Exp event/the secrets to making raganrok amazing - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Exp event/the secrets to making raganrok amazing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#1 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:02 AM

just saw >>>   Exp event starts on Thursday for Easter week  on the ragnarok twitter page. Can someone please confirm the date exp event will end as  i hope to buy vip for atleast a month to make the most of it. I stopped leveling since the exp rate is so low normally so i really hope this event last at least 3 months :). Since Terms of Service servers open in a few days it will be a good incentive to keep our population playing. I can personally think of a million ways to keep this game alive and entertaining from weekly exp boosts,social in game acivities/gatherings/hunts and random reward events to paying people to form and become guild leaders/in game guides to entertainers. The biggest thing that could change this game  and make it 1000% more fun is if you increased the gear/card drop rates ( 90% of the population walk around  dressed like peasants) and make ALL monsters harder to kill even the weakest. Killing difficult monsters will encourge team work/parties in the deserted maps Midgar. People will be forced to form groups of tank/healer/killer and puller ect to over come and kill a poring  >:( and when they succeed and the poring drops a piece of gear that is actually valuable and beneficial to your build making you stronger like  a violet of fear it will be gratifying. Think dark souls difficulty with diablo loot rewards. I have been playing since 2008 like most people i have no idea what the story of ragnarok is and why i must slaughter those innocent poor porings :( i skipped it all like most people because it wasn't that good to be honest from i did read. So the only  reason other then exp to slaughter a porings is if it drops something amazing high risk high reward. what do you think is more fun, killing grass hoppers for 3 hours like a bot for no reason other then to gain 0.001% exp and  the chance of getting some stale mucus at a drop rate of 0.0000.1% ( how mind numbing..this is the very mechanic of mmos that will consume your soul :( its evil ) or killing grass hoppers dying 10/15 times finding a party gaining 1% to 5% exp and a violet of fear. Lets be honest all those fancy gears and cards that cost billions will never be attained by 99.9% of the population most will give up reasons being too hard, too time consuming and the biggest reason of all COST REAL MONEY!!!!! after level 150 you have to pay real money to gain basic things to level >:( all those guides on how to make money are pretty useless as people have lives and cant grind day and night so becoming a billionaire is almost impossible for most and become a billionaire you must if you want to play end game. Most people play mmorpg to level and become strong get amazing gear become a badass......being as to destory the hardest mvp in the game after an hour battle.....and thats why many leave ragnarok because they dnt have the billionaire  zenny gear REQUIRED TO EVEN STAND A CHANCE. So in the end after playing for year almost eveyday and looking back on the games history..the requests of the population and the  updates added to the game, seeing all the obvious flaws and the obvious fixes....it it clear to me the CEO or who ever is in charge of the game  does not care.......for the population the game its success its level of enjoyment and its future....the only thing they really care is what LUCKY BOX they will create next month how much they will sell it for and how much money they will make.....if the games dies tomorrow it doesn't matter as long as they have enough LUCKY BOXES to sell today...such a shame......a king is no king if he as no people to rule over.,....dont listen to the words of the people mr ragnrok CEO ....we will simply leave and play another game like Terms of Service and then you will go broke with no one will be left to buy your lucky boxes any more  >:(. I personally spend up to £50 a month buying ps4 games i am fortunate but having spent a few hundred £ buying wpe and still not having my level 175 characters geared enough to play with out having to  SPEND MORE MONEY!!! kinda makes me alittle angry...esp since it seems like it was all a waste...since nothing will change..if i new all this before i started spending real money i would have bought more ps4 games instead!!!   look at the angry face mr ragnrok CEO  >:(.....this is the face of every player.......and this is where you need to start  :no1:  .,,......................................

#2 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:06 AM

dude. tldr. at least try to break your huge chunk of text into paragraphs :heh: so we could understand what you wanted to convey. 

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:07 AM

holy crap

#4 Mayhem

Mayhem

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:10 AM

Yea ok I got through the first sentence.

Ok so yes increased exp. Check https://forums.warpp...ntenance/page-5

#5 Eternityzero

Eternityzero

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:11 AM

I am not even sure if ragnarok has something like a story

#6 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:18 AM

my god.......they replaced the words '' <> with ''Terms of Service'' what is this north korea!?  :p_omg: .... someones alittle afraid  :p_devil:  sell us £20 worth of lucky boxes filled with useless coins and red potions will you  :ani_bzz:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 March 2016 - 12:07 PM.
Don't attempt word filter bypass please.

#7 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

okay. i've tried reading it again... @.@ as much as i hate to say this :v but this game is actually a business.

I know you have good intentions on bringing this up but regarding the drop rate and difficulty of monsters-- there are solo-ists and there are people who work well with parties. The existence of low level- easy to kill monsters is for everyone, weak and strong, to kill. Raise the difficulty and people who go online on a certain time-- let's say a dull time (w/c i've experienced before in low and mid TI sometime) can find it hard to form parties, much less kill those. You'd shoo them away as well.

on the prices. I couldn't say much about it. the boxes are pure risk and luck. certain high priced items are there because players are the one setting prices on them-- because of the rarity and difficulty on getting them. you can't expect everyone or like 75% of the population acquire those rares because things will be imbalanced. we've seen this in pRO before. almost everyone's got MVP cards. it ain't fun anymore. then they closed. You try the same game outside the official ones, you'd still see the difficulty of attaining those gears. There will always be difficulty. 

#8 BookishBrenda

BookishBrenda

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

my god.......they replaced the words '' <> with ''Terms of Service'' what is this north korea!?  :p_omg: .... someones alittle afraid

Warpportal's Policy regarding 'The Game That Must Not Be Named'... :shss:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 24 March 2016 - 12:08 PM.
Edited in quote

#9 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:19 PM

im sure i would have more fun if i had mvp cards 2  :heh:  i was just tryna high light some concerns and potentials changes that might help revive the game...of all the mmos i have played this is my favourite...i dont wana see it die :(.

It being business sure i understand they need to make money, but having spent a few hundred £ buying wpe and still not being able to play because im under geared is a MAJOR issue. I would need to spend £800 to £1000 plus buying 2k wpe for £20 and selling for 150 milion zenny per 1k wpe to fully gear a gx with 2 bakawano tatoo, 9+ fully encanted faw, 9+ lucky day boots, 9+ fql shadow gears, mvp cards...and all the required buffs ect. Dont you agree this is too expensive?! no mmo charges this much to play end game!!!!

with that kind money i could buy a gtx 980 gpu and an occulus rift virtual reality head set and and spirtually/emotionally ascend to another dimension  :p_laugh:

I work and could afford to spend a few hundred but what of the majority of the population> unemployed > students. I believe selling a full complete gear sets like all the gx gears mentioned above in one package for a price between £10 to £40 is not only fair/affordable and it could make alot of money for mr ragnarok CEO. Id rather everyone have the mvp cards and billion zenny gear, have fun killing high level mvp than no one having them and not being able to kill said mvp because of lack of them. This makes the game unbalanced and is the very reason pvp is dead......its not dead because people dnt like pvp ...its dead because fighting someone with 9+ fully enchanated gear while you only have underpants on head and a white vest is pointless..... 

#10 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:20 PM

rest in a single peace of paragraph

#11 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

Anyone got the Cliff Notes?

#12 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:21 PM

Nope, nooooooooooooooooooooope.

Not reading that.

#13 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

Looking at that squished together multi-paragraph based post makes my voice hurt, without ever attempting to read a word of it aloud.

#14 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:29 PM

well done mr VModCinnamon...even thought i typed the forbidden word using numbers in code you still caught on and replaced it with ''<>''     :p_devil:  your moderating skills are admirable

#15 3458130513060021243

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Server:Steam Srv Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:31 PM

wow

lots of words in a row  :p_swt:

Edited by 3458130513060021243, 24 March 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#16 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

Give me a minute I'm gonna try to make OP more readable.

#17 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:32 PM

photo-107735.jpg?_r=1440598594

#18 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

it seems the agents sent by mr ragnarok CEO cant argue/justify my point of having to spend £800 to £1000 to play end game aaaaaaaahahahahaha  :p_devil:

#19 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:33 PM

Is this guy the new behemothjr?

#20 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

just saw >>>   Exp event starts on Thursday for Easter week  on the Ragnarok twitter page. Can someone please confirm the date exp event will end? As I hope to buyVIP for at least a month to make the most of it. I stopped leveling since the exp rate is so low normally so i really hope this event last at least 3 months :).

Since Terms of Service servers open in a few days, it will be a good incentive to keep our population playing. I can personally think of a million ways to keep this game alive and entertaining, from weekly exp boosts, social in game activities/gatherings/hunts and random reward events to paying people to form and become guild leaders/in game guides to entertainers.

The biggest thing that could change this game  and make it 1000% more fun is if you increased the gear/card drop rates (90% of the population walk around dressed like peasants) and make ALL monsters harder to kill even the weakest. Killing difficult monsters will encourage teamwork/parties in the deserted maps Midgard. People will be forced to form groups of tank/healer/killer and puller ect to over come and kill a poring!  > :( And when they succeed and the poring drops a piece of gear that is actually valuable and beneficial to your build making you stronger like [I don't understand this phrase] it will be gratifying.

Think Dark Souls difficulty with Diablo loot rewards. I have been playing since 2008 like most people, I have no idea what the story of Ragnarok is and why I must slaughter those innocent poor porings.  :( I skipped it all like most people because it wasn't that good to be honest from I did read. So the only reason other than exp to slaughter a poring is if it drops something amazing high risk high reward.

What do you think is more fun: killing grasshoppers for 3 hours like a bot for no reason other then to gain 0.001% exp and the chance of getting some stale mucus at a drop rate of 0.0000.1% [EDITOR'S NOTE: Percentages don't work that way.] (how mind numbing..this is the very mechanic of MMOs that will consume your soul :( its evil ), or killing grasshoppers dying 10/15 times finding a party gaining 1% to 5% exp and a violet of fear?

Lets be honest all those fancy gears and cards that cost billions will never be attained by 99.9% of the population most will give up reasons being too hard, too time consuming and the biggest reason of all COST REAL MONEY! [Excessive punctuation.]

after level 150 you have to pay real money to gain basic things to level > :( all those guides on how to make money are pretty useless as people have lives and can't grind day and night so becoming a billionaire is almost impossible for most and [one must] become a billionaire you must if you want to play end game.

Most people play MMORPGs to level and become strong get amazing gear become a badass... [Excessive ellipses.] being as to destroy the hardest MVP in the game after an hour battle.....and that is why many leave Ragnarok because they don't have the billionaire zeny gear REQUIRED TO EVEN STAND A CHANCE.

So in the end after playing for year almost everyday and looking back on the games history... the requests of the population and the updates added to the game, seeing all the obvious flaws and the obvious fixes....it it clear to me the CEO or who ever is in charge of the game  does not care...[More excessive ellipses.] for the population the game, its success, its level of enjoyment, and its future... the only thing they really care [about] is what LUCKY BOX they will create next month how much they will sell it for and how much money they will make... if the game dies tomorrow it doesn't matter as long as they have enough LUCKY BOXES to sell today... such a shame... a king is no king if he as no people to rule over. Don't listen to the words of the people Mr Ragnarok CEO ....we will simply leave and play another game like Terms of Service and then you will go broke with no one will be left to buy your lucky boxes any more  > :(.

I personally spend up to £50 a month buying ps4 games. I am fortunate but having spent a few hundred £ buying WPE and still not having my level 175 characters geared enough to play with out having to  SPEND MORE MONEY!!! [It] kinda makes me a little angry.. .especially since it seems like it was all a waste... since nothing will change... if I knew all this before I started spending real money I would have bought more ps4 games instead!!!   Look at the angry face Mr. Ragnarok CEO  > :(... This is the face of every player... [Source? Backup statements?] and this is where you need to start  :no1:  .,,......................................

D- see me after class.

Edited by Faolain, 24 March 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#21 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:57 PM

It does not take billions to be decent and be able to solo instances on a GX... you don't even need much supplies... just saying.
I have never understood, why people are asking for game to be easier. Have no one ever played World of Warmaking and did not see how, when it got easier after certain patches population decline drastically?

#22 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:09 PM

:p_err:  im not asking to make the game  easier. I was suggesting to make the game HARDER and make end game gears cheaper so its accessible to the masses.

I said i wanted dark souls diffulty with diablo loot system. It DOES take billions id like to see you post a video of a gx in iro solo doing ogh /face worm instance using only eden gear and no buffs that cost zenny or vip buffs. :p_devil:

#23 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:27 PM

Well... eden gear is overkill... but it is possible with mora gears and ghost palace wepons. Which both of those places can be soloed with pretty much anything.

Although i can see how you can 3-5 man ogh with eden gears... now i wish i had friends in game:)

A lot of things in this game can be obtained for free, just some effort.

Also, there is your investment machine, to kick start first couple hundred mils.

Certs business is shut now cuz of dupers so no more cheap +7s, but i started playing on this server about a year ago, and I would say getting end game gears is not as hard as it seems. Yes you can not expect to have one every day, but you can manage getting one piece of endgame gear at a time and going steady about it.

#24 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

rare item is a basic for every mmorpg, gear progression from low level to high end stuff is what make people want to play the game.

if you get those gear right away after creating character (easy loot = market flooded with them = cheap) , I can see people will get bored within a week

Edited by folkvangr, 24 March 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#25 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:49 PM

no mmo charges this much to play end game!!!!

RO doesn't actually charge anything to play end game. unless you want to pay for VIP. and you don't really even need to pay for that.

:p_err:  im not asking to make the game  easier. I was suggesting to make the game HARDER and make end game gears cheaper so its accessible to the masses.

how does making end game gears cheaper = harder?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users