12/2 Latency, Disconnections and what is being done about it - Page 5 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

12/2 Latency, Disconnections and what is being done about it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic

#101 Dantemss

Dantemss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

By hiring a third party to stop the DDoS, do you guys mean hiring a mob to go hit up whoever is doing this? Because this is one of the few possible "simple" solutions.

#102 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

If they knew who was behind the DDoS then it would be easy to stop without doing anything criminal like that...

#103 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:04 PM

I agree there's a potential of it being a member from one of those two guilds, the timing of the original DDos attack and this subsequant one happened both right after Insur members were banned. That in itself adds this as a possiblity.

Everyone who got banned or is displeased with Gravity's actions could be responsible for that attack, you only know that members from Insurrection got banned, you don't even know (or care) who else got banned. By your logic, Gravity should just hand over personal data of everyone they banned lately and ask for an investigation by the FBI.

So why exactly are EA people potential attackers? As far as I know, they didn't get banned. They only lost their ally, Gravity should also ask the FBI to investigate EA people now? I guess we'll see all of our data at the FBI or NSA soon.

#104 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 02:48 PM

Everyone who got banned or is displeased with Gravity's actions could be responsible for that attack, you only know that members from Insurrection got banned, you don't even know (or care) who else got banned. By your logic, Gravity should just hand over personal data of everyone they banned lately and ask for an investigation by the FBI.

So why exactly are EA people potential attackers? As far as I know, they didn't get banned. They only lost their ally, Gravity should also ask the FBI to investigate EA people now? I guess we'll see all of our data at the FBI or NSA soon.

Most people are in the telephone book with name and address regardless so it's not about confidentiality unless you consider playing iRO a dirty little secret want to hide. Even if Gravity don't volunteer the name and addresses of those most likley to be behind the attacks, you end up making wrong assumption that either of those two authorities couldn't just ask for your information and have it handed to them legally anyways. I see nothing wrong with supplying name and address to a goverment organisation in a nation of which the server is located (which btw already has access to your information anytime it wants) in a bid to stop the person(s) behind the attack.
It's no different to when you get robbed and the police ask you for the names of anyone who you believe has a grudge against you or who may be behind the robbery followed by they ask you "do you know where he lives" of which I promise you would tell them unless your a vigilante. So your arguement has no merit from my viewpoint on that aspect. As for EA being their allies they had forged very close bonds with Insur or atleast some members had and they then went off and raged over it, quiting or threatening to quit..
For the mere fact the level of sympathy for those who got banned for exploiting was shown in their reaction to it so can't rule them out.
However I personally believe only the ones banned from (Insur) should be checked out first. Then if not them sure go after those who in EA reacted the most, hell give them my information if wish if will help its not like your giving your information to random stranger in the street, your giving it to someone who at a whim could access your information anytime they want anyways.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 02 December 2010 - 02:54 PM.

#105 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:04 PM

As for EA being their allies they had forged very close bonds with Insur or atleast some members had and they then went off and raged over it, quiting or threatening to quit..
For the mere fact the level of sympathy for those who got banned for exploiting was shown in their reaction to it so can't rule them out.
However I personally believe only the ones banned from (Insur) should be checked out first. Then if not them sure go after those who in EA reacted the most, hell give them my information if wish if will help its not like your giving your information to random stranger in the street, your giving it to someone who at a whim could access your information anytime they want anyways.

So your only input is to place blame on people who probably don't give even the slightest of a damn about this game, let alone place any effort in attacking gravity because it'd be a waste of time to do so? Nice.

Hi, I'm an Ex-EA member that voluntarily quit RO as of like 4 days ago now. Even if I had the knowledge and power to DDoS I wouldn't waste the time to do so on a small game company.

Now if you are done with the speculative nonsense because you have no one else to pin the blame on, perhaps you should think about something else.

#106 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys, i'm back after gravity decided to randomly block my IP address and blamed me for being "directly responsible for the DDOS attacks". Gave me and everyone else in insur a pretty good laugh. I love how everyone assumes that insur is behind these DDOS attacks when 90% of us don't even know what it really is. Please keep spewing nonsense out so I can laugh some more!

#107 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:27 PM

So your only input is to place blame on people who probably don't give even the slightest of a damn about this game, let alone place any effort in attacking gravity because it'd be a waste of time to do so? Nice.

Hi, I'm an Ex-EA member that voluntarily quit RO as of like 4 days ago now. Even if I had the knowledge and power to DDoS I wouldn't waste the time to do so on a small game company.

Now if you are done with the speculative nonsense because you have no one else to pin the blame on, perhaps you should think about something else.

Hit a nerve did I? You do have common sense don't you? As it doesn't show in your response.
Like I said in that thing called RL when someone mugs you, rapes you, attacks you and you call the police, some of the earliest questions they will ask you is "Do you know the attacker?" if you say no, they will ask you "Does anyone come to mind who holds a grudge against you that may be behind <insert offense>?" if there is someone who does like some of the possible Insur banned people; then you would answer yes and they will ask you "Do you happen to have an address or able to point out or where they live?". This is no different.

I don't care if your EA or Ex-EA makes no difference. The timing of the bans and the timing of the attack are too close to just assume there is no connection, because it IS a possibility. You do realise that just because someone has your information they wont just show up at your door and take your computer for checking?
Reality check, the only data to begin with would give to FBI would be record of the packet data over the period from which the attacks began to start with then in that information bread crumb trail will begin and lead to the one responsible and by giving the details specifically name of the MOST LIKELY ones responsable; which btw is Insur banned members, is no different to when a police officer asks you "Do you have any idea who may be behind <insert offence>?".

I never said it was EA you jumped on the bandwagon too early. I implied they should investigate anyone who could be behind the attacks, I don't care if thats Insur or EA or anyone else, if there is a reason why they maybe responsible more so than general random moaning on forums about random things then going back to play and chilling out.. Then by all means tell the FBI who it is who holds the biggest grudge, and that just so happens to have started around the banning of those guild members.

You also need to learn how to read, because I did not say that they did do it, I said it's a real possibility due to the timing between the bans and the attack. Maybe invest in some glasses to help with your ability to read.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 02 December 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#108 Pepperoncini

Pepperoncini

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Look, this isn't CSI:Prontera

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute. I just really wanted to say that.

#109 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Hit a nerve did I? You do have common sense don't you? As it doesn't show in your response.
Like I said in that thing called RL when someone mugs you, rapes you, attacks you and you call the police, some of the earliest questions they will ask you is "Do you know the attacker?" if you say no, they will ask you "Does anyone come to mind who holds a grudge against you that may be behind <insert offense>?" if there is someone who does like some of the possible Insur banned people; then you would answer yes and they will ask you "Do you happen to have an address or able to point out or where they live?". This is no different.

I don't care if your EA or Ex-EA makes no difference. The timing of the bans and the timing of the attack are too close to just assume there is no connection, because it IS a possibility. You do realise that just because someone has your information they wont just show up at your door and take your computer for checking?
Reality check, the only data to begin with would give to FBI would be record of the packet data over the period from which the attacks began to start with then in that information bread crumb trail will begin and lead to the one responsible and by giving the details specifically name of the MOST LIKELY ones responsable; which btw is Insur banned members, is no different to when a police officer asks you "Do you have any idea who may be behind <insert offence>?".

I never said it was EA you jumped on the bandwagon too early. I implied they should investigate anyone who could be behind the attacks, I don't care if thats Insur or EA or anyone else, if there is a reason why they maybe responsible more so than general random moaning on forums about random things then going back to play and chilling out.. Then by all means tell the FBI who it is who holds the biggest grudge, and that just so happens to have started around the banning of those guild members.

You also need to learn how to read, because I did not say that they did do it, I said it's a real possibility due to the timing between the bans and the attack. Maybe invest in some glasses to help with your ability to read.

Nerd alert.

#110 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

:) lol that would be ace. Maybe someone could make a flash movie like that would be epic. You deffinatly deserved a reputation boost from me as that made me laugh, I just wish someone would make an iRO fan video of it.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 02 December 2010 - 04:10 PM.

#111 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:51 PM

LOL! >_<

#112 TatakaiRyu

TatakaiRyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

Nerd alert.

The pot calling the kettle black. At least he has common sense lol.

#113 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

someone needs to call Obama and inform him of this situation so that he gets on it ASAP

#114 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

Oh my, the nerds are multiplying.

#115 TatakaiRyu

TatakaiRyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

That must be you in your sig huh? lol

#116 Itsukiishdia

Itsukiishdia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationInternet?

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:04 PM

Nerd alert.

Hahahahaha! I read that and then I look at your siggy.

The CSI:Prontera almost made me piss my pants too. This is an excellent example of CSI, im hoping though they bust the nerd who hacked and find him/her in the basement with tissues on the ground, computer screens everywhere, monster cans, stack of anime, and a huge computer. I get to call "Epic Win!" if that happens.

#117 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Damn, all it took was a few short posts and I get these few short responses.

You should read up a little on trolling.

#118 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:07 PM

Now your just trolling, atleast my posts were on topic regarding the attack and ways of dealing with it. Just because you got a verbal reprimand doesn't really give adequate reason to troll. If you have quit or retired it's fine still being on these forums, but if you have nothing to say other than knee-jerk reactions to other peoples legitimate posts regarding the game that you no longer play then please go troll somewhere else. :)

Calling other people trolls after what you have posted last few times is making yourself look very silly tbh.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 02 December 2010 - 04:08 PM.

#119 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:12 PM

At least one of you grew wise.

I'll give you your point on your wall of text post, regardless how absurdly low of a possibility it may be true. But remember that you are the one who decided to sling insults first.

Edit: Pssst, perhaps you should brush up your own reading skills rather than insult the reading level of others. "I" was the one trolling, the others were not. But as the posts below point out, the subject matter is over.

Edited by Hanyuu, 02 December 2010 - 04:28 PM.

#120 Itsukiishdia

Itsukiishdia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationInternet?

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

I have an awesome idea, how about we go back to the original subject?!
SOooo..... When do you guys this this mystery will be solved?

Edited by Itsukiishdia, 02 December 2010 - 04:23 PM.

#121 MogManX44

MogManX44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

and i, for one, am glad you did

#122 morakdais

morakdais

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:24 PM

okay instead of this flaming/trolling nonsense, how about the community uses the power of the internet to figure who is doing it.

Seriously NEDM style

#123 Pooru

Pooru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Locationsouthern california
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:25 PM

Damn, all it took was a few short posts and I get these few short responses.

You should read up a little on trolling.

lol amazing you quit RO and your on the warp portal forums, guess someone got banned after all

#124 Hanyuu

Hanyuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 04:30 PM

Actually no, I didn't get banned. My account is quite fine.

However I did uninstall the game so it'd take some time after I get home to void your entire post and prove otherwise.

Edited by Hanyuu, 02 December 2010 - 05:35 PM.

#125 Risami

Risami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:10 PM

well i just got a high lag, good thing i wasn't on my main i thought this was gonna be fix during maintence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users