January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 6 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#126 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Ppl play this game it at this point it's a stale mate at what players need /end goals as one player put it. I pvm to get Better woe gear, and I woe to get better pvm gear. If your cause is with capitalism society won't change anytime soon and majority of player base is in there mid twenties to thirties. So time/money is easier/harder for some then others k thx

Dally Quen is the savior classic needs in regards to elemental armor.

#127 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

If the game becomes a buy everything no time in game it may as well be a TCG or a single player. There needs to be non P2W content for there to be an active playerbase to make the game appealing as an mmo so that people join it / have people to level with / trade with. p simples :x

#128 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:17 PM

prize medals:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^100% with  you on this. but i really need some way implemented. i really understand why you arent putting them in boxes... however this is something i feel strongly about. and i do not want to wait till 6 months from now to get a solution in. putting them in boxes one time wouldnt affect the server very much imo. players like me who never saw the raffle deserve as much of a chance to obtain these armors as the players who did see the raffle. but i agree this wouldnt be a good continued practice. so my real q:​with all the planed work / updates is it feasible or reasonable to expect another rout put in to getting prize medals in the near future? 

EDIT:any ideas you have would be liked by me. i looked for my super old post asking for ways of getting them. couldnt find them. waiting months for an event or whatnot is cool. ns at this point to express my sadness for waiting longer, or my hope that you are doing something with it.... so here is both :p_sad:  :p_laugh:   

Edited by lxst, 14 January 2016 - 01:35 PM.

#129 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

Maybe the easter bunny should have a elemental of surprise for worthy characters this year.

#130 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

why not give us troy for a bit?

#131 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

why not give us troy for a bit?

That is an option though, the problem with troy is players aren't adventuring instead they are only doing RPS

#132 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

That is an option though, the problem with troy is players aren't adventuring instead they are only doing RPS

would help balance the socializer count that classic desperately lacks and get people in one place to discuss adventuring

#133 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:28 PM

Lucky Raphael please! we need a zeny sink~

Remove Bloody Branches, replace MCA with ACA, triple cost on Witch Star Sand ones(so it doesn't ruin market)

#134 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:36 PM

Then it means that two or three players decided the server course?

Very disappointed to have taken medals from the box. Whether you decide which come in boxes? Place a poll two days before the maintenance !!

My guild has 25 players and the same 25 players will not agree to withdraw the medals.

It is humanly impossible these days, make 1000 medal in Hugel. Nobody today has this time. All work, study, have family, friends and others...

You already thought because we have so few players beyond the terrible disclosure server? You already figured out that you have a gold mine and are losing money with bad decisions?

Think again Campitor and Oda.

#135 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

would help balance the socializer count that classic desperately lacks and get people in one place to discuss adventuring

Big dream is to create a custom instance that rewards with puzzles and traps targeted towards specific classes. So although any solo party could do the very basic part of the instance a full and diverse party is needed to get max rewards.

#136 Stewy

Stewy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

Very disappointed to have taken medals from the box. Whether you decide which come in boxes? Place a poll two days before the maintenance !!

My guild has 25 players and the same 25 players will not agree to withdraw the medals.

It is humanly impossible these days, make 1000 medal in Hugel. Nobody today has this time. All work, study, have family, friends and others...

You already thought because we have so few players beyond the terrible disclosure server? You already figured out that you have a gold mine and are losing money with bad decisions?

I agree there needs to be a better way to get medals but putting it in a KP box is just not the right way to address it. Be patient, Camp mentioned a "Daily Quen" NPC to give medals as rewards. 

#137 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:47 PM

it is certainly possible, just neither efficient nor fun. i got 1000 by alting a char whenever i was online in hugel races while doing stuff on my main. took like 2 weeks on and off. so while not impossible, it's certainly not an experience i'd like to repeat.

#138 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Putting it in the box not only pushes us further down the cash2win slope, it either has to become a regular thing (double bad) or it just kicks the problem further down the road when the next set of players want elemental armors and there's no feasible in game way to get them.

Have some patience and let a real and less harmful solution be implemented.

#139 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Extremely few people have ever done that... The overwhelming majority of medals, that didn't come from boxes, were farmed via scripts.

Putting it in the box not only pushes us further down the cash2win slope, it either has to become a regular thing (double bad) or it just kicks the problem further down the road when the next set of players want elemental armors and there's no feasible in game way to get them.

Have some patience and let a real and less harmful solution be implemented.

Making elemental armors in boxes works like this.. (along with all of the other items)....

People spend $$$$ to get it. Market gets over saturated. People sell the armors. There are so many armors and VERY few players. They become worthless and "non supporters $$$" of the game then buy them for zeny cheaply. 

Basically, they cost a ton of zeny right now. Putting them in boxes will drop the price for "non supporters $$$" so that they can purchase them at a drastically cheaper price then they currently are at. I fail to see how it hurts the s. elemental armors currently. Prize medals (as Xellie said) would hurt MVPers more then anything, but would only help the "non supporters $$$" be able to buy those s. ele armors at a very cheap price (compared to currently). 

TR:DR elemental armors put in boxs will make them much cheaper for people who don't buy boxes. People could afford to buy elemental armors via zeny at a very cheap price (compared to now).

Edited by Undying, 14 January 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#140 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:50 PM

Big dream is to create a custom instance that rewards with puzzles and traps targeted towards specific classes. So although any solo party could do the very basic part of the instance a full and diverse party is needed to get max rewards.

This sounds really cool. I was watching someone on twitch play through the jRO starter stuff and it looked pretty neat. Classic has a ton of potential, I hope "we" can work towards improving many different aspects of the server this year.

Also here's a post I made a couple of weeks ago that's sort of relevant:

Spoiler

Edit: If you want a super simple answer to reintroducing the elemental armors that will benefit all players instead of just those playing right now why not just put Wind on Tanee and Water on....Ktull?

Edited by Themes, 14 January 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#141 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:55 PM

yea, not even mentioning that i had to pay a player like 160m for a wind and havent even seen a water or earth up.... idk yall... everyone was like "oh, wait for xmass time. they have raffles an stuff, you will get one then its only like 6 monthes away" well happy new year...

#142 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:56 PM

Honestly there are many people who would be willing to pitch in with not only ideas (and there have been some really good ones lately from many people, including ones that have been repeated or floated by multiple people which communicates "probably a good idea" to me), but with actual work in order to get classic growing and succeeding.

Please consider finding ways to channel that willingness and effort into helping the server, in a proper and controlled manner of course.

Also PLEASE continue to push hard on the 3pp and duping front, all our efforts will be pretty in vain if cheating and illegit items continue to irreversibly corrupt the server.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM.

#143 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

Surprisingly accurate statements

Not only they are expensive, my good man. They're almost non existent.  I've been looking for like 2 months and camping ragial and forums. Maybe one or two popped up and were gone in 2 mins or so. A guildmate actually gave me a call when there was one available and by the time I told him "yes buy it for me" it was already gone.

I'm already over the fact they won't be put into boxes, but seriously, it's an important matter.

#144 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

I'm with Themes honestly, fire armor is on ifrit already, just put the other three elements on a relevant MVP at the same rate and call it done? If you really want a simple way to get them in the game in a way that has people playing the game to earn them.

The mvp scene on classic already needs a kick in the balls anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing even more rare and desired items being added to their loot pools really. Could do something like ktull, tanee, and amon ra for water/wind/earth on the easier end. Or you could go the other way and add them to appropriate element bio mvps or something (I guess just throw water on the hwiz or priest), give people more incentive to actually go after the real tough hitters.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 02:11 PM.

#145 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:12 PM

Yeah I remember someone proposing it before, dont remember who it was but it seemed like a good idea at the time. However like most good ideas that get posted here they dont get seen or implemented unless they're repeated multiple times.

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1779/ - Ktull for Water

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1885/ - Gopinch for Earth (this one is mostly useless as a damage reducer, but ~*gimmicks*~)

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1688/ - Tanee for Wind

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1832/ - Ifrit currently holds the Fire Armor.

Would you make them all the same drop rate? Does the Ktull quest/Tanee being annoying offset the differing spawn times? I'm sure not that many people care about the Earth armor dropping a bit.

I am heavily against the implementation of temporary events/hats that have real uses. Long term I'd still like to see a way for people to be able to earn event rewards that are actually still useful. Look at the Vintage Orc Helm or Red Beret or the Raffler/Elemental Armors for example.

vvvv Valid concern, if Daily Quen gets sorted I think it'll be fine to leave them in there, but making their only viable source somewhat difficult/long spawn MVPs are kind of annoying due to the nature of MVPs here. Ifrit always has the ~*but it's in ET*~ excuse.

Edited by Themes, 14 January 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#146 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:15 PM

we also dont want to create another monopoly and have another dg bug get abused for years without repercussions

something something Fair trade act.

Edited by zerowon, 14 January 2016 - 02:16 PM.

#147 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:20 PM

yay pen cer scroll~

Thanks~

mehh...

well what is done is done ~ good job ~

raffle please~

to infinity and beyonddddd

p/s : Rest in :P  mr Alan.

#148 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:33 PM

Sleep for 4 hours and the thread get addtional 5 pages.
Saw camp response to lots of question.
Good job in giving response to classic thread.
Saw a shine of hope to classic improvement altho i don't understand 80% of what being argued about.

#149 Pean

Pean

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:35 PM

I agree, people here have a lot of items never should have been on a "classic" server. everyone enjoy the stuff came out for KP for years, but as soon as there comes something which is ingame anyway, people cry because someone could get a item they already own and which is now hard to get + expansive. and i assume non of them spend the time for 1k medals in hugel, since i just heard there was a npc where they was easy to swing.

as you said Xandyzor, a very few people decide the rules, manipulate updates only to avoid the economy improve, overpriced stuff could sink and people who didnt play at this time could get the same stuff they hold ( prolly in higher amounts ).

You could enable stuff like Izlude Arena or Turbotrack as well, should require less effort. IA can be done in solo and party mode, also possible for all classes and even people with lower level. price medals could be a good reward for both of them.

price medals in boxes are OP? but adding a npc which gives away free enriched ores where people can reroll charackter for 2-3 weeks is fine? good point.

Edited by Pean, 14 January 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#150 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:36 PM

Not only they are expensive, my good man. They're almost non existent.  I've been looking for like 2 months and camping ragial and forums. Maybe one or two popped up and were gone in 2 mins or so. A guildmate actually gave me a call when there was one available and by the time I told him "yes buy it for me" it was already gone.

I'm already over the fact they won't be put into boxes, but seriously, it's an important matter.

What's your in game name? I'll give you an unfrozen wind armor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users