebolt is pretty spammable with today's gears, especially if your dancing it.

#299 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:50 PM

PS. I get one shot by EDP sinx all the time and you don't see me complaining about them. You must also think that you can "adapt and survive" to getting one shotted by a geared sinx. The reason I don't complain about sinx is because they sacrifice a lot in order to obtain that 1 shotting capabilities. They also risk a lot going into the open but Hibram, nah. They get to sit safely in the back of a big precast/16 cells away from any threats with a personal sac insta gibbing people left and right.

#300 Synapsse

Synapsse

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:12 PM

pls stop. fbh isnt even that big of a deal. 90% of the time, any wiz using it dies instantly, because someone somewhere on screen getting hit by aoe is wearing a platinum shield.

rip wizard.

you have to do so much -_- to even make it properly useful  + be stupid careful. its not like you just put them on and you're suddenly a god..lmao u guys got this all wrong. the number of gtbs available also render it nearly useless in a lot of cases. some chars that don't even matter just die tor magic. big deal. if you died to magic before you just die to magic a bit faster with fbh. it's all situational.

single target magic works in a similar fashion where u still die to plat shield also from what i understand..

i mean how many hibram cards are on the server and how many wizard are actually doing this to you? just kill them. plain and simple. wizards in general are very easy to deal with

all that nonsense aside

why are prize medals removed? this is like the only real way to get slotted elemental armors outside of fire since ifrit drops it, isn't it?

other items like mvp drops (ck, ice pick[seal quests???] lol.) are basically flooded in the market anyway due to 2 or more groups consistently doing bio mvp and having backlogs of those items anyway. pretty sure i have like 2-3 carts full of all kinds of those weapons and no expectations of it going anywhere. cks sell fine and so do ice picks but there's tons of them on the market and they're already easily obtainable. i really doubt anyone is going to use PRIZE medals to get these items.

Edited by Synapsse, 15 January 2016 - 11:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users