• 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:26 PM

So current projects are;

• Experimentation with no god items/mvp card WoEs
  • Janeway new player quest line
  • WoE Themed Battleground

Projects for kRO

• Patcher Process Fix (They say they are looking into it!)
  • Updating Client/Server processes (and cheating fixes)

What else do you want to see done with the classic server? Are there certain instances or regions you would like to see visit the classic server for a short period of time? If so what? Is there something outside of these small categories you would like to see?

Please don't pass judgement on other user's requests instead just state your own interests. I want to see drama kept to the absolute minimum. If we I have to edit your post, even for a snide comment it will be a 1 day break from the forums.

I will be checking the post once per day.

#2 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2016 - 02:35 PM

I'd like to see more objective based quests in the Style of Okolnir (perhaps related to collecting prizes from WoE for activation) and further reaching goals for those who have attained their end-game status as of now. 

I would also like to see some of the new renewal instances visit us, such as the bio 4 quest, culverts, Malaya, hazy forest.

Some of the dungeons of renewal, Scaraba comes to mind. 

And also some tournaments and events. 

post for friend: A thread of reporting and fixing incorrect item scripts; such as Platinum Shield, Tooth Blade, Reflect Equipment. 

Edited by Rayea, 20 May 2016 - 03:01 PM.

#3 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:04 PM

latter post more compleate

Edited by lxst, 23 May 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#4 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:16 PM

The item scripts really need to be fixed imo, there are many things that are incorrect and as Rayea stated, I'd like to second especially the Reflect Equipment  and Plant Shield.

I haven't heard lxst's idea before but man did it bring back memories of old-school pre-trans clock tower adventures, I would love a reason to return to places like that (or even explore new zones as Rayea stated) for new content or quests or items, etc.

Personally, I'd like an ability to get bg blues (or otherwise get sp supply) without having to 10 client or spend 5 hours farming/potting but I honestly have no ideas as to how to get that to be a thing.

#5 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:34 PM

What else do you want to see done with the classic server? Are there certain instances or regions you would like to see visit the classic server for a short period of time? If so what? Is there something outside of these small categories you would like to see?

Literally anything. As long as it's completed to a certain standard. Anything you implement needs to be smoother, more balanced, better designed and more attractive to players than the current Challenge Dungeon. If you cannot do it, you shouldnt bother trying to tease the small number of players you have left.

A majority of the long term players here have completed most of their achievable goals and all that's left for them to do is farm supplies and show up to siege. People need a reason to log on during weeknights and if you can create fun content that they can do (solo or group) then the population will slowly pick back up.

I'm going to be honest and say that I dont think you can do it. Nothing over the last couple of years has really proved that you've got the manpower, knowledge or time to create the type of content Classic needs to keep players interested. I hope I'm wrong and I look forward to seeing what you've got going on. But the Classic track record speaks for itself.

Edited by Themes, 20 May 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#6 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:43 PM

Well said Themes. Seriously, well said. Classic's population has plummeted recently and the outlook is grim. I agree with everything you said. Some seriously well crafted content needs to be implemented to give this server a resurgence of activity/population I think it deserves.

#7 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:48 PM

• Nerf Green Ale. (Done!)
  • Find and kill the players who abused/exploited medals (Found someone?)
  • Better control of this kind of quest. (Next quests)
  • Remove Duppe Items. (Found someone?)
  • Fix Reflect in woe. Is not with reduction. (kRO response. Some answer?)
  • Put down 10 pts when break a castle. (Put this in Classic Plans too)
  • Remove Boots[1]-Manteau[1]-Chain Mail[1]-Saint´s Robe[1]-Silk Robe[1] from Tresure Castle. Is useless. Put something else in place: https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2442434 (Done!)
  • Remove HE GUM effect in Tresure Chest. (Put this in Classic Plans too)
  • A Website/Forum unique for classic: If you try to find the server in some search tool like Google, its has a great dificult to find information about the server. (Any prevision?)
  • Classic Divulgation: It does not have any divulgation as the Chaos . You have several people who do not like the mechanics of renewal and promotion will be something great because it will bring new players
  • Disable MVP Cards/God Items:  Impossible play against the another guilds with full of this. The same amount of players that out of the server is not the same as this coming . You have no one to recruit . Impossible to play against guild / players with years of server that are already well equipped. Yes, i approve disable. Any new player / guild that comes in classic , playing the first woe , and see the amount of MVP / God on the server, will give up first . See that it is impossible to have any kind of fun / advantage in a server full of it. (WoE Event June 2nd to June 30th)

Have a long time dont come this quests:

- King Poring Event: Link: http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=281

- 2014 Anniversary Quest returns: Link: https://forums.warpp...ry-quest-guide/

- Vintage Orc Helm (Thanksgiving Day Quest):  Link: http://www.playragna...ail.aspx?id=350 and https://forums.warpp...ay-quest-guide/and http://iroclassic.ne...nksgiving_quest

#8 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:52 PM

I also want to add, that it doesnt really matter what you do. You just need to prove to your players that you're committed to starting and finishing something. You wont ever get enough support from the community to work on a single project. Just pick something that you think appeals to the widest audience and would take you the least time to implement and polish. The more content you create the faster you will be able to create more. But it's very important that whatever you do next actually gets finished, no three month development time only to have it still get implemented broken, no several week turnaround between updates, no having it appear in patch notes with no noticeable changes.

You cannot really afford the usual turnaround of a few weeks of these threads while you crowd source ideas.

Edited by Themes, 20 May 2016 - 03:54 PM.

#9 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:53 PM

I think nightmare dungeons would be fantastic, +1 to lxst

#10 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:55 PM

• Disable MVP Cards/God Items:  Impossible play against the another guilds with full of this. The same amount of players that out of the server is not the same as this coming . You have no one to recruit . Impossible to play against guild / players with years of server that are already well equipped. Yes, i approve disable. Any new player / guild that comes in classic , playing the first woe , and see the amount of MVP / God on the server, will give up first . See that it is impossible to have any kind of fun / advantage in a server full of it. (WoE Event June 2nd to June 30th)

You realize that we've spent literally 2 years of devoted work actively telling them the method of creation is broken and should be fixed and they never listened. Official servers = Full Gods / MVPs. This is a staple of an official server, that an no wipes.

Also, shouldn't god item creation be disabled ruing this no god/mvp woe event?... seems counter-productive to have an event woe with rewards....

Edited by dzmL, 20 May 2016 - 03:55 PM.

#11 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:59 PM

You realize that we've spent literally 2 years of devoted work actively telling them the method of creation is broken and should be fixed and they never listened. Official servers = Full Gods / MVPs. This is a staple of an official server, that an no wipes.

Also, shouldn't god item creation be disabled ruing this no god/mvp woe event?... seems counter-productive to have an event woe with rewards....

Let's test dzmL, see WHAT will happen. In the current situation of the Classic, in my opinion, everything is valid.

#12 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:00 PM

Yup, lets -test- . Testing is fine, but there should be no long-lasting reward for that test.

#13 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

Yup, lets -test- . Testing is fine, but there should be no long-lasting reward for that test.

Are you saying to disable the creation of godlys this period? I think valid.

#14 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

That is exactly what I am suggesting.

#15 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:04 PM

That is exactly what I am suggesting.

I aprove!

#16 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:37 PM

Iro has done events prior to this with no gods or mvps before. it's nothing new to official servers.

#17 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:39 PM

Something new to do that will promote PVM again and also boost social interaction.  Maybe have something, a quest? or TI?, that will be equally rewarding to those who are established and those who are only starting.  Supplies rewards, perhaps?  Or something like the Jewelry Box quest but that will require partying?

More in-game events please!  But please make sure that it won't be exploitable so that what's fun will also be fair.  If it's possible to set a standard time limit for each event and make practical restrictions to avoid exploits like what happened to that elemental armor event we had.  Moreover, maybe events like Play with the GM or something.  I remember we had a guild chat before and we were having some crazy ideas like GMs using a low level character that we need to protect in an instance dungeon.  The party who reaches the farthest with GM protected would win some cool, exclusive prizes.

Other methods of getting cool headgears and slotted mids other than the cash shop, that can make use of loots we can get in-game.  It can motivate players to hunt and can also be advantageous to boosting the in-game economy as well.   

New BG set-up.  Since most of us get WoE supplies from BG, If it's possible for us to choose teammates would be great.  I think, this will be the quickest to implement.  But if there'll be time and manpower to invest, maybe some other format where players are of equal footing: same stats, hp, sp, no compensation from upgrades, etc. to make it fair for those who play support classes. (But this is too much, I know, given the scenario, but one can dream :D)

Also please have standard rules regarding event WoEs.  Imo, even if it falls in June (no holidays that require familial obligations), it should be treated like the other WoE events where there'll be no creation and NPCs in the realms are disabled. 

Others:

- Outside game events like raffles in Twitch. 

- Something like the spend kp event in renewal but should be designed for Classic - one that doesn't require us to transfer stuff from renewal to classic.

- Update in-game server announcements with the current spotlight and other useful information.

- Update the patch notes upon starting the client with timely information

- Own subsection in forums

- Unbiased forum moderation regardless of guild, user profile, and affiliations (....gender, race, sexual orientation.... lol).

#18 Nokia909

Nokia909

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:19 PM

First the most to me is

Triple or at least double the effort to eradicate bots in Loki, :p_ang:reports at bot patrol page keep piling and most of the bots still wondering the land freely.

and others,

make the turn in quest a chain -

example-200 kill done-move to other type monster-so this way-player wont stick to same monster again and again to level up.

OR

make the reward for turn in more fun?

exp?mehhhh :yawn: ...give us choice either exp or food stuff (honey?aloe?slim white pots?) :rice:  or free buff ?

OR

make a weekly quest

1 ENTRY PER ID ..decent reward example-elus?ori`s?

OR

Make the challange dungeon for low level player(50+ -?)

all i see the challage dungeon so far are for good equip,good cordinated high level player only.

the drops for CD for low level player can be pick later on.

OR

Make an npc that give endow element for free for low level player for limited time.

OR

spotlight theme can be change into spotlight element

example-June spotlight would be fire spotlight-selected monster with fire attributes will have its drop/exp boost and so on.

well only this is on my mind at this time...thanks for reading....

edited:::: :excl:

Edited by Nokia909, 21 May 2016 - 03:30 AM.

#19 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:13 PM

Iro has done events prior to this with no gods or mvps before. it's nothing new to official servers.

no one said anything about this event being new or unique.

#20 dzmL

dzmL

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Something new to do that will promote PVM again and also boost social interaction.  Maybe have something, a quest? or TI?, that will be equally rewarding to those who are established and those who are only starting.  Supplies rewards, perhaps?  Or something like the Jewelry Box quest but that will require partying?

More in-game events please!  But please make sure that it won't be exploitable so that what's fun will also be fair.  If it's possible to set a standard time limit for each event and make practical restrictions to avoid exploits like what happened to that elemental armor event we had.  Moreover, maybe events like Play with the GM or something.  I remember we had a guild chat before and we were having some crazy ideas like GMs using a low level character that we need to protect in an instance dungeon.  The party who reaches the farthest with GM protected would win some cool, exclusive prizes.

Other methods of getting cool headgears and slotted mids other than the cash shop, that can make use of loots we can get in-game.  It can motivate players to hunt and can also be advantageous to boosting the in-game economy as well.   

New BG set-up.  Since most of us get WoE supplies from BG, If it's possible for us to choose teammates would be great.  I think, this will be the quickest to implement.  But if there'll be time and manpower to invest, maybe some other format where players are of equal footing: same stats, hp, sp, no compensation from upgrades, etc. to make it fair for those who play support classes. (But this is too much, I know, given the scenario, but one can dream :D)

Also please have standard rules regarding event WoEs.  Imo, even if it falls in June (no holidays that require familial obligations), it should be treated like the other WoE events where there'll be no creation and NPCs in the realms are disabled. 

Others:

- Outside game events like raffles in Twitch. 

- Something like the spend kp event in renewal but should be designed for Classic - one that doesn't require us to transfer stuff from renewal to classic.

- Update in-game server announcements with the current spotlight and other useful information.

- Update the patch notes upon starting the client with timely information

- Own subsection in forums

- Unbiased forum moderation regardless of guild, user profile, and affiliations (....gender, race, sexual orientation.... lol).

Well said teresias!

#21 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:27 PM

will there be a chance for the no mvp woe event to be a perm thing if it goes well? 

i like the manuk and splendide maps but id like to see the mobs adjusted to be realistic to party level in

#22 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:32 PM

will there be a chance for the no mvp woe event to be a perm thing if it goes well? 

i like the manuk and splendide maps but id like to see the mobs adjusted to be realistic to party level in

I surely hope it exists if it goes well. However, to avoid high levels of panic/QQ and to honor iro history it would be best to have it as an addition "option" (i.e. third woe). Key words being option, so that those (including myself) who have worked tremendously hard to make god items or farm mvps can keep using them in the other WoE's. 

#23 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:33 PM

they could just seperate the zones in half making the less valued god item the no god area if people wouldnt mind or even rotate the zones every 2 months or so

Edited by needmorezleep, 20 May 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#24 Rayea

Rayea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 06:53 PM

I think it was said previously that the problem with a non godly and non MVP realm is that it's an extra arena for players who already have numbers and experience - so if they only way for them to earn those items or progress is through competing in areas that will attract established groups it will harm their growth (if I understand it correctly); meaning the best way forward is a third WoE or new goals for those who are resorting to fighting guilds without experience. 

#25 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 07:51 PM

A classic community forums please.  I would like to stop seeing all the petty classic drama pop up in renewal threads because x player didn't like y player prior to the renewal/classic community split.  I'd also like to see veteran players be punished consistently when they flame/troll other players.  I see so many people get away with a light slap on the wrist because they've been around for a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users