Exp event/the secrets to making raganrok amazing - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Exp event/the secrets to making raganrok amazing

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

#26 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

saw the post but it was dem long...here's my free post count :heh:

#27 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

you've misunderstood, you should re-read my original post.

#28 BoyAtlas

BoyAtlas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:04 PM

its only 5%? I thought just having the tournament shield was 5% but adding the hunting spear was an additional 4%

#29 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:07 PM

So much money...and British pounds, no less....

Thanks for funding iRO, sir!  (This is not a sarcasm)

(Though you need to be more savvy when it comes to money :ani_swt: )

Honestly, when I read about how people complain of needing billions and how they translate into real life money (them saying they need to use real life money), it makes me think that they RMT.

Even if you use real currency to buy WPE, then KP, then items to sell... it is not that crazy of an expense.  The key is knowing what to buy and building your wealth little by little.

OP said he has a capped GX, that means he has decent gears (or did he leveled via Prize Medals?  :questionmark: )  He could run instances solo to fund his PvP gears and farm the MVP cards.

And seriously... since he can buy WPE he could just get the +0 gear, wait until a Groove Pack has certs in it, then wait for Enriched Hammer event and upgrade them himself, which would be cheaper in the long run.

#30 480131019225050943

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:13 PM

its only 5%? I thought just having the tournament shield was 5% but adding the hunting spear was an additional 4%

Wrong topic reply bro

#31 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

Yes 

Spoiler

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:04 AM.
Added spoiler tag.

#32 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

how does making end game gears cheaper = harder?

I had that same thought. If the game was gonna get extremely hard, then how can gears that come from an extremely hard to do thing in the game be sold cheaper? Rather wouldn't it mean it be more expensive since more effort was put to obtaining it?

#33 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:46 PM

Spoiler

nm3dAzN.gif

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:05 AM.
More spoiler tags.

#34 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:47 PM

First post copied for future use

#35 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Spoiler

I agree.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:05 AM.
Yes, we all agree to have more spoiler tags.

#36 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:02 PM

how about you edit it first into something coherent.

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:12 PM

First post copied for future use

Great replacement for Lorem ipsum.

#38 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

I had that same thought. If the game was gonna get extremely hard, then how can gears that come from an extremely hard to do thing in the game be sold cheaper? Rather wouldn't it mean it be more expensive since more effort was put to obtaining it?

Possibly he only thinks of the aspect of hunting down your own gear, without thinking on selling it.  On another post he came up with this 'jewel' (bolded for your comfort)

I work and could afford to spend a few hundred but what of the majority of the population> unemployed > students. I believe selling a full complete gear sets like all the gx gears mentioned above in one package for a price between £10 to £40 is not only fair/affordable and it could make alot of money for mr ragnarok CEO. Id rather everyone have the mvp cards and billion zenny gear, have fun killing high level mvp than no one having them and not being able to kill said mvp because of lack of them. This makes the game unbalanced and is the very reason pvp is dead......its not dead because people dnt like pvp ...its dead because fighting someone with 9+ fully enchanated gear while you only have underpants on head and a white vest is pointless..... 

Basically he came with the idea of selling gear sets in the cash shop. (For those who can't or won't decipher his posts, he says he needs  2 Bako Tattoos, a +9 FAW with Enchants, +9 Temp Boots enchanted, a +9 FWQL and MVP cards)

Is just a mishmash of different ideas clustered together:

1. Complains that  exp isn't enough to level past 150 without cashshop items.
  2. Suggest increasing the value of monster drops while increasing the difficulty of the game in order to promote party play.
  3. Complains most of the players in iRO are undergeared
  4. Complains how hard is had been to him to gear up his 175/60 GX (ultimate focus PvP)
  5. Declares PvP is dead because the dominant PvP'ers are dressed up in expensive gears and MvP cards so undergeared players cannot beat them (kinda logical, but he forgets some classes fare better at PvP than others)
  6. Suggests 'gear sets' be obtainable through cash shop (FAW, Temp Boots, FQL by the like of his post)
  7. Foretells the player will leave RO to play it's 'spiritual sucessor'and never come back. (C'mon..we all know some players will go test it and might even write some stupid quitting thread about it...but that game is not a true sequel of RO so anything will happen there, some might go, while others might stay and some others might play BOTH, duh...)

#39 aentunei

aentunei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 893 posts
  • LocationBikini Bottom Computer Center
  • Server:InternationalRedAlert6

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:14 PM

too long to read hehehe 

#40 5749140410070055953

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationQQ

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:16 PM

Title sounds like Donald Trump's presidential campaign slogan.

#41 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10858 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 05:39 PM

Didnt read the whole context yet but let me guess I am right about what I am thinking right now in my head ... :>

Thank you for supporting iRO. We need more people like you lmfao

#42 devaiah

devaiah

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1455 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Spoiler

k

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:06 AM.
K, here is your spoiler tag.

#43 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:14 PM

my eyes

#44 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:18 PM

Spoiler

We will build a wall....of text

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:11 AM.
Back to spoiler tags.

#45 Tabriki

Tabriki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

Spoiler

I smell memes.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:12 AM.
Do you smell spoiler tags?

#46 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:03 PM

im sure i would have more fun if i had mvp cards 2  :heh:  i was just tryna high light some concerns and potentials changes that might help revive the game...of all the mmos i have played this is my favourite...i dont wana see it die :(.

It being business sure i understand they need to make money, but having spent a few hundred £ buying wpe and still not being able to play because im under geared is a MAJOR issue. I would need to spend £800 to £1000 plus buying 2k wpe for £20 and selling for 150 milion zenny per 1k wpe to fully gear a gx with 2 bakawano tatoo, 9+ fully encanted faw, 9+ lucky day boots, 9+ fql shadow gears, mvp cards...and all the required buffs ect. Dont you agree this is too expensive?! no mmo charges this much to play end game!!!!

with that kind money i could buy a gtx 980 gpu and an occulus rift virtual reality head set and and spirtually/emotionally ascend to another dimension  :p_laugh:

I work and could afford to spend a few hundred but what of the majority of the population> unemployed > students. I believe selling a full complete gear sets like all the gx gears mentioned above in one package for a price between £10 to £40 is not only fair/affordable and it could make alot of money for mr ragnarok CEO. Id rather everyone have the mvp cards and billion zenny gear, have fun killing high level mvp than no one having them and not being able to kill said mvp because of lack of them. This makes the game unbalanced and is the very reason pvp is dead......its not dead because people dnt like pvp ...its dead because fighting someone with 9+ fully enchanated gear while you only have underpants on head and a white vest is pointless..... 

This is mostly blame to bots that inflated the economy and make zeny worthless. The bots were hardly banned because it forces real players like you to buy KP and gear up average stuff in the beginning, then grinding a bunch of instances 5-10m at a time for that 2-3B end game gears.

Most of the guides you read also post unrealistic gears that cost billions of zeny to setup. You just have to build your own gear set for your budget, then make a slave buffer to compensate what is loss. Like stringer to replace Kiel MVP card for example. That is the most economical way to go at it.

But I honestly think the way this game is meant to be played is not by solo, at least in classic anyways. Not all the characters are supposed to be super strong and independent like renewals. The point of the game is the make a lot of friends to form up a party to kill that one overpowered MVP. There are honestly not much else you can do once you grind your way to the top honestly, except for WoE maybe. I personally find it's more fun to have more friends with average gear to fight something than playing alone with godly gears.

Lastly you may be playing the wrong game as Ragnarok Online is well known for its hardcore, mindless, yet programmable grinding. If you don't want to grind 4 months for that 3B set you're desperate for, there are a lot of options out there. 

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 24 March 2016 - 11:20 PM.

#47 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:41 AM

Spoiler

Right.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 March 2016 - 03:12 AM.
It's not right, them spoilers.

#48 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:42 AM

wew posts got deleted XD

#49 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 March 2016 - 02:49 AM

Can you believe I read your post like this initially?

Possibly he only thinks of the aspect of hunting down your own gear, without thinking on selling it.  On another post he came up with this Phallus (bolded for your comfort)

And for a full 30 seconds I was wondering how you 'bolded' it for my comfort..................I think I seriously should go to sleep so I can have a more clearer mind.

#50 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 03:17 AM

Please refrain from unnecessary spam and "free post count" attempts. 2 Posts were removed due to excessive spam, majority of others were edited for neatness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users