Update Notes for Pegasus - Page 6 - Development Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Update Notes for Pegasus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#126 cloud1221

cloud1221

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:40 PM

Yes to ip restriction, since everybody will have TG, don't make it just like TG too cause it's just redundancy. it is good to practice your skills and tactics without over powered buffs and its always fair for all. :)

#127 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Server:Sirius, Polaris, Tala

Posted 29 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

No to IP restriction. 5 of us with my friends are already suffering being unable to spam dungeons and AA together. We are all playing under the same IP with one router (computer laboratory setup/LAN shared internet connection).

The best way to fix this is MAC address restriction (if possible) or allow clients to detect other running clients within a single computer. Then remove IP restriction from GA because it's stupid.

#128 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:24 PM

@feuer leave cartel to those who really into pvp and KNOWS clan wars...nuff said

#129 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

Cartel is not for clan wars, for the last time, it's for practicing or preparing to play in GA PvP. You already have TG for your Wars, and TG is going to still exist along side of JC. 

#130 LucieFear

LucieFear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

When are Crossbow Knights going to be fixed? I logged into pegasus and they're still really bad. Why is it taking to long for them to get a normal amount of attacking skills. And why do they not have any good unique ability's. 

#131 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:29 PM

@feuer leave cartel to those who really into pvp and KNOWS clan wars...nuff said

You got tg for that.. Its not like jc will replace tg..

#132 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:00 PM

Aside from the fact that I do pvp, I just don't weigh my importance by how often I have ego measuring contests.

#133 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:39 PM

i think its weird that  community representative shoots down someone's feedback, aren't they supposed to give our feedback to the devs?

so again mine feedback is please no permanent safe zone but a temporary one (with like idk 10 -15 seconds duration) in JC.

That's my feedback and so far i know i am part from the community, enough said.

#134 viellefran

viellefran

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

I think weighing these opinions, feuer is right since you really need a safezone for your cleric to buff lol. anyway I think imatt is just butthurt since he cant abuse those he hunt on tg with his enourmous amount of im buffs.

Above all, you can still report those who abuse the rule.

So, I say no to IP restriction since its not the actual GA but a Training Ground for GA. 

#135 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:17 AM

I am not a pvp player but my 2 cents for what it's worth.

From what I remember, the Junon Cartel was created because ppl were complaining about boosters and stat buffers ruining the fun in TG. Seems to me that if there is a safe zone for buffers to be parked, that defeats the purpose of the Cartel.

If someone wants to use stat buffers and boosters, they can go to TG or DoD.

If someone is trying out skills and stats and just wants to practice fairly without any type of boost, then use Junon Cartel.

#136 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

TG or JC, godly will rule anyway~

#137 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:36 PM

Being offtopic, I remember Godly being owned by Cheryn lmao.

#138 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:01 PM

To continue the off-topic train: It'll be interesting to see which clans actually have strong NON-raider players. Because the meta is most definitely changing. 

#139 Peteer

Peteer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:45 PM

Godly ofc

#140 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

Well I'll be looking forward to seeing it play out, good luck to Godly, you all seem very confident. 

#141 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:22 PM

Here comes, the AVATAR!

#142 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 12:19 AM

Tbh, I want axe to be not underpowered. AXE must be AXE. With the current change in buff system, AXE must have the highest AP and burst in the game.

#143 3942130124084145663

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:25 AM

It is funny to see people generalize a tiny part of the clan as a whole clan. I prefer mentioning specific char names rather than clan name.

Back to topic,

I feel what makes current raider annoying is their critical and maybe their invis. IF ONLY critical(extra damage) and interrupt/stun is separated dev don't need to tweak a lot of things to balance thing out. In AA, current raider is insignificant, bourg is much more scary and powerful. However, with max charm and full stats buff raider becomes very powerful in TG. That is why most (if not all) players who like pvp use raider.

I remember there was a NPC who can organize a PVP/ War with timer, etc not like current method where people just enter TG with full buff as they want and with any numbers.

And for element, i feel the element system is quite stiff and straight forward? Maybe they could refer to RO system.

Edited by 3942130124084145663, 01 April 2016 - 02:28 AM.

#144 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:50 AM

Theres no point about prohibiting stats buffers in JC. They are already existing in GA PVP. Play some AA if you dont mind.

#145 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:09 AM

Another, I dont see the point in implementing the DoT. I thought the main goal of this skill update was to lessen the 'feeling' of easily dying. Man, this DoT effects is worse. It will just make the low hp classes with so little HP regen to almost useless very pathetic, considering there is no goulash allowed on GA's. It will just kill classes easier. Even with the update, the buffs are even stronger than before.

In my own opinion With the Runes and elemental update, i dont see anything interesting about it. Its just another grinding. Nothing less. It also builds another long gap between new comers and the old ones. I mean, this update makes the game more 'unreachable' to new ones. Its almost a living hell getting yourself leveled, then competing with those old hags wearing mighty armors and stuffs, while you in a rotting old leather suit.

What I envision for ROSE to be fun is that something everyone could achieve, then it will just be a fight between playstyle and tactics. For me thats the real competition. But what the update pushes is that, its just a matter of grinding, who was there first to stock up on stuff etc etc. For me its not a big deal if we got almost the same gears, its what the play style of a player makes him excel.

Its not like we are kids who can play Rose 10/7. 

Rather I think rose team should work on making levling on low lvls a bit easier, and enjoyable, like putting effort in making quests - - (the hero quest sucks btw) so they dont feel the burden in leveling. More players=more games=more IM sales=fun for everyone

#146 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:45 AM

Another, I dont see the point in implementing the DoT. I thought the main goal of this skill update was to lessen the 'feeling' of easily dying. Man, this DoT effects is worse. It will just make the low hp classes with so little HP regen to almost useless very pathetic, considering there is no goulash allowed on GA's. It will just kill classes easier. Even with the update, the buffs are even stronger than before.

In my own opinion With the Runes and elemental update, i dont see anything interesting about it. Its just another grinding. Nothing less. It also builds another long gap between new comers and the old ones. I mean, this update makes the game more 'unreachable' to new ones. Its almost a living hell getting yourself leveled, then competing with those old hags wearing mighty armors and stuffs, while you in a rotting old leather suit.

What I envision for ROSE to be fun is that something everyone could achieve, then it will just be a fight between playstyle and tactics. For me thats the real competition. But what the update pushes is that, its just a matter of grinding, who was there first to stock up on stuff etc etc. For me its not a big deal if we got almost the same gears, its what the play style of a player makes him excel.

Rather I think rose team should work on making levling on low lvls a bit easier, and enjoyable, like putting effort in making quests - - (the hero quest sucks btw) so they dont feel the burden in leveling. More players=more games=more IM sales=fun for everyone

And that's why me and angel are doing an experiment separately on almost the same thing. Which is leveling a lowbie to a certain level (or angel's one is aiming to max i think) without buffs, but mine is show the differences with and without.

Check This out =p

promoting my thread and video aside, i do agree with you. The team needs to think of a way to attract new players more than retaining old ones. With this it does make it a little more fun to play, it creates a sense of achievement but on gears. Hopefully it will go well for the future of rose

Edited by KatsuraKujo, 01 April 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#147 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:15 AM

Another, I dont see the point in implementing the DoT.

To give another option to players on how to deal damage. DoT's have specific benefits and shortcoming. They're reliable in the sense you don't need accuracy. However, they have the short coming of easily being resisted with minimal effort [Damage Reduction]

In fact, with 1 item, and 2 Gems, most DoT's are reduced to 'immune'.

Gloopy Mask + GRC + Damage Reduction Foot. 

Additionally, you can equip a Soaked cape and Damage Reduction in off-hand if you REALLY want to. Though in most cases, it's not needed.

They can also be blocked. And given the very high block amounts, every-time a block is triggered, the entire DoT's duration is blocked. Instead of on a per-tic basis.

I thought the main goal of this skill update was to lessen the 'feeling' of easily dying.

This isn't a skill update. This is a feature update that affect some skills. 

The features being

-DoT's + HoT's

- Elements

- Paradigm Runes

- Melee Attack Speed Reduction + Skill Cooldown increases.

-Stat Balances [STR's DEF + HP amount increased // INT's M.Def and MP amount increase // SEN losing Critical Defense // CON lost critical rating contribution // CHA gained Critical Defense

Man, this DoT effects is worse. It will just make the low hp classes with so little HP regen to almost useless very pathetic, considering there is no goulash allowed on GA's. It will just kill classes easier.

Thus stressing the decision to Build Max HP, or Use Damage Reduction Items. [Refer to my first sub-comment]

Even with the update, the buffs are even stronger than before.

Stronger than boosters*

In my own opinion With the Runes and elemental update, i dont see anything interesting about it. Its just another grinding. Nothing less. It also builds another long gap between new comers and the old ones. I mean, this update makes the game more 'unreachable' to new ones.

This is something that will be addressed. It is very well known at this stage that the entry level to end-game gap is very large. And there are many things planned to help alleviate this. Some of them are in this update. 

Its almost a living hell getting yourself leveled, then competing with those old hags wearing mighty armors and stuffs, while you in a rotting old leather suit.

What I envision for ROSE to be fun is that something everyone could achieve, then it will just be a fight between playstyle and tactics. For me thats the real competition. But what the update pushes is that, its just a matter of grinding, who was there first to stock up on stuff etc etc.

Pre-stocking points will do you very little favors. You'd be tripling your costs by doing it, and even the people with a very 'proficient' level of currency income won't have access to the end-game Runes for many many weeks, if not months. Runes are intentionally hard to get [though I personally would argue impossible at their current stage as I've stated before]. They're not intended for casuals. 

For me its not a big deal if we got almost the same gears, its what the play style of a player makes him excel.

No one should be playing ROSE that much. If they are however, why should they not be rewarded for their time invested? 

There are many theory's and proposals about how to make leveling 'fun', but 'fun' is a subjective word. Some thing leveling 1-max in a day is fun, others find a long story driven method fun. There should be multiple options for this, not just one. 

#148 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:46 AM

It is funny to see people generalize a tiny part of the clan as a whole clan. I prefer mentioning specific char names rather than clan name.

Truth hurts isn't? I always remember the saying "Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good morals" 

Back to topic,

I feel what makes current raider annoying is their critical and maybe their invis. IF ONLY critical(extra damage) and interrupt/stun is separated dev don't need to tweak a lot of things to balance thing out. In AA, current raider is insignificant, bourg is much more scary and powerful. However, with max charm and full stats buff raider becomes very powerful in TG. That is why most (if not all) players who like pvp use raider.

Insignificant? that is false and just by seeing a bourg who ranked top 1 means it's more scary and powerful, have you seen a lot of times where the current raider we have in live often ranked top 1 in ga pvp?

About the JC, Genesis please delete it lmfao  :heh:

For me, its more fun to just add a practice mode of every dungeon and ga pvp. If a player press alt+g, there should be another tab beside PvP, which name is for example Practice Mode. With this, players will be deployed on actual environment and can make strategic plans, better preparations.

About the DoT, as Feuer commented about it, its pretty easy to counter fight and I think DoT class deserves this DoT specially to katar raiders which has been heavily affected by this upcoming update.

Please don't forget that Raiders are not just made for explorations, its made for assassinations which means expected to hit fatal blow skills.

I do suggest that the this block rate/damage reduction should be properly checked and tested by the developers team, its powerful, check it out in pegasus.

With all due respect, (I know there are two people working on about their experiment on leveling) MonnaLise is just saying the truth, without buffs the leveling is really awful, that's the truth, let's stop being hypocrite there and embrace what's really happening in game. IMO the only strong reason I thought why the leveling became as difficult as walking in the mud, was for players to look for those medals, sigils, boosters through ITEM MALL.

#149 cyb3rhackdotr

cyb3rhackdotr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:53 AM

With those gems and items being easily accessible, DoT system is trash. It needs to be thoroughly planned out before being implemented.

I suggest the following:

• Make DoTs deal damage through damage reductions (ignores damage reductions of any kind)
  • DoT can only be reduced by Charm (as it can also be increased by the same stats)

Charm is indeed a powerful stat but still very situational. Nobody would want it combat-wise. But with these changes, CHA (even with minimal amount) will be useful.

Edited by cyb3rhackdotr, 01 April 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#150 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 06:56 AM

It doesn't need to be trashed, there needs to be some values and items taken into account. 

Bug Report Build V122:

• The amount of Damage Reduction Items is causing an issue with 100% immunity to DoT's with low values, rendering the classes who use them 100% resisted [for the larger part].

This is due to some items in game that do not have a counter and MUST be addressed, or else the new DoT system will be rendered obsolete before it even releases. 

Items:

Gloopy Mask:

75 Damage Reduction + Movespeed Reduction 50

Soaked Cape:

50 Damage Reduction + Sleep Resistance 10%

Currently these have no counter, so here is the proposed Counter items.

Turak Mask: -to counter gloopy mask-

75 Enhanced Damage + Movespeed Reduction 50

[Awarded Randomly in SC from bosses Executor / Shamman]

[Probly Requires a new model, if item is approved I can design one immediately]

Kings Cape: -to counter Soaked Cape-

50 Enhanced Damage + 5% Status Resistance

[Awarded for Dungeon Completion of Halls of Oblivion]

[Uses Red color texture + same cape mesh as Soaked Cape]

With that taken care of these items would nullify each other and bring it back to a neutral base point.

================================================================

End of Report for v122 for now. 

It's already been reported, and I had a conversation with Genesis about it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users