Classic Future Thread 5-20 - Page 4 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Future Thread 5-20

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
123 replies to this topic

#76 Delitus

Delitus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 May 2016 - 08:26 AM

Classic needs more publicity. Ads, word of mouth, or anything really that would help in bringing the existence of Classic to people's attention.

However...

Before that can be done, Classic needs to have its important outstanding issues fixed, as well as receive a technical upgrade. Having a client with feature-parity with Renewal would be a good start (which also, from my experience, works a lot better out of the box in Windows 10). There is only one opportunity to make a good first impression, and a new player having to jump through hoops and hurdles just to make the game start up will likely kill off any initial interest they had in checking out the game.

I am glad to hear that some of the more severe bugs/exploits are being looked into, and hopefully, resolved soon. At this stage, I think Classic's success/survival largely hinges on how quickly these issues can be resolved. As already mentioned by others in this thread, there is no point in even contemplating more drastic actions like wipes before the existing holes are plugged.

#77 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 May 2016 - 09:18 AM

I actually really like your philosophy. It makes a lot of sense.

Fix issues and then push to advertise (through multiple means). There are more issues then simply adjusting a few in game scripts (although these need to be done). I would personally lump the renewal client update and a lot of fixes together. Call it a "balance patch" and make a big deal out of it, because it is a big deal. Then use that to push for advertising. Almost like a "relaunch" of classic. Bonus points for staff if they rename the server durring the "relaunch".

#78 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:41 AM

Looks like we're sitting on our hands until then! I can preach the effectiveness of word of mouth for Classic, even in its current state it can attract / retain players - HOWEVER; it's remarkably stressful and unfair on the current player base because they have to go above and beyond to retain those people. It's entirely dependent on the community they join.

Working on material for such a date tho could be done hmm?

Spoiler

Edited by Xellie, 25 May 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#79 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:18 PM

Even if no wipes are done, I will also echo the sentiment that a fresh start is necessary. Classic's image and name is currently so tainted most people will never consider playing. With all the crap that's gone on in classic, you have very little hope in attracting long-term players. As people have already indicated, those are the players you need playing.

I work as a game designer myself. Our player numbers always peak when we have a reset. People love starting over on a fresh slate. You need to figure out the problems that let classic to this state, but you can certainly start with "no HE gum on castle treasure" to keep god items under control. If you go into classic's history, you'll see a million mistakes that will be easy to not repeat. Should I mention the account bound Sunglasses[1], the account bound Valk Armors and the Parade Hat that made Satan Morroc worthless? I could go on and make a huge list of mistakes that can easily not be repeated, and do not require kRO help.

Of course, I don't play either, so perhaps my opinion is worthless. I'm certainly a player who considers classic incredibly tainted because I was there when all the stuff that people don't talk about happened. I was there when the iRO staff tried to brush the problems under a rug for over a year and refused to acknowledge them. I was there when PMs were sent to the staff talking about duping and got ignored consistently. Perhaps this is your opportunity to fix those mishaps.

EDIT: I'm waiting on my build to go through, so I have a little time to expand. Let's talk about player behaviour. Players like a fresh start because of the illusion it provides them. Even if the same group of people will end up with the same wealth and accumulation of gear and currency, players have the illusion of being "on the same level". Even if they really are not. Let me provide an example.

Allow me to use an example from Magic. When you place a creature on the stack and your opponent Counterspells it, you feel bad. When you play and resolve a creature, and it then gets Doom Bladed, you also feel bad, but in this case you feel like you did something. Despite the end result being the same, despite the same mana and cards being used, the second scenario gave you the illusion that you could do something. If you read what Mark Rosewater (lead designer of MTG) has written on the topic, you would know that people prefer playing against Doom Blade than Counterspell by a huge margin.

When you provide a fresh start, players FEEL they have a chance to be at the top. Even if this will not happen, and the same group ends up at the top again, players will be given the opportunity to try.

Classic in it's current state does not provide the illusion of competing. There is no point to WoE. I am not a WoE player at all. WoEs are just about e-peen measuring. You need a long term goal for WoEs to be impactful. In classic's current state, this is impossible.

Here are some mistakes I remember from Classic that do not require kRO to fix. I think the scapegoat of kRO has gone on long enough.

- Account bound Sunglasses that were only obtainable at a 10% chance after spending X (100?) amount of USD. These were the only slotted mids in the game at the time. Because screw competition, right?

- Account bound Well-Chewed Pencil and other lower headgears that were cash shop exclusive.

- Account bound Valk Armor and Morph Set (because Morph set is so gamebreaking and difficult to get)

- Releasing bubble gum and allowing it to work on castle treasure, do you know how easy it was to complete a god set? Compare it to old iRO and see the difference.

- Delaying WoE for 3 months after the server opened due to map server crashes, which burned a lot of people out even before the server began.

- Releasing Parade Hat and making the metagame turn into Stun immunity as soon as Valk Randgris was out. Heimdallr famously asked me "don't you need VIT to be stun immune?" 3 years later.

I'm sure other players can add onto this list. There are a million things that you cannot blame kRO for. These issues are from WP itself. Now, I do not claim to know their finances, but people dislike Pay-to-win games. There are a million F2P games out there that you cannot get away with the same crap that you once did. A fair environment is what people want. When private servers can provide a "fairer" environment than officials, it's truly disgusting. Fix your monetization plan for Classic. Classic attracts veteran gamers who have very little time for pay-to-win shenanigans. Know your target audience and plan for them.

Edited by Hrishi, 25 May 2016 - 02:01 PM.

#80 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

Releasing bubble gum and allowing it to work on castle treasure, do you know how easy it was to complete a god set? Compare it to old iRO and see the difference.

Three years vs 2 months ^.~
The solution always has been to remove castle drops from monsters (boxes) and replace them with rewards direct from an NPC and scale it with economy accordingly to make defending rewarding.

Except the WPS meg took 3 months to complete, I can't explain that, but some guilds on classic only required a week in each castle.

re: Goals in WoE. They can be made, artificially or otherwise. Reset or no tho, it'll be an issue again, so either you're suggesting to fundamentally change ragnarok from the long term RPG aspect that it has, or there needs to be a solution that involved extra resettable goals.

#81 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 02:13 PM

re: Goals in WoE. They can be made, artificially or otherwise. Reset or no tho, it'll be an issue again, so either you're suggesting to fundamentally change ragnarok from the long term RPG aspect that it has, or there needs to be a solution that involved extra resettable goals.

Not necessarily. Yes, in theory you can have artificial goals that you can have in WoE. The problem stems from the issue that artificial goals tend to be hit or miss for players to engage in. For example, being the "best GvG guild" is an artificial goal. It's not something a lot of players care about.

I don't know if I want to fundamentally change ragnarok, it's too late for that. However, I strongly believe that making treasure drops what they were intended to be in terms of rarity would go a long way in keeping RO the long term RPG it was meant to be. It's too late to do this for classic in it's current state. If a Meg actually took many months to many years of dedication to make, you have a long term goal right there without changing anything other than keeping the game the way it was designed before the P2W crap came in.

Even if the staff want to make the claim that changing castle treasure into an NPC is too difficult, an easy solution is to simply not HAVE bubble gum in the new server. Have I mentioned how much I hate bubble gum? It's one of the most blatant forms of selling power that WP has. It changes player behaviour to constantly worry about keeping characters under the effects of gum logged out (as a guild leader, you probably know this well). How does this lead to any form of positivity? All I feel when under the effects of gum is stress - "I need to make the most of these 30 minutes", rather than relaxing and enjoying a game.

Edited by Hrishi, 25 May 2016 - 02:14 PM.

#82 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 May 2016 - 03:14 PM

My biggest gripe with the guildleader-gum stress is the VIP upkeep (aka pay to win/compete/stay equal)

I've never been worried about it in PVM, I hop from goal to goal and always have a use for it. I generally don't care if it expires, there's so much of it on the server. But you know, I have 2 accounts full of maxed out zeny, etc. I'm probably not qualified to talk about that.

When I talk about artificial goals, I mean ones created by the staff, not gvgs... gvg's are... meh. They aren't a goal they are part of the process.

Another way to look at it to "fix" the situation is to require a long process after getting the god parts..... that way you're moving it slightly out of the area of making the strongest stronger and more attainable in other ways to catch up so to speak. Yeah, seals. They're not the best way but it's kind of the idea.

Edited by Xellie, 25 May 2016 - 03:15 PM.

#83 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:57 AM

I still think it is very irresponsible of these gods to keep making new items when they lose them.

I think it would make woe much more meaningful if god items were unique (or limited by a number, a low number) and you would need to stop others from making new items in order to not have your item removed. For example, in order to stop another guild from making the same item as you (and in turn getting your item removed), you would need to keep holding the castles that drop the items for the creation.

Cant happen on the server now as people would cry about losing their god items, but it would be neat for a future more successful server.

#84 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

Make a new server.  Give it a finite lifespan, like 4 months.  Then wipe it as scheduled.  Allow players to freely transfer over characters and items onto the new server.  If they want to start off with megs and know that they'll last at most 4 months before it gets wiped then more power to them.  Obviously verify the legitimacy of any mvp/god items they bring over with each transfer. Have some sort of stat tracking on guild progresses, points for the amount of castle breaks they have based on the amount of econ it destroys, and half points for castles held each week.  Castles that are held for multiple weeks in a row will gain bonus points.  Guilds can then redeem points for whatever community decides on as rewards.  Points can be anything from like cute hats, to even something as simple as a loading screen picture of their choosing(within reason of course).

Don't compensate for the shorter lifespan with higher drop rates either.  If the player wants immediate power to compete or dominate then they need to destroy their assets.  That means no bubble gum, but do give players more quality of life/comfort changes.  Non mvp/mini cards to be bumped up to like 0.05% drop rates, non mvp gears to be bumped up to like 0.5%.  I'd even say a pre-renewal oriented bounty boards and more "gramps" oriented quest hub that'll teleport players to the respective maps that contain increased spawns that the community picks for the week.  Have bounty boards/gramps give out woe/pvm supplies and it'll give players a massive incentive to continue leveling/partying.

This would siphon out some of the toxic amount of resources piled up on classic while giving players some repetitive goal to keep themselves busy with.  As is right now, classic server is pointless to play on.  The only way to make classic "fun" again would be to do a wipe after fixing all the mistakes.  Make players willingly destroy items from the classic server is the only "fair" way to do a soft wipe.

#85 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 May 2016 - 09:24 AM

I think 4 months is a bit too short. The idea of a ladder system (thinking Diablo 2) is interesting. 1 year cycle of a server before it gets merged into the main server. The ladder server would offer a ton of competition while the main server would highlight the longevity of iro. Unfortunately I doubt that it could be successful even if population doubled or tripled.

#86 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:00 PM

I've played iRO on and off for 10+ years and I just started another "on" session after about a year off. A few things I've noticed as a "new" classic player.

1.  Best leveling practices are still a mystery for new players.

A. I searched all over teh interwebz to find where the best place to level a hunter is...I still don't know.

B. Asking veteran players and they say " Party in ID/AL3/BIO/Thors". My problem with this is "I WANT TO LEVEL MY HUNTER" not play a mobber/priest/strings and leech my hunter. I  enjoy leveling (it's the reason I keep coming back) but it's tough when the only spots to level seem like they require a lot of set-up/gear/knowledge considering these are the three things new players lack.

C. Full circle, I wish there were more solo leveling spots for non-WoE style characters (GC Pally, agi smith, agi monk, etc etc) and I wish there was more information available about leveling spots, which brings me to #2.

2. These forums are not helpful for new players trying to find their way in iRO classic. Look at the how many sub-forums I had to get to to post here. WP>RO1>RO1 Comm Chat>Loki Classic Patch>Classic Foundry> Thread. Classic should have it's own forums and veteran players should post more in there to provide information for new players. You'd be surprised how far a simple "Hunter leveling guide" post by a vet goes to helping newbies. Knowing leveling spots/gear/skill builds helps SO much and makes the game more enjoyable.

These are my gripes. I guess just the overall lack of information / difficulty finding it hurts this game imo. The lack of soloable leveling spots make the game un-fun for the casual player who doesn't have hours to dedicate to setting up leveling parties.

#87 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 31 May 2016 - 02:57 PM

I've played iRO on and off for 10+ years and I just started another "on" session after about a year off. A few things I've noticed as a "new" classic player.

1.  Best leveling practices are still a mystery for new players.

A. I searched all over teh interwebz to find where the best place to level a hunter is...I still don't know.

Hill Winds with a boned earth bow and a hunting cap will get you to 99 on your hunter in a week or so with vip. You don't need much gear other than that to succeed there. You could also make a +10 composite bow[4] and put in 2 skel worker cards and 2 mandragora cards, both pretty easy and straightforward to hunt and this will be more than enough to one-shot Hill Winds with double strafe and earth arrows (hunt sleepers for some great natures, they drop like 50% of the time). Pretty good for trans too, but you might wanna use manuals. You don't need much supplies but I'd suggest bringing some SP items and some healing items (fresh fish works well). 

You can get away with a normal hunter bow probably if you don't mind 2-shotting the Hill Winds.

Edited by Faolain, 31 May 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#88 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:36 PM

Thank you! Any places to level as a sniper? I've been told thors but it requires some good gear. Any recommendations? I appreciate the reply.

#89 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:38 PM

Dragons party + FAS, you're the life of the party in that place.

#90 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 01:24 AM

Some ideas to save Classic:

1. Lots of ads:

The server is pretty much dead at this point. 300 players on average with who knows how many bots. The European Ragnarok Version is making use of Steam. Why isn't Iro doing the same? Does euRo have the exclusive rights on Steam? If not you should really make use of Steam.

Other than that you will have to make use of Social Media as much as you can to breath some life into this dead horse.

2. Get rid of bots/cheaters:

This has already been mentioned by several people. Be it botting, autopotting, no delay  -_- or dupe shenanigans. I know you will never be able to stop it all but more needs to be done about this. People should actually be scared of using any of this.

3. Keep Classic Classic:

There have been a lot of changes to the Classic formula on this server and while I personally liked some of them (such as Janeway for example) there's also a good chunk of stuff I despised (like the account bound Valkyrie items). 

4. Make sure Cash Shop Items are not too OP!

I don't think I need to explain this tbh.

5. Add more longterm content:

I'm not sure if that is within the realms of your possibilities but more longterm content is what this game needs. We need to give players an incentive to keep revisiting PVE content even after they reached 99.I have several ideas, though I'm not sure if any of these can be implemented.

My ideas:

Endless Tower 2.0 filled with the remaining MVP's that aren't present in Endless Tower 1.0

Revamped Card System: Cards have to be leveled now to unlock each effect. The stronger the cards are, the more experience is needed. If I could get my hands on the Game's code I would even be willing to code this system on my own. (This idea would mostly be suited for a fresh server though)

Mentor system: Some sort of system in which people will be able to take care of new players to introduce them to the game and help them level up.

Matchmaking: A System similiar to what is known as Partyfinder in most modern games. People of comparable level easily band together without having to put up chats in different towns in hopes of someone stumbling upon them.

New special drops in mid to highend dungeons: Stuff that can be used to slightly increase the upgrade chance, enchant chance or something along those lines. Dropchance could be 0.01% to make sure it won't be too op but still kinda helpful.

However, to me the best solution is the one the GM's seem to want to avoid the most:

A Server Reset/New Server.

There are several reasons why this is the best solution to me imo:

1. A Fresh Serverstart generally creates a lot of momentum. People LOVE playing on a new Server. This will give us the opportunity to attract a lot of players and hopefully this time keep them here.

2. Speaking of keeping people here: If a Fresh Server ever happens we will need to not make the same mistakes again. This goes to both GM's AND the Playerbase. Look back at what mistakes you might have made in the past and don't repeat them. The community should refrain from being overly toxic. Yes we might be enemies during WoE but that doesn't have to go for stuff outside WoE as well. Stop being childish and grow up already. It's just a game.

3. The existing systems that were added to Classic and were well received can be carried over to the new server while those that were disliked can be removed from the plate.

4. Botting and the likes can be taken care of from the beginning and from what I've read you do seem to have someone on board now that can better deal with those shenanigans. Maybe even ask fellow players for help if you're still unsure how to spot these things and how to deal with them. We love this game and we want to see it succeed.

Edited by lyndel84, 13 June 2016 - 01:32 AM.

#91 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

The server is pretty much dead at this point. 300 players on average with who knows how many bots. The European Ragnarok Version is making use of Steam. Why isn't Iro doing the same? Does euRo have the exclusive rights on Steam? If not you should really make use of Steam.

RO1 is on Steam but from what I've heard there's all sorts of issues when launching the game through Steam.

However, to me the best solution is the one the GM's seem to want to avoid the most:
A Server Reset/New Server.

Yeah tbh... By not launching a new server, they're missing out on a lot of potential players. I know several people from "the other game" playing AND donating to pservers purely because of nostalgia. Oh well, it's WP's choice if they want to cater exclusively to their more or less 300 daily users+alts+bots. Nevermind the thousands of other players who'd love to play on an official pre-renewal server, right?

Edited by 1756492860, 13 June 2016 - 02:10 AM.

#92 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:10 AM

I can name a billion reasons why a new server won't work, but it all really depends on if a certain group of people persist playing. Classic is literally too toxic to stay logged into (and how many people miss the days when you could idle in game and chat to people and socialize).

There's nothing really out there for the majority of players and there's nothing to counteract the toxicity in the players. I don't mean oh, wp should be banning everyone (that's just silly) - but what I mean is that if you refrain from certain activities or places because of certain people there's nothing else to do.

Ultimately it's not wp's fault that it's impossible to stay logged in or just chat to your friends because a group of players will come and friend/deal/party/guild request spam you over and over making it impossible to trade between your friends lest you accidentally accept or open the wrong window. it was funny for a day, but it still continues - yet a single group of players continue to persist and mimic this. It may seem petty and trivial but when you add it to the rest of the general scumbag behaviour it's not really good.

I wanted to go off on some rant for the past few weeks about the entire general community  - the group bullying/upvote minion spamming behaviour on forums and arguments and disagreements just because of who posted (I've posted from alt accounts and the responses are usually pretty agreeable its incredible), the fact that the server's publicity or face appear to be only what happens on these forums, my stream and a handful of videos most of which seem to revolve around using actually illegal GRFs and sh!t talking other guilds and players. Now whilst I make fun of some things during woe in my videos, I certainly don't make pointed or aggressive attacks on other guilds or players. There's kind of a difference between haha <thing> happened in woe and it was funny and "this guild and all these guilds are sh!t!"

We have a topic outlining what is and isn't legal with regards to GRF edits, yet if you report someone who crosses these lines, the GM is like k we investigate. You then see the same person continuing to make videos and play for a couple of weeks. You are told to contact warnhal, here we are, a few woes later, the PM? still unread. (really is this still my fault? Like am I actually going to be blamed for this again? I'm not your scapegoat)

When a guild is sending multiple people to other guilds warp points and hang out spots to talk crap win or lose after every woe, it creates the most unpleasant atmosphere. It's especially so since newbies tend to stop by my area because of my stream/server recruitment, they see people standing around with chats like "you're sh!t!" or people coming over and making comments that are little more than sexual harassment (yes I went there) and we have zero reason to wonder why classic isn't growing.

Someone of course is going to say "but you talk crap about us during your stream!" - occasionally yes, it's my guild mostly not me so much. but I also believe that if you don't want to be made fun of for synchronized potting, you shouldn't do it. something else tho, we leave it in WoE, nobody from Valhalla goes out of their way to find other guilds warp spots to talk smack, or goes and harasses them after WoE.

Also, I made the point to tell my guild to stop saying such things on stream. A lot of reasons behind that but the general consensus behind me stopping streaming was that it's more harmful to classic than good in certain places. People want to play this game, but they don't want to play with the people here.

When it comes to the forums, my guild have tried to point out for a long time that the "anti-bias"; measures taken to appear to listen more to the side that trolls about bias being on the other side has lead to many things being put into classic that are gamechanging in a terrible, harmful way just to spite Valhalla. Not one thing that we have asked to have looked at even appears to be taken seriously or considered. But my guild also feel they can't express the lack of anything aimed at those who want to play outside of woe, or have no interest in revamping the game into a moba because they are told they are causing a problem, or attacking the staff when they say something like "This does nothing for me and I want something too."

With the way enforcement is(n't) handled and the accepted changes to rules being only on one side and the "updates" and "events" we are getting, the message is becoming ever clearer. The pserver type trashy toxic players appear to be the target audience. We decided over a month ago that not taking part in certain events throughout the week would improve our gameplay experience over all and make RO more fun, and we were right. It's not about the game at all, but about who those things attract.

So I'll be over here in my corner being told I deserve to have my home connection and teamspeak ddosed for speaking out. I'll sit right here with my allies who are mocked for not having a player base to recruit from and the god quest being too hard (not seals, the actual quest) so thy can never catch up whilst they are being smacked around by an alliance of 50+ vs their single digit attendances. I'll be hanging out with the people who commit the moral crime of actually wanting to play the game and enjoy it, and aim for the goals and achievements infront of them - because as far as many of us are concerned, the staff have picked who they want.

And if you make a new server, it will happen all over again.

#93 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:32 AM

I can name a billion reasons why a new server won't work, but it all really depends on if a certain group of people persist playing. Classic is literally too toxic to stay logged into (and how many people miss the days when you could idle in game and chat to people and socialize).

There's nothing really out there for the majority of players and there's nothing to counteract the toxicity in the players. I don't mean oh, wp should be banning everyone (that's just silly) - but what I mean is that if you refrain from certain activities or places because of certain people there's nothing else to do.

Ultimately it's not wp's fault that it's impossible to stay logged in or just chat to your friends because a group of players will come and friend/deal/party/guild request spam you over and over making it impossible to trade between your friends lest you accidentally accept or open the wrong window. it was funny for a day, but it still continues - yet a single group of players continue to persist and mimic this. It may seem petty and trivial but when you add it to the rest of the general scumbag behaviour it's not really good.

I wanted to go off on some rant for the past few weeks about the entire general community  - the group bullying/upvote minion spamming behaviour on forums and arguments and disagreements just because of who posted (I've posted from alt accounts and the responses are usually pretty agreeable its incredible), the fact that the server's publicity or face appear to be only what happens on these forums, my stream and a handful of videos most of which seem to revolve around using actually illegal GRFs and sh!t talking other guilds and players. Now whilst I make fun of some things during woe in my videos, I certainly don't make pointed or aggressive attacks on other guilds or players. There's kind of a difference between haha <thing> happened in woe and it was funny and "this guild and all these guilds are sh!t!"

We have a topic outlining what is and isn't legal with regards to GRF edits, yet if you report someone who crosses these lines, the GM is like k we investigate. You then see the same person continuing to make videos and play for a couple of weeks. You are told to contact warnhal, here we are, a few woes later, the PM? still unread. (really is this still my fault? Like am I actually going to be blamed for this again? I'm not your scapegoat)

When a guild is sending multiple people to other guilds warp points and hang out spots to talk crap win or lose after every woe, it creates the most unpleasant atmosphere. It's especially so since newbies tend to stop by my area because of my stream/server recruitment, they see people standing around with chats like "you're sh!t!" or people coming over and making comments that are little more than sexual harassment (yes I went there) and we have zero reason to wonder why classic isn't growing.

Someone of course is going to say "but you talk crap about us during your stream!" - occasionally yes, it's my guild mostly not me so much. but I also believe that if you don't want to be made fun of for synchronized potting, you shouldn't do it. something else tho, we leave it in WoE, nobody from Valhalla goes out of their way to find other guilds warp spots to talk smack, or goes and harasses them after WoE.

Also, I made the point to tell my guild to stop saying such things on stream. A lot of reasons behind that but the general consensus behind me stopping streaming was that it's more harmful to classic than good in certain places. People want to play this game, but they don't want to play with the people here.

When it comes to the forums, my guild have tried to point out for a long time that the "anti-bias"; measures taken to appear to listen more to the side that trolls about bias being on the other side has lead to many things being put into classic that are gamechanging in a terrible, harmful way just to spite Valhalla. Not one thing that we have asked to have looked at even appears to be taken seriously or considered. But my guild also feel they can't express the lack of anything aimed at those who want to play outside of woe, or have no interest in revamping the game into a moba because they are told they are causing a problem, or attacking the staff when they say something like "This does nothing for me and I want something too."

With the way enforcement is(n't) handled and the accepted changes to rules being only on one side and the "updates" and "events" we are getting, the message is becoming ever clearer. The pserver type trashy toxic players appear to be the target audience. We decided over a month ago that not taking part in certain events throughout the week would improve our gameplay experience over all and make RO more fun, and we were right. It's not about the game at all, but about who those things attract.

So I'll be over here in my corner being told I deserve to have my home connection and teamspeak ddosed for speaking out. I'll sit right here with my allies who are mocked for not having a player base to recruit from and the god quest being too hard (not seals, the actual quest) so thy can never catch up whilst they are being smacked around by an alliance of 50+ vs their single digit attendances. I'll be hanging out with the people who commit the moral crime of actually wanting to play the game and enjoy it, and aim for the goals and achievements infront of them - because as far as many of us are concerned, the staff have picked who they want.

And if you make a new server, it will happen all over again.

I want to believe people can better themselves :P and I still think a New Server is the only way to safe this dead horse. A new server where the community decides together what changes are made and what's left untouched.

#94 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:51 AM

I would like to know a reason to play in classic lately.

My friends dont wanna play anymore. Will use the word of one: " Impossible to compete with those who acquired their equips through RMT" and " What good is to farm items that have not anyone to sell?" and ohters things.

Reset the server is not the solution . RMT will continue.

We, Rampage , have small but very united group. We will not separate us independent of the game.

So Rampage is leaving the WoE. Thank for all guys. Cya!

Edited by Xandyzor, 13 June 2016 - 09:27 AM.

#95 teresias

teresias

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 652 posts
  • LocationWest Prontera / Geffen
  • Server:Loki / Chaos / Odin

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:35 AM

I want to believe people can better themselves :P and I still think a New Server is the only way to safe this dead horse. A new server where the community decides together what changes are made and what's left untouched.

In an ideal setting, this might work, yes. But sadly, we aren't in one. I think server reset won't be the answer because after a month or so, the same problems will appear. RMT will still be there, dupers will still exist and might encourage to work double time cos hey new server, more buyers, etc. As long as these game cancers are not being actioned upon, whatever new server will suffer the same fate. Or worse cos some of those who worked hard to try catch up might be demoralized to start back to zero. I, for one, would be.

And about community deciding together... I wish that would be possible. But as long as there are community biases and vested interests... Well good luck with that.

#96 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 05:41 AM

In an ideal setting, this might work, yes. But sadly, we aren't in one. I think server reset won't be the answer because after a month or so, the same problems will appear. RMT will still be there, dupers will still exist and might encourage to work double time cos hey new server, more buyers, etc. As long as these game cancers are not being actioned upon, whatever new server will suffer the same fate. Or worse cos some of those who worked hard to try catch up might be demoralized to start back to zero. I, for one, would be.

And about community deciding together... I wish that would be possible. But as long as there are community biases and vested interests... Well good luck with that.

That's why these problems should be tackled beforehand. Didn't Oda state earlier that they have a new guy working on these issues? If they can fix them and keep them fixed it would make a new server start more than exciting IMO.

#97 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:08 AM

Here you go

reset.png

#98 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

RIP Rampage  :p_swt:

#99 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:53 AM

RIP this server :(

#100 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Im sorry camp, I just can't muster up enough to care about yet another one of these useless threads. I know you try, both on the game and in communicating positively here with players on the forums, but whether you want to blame kro, warp portal, the community, lack of manpower, or yourselves, the undeniable fact is that you have consistently failed classic, horribly and repeatedly. Nobody has any faith at all left in the staff or the server.

Multiple people have spelled things out for you here on the forums, over and over. Cheating, duping, rmting, item saturation from drop rates and the god creation quest, lack of meaningful enforcement, community issues, lack of content and what is wrong with janeway and pvm and bgs and pvp and woe, and more. All the reasons that classic is now in the toilet have been screamed about on the forums for forever. Community members have been throwing ideas and solutions and their willingness to help at you over and over, to be met with silence, inaction and failure. The time to do anything was years ago, but instead you have fixed almost nothing.

There is nothing left now but "i told you so." You were beyond warned about all these problems. Whether you didnt or couldnt fix things doesnt matter. You failed.

If you really want, I will sit down and write another big long -_- post about whats wrong and how to fix it. And almost all of it will be things I have said before. But im not doing it again after that. And frankly, you could snap your fingers and do everything suggested overnight and i still dont know if you could salvage anything decent from classics current state. You're welcome to try but I am certainly not getting my hopes up about being surprised with any success this time around.

At this point I log for woe1 every other week to mess around but otherwise im pretty much done and its really only a matter of time before I stop being around entirely. I have seen no indication any solution will be implemented for classics many issues so I'll believe it when I see it and not before tbh.

Edited by rojoky113, 21 June 2016 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users