12/2 Latency, Disconnections and what is being done about it - Page 6 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

12/2 Latency, Disconnections and what is being done about it

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
224 replies to this topic

#126 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:19 PM

Yup,.. IDK what the maintence was supposed to fix, but the lagg is still there. Even if there is no death penalty, I dont feel like walking back to magma through those pesky herpes more than once.

#127 mikibong

mikibong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:01 PM

ill just spam crazy weed in pront and make the DDos attackers happy, oh wait, they changed it to Crazy vines....we are doomed

#128 Katageshi

Katageshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

it's okay :) i"ll wait

#129 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:24 PM

Posted Image

#130 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:28 PM

Is that Jesus showing an old lady how to use a PC? And why does he only have one hand?

#131 ikeren

ikeren

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Locationchicity
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:31 PM

That picture is a thousand times more interesting than RO.
Plus you can actually view the picture right now.

#132 toohot

toohot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:41 PM

heim, the lag just got worst than before the maintenance. just for your information

#133 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:45 PM

Nothing has been done there are still DCs and lag spikes.

#134 SisterMary

SisterMary

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:02 PM

What's your accusation based on?

just saying cause when most got banned/quit... the ddosing began lol

and its working too..

ro is literally on it's last life and the gm's really aren't doing that much work to fix

take away the lag and you're still left with an uncomplete, glitchy, game... its sad really

#135 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:41 PM

if you wanna get to Mag without going threw harpies use a dungeon teleport scroll they take you to lvl 1 and atleast you dont loose exp if u lag dc and die now >___<

#136 Sadalmelik

Sadalmelik

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:44 PM

fighting about ymir and valkyrie doesnt make any good. each server is different and we should understand that ymir has benefits that valkyrie doesnt have and all the other way around.

both servers are struggling with lag right now. before renewal we didn't have this issues and now with renewal both servers are going through the same problem. on both servers we wanted renewal to be able to adquire 3rd classes, this problems are just the 2nd effect that comes with it. I just object the poor feedback that GMs are providing regarding this issues. A better and full explanation about their plan of action about this problem should be provided.

if both servers were working just fine before renewal, they should be working now. ymir players pay for game time and its not fair to have them off and dealing with lag for a time that is payed. most of high ranked valkyrie players also spent money for KP and its not fair either to have them off the game. valkyrie KP items are expensier than ymir KP available items.

GMs are supposed to be more informative regarding this kind of issues than just saying maintenance will fix it. setting false expectations should be the answer.

#137 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:28 PM

Please read the first post

And please virus scan. There are a number of IPs of RO players that are showing up in the packet flooding attacks, this is likely why some users are ip blocked. And yes some of them were recently banned, but that may be 2 unique things as they were in the ip list prior to being banned.

#138 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:31 PM

fighting about ymir and valkyrie doesnt make any good. each server is different and we should understand that ymir has benefits that valkyrie doesnt have and all the other way around.

both servers are struggling with lag right now. before renewal we didn't have this issues and now with renewal both servers are going through the same problem. on both servers we wanted renewal to be able to adquire 3rd classes, this problems are just the 2nd effect that comes with it. I just object the poor feedback that GMs are providing regarding this issues. A better and full explanation about their plan of action about this problem should be provided.

if both servers were working just fine before renewal, they should be working now. ymir players pay for game time and its not fair to have them off and dealing with lag for a time that is payed. most of high ranked valkyrie players also spent money for KP and its not fair either to have them off the game. valkyrie KP items are expensier than ymir KP available items.

GMs are supposed to be more informative regarding this kind of issues than just saying maintenance will fix it. setting false expectations should be the answer.

Someone is blind. Look at the first post of this very thread. xD

#139 Bomm

Bomm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:38 PM

Edited by Bomm, 02 December 2010 - 11:38 PM.

#140 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:42 PM

Maybe a silly question, but have you asked for serious help from your isp ^^;? I don't think the attack will stop itself and if it is thaat bad, you might not have the resources to mitigate it alone ^^;

#141 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:22 AM

I've said it in many threads: Gravity's ISP sucks. Get a new one. xD

#142 BOOTYMONSTER1

BOOTYMONSTER1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:25 AM

Update December 2,

So we have finally gotten a good read on the metrics data from the attack... And yes it is a ZDOS this means infected computers around the internet are a part of the coordinated attacks. While this likely isn't surprising, the data from the history is suggesting this DDOS may have been slowly building since October and is a contributer to the overall lag...

Matching those IPs that are hitting us now matches many IPs of normal RO players.. so with that in mind I request

VIRUS SCAN YOUR COMPUTERS!!!!1!

This is Typical when you Piss many people off who have the coding knowledge.
See how easy this was for your Ragnocrack Community to shut you down.
This is why you should always. Be courteous and blind to what you costumers
say. Because this time it came back and bit you in the arse.
And honestly, I will say it I really dont care.
Its probably part of the Group of Nerdy Ragnocrack-heads you banned from the forums
that started this. So i would have this Deeply investigated.
And possible have charges brought against these Jackholes !

#143 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 12:49 AM

Oh sh-

#144 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:49 AM

* Full scanned with Kaspersky Internet Security 11.0.1.400 - nothing found.

If this attack is realated to a virus / malware, could we at least get some specs on it (reg entries, filenames / locations) ?

Edited by Budro, 03 December 2010 - 03:03 AM.

#145 Renan

Renan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:03 AM

Please read the first post

And please virus scan. There are a number of IPs of RO players that are showing up in the packet flooding attacks, this is likely why some users are ip blocked. And yes some of them were recently banned, but that may be 2 unique things as they were in the ip list prior to being banned.

hahahaha what ever :P :)

you just like asking the attackers to stop!just shotdown iro

Edited by Renan, 03 December 2010 - 08:09 AM.

#146 Risami

Risami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:14 AM

well i can never aford virus scanner i use avg but no idea if that works on certian virus is there a free online virus scanner? avg hasn't showed up anything harmful but i like to be sure with another one.

#147 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:24 AM

well i can never aford virus scanner i use avg but no idea if that works on certian virus is there a free online virus scanner? avg hasn't showed up anything harmful but i like to be sure with another one.

You can download a free trial of Kaspersky that is fully functional for 30 days.

#148 Risami

Risami

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 04:27 AM

ok thanks, and btw how do we know if bots aren't using there bot programs giving the virus? have gravity ever thought of that?

#149 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:26 AM

I use AVG full version and it's always been very good in past, I run it every other day nothing has been found cept the normal tracking cookies when I run it. It's a good point Heim if you could give us a link or something to a virus checker that you know works or not with this sort of trojan/virus. I'm very dubious of downloading specific DDos checking software as they could end up being fake checkers which may in reality actually be the backdoor virus itself that turns PC into an attacker on game I like so much.
I don't want to go downloading every tom-_- and harry version of antivirus software because it causes conflicts between each other so if we could get a link to a real, not infected or fake checker that would be good. Also I don't know if Kaspersky is any better than AVG as I said I have found AVG to find more than most other ones I have tried to be one of best so far, but there is no way of knowing that without having all types running on my system which will end up nuking each other with conflicts.
Or maybe even give the ones you have found to be iRO players a heads up via private message or something that they are comphremised etc if they are not banned already.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 03 December 2010 - 05:52 AM.

#150 Budro

Budro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:55 AM

AVG is good, but I would shy away from Symantec / Norton or McAfee. Those two are extream system hogs and not worth their weight or cost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users