January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 14th Alan Rickman Memorial Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#101 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

this is becoming unbelievably petty

What kinda pisses me off is that Xellie constantly posts about actual problems with the server and what needs to be changed, a lot of which I agree with (some of which I don't), and is often seemingly straight ignored or disregarded by community and staff alike because of this anti-xellie attitude, and the level of absurdity it has reached is being put on display right here.

Yeah I get it she can be dramatic or prickly sometimes but the thing that is actually petty is ignoring all the legitimate information and suggestions she posts because of it. Glad to at least see the retcon by Camp there though after it was pointed out.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#102 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

This post didn't need to happen either.

#103 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

THE GMS AFFECTED YOUR GAME PLAY. AND MINE.

I'm done. This is a joke.

#104 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:22 PM

This post did not need to happen.

#105 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

PS Sorry Alan Rickman

#106 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

we should change the server name to "Lost" or "Lxst" lol. then i could tell newbs that this is SPARTA! i meen , MY SERVER! lol, jk jk. valk is an awesome name... shame your idea was presented in jest. if you were sincere i would totally back you up on that. 

so, back on topic. no deviling hat? sry, i just feel like begging for something else i want, with the no prize medals thingy.

#107 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

Yeah but you're happy to let users directly attack my factual posts and insult me and blame me for your mistakes. I mean it's happened like 3 times in this thread already. I don't think you've ever defended a point I've made, just doddler 2.0 there.

you know I only logged in to message warnhal asking for Xerloris to get his name back. I really thought I was through with this bs until I saw this. It's as poorly timed as the WoE report stuff and don't tell me that was a coincidence -_-

I would like to believe that explaining the technical reasons why we choose a course of action would be somewhat supporting.

It was MY mistake that the quest number did not get changed in the first place this year.

To break down what happened with Santa Seal Quest Reset

1. There is no way to tell the difference between when two characters on classic receive a questevent on their quest log.

2. Due to 1 we were forced to reset all Santa quests

3. Due to community concerns regarding seal status and our own concerns at how high it had gotten we chose to remove seal status resets from the Santa NPC going forward.

In regards to WoE 1 God Item Creation

This is a change that should have come a long time ago and it will be coming next week. The thought is to take the pain now and let the healing start rather than continue festering as no matter the action being done it hinders someone and its never an ideal time. It was not targeted at a specific player as I quite frankly don't have the time to stalk a player. I wish I did, I would learn how to play sage much better if I could spy on users, that class really eludes me on play style.

#108 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:32 PM

People often mistake caring about server with actually being helpful. Not screwing up is a good way to start helping.

I sincerely think that all that drama and accusations hold back Classic just as much as the cheating, duping, ect ect blablabla. GM's efforts and players feedback means too little if this goes on. And that feedback is always stained by this -_-.

Look at this thread, we got to the point in which we don't care if stuff is being solved. Because is being solved by the ENEMY influence. "Oh damn god, they are doing something good because an enemie told them so? Unnaceptable!"

And it goes both ways, before someone says I'm being biased.

We're too much of a small community to be able to deal with such drama. It wouldn't be a problem if we had a woe-base of 500+ players, but that's not our situation is it?

Coming from someone which is not on any of the two sides: If you guys can't get along and intend to spread the drama forever, please consider quit playing. Allow Classic to move on. Thank you.

#109 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

sage confuses me too camp..... one day i will get into it.... one day...

if you did change the server name to lost for a week i would die of laughter, just sayin.

Edited by lxst, 14 January 2016 - 12:35 PM.

#110 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:33 PM

I would learn how to play sage much better if I could spy on users, that class really eludes me on play style.

All you need to learn is how to use "anti-diagonal" firewall.

#111 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Reported some other unnecessary drama you might want to look at since you're deleting posts.

#112 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:44 PM

Thread has been cleaned of what I noticed.

#113 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

the amount of ninja edits is interesting am quite sadden the box got shot down guess the tiki lounge gets more money tonight then u 

#114 BLAZE3373

BLAZE3373

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationROKA
  • Server:Classic. Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

I want Prize medal inda Box for exchange Taming gift set.

Edited by BLAZE3373, 14 January 2016 - 01:00 PM.

#115 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Many ninja edits just happened. Removed references targeting other players/guilds. Also discovered that even if the word filter already changed a word it remembers what was said soooooooo if we edit a post that had a filtered cuss word the cuss word returns since filter doesn't apply to us.

#116 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:01 PM

Well regarding the god item creation stuff, why not go with the plan you talked about a year + ago

Grandfather in the current killcounts, and the new ones get wiped hereon forward. You can do it by making them different quest IDs, I think.

I remember this conversation pretty clearly. Sure I can find quotes somewhere. Don't like how it got changed now I'm the only one it affects. Also there was a huge period of time on the server when it would have affected NOBODY. Not least nobody thought it'd happen because threads about it never get answered.

#117 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

are yall working on kvm anytime soon? just the armors and accessories we know everyone loses there cool when u mention the work kvm weapon

#118 Windrunner99

Windrunner99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

New for this week: 

By popular request Lighthalzen spotlight will arriving this week

I know it's not easy to make everyone happy but, isn't the spotlight something created to encourage the players to go to places that are not visited so often...to create a rotation of items in the market?

Lighthalzen was spotlight like what...3~~4 mounths ago? really there are many places that people could explore..but it's  just not worthy...

#119 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

I know it's not easy to make everyone happy but, isn't the spotlight something created to encourage the players to go to places that are not visited so often...to create a rotation of items in the market?

Lighthalzen was spotlight like what...3~~4 mounths ago? really there are many places that people could explore..but it's  just not worthy...

Well I didn't mention anything at first because I was away from forums but you have a point... I also think LHZ shouldn't be spotlight. But hey they made it because player's feedback. It's a good thing. Just  don't make it last forever @Campitor @Oda.

#120 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Well regarding the god item creation stuff, why not go with the plan you talked about a year + ago

Grandfather in the current killcounts, and the new ones get wiped hereon forward. You can do it by making them different quest IDs, I think.

I remember this conversation pretty clearly. Sure I can find quotes somewhere. Don't like how it got changed now I'm the only one it affects. Also there was a huge period of time on the server when it would have affected NOBODY. Not least nobody thought it'd happen because threads about it never get answered.

I recall that now as well. .. I wish I could pull data on how many characters either option would affect but due to the DB... irc I said something about it wouldn't be fair to guild leaders that started the kill count under the old system to force a change to the new.

#121 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

So much QQ about not being able to buy everything you want in this game with cash in a lucky box. I do hope a better avenue for elemental armors comes soon though, prize medals or other tokens can be added to TIs especially if the TI system is expanded, perhaps as a part of a bigger project to create pvm tokens/medals/badges you can earn by doing these things and spend them in a shop with attractive items including the armors. You could make the armors rare drops from mvps or add them to future challenge dungeon or renewal instance content you said you wanted to add, etc.

Just PLEASE make it something that gets people playing the game and earning their gear, not buying it with cash. The cash shop is a necessary evil and right now it's at a relatively controlled level with just consumables and headgears, we don't need to start down the slippery slope of adding more and more OP items for cash than there already are.

Though this sort of damage control is sort of a joke when RMT runs rampant, especially RMT off the dupe site. But that's a whole nother issue that needs work to solve.

Edited by rojoky113, 14 January 2016 - 01:09 PM.

#122 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

I recall that now as well. .. I wish I could pull data on how many characters either option would affect but due to the DB... irc I said something about it wouldn't be fair to guild leaders that started the kill count under the old system to force a change to the new.

Yeah.... I had that expectation at least ~_~ So what now?

p sure I'm the only one with an active killcount

Edited by Xellie, 14 January 2016 - 01:12 PM.

#123 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:12 PM

Yeah.... I had that expectation at least ~_~ So what now?

That was from Early 2015 but the same basic concept applies we shouldn't screw over anyone regardless of guild affiliation. We will make it so old kill counts are grandfathered in.

#124 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

That was from Early 2015 but the same basic concept applies we shouldn't screw over anyone regardless of guild affiliation. We will make it so old kill counts are grandfathered in.

thank you

#125 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:14 PM

Ppl play this game it at this point it's a stale mate at what players need /end goals as one player put it. I pvm to get Better woe gear, and I woe to get better pvm gear. If your cause is with capitalism society won't change anytime soon and majority of player base is in there mid twenties to thirties. So time/money is easier/harder for some then others k thx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users