Classic Future Thread 5-20 - Page 3 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Future Thread 5-20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Sigh.

No drama was intended, we just felt like achiever players were being overrun by the current decision making, that's all.

I'll see myself out.

Edited by Xellie, 23 May 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#52 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

Xellie has a point there; there are numerous times I've seen, just throwing out a random example from noone in particular, people very viciously attacking WoE players for "ruining the game" despite the fact that many WoE players want to make things fun for PvE players too (so they have a reason to participate in that as well). Just in the last few weeks I've read achievement-oriented players be called trash and everything that's wrong with the game, among other, more degrading things. I see this often addressed toward those who have "more" and work for "more", which are the type of players Xellie is talking about: the people who see a goal and decide to go for it (which, again, circles back to most WoE players).

That's not to say some WoE players aren't the same way to PvE players, but I do think it's something that needs to be fairly addressed and circles back to the need for events and activities that foster communication and teamwork between different types of players, which the game at this time doesn't have and for years hasn't really been geared to address for as long as I can remember.

Though considering it's a feud that's as old as RO has existed, the solution may not be so cut and dry. As it is, the game currently lacks Something For Everyone with any modicum of lasting power which I think is part of what is causing players to lash out at each other.

Of course I mean no offense with anything I've written here, I'm just trying to look at the problem objectively and figure out the basis of it and some ways to repair it.

This isnt limited at all to PvP vs PvM. There's just groups of players on this server who resent(ed) anyone who doesnt enjoy the same things they do or chooses to play the game slightly differently. There's no reason why people shouldnt be able to play the game the way they enjoy the most, but on this server it's not as easy as you would think or like.

The power the community has in making important decisions is very scary, especially with the randomness of things that get read by the GM team. Persistent and vocal posters will get their ideas acknowledged or actioned far more often than casual or uncommon posters. So if you dont have someone to represent you, your guild or your ideas on the forums it's almost pointless to be playing. Because there's no way you're going to feel like you actually got heard or that any of your ideas will get read or considered. Nevermind changes getting made that actively punish the way you play or change how fun the game is for you.

Edited by Themes, 23 May 2016 - 03:07 PM.

#53 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:49 PM

Just for future reference and consideration, can I get a breakdown on exactly what in Xellie's initial post was drama so that everyone can take note and avoid a repeat of the incident? The issue still isn't crystal clear to me. Personally I want to avoid stepping on any toes so it'd be good to have a guideline.

#54 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

This apparently (in blue).

So why did I bring that up? It's hard not to take it personally when the community is allowed to attack and criticize you for playing the game and reaching for the goals that are set out before you. Then seemingly on a whim with no warning, the staff agree and try to drive you and your group out. Maybe that's not the case, but that's how it FEELS.
With that in mind, why would I want to work on the wiki/db? Nevermind the ongoing harassment which has been a point of contention between myself and the staff for a long time.

Which was a reference to this stuff:

Once upon a time I worked on ROclassic.net as a dedicated db for this server, but it's really hard to feel motivated when the whole server, including the staff now, it seems are only interested in punishing/driving your guild out for playing the game. Yes, guess what? I'm mad about the god items. Not so much MVPs, but WoE 1.0 God Items, in theory, should not be able to be duped and take extortionate amounts of effort to create.

I am aware there is a discrepancy in the distribution of god items. How could I not be? I created most of them and it was hell. A fun kind of rewarding hell, but not the kind of hell you forget. There are so many completed sets on this server and nothing is stopping people from making them other than ... not wanting to play. I am not trying to be rude here or anything, but from the view point of Valhalla, the god items and their creation were part of the game. The criteria to do it was laid out before us and we did it.

Now, I also get that sort of high end achievement is not the kind of gameplay everyone wants. The server (like all games) requires a variety of player types to feed eachother and motivate. Whilst I'm running around achieving the creation of god items, that motivates people with a pvp hard-on to come kill me and stop me. They motivate me to fight back. That creates desire to fight and reasons to KEEP fighting. Not everyone will or should fall into this achiever/killer category, but if you take away the purpose for achieving long term goals, then the server is going to become dependent on the killer players coming from their pservers at the same time and it's a vicious cycle.

And the fact that people constantly complain about too many god items ruining the server, and that blame transfers over to the creators/achiever type players (evidenced by the offering of a no god/mvp woe option).  So in other words it wasn't drama, people just can't read. (If you can read, try not reading people's posts in an angry voice. It helps.)

#55 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

Stat enchant npc:

-Add Sprint Mail

Janeway Ideas:

-Add mercenary training to the quest line (after armor quest)
-Directly incorporate the cursed armor into janeway
-possibly add pet training into the janeways (fix pets that dont give buffs)

post janeway ideas:

-New T.I. update; add locations without accesses quests and add them to the warper, also add a few locations that do require accesses quests. for the latter, increses the rewards and do not add warps directly there.
offer alternate rewards for players that dont want exp. for existing and new t.i.'s

reward system ideas:

-rewards from poring wars such as wild rose, doppleganger, and egnigem ceina mercenarys and the novice, swordsman, acolite, mage, archer, thief, and merchant figures.
-the still absent new world gear pcs
-Shaman ring / Shaman earrings / Shaman hair decoration (these could be reworked to blank gear that you can random enchant stats to). like almost any of the new renewal gear systems. if kept reasonable it would give new toons a goal before all the reborn woe gear, ect.
-gsb (i still think newbs need a way of trying to supply up there new guild for a first woe. and we know its already in the server so this would be the "easy button" fix)

challenge dungeon

-before we go making a bunch of proposals for new stuff we should polish the C.D.
-new music (im sure that anything is better than the log in music)
-can we try porting the mob data over to something with a diff sprite?
-can we experiment with another map? like try a field map and add in a easy trash mob for between targets?
-or an alternate look pront? you could add an npc bit explaining how your stopping the evil bleeding into our world or something.
-whatever is done it needs some FLAVOR. we got all the vitamins and minerals in the tofu, but it needs sauce so dad will eat it, lol. but really flavor is as important as game rewards or mechanics. and is what makes ragnarok so addictive and immersive to weirdo people like us.

nightmare version dungeons:

-classic versions of "nightmare" instances would be a good way to expand things a bit. (i realize creating each of these zones would take time) imagine each month a "nightmare zone" opens in front of an existing area. and by entering it your faced with a high lvl version of a classic experience. for instance, i rlly like the clock tower. always have. the music, the feeling of getting lost. animated clocks and stuff.... just great. but if i had a reason to go there once in a while to do something challenging it would be better. the big problem is we would need a few of these and possibly our current challenge zone to all be on a rotation. and rlly , if i understand correctly , it would be writing over assets every time it switched because of the client/server limitations. either way we have the rest of the new world gear and some ideas of custom item effects for a few unused gears to work with as far as rewards. if we buckle down and work on it we could have a stable way of introducing end tier content FINISHED in the next year or two. and we could do even more if we are willing to make large, but temporary, changes to existing maps an mobs in game. 

Events, Events, Events:

in conjunction with this we should increase the frequency of events from ro's past recurring in classic. we dont get new content here, so we neeeed some old content love. i understand why you cant increase the number of events per year in renewal. because in between events they get updates. but we dont so we should be killing an mvp in pront field, or making some ridiculous headgear. just thoughts. 

Final ideas:(or, if the server is really going out)

-kvm gear / the real new world

Edited by lxst, 23 May 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#56 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:24 AM

Do the community managers honestly believe that they can rejuvenate classic? I'm sorry but it really seems impossible at this point. I don't mind being called the most negative person in this thread and I'm really sorry if this isn't want you want to hear but classic is really going down especially with the release of that other game (not sure about this but classic's numbers have gone way down since its release).

IF WarpPortal does launch a new pre-renewal server I'd like to see a lot more of:

• aggressive advertising for the server. I don't understand how pservers are blowing you out of the water when it comes to advertising
  • getting the entire community involved - not everyone visits the forums so find a way to reach out to the entire playerbase and not just the forum users! you have facebook, twitter, etc.. utilize those.
  • WoE events like what other official servers had back in the day
  • weekly events (not the automated NPC ones, but the ones with GM interaction - it really makes a huge difference)

...and much less or none of:

• renewal gear in lucky boxes
  • turn-ins with insane exp rewards
  • janeway lol
  • CMs giving in to just about every forum user's request - plz put this item in the next lucky box, plz change the spawns in map ___,  smh.. listening to suggestions is good but you have to properly assess the pros and cons before implementing things! Yes I know the staff are not very knowledgeable about the game but that's something they really need to work on

Edited by 1756492860, 24 May 2016 - 07:29 AM.

#57 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

well user #

it seems you wanted to create your own thread. the subject of this thread was improvements to the existing classic server. i do understand and even agree with your view, however it isnt lending itself to improve what we do have. i would like a more classic version of classic with better gm involvement , projects that get finished, a healthy dislike for anything renewal, ect.

users who dont even play anymore harping about how dead the server is, ect. only serves to further the thought process of a dead server. 

the server is not dead. and until the gms remove my toon and take down the log in server... at least to me... it wont die.

so, what im saying is this thread is for those of us who still care. keep it positive, keep it inventive, this discussion NEEDS to happen. 

this is our world...... if you left already then im sorry but go somewhere with your negativity. i already have to read and accept the opinions of enough negative ppl who actually play this server and therefor deserve to have there opinion heard.

#58 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

also in the classic suggestions thread there are a million and one GREAT ideas. just off the top of the list here's bio4 thread by Themes https://forums.warpp.../194107-c-bio4/

@campitor if you would like i could spend a few hours this week going thru the fourms and compiling the best of the best in suggestions. but the fact is there all there. not to pick faves but Themes alone has come up with enough content ideas to update us for years. and if someone were to catalog all the user input that was at least half structured we could write a book on ro servers/content. so what is it exactly you need from us? i care, and ill do whatever needs to be done, im just thinking its prolly been done already. lets find it.

#59 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:43 PM

Producer Speak Enabled

We still believe in the classic project, and we will be investing more time and resources into the server. On Warpportals side we are planning on spending more man hours doing the following.

• Starting in June; Creation of new monthly rotating PvE content 

Spoiler

• More new events for both the classic and renewal servers.
  • Experimenting with revamping the pvp scene and the possible introduction of a WoE TE scenario to the classic server.

We recently have received a new contact with the studio and he is very interested in addressing systematic issues with the Ragnarok Service including the following topics.

• No Delay Cheating
  • Auto Pot Cheating
  • Item duplication

We firmly believe that if these are addressed as well as receiving updates to the server and client so that permanent content additions could be made will greatly brighten future of the classic server.

Producer Speak Disabled
Its going to be tough, but the new assistant producer Ozzalia has been of great help in taking over some day to day tasks which leaves a lot more free time to work on these projects. .

In regards to the kRO requests we absolutely must address those issues on our servers as ultimately they are the cause of most of the service's problems. But the production team cannot focus on those in a manner of seeking to punish. We have to focus on them seeking to prevent them from occurring.

#60 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

I suggest you decide what types of player the server and its content is designed for.

If it's suddenly going  to change and isn't suitable for my type of player, I'd like to know so I can just leave and stop helping. Thanks.

#61 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:03 PM

I suggest you decide what types of player the server and its content is designed for.

If it's suddenly going to change and isn't suitable for my type of player, I'd like to know so I can just leave and stop helping. Thanks.

The testing that is going on with the WOE 2 system has no chance of becoming permanent with Woe 2. Instead it is laying the groundwork for the mentioned Woe te/third woe system. Unfortunately as the server exe is written there can only be two woe times that function off the agit table. Instead we will need to fake all the same castle functions via scripts including portals, wrapping everyone off the map, the emperium. Etc.

We want to test the enjoyability of the settings before investing that scripting time.

#62 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:47 PM

Campitor,

I send a PM. Look please.

About:

• No Delay Cheating
  • Auto Pot Cheating
  • Item duplication

Will be great have a solution about this. I have hope.

Edit:

• Experimenting with revamping the pvp scene and the possible introduction of a WoE TE scenario to the classic server.

Will not be interesting create another time for this WoE. We have several players from various countries and have a Siege midweek, I believe it would be harmful.

I really dont know how this can work. Maybe replace Saturday WoE for a TE?

Edited by Xandyzor, 24 May 2016 - 05:57 PM.

#63 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

Campitor,

I send a PM. Look please.

About:

• No Delay Cheating
  • Auto Pot Cheating
  • Item duplication

Will be great have a solution about this. I have hope.

The last PM I have from you is 4/1/2016?

Ahh never mind you just sentt it right now.

#64 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:25 PM

i would like a more classic version of classic with better gm involvement , projects that get finished, a healthy dislike for anything renewal, ect.

I do, too. I just think it's a little too late given everything that had already happened.

users who dont even play anymore harping about how dead the server is, ect. only serves to further the thought process of a dead server.

the server is not dead. and until the gms remove my toon and take down the log in server... at least to me... it wont die.

so, what im saying is this thread is for those of us who still care. keep it positive, keep it inventive, this discussion NEEDS to happen. 

this is our world...... if you left already then im sorry but go somewhere with your negativity. i already have to read and accept the opinions of enough negative ppl who actually play this server and therefor deserve to have there opinion heard.

Like I said in one of my previous posts, I and a lot of other people want to play on a good pre-renewal server. It's just we'd rather not spend valuable time and money on a server so unpredictable and volatile.

If you want a healthy server, you'd need more people to play on it. And guess what, those people = us. Those who quit but would still love to play pre-renewal (just not on a mess of a server like the current classic). You also have newbies who were turned off by all the past issues. I could go on and fill this page with reasons why a server reset would be beneficial for all, but clearly I'm not entitled to an opinion because I already left classic. If this thread is only for classic's 300+ users that include bots and alts, then fine. Good luck getting new people on the server because you sure as hell won't be getting former players back. Btw I'm talking about the former players who'd love to spend hours and hours per day + $$$$ on the game, not pserver hoppers who show up no more than 4 hours a week. :)

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:45 PM

@1756492860

So, I don't think your opinion should be discounted because you don't play. But I don't agree that looking at a wipe / destroying it for those who continued to play is the right or fair way to go about it either.

Rather, think about it like this:

• Even if they reset/wiped the server right now, the same issues re: duping would occur. (until kRO prevents it - and no, weekly wipes/checks aren't feasible due to manhours)
  • The items that were poorly thought out and put in via kafra shop would (I hope) still be available through other methods, which the server can and SHOULD transition to.
  • God Items would have happened sooner or later down the line. In Classic's case they happened sooner. I still think it was bad but, it would have happened eventually anyway.
  • Turn ins, thors... its all the same. But turn ins have parties. Thors is solo. I know which I prefer.

With those thing in mind, what else are the problems and how would you address them, new server or old? A new server is irrelevant without those things being addressed. Whatever server is made will eventually face these problems again.

So try to think of Classic as an artificially matured server. What can be done to make it appealing for the long term, without robbing it of it's official server permanence and appeal of being actually ragnarok?

Edited by Xellie, 24 May 2016 - 07:48 PM.

#66 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:52 PM

Even if they reset/wiped the server right now, the same issues re: duping would occur. (until kRO prevents it - and no, weekly wipes/checks aren't feasible due to manhours)

This is something they have to figure out themselves. They're the ones who have direct contact with kRO. As players all we can do is report and hope the staff take action. In any case duping is a very serious issue, new server or not.

God Items would have happened sooner or later down the line. In Classic's case they happened sooner. I still think it was bad but, it would have happened eventually anyway.

I personally don't mind god items etc. They're part of the game and I think the people b*tching about these items would be much better off if they learned how to play against god item users instead. God item dupes on the other hand are a different matter of course.

Turn ins, thors... its all the same. But turn ins have parties. Thors is solo. I know which I prefer.

Rewarding party play is good, but...

1 party standing in one spot.
Half of the party are alts of the pullers.
Party kills mobs brought by the pullers.

I don't consider that party play at all. There's virtually no risk so why should such a method yield insane amounts of exp?

With those thing in mind, what else are the problems and how would you address them, new server or old? A new server is irrelevant without those things being addressed. Whatever server is made will eventually face these problems again.

Honestly, the biggest problem is and always has been the community. I've said this countless times when I was still playing on the server. I don't know how BGs are now but several years ago we had people just farming BGs with alts instead of actually playing it. I'm a huge pvp guy so maybe I think of it differently but it certainly wasn't fun playing with people who brought several of their naked lvl 80 chars to farm BGs. I could list more examples but I think one is enough to get my point across.

So try to think of Classic as an artificially matured server. What can be done to make it appealing for the long term, without robbing it of it's official server permanence and appeal of being actually ragnarok?

In my other post I mentioned WoE events. I played other official servers in the past and we had an annual WoE event that lasted about 2-3 months? Basically there's a point system and whichever guild has the most points by the end of the season wins the event. I could go into more detail if the community is interested.

My point still stands though.. classic's image is so tainted now and there's no magic cure that would undo what we've experienced as former players. Even if someone tells me "hey classic has this cool new feature, you should check it out!" I honestly don't think I'd bother. Not sure if all the other former players share my sentiment but I'm pretty sure some of them do.

Edited by 1756492860, 24 May 2016 - 09:28 PM.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:03 PM

I agree with all your points almost wholeheartedly actually (especially bg and pvp) but I think the cure for pvp stuff is events.

Same with the old WoE points events. Though they take time and manpower to run and track.... I miss them.

I don't believe a new server would restore broken faith in warpportal as a company. I think they are going to have to push classic as is, or they're going to lose long term players at the cost of gaining some short term ones who may lose interest / be dissatisfied with the server direction later on.

You are a former player and you know that most of these things have been undone. The server age is just accelerated at this point.... work with it from here? More positive voices help a lot, every voice saying "dead server! wipe!" just hurts any attempt to fix it. If we could all put that aside for a while and be positive, I think it would make a huge difference.

#68 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

no point in a new server tbh unless kro makes major modifications to the software to allow major changes like all of these are a major problem if the server resets soon or later....

limited item sprites

possible limited amounts of maps

limited monsters

limited mapflags

limited woe times

no function to refresh the screen

no way to make proper costumes

no way to make skills allow different trigger items ( bg, pvp styled items )

limited instances (?)

no way to change skills in certain maps ( 50% power increase/decrease, duration increase/drease)

if they don't fix at least half of those the problems will creep back up in a year or so and we'll all be complaining and bored again

#69 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:34 PM

Wipe the server and keep the same problems, will not resolve anything.

Fix the problems and maybe (yes, maybe. Need see this very careful) reset.

#70 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:00 AM

Wipe the server and keep the same problems, will not resolve anything.

Fix the problems and maybe (yes, maybe. Need see this very careful) reset.

Of course. No point in resetting the server if we'll have the same exact problems that plague the current classic server. Staff should review what went wrong, make sure preventative measures are in place, then reset.

To the staff: if reset really isn't an option (for now?) then you guys should focus on attracting more long-term players to the server more than anything else. I know it's obvious but just in case you didn't know... keeping your current playerbase happy isn't enough. Classic has 300ish daily users, how many of those are bots/alts we do not know. You gotta keep your current players happy AND you also need to find a way to boost the population not just temporarily but permanently. This means you don't want players who will try the server for a week and leave. You want players willing to invest time+money on the server and stay for at least a year, maybe more. Don't ask me how to achieve this because I have no answer for you. If I did then I would've already said it so I can get myself back into the game, lol.

Edited by 1756492860, 25 May 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:00 AM

Of course. No point in resetting the server if we'll have the same exact problems that plague the current classic server. Staff should review what went wrong, make sure preventative measures are in place, then reset.

To the staff: if reset really isn't an option (for now?) then you guys should focus on attracting more long-term players to the server more than anything else. I know it's obvious but just in case you didn't know... keeping your current playerbase happy isn't enough. Classic has 300ish daily users, how many of those are bots/alts we do not know. You gotta keep your current players happy AND you also need to find a way to boost the population not just temporarily but permanently. This means you don't want players who will try the server for a week and leave. You want players willing to invest time+money on the server and stay for at least a year, maybe more. Don't ask me how to achieve this because I have no answer for you. If I did then I would've already said it so I can get myself back into the game, lol.

yes!

#72 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:11 AM

I know how keep players in game:

- Fix Item Duplication before that No Delay and Auto Pot.

Priority is Item Duplication. Because of this many gave up the server. Impossible compete with who benefits with it.

- % Drop Items.

How much more difficult ,more challenging it gets. Put a % drop very high ,the players will only play WoE because all the items he needed, have already been achieved. Make more challenger!!

But will works only with a reset server.

- More Events.

Every month or every 2 weeks, put new events in server. Make something more challenger, no only items as a reward. Put Experience, Temporary buffs, Temporary Instance and others.

- God Seals.

Eliminate Seal Power 2. Put God Creation more dificult.

- Review KP Items.

Have some stuffs is very powerfull. Review this will make a big diference.

- Economy Castle.

When a castle is broken, lose 10 pts instead 5 pts. Make this more challenger!!

- WoE TE.

We have 2 woe per week. Put one with TE and another normal. I am sure this will bring a LOT OF PLAYERS who love WoE without Tranclass. Mainly a Oficial Server.

- A Website/Forum unique for classic.

If you try to find the server in some search tool like Google, its has a great dificult to find information about the server.

- Classic Divulgation.

It does not have any divulgation as the Chaos . You have several people who do not like the mechanics of renewal and promotion will be something great because it will bring new players.

Edited by Xandyzor, 25 May 2016 - 05:14 AM.

#73 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:18 AM

Many people don't want a reset due to a sunk cost fallacy, and I understand that - Even though resetting the server, or just adding a new one (even a new renewal server) would bring in lots of new and old players (Money).

I check my pipvpspy almost daily and hardly ever see anyone in Classic pvp and when I do it is only like 2/3 players (this could just have to do with the times that I check the site). That and all the duping gives me no incentive to log on and play.

A new server wont solve all the problems Classic has but it would solve the problem of a low player base. It would also enable god item changes and mvp card changes to be fair as no one will have the items at the start. Do you really think making changes to the current server will allow the player base to gain more then just a few handfuls of new players?

#74 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:33 AM

Do you really think making changes to the current server will allow the player base to gain more then just a few handfuls of new players?

I agree with you. I don't think classic will ever be restored to the state that it was in the past. However, even if it's a losing battle count me in to fight. If the changes being back a few handful of players... Some more changes might bring in a few more players... A few more changes might bring in a couple more. Continue this and offer something for the playerbase of this server (and old players) to get hyped about and we might be able to have a decent server for a bit.

I know it's very optimistic, but no point in being negative. Trust me, my personal opinion is wipe, fix mistakes, get updates from kro (user interface, ect) and relaunch. For now that's not an option and just have to do the best we can.

I do think if the staff step up their game and the community continues to offer as much support as they can, we can improve the server. It won't be perfect, but improved.

I am at work on my phone but somebody earlier mentioned something about the name of the server. IMHO, first course of action would be renaming it. It isn't classic RO. It is its own unique pre-renewal iro server. It can't be compared to a full "Classic" server since times have changed and the target marketing audience has grown up. I would rename it to remove the possibility of creating false expectations on what the server is.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

I know when I last shouted for PVP I got it to 30+ at random. There's hope.

... plz don't kill me. Or do. I think that's the point.

Anyway even a wipe won't make pvp active again. Maybe for a few days/weeks then it'll taper off. That's why we need active event runners/volunteers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users