January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 7 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#151 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

What's your in game name? I'll give you an unfrozen wind armor.

I'll gladly pay for that. Is a 100m ok? I'm even willing to pay more. You can msg me on The Last Airbender, that's my most active character.

#152 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

Yeah I remember someone proposing it before, dont remember who it was but it seemed like a good idea at the time. However like most good ideas that get posted here they dont get seen or implemented unless they're repeated multiple times.

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1779/ - Ktull for Water

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1885/ - Gopinch for Earth (this one is mostly useless as a damage reducer, but ~*gimmicks*~)

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1688/ - Tanee for Wind

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1832/ - Ifrit currently holds the Fire Armor.

Would you make them all the same drop rate? Does the Ktull quest/Tanee being annoying offset the differing spawn times? I'm sure not that many people care about the Earth armor dropping a bit.

Yeah Gopinch or Amon Ra for earth, it doesn't matter a ton cause earth armor is much less useful.

I think it's not really possible to have things perfectly even since there is no perfect set of elemental MVPs with the same difficulty and spawn, but if they put a lower drop on water/wind from ktull/tanee I wouldn't say that's inappropriate. Especially since Tanee, while annoying, is way easier than the other two especially ifrit and wind armors I would guess would be highest in demand.

This seems like an easier and better way to get the armors circulating in game some than lucky boxes or daily prize medals.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#153 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

well, lady tanee is really hard coz if you don't 1 shot it or kill fast it's a pain to kill afterwards(once took me 45 mins to kill it).

Edited by Ramses, 14 January 2016 - 02:52 PM.

#154 kruim21

kruim21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:06 PM

why not draw a lottery of element armor as we did before.time to recycle zeny.

#155 eboaroli

eboaroli

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:14 PM

why not draw a lottery of element armor as we did before.time to recycle zeny.

Oh, it's Wei! Good to see you around.

#156 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:19 PM

The daily idea that Camp has is the best way to obtain the armors.

It keeps people logging in and if they are drops from the higher tier MvPs, it'll just let rich people/bigger guilds set the price point.

#157 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

The daily idea that Camp has is the best way to obtain the armors.

It keeps people logging in and if they are drops from the higher tier MvPs, it'll just let rich people/bigger guilds set the price point.

Couldn't agree more +1

#158 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:32 PM

I agree with Xandy and Shin.

Agreeing with Xandy's post, two - three people literally shot down medals and the idea was gone, without discussion from the rest of the players of Classic. While I am with Shin and that I'm over that the fact that medals were no longer on the table, it was a glimmer of hope and it was taken away solely from the input of well established Classic players (what about the rest of us?). While Shin was looking for a Wind [Unfrozen] Armor for 2 months, I have had a similar frustrating experience and along with Xandy's I don't have the time to sit there and farm (and lets be honest I don't have the patience to sit there, it doesn't sound fun, and to get a Armor I won't use super often doesn't seem worth the time investment).

Yeah it was a quick QQ I want to whale hard so I can just get the armor and peace, and I can see why it affects the market prices but not really. There AFAIK no competition in the Bio3 MvP for Combat Knives so it's really controlled by a small group of people already, but I do see the Ice Pick price dropping (but it still makes me wonder who will even use 1,000 medals for an Ice Pick or a Combat knife?? What other items are there to even consider?).

The argument I saw is that it's a bad idea to put in more armors but is it really a bad idea to put in more elemental armors?? I guess because I'm not an owner of one I don't see how OP it is. Maybe I can't see past my whaling because I don't see why that's a bad thing, but my legitimate concern is when will the Daily Quen (which I had no idea existed/people did) is going to be fixed/implemented to be the savior of #prayforprizemedals

#159 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:36 PM

Tanee isn't even hard, just annoying. Ktull can be summoned at your convenience. Truly the spirit of competition or the idea that powerful rewards should require some effort or progression on classic is dead, log on for your 20 minutes of boring solo quest work a day and everyone gets a slotted elemental armor.

Or hey just hand warp portal 40 bucks and you get one too!

Maybe I'm alone in thinking thats lame as -_- but whatev, it's not like I want this to be a game people actual sit down and play together to get stuff done instead of paying cash for what you want, or afking battlegrounds, and I guess now daily 15 minute BS quest for your rare and powerful equipment too.

No wonder this server is dead and boring.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#160 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

What spirit of competition? High-tier MvPs are camped by ridiculously wealthy people already =(

Sorry that its offensive to you that I'd want to support WP and hand them $40 for something I want (??? they literally had an amazing champion box a few weeks ago, couldn't hand them money for that box RIP)

It's not lame but its already the server. Yeah my tears are salty but Oda dangled a jewel in front of me and I wanted it and that was mean =(

#161 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:51 PM

I agree with Xandy and Shin.

Agreeing with Xandy's post, two - three people literally shot down medals and the idea was gone, without discussion from the rest of the players of Classic. While I am with Shin and that I'm over that the fact that medals were no longer on the table, it was a glimmer of hope and it was taken away solely from the input of well established Classic players (what about the rest of us?). While Shin was looking for a Wind [Unfrozen] Armor for 2 months, I have had a similar frustrating experience and along with Xandy's I don't have the time to sit there and farm (and lets be honest I don't have the patience to sit there, it doesn't sound fun, and to get a Armor I won't use super often doesn't seem worth the time investment).

Yeah it was a quick QQ I want to whale hard so I can just get the armor and peace, and I can see why it affects the market prices but not really. There AFAIK no competition in the Bio3 MvP for Combat Knives so it's really controlled by a small group of people already, but I do see the Ice Pick price dropping (but it still makes me wonder who will even use 1,000 medals for an Ice Pick or a Combat knife?? What other items are there to even consider?).

The argument I saw is that it's a bad idea to put in more armors but is it really a bad idea to put in more elemental armors?? I guess because I'm not an owner of one I don't see how OP it is. Maybe I can't see past my whaling because I don't see why that's a bad thing, but my legitimate concern is when will the Daily Quen (which I had no idea existed/people did) is going to be fixed/implemented to be the savior of #prayforprizemedals

I understand how you feel, my post was fairly short and abrupt because I didnt really want to spend any more time here. But I've been suckered into keeping an eye on the discussion.

The two main reasons why I'm against them going into boxes are this:

Firstly at the very best it'll be a temporary thing, this month people who are playing will get their armors and some people will get spares. What happens next month if someone comes back? They'll be in the exact same situation as you guys are in right now. I'd much rather see a long term solution to making these (and other things) available to players year round.

Secondly it's starting to edge into towards a direction we've been able to avoid (mostly) so far on classic. Prize medals are something available ingame and providing them directly for $$$ sets a fairly strong precedent for the future. Suddenly 250 isnt enough or "hey you offered medals before can you put in <other thing>". Valk server having Orleans Gloves or GRs or KVM medals is still fairly fresh in peoples memories. Now I'm not saying Classic is immune to this, we've had slotted mids and the EMH/Skull Cap stuff, but right now they're less of a problem than they were.

I dont think anyone is actually against the idea of them making the armors available to people, just doing it through cash shop stuff. We'd much rather the GMs solve the issue long term than band aid the problem.

However you're right, there's definitely imbalances in the way feedback is given and obtained by the GMs here. But with how late things are announced people have to be VERY fast and VERY loud about expressing dislike of implementations because if you're even a tiny bit timid, potentially bad changes are going to get pushed through. I'm not really sure what the best way to go about solving it is honestly, we've tried to ask for more time for patch notes threads, earlier announcements for monthly boxes and all those things. But it still seems like a vast majority of the decisions and work is done on the day of maintenance.

Edit: If there was a proper back and forth about what went into the boxes a lot of these problems probably wouldnt come up. The thread in the foundry is supposed to be specifically for that purpose.

Edited by Themes, 14 January 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#162 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 03:59 PM

I completely understand. It is a short / harmful fix... Again, my question plagues my mind: When is it going to happen though? =(

#163 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

There's been lots of previous discussions about putting elemental armors in the game in other ways, I recall a group of players shooting my suggestion to put ele armors in MVP/quest/TI based rewards as apparently I hate wizards, or something. Many of the people posting here were part of that conversation. I also suggested at a different point that they became a BG reward (but acc bound version) to encourage a bit more BG activity.

I don't disagree that they need to be available. It's been a topic over a long course of time. But solving Classic's issues isn't really done by incentivizing people to log in LESS. They need reasons to log in more and do stuff/earn stuff. Pay2win is a big turn off for many many RO players. It's one of the biggest questions people ask about the server.

imo tanee is too easy for a wind armor (the most powerful ele armor in the game) - I'd rather see a quest involving kill counts on multiple wind based mvps and a requirement for their craploots to create the armor. I'm talking missy, stormy, tanee, ktull because where there's wind there's often rain. Bapho cause he LOVs a lot, maybe randgris on that basis.

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#164 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:01 PM

I'd like to point out that it wasn't a handful of people who personally blocked your prize medals, it was several people pointing out some very good reasons why medals in lucky boxes is a bad idea and the staff made the decision to remove them after considering those points.

Themes basically just re-summed up the reasons I posted as well for prize medals being bad news bears, I get the salt from having it almost put in then not but it was averted for good reasons.

You could prolly get a couple dozen people to sign a petition to put that  -_- like GRs and orleans in boxes because they want their ez pay cash 4 gud item they realy want button, doesn't mean it's good for the game or the server in the long run.

Like I said, ragnarok needs more play to win, not pay to win. It's a huge turnoff for a game to be all about forking out cash to be OP.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 04:04 PM.

#165 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

Staff need to not make decisions like that, I feel this way about the LH spotlight, literally two people maybe three asked for it and that is "by popular request".

Doesn't mean its bad but grow a pair dudes.

#166 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Yeah that's always the question. It's unfortunately easy to distract the GMs with other situations and discussions like this often get forgotten. As much as I hate to suggest it, just try remind them about it. Posting once a week "Dont forget about elemental armors" is the best way to make sure that the topic is visible and often discussed. It's significantly more effective if there's several people reminding them about it.

It's important that you guys are also looking at alternative ways for implementation. If the Daily Quen idea that Campitor is exploring doesnt pan out, what other ways would you like to see prize medals available to players?

#167 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

The problem is not taking medals but two people decide what to have or not have in the game.

#168 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:06 PM

The problem is not taking medals but two people decide what to have or not have in the game.

That is not what happened.

Logic and reason > number of people.

#169 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Staff need to not make decisions like that, I feel this way about the LH spotlight, literally two people maybe three asked for it and that is "by popular request".

Doesn't mean its bad but grow a pair dudes.

Just put the poll. Simple.

#170 raphalopes

raphalopes

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBR HUE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:10 PM

That is not what happened.

Logic and reason > number of people.

I don´t see the most logic and reasonable server alive with 2 player... but just a guess here

#171 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

Just put the poll. Simple.

I can get 50 people to agree that there should be a shoe that gives sonic blow double damage, that doesn't mean it's a good idea. Players are as a whole selfish and don't think about the long term. Not saying that to be rude, that's just normal.

Decisions should be made regarding game balance and player activity. Obviously finances are part of it but for so many people I know that would be happy to spam boxes and make Classic a pay2win server, I know many many more that would be happy to have a realistic playing option to earn/sell/buy the armors.

#172 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:11 PM

It was more than 3 tho for LH. Who posted Juno and can we be all be honest who does it really benefit for Juno more, the players or the cousins? And... well why ask players what they want and then put something different ?_?

Poll is a solution where ideas can be discussed, or a list of places that we haven't had in a while and then vote... but then theres the issue of not everyone in the game being on the forums?

#173 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

I mean, to be fair wasn't it just a handful of people posting in the lucky box thread asking for medals that got them to be considered in the first place?

Player suggestions and input are good but the staff need to be wise enough to know when they are asking for too much or just being straight up greedy or selfish. That's my thoughts on the spotlight too, that I hadn't shared at all yet. It's purpose seemingly forgotten in the face of "omg it was just here but lh spotlight so great for spamming rewarding stuff bring it back so I get more!"

Like the people asking for endless compensation or exp/drop events for infinity, they just want more and more. Players are sometimes like children asking for candy at the store, and staff need to decide the boundaries and put their foot down on them sometimes as well.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 04:15 PM.

#174 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Btw, status on the tool to find dupped mvps/minis?.

#175 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Poll is a terrible idea, zerging it

I don't think they should be repeating the same super popular spotlights all the time on player demand. I mean otherwise it'll go between Veins/rachel/LHZ/hugel allllll the time. Probably they need to expand on the spotlight system and make things more appealing with more quests and activities related to those locations, but I don't really think events like that should be 100% in the hands of players anyway.

Like sometimes you gotta think about the other stuff. One of the juno/magma spotlights were really fun... not that I'd play any of them  - I don't log in outside of mvps/woe atm... but there might be hidden voices that would appreciate it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users