Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016 - Page 2 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#26 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

tumblr_ndknsuFTG61rtcfaqo1_500.gif

#27 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:25 PM

I had a lot of fun, but lol @ the fact that all the MvPs and Gods worked in the castles...oops! So much for the Event WoE.  :p_laugh:

#28 Nathy

Nathy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Classic

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:37 PM

10/10 Event woe. Definitely working as intended.. Maybe next woe disable Bwings

#29 Aannunaki

Aannunaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Whatever

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:38 PM

It's a good thing xel stopped streaming WoE SE. So many problems with the server making it look unappealing, especially with the trashy players harassing others, because on camera?

#30 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

Oh please, you mean disable recall

#31 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:46 PM

disable all healing items except for bananas

Edited by Faolain, 05 June 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#32 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Of all the event sieges that were supposed to have Gods/MVPs disabled but didnt. This one was my favourite so far.

This is a serious black mark on the server. Campitor, you need to do a better job than this.

#33 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:26 PM

Of all the event sieges that were supposed to have Gods/MVPs disabled but didnt. This one was my favourite so far.

This is a serious black mark on the server. Campitor, you need to do a better job than this.

Agreed, I am VPNing into the server to figure out what configuration went wrong right now.

#34 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:41 PM

I am.. right now at a loss. The map configuration for the event is set as follows:

ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Brysinggamen_C");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Sleipnir_C");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Mjolnir_C");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Magingiorde_C");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Brysinggamen");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Sleipnir");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Mjolnir");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Magingiorde");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("B_Katrinn_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Asprika");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Brynhild");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Golden_Bug_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Fallen_Bishop_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Tao_Gunka_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("B_Seyren_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Amon_Ra_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("B_Eremes_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Atroce_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Bacsojin_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Baphomet_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Berzebub_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Dark_Lord_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Detale_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Doppelganger_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Dracula_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Drake_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Eddga_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Dark_Snake_Lord_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Garm_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Ifrit_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Incant_Samurai_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Kiel_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Knight_Windstorm_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Ktullanux_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Lady_Tanee_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Lord_Of_Death_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Maya_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Mistress_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Moonlight_Flower_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Orc_Hero_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Orc_Load_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Osiris_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Phreeoni_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Rsx_0806_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Thanatos_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("B_Shecil_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Turtle_General_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Randgris_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("Apocalips_H_Card");
ADD_BLOCK_ITEM("B_Harword_Card");

The maps and the maptype Number are matching and I know that this was applied before the server was started.

#35 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:45 PM

I believe in you campitor. Just test it next time. I think we'll get this next woe.

On another note, I was going to suggest this afterwards, but since treasure is still in play I'll suggest now. Can we consider reducing woe2 castle econ by 10 per break? Also think castles should be reduced, mainly in woe2, but we could start with the econ thing.

Yes, I will keep continue to say this on every patch notes thread I can, until I'm given a reason why or why not.

#36 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:52 PM

Ill give you a another chance but if y'all can't code right am sending a letter in to kro

Edited by zerowon, 05 June 2016 - 01:52 PM.

#37 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:54 PM

Ill give you a another chance but if y'all can't code right am sending a letter in to kro

https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:57 PM

:p_laugh:

Edited by Xellie, 05 June 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

Going to consult with Heim and Holden tomorrow and try to figure out whats wrong.

#40 Shomaye

Shomaye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Server:Gorilla Poker

Posted 05 June 2016 - 06:21 PM

Goal: Experiment with the implementation of a No God Item no MVP WoE Event
End Goal: Implementation of a third woe period with its own rewards, and no god item or mvps card should this prove popular and fun.

The June event is a month long test of the no god/no mvp woe, looking forward to possibly implementing a third woe.  The detractors suddenly popping up in this thread are the exact players these tests are being catered to, and I think their responses are all too typical of their attitudes toward the game/devs.

#41 Andradee

Andradee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

The June event is a month long test of the no god/no mvp woe, looking forward to possibly implementing a third woe.  The detractors suddenly popping up in this thread are the exact players these tests are being catered to, and I think their responses are all too typical of their attitudes toward the game/devs.

I like the idea of a 3rd woe with no god/no mvps. I like the idea of a month long test of no god/no mvp woe. I even enjoyed today's attempt at a no god/no mvp woe.

Why?

Because it meant something different. Because it shows the GMs are listening to ALL of their players and not just a handful.

I play on Classic too bro and I support this. I'm not a "detractor" but damn it feels good to be "catered" too.

#42 Aannunaki

Aannunaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Whatever

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:14 PM

They are listening to the same players that asked for/wanted the current godlike creation quest, especially "seal power 2" - ironically the people responsible for the current situation.

Not sure if listening to the same side once more is "all players".

#43 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

I like the idea of a 3rd woe with no god/no mvps. I like the idea of a month long test of no god/no mvp woe. I even enjoyed today's attempt at a no god/no mvp woe.

Why?

Because it meant something different. Because it shows the GMs are listening to ALL of their players and not just a handful.

I play on Classic too bro and I support this. I'm not a "detractor" but damn it feels good to be "catered" too.

Sorry, I don't have the full history here since I've only recently returned to the game, but can you name these changes that they've made specifically for this 'handful of players'? I feel like there's some important context I'm missing here.

#44 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

I don't know where you are getting this illusion from. GMs do not listen to "ALL" players because if they did, this server will not be the way it is. and you know what? I wasn't even surprised, not a slight bit, the disabling did not work out. 

Edited by TheLeafs, 06 June 2016 - 04:17 AM.

#45 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:08 AM

They are listening to the same players that asked for/wanted the current godlike creation quest, especially "seal power 2" - ironically the people responsible for the current situation.

Not sure if listening to the same side once more is "all players".

People pushed for the seal quests to be lowered to 50 instead of 100. This was changed on the old servers. The current quest came from left field, however the first 1-2 creations were fun die to the novelty. After that, people wanted the quest removed and some still pushed for seal 50.

Basically, nobody asked for this current quest.

Edit: I think that a part of the reason why seal power 2 was defended, AFTER a quest nobody asked for was put in, was because everyone wanted to do it. However there is a vast difference between wanting something and actually doing it.

To be honest, when it comes to gods, I don't think there is a clear cut answer that satisfies everyone currently. Current quest has many flaws. Going back to prior quest with 100 seals is unappealing as while. Seals at 50 would create a lot of drama.

Hindsight answer, my opinion on how it should've been done (irrelivent though).

-Make woe2 items require 4-5 of each piece to make.
-Make gum not affect castle drops (or drop the rates so that with VIP+he gum it brings it up to default drop rate)
-seal at 50 (remember there will be less pieces because of above point)

Again, that's hindsight and adding any of those now would be counter productive.

Edited by Undying, 06 June 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#46 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:46 AM

People pushed for the seal quests to be lowered to 50 instead of 100. This was changed on the old servers. The current quest came from left field, however the first 1-2 creations were fun die to the novelty. After that, people wanted the quest removed and some still pushed for seal 50.

Basically, nobody asked for this current quest.

Edit: I think that a part of the reason why seal power 2 was defended, AFTER a quest nobody asked for was put in, was because everyone wanted to do it. However there is a vast difference between wanting something and actually doing it.

To be honest, when it comes to gods, I don't think there is a clear cut answer that satisfies everyone currently. Current quest has many flaws. Going back to prior quest with 100 seals is unappealing as while. Seals at 50 would create a lot of drama.

Hindsight answer, my opinion on how it should've been done (irrelivent though).

-Make woe2 items require 4-5 of each piece to make.
-Make gum not affect castle drops (or drop the rates so that with VIP+he gum it brings it up to default drop rate)
-seal at 50 (remember there will be less pieces because of above point)

Again, that's hindsight and adding any of those now would be counter productive.

While I agree that WoE SE items required for Okolnir should be increased, reducing the seals requirement to 50 would have no impact whatsoever in their creation. 

Also, given the current population and saturation of WoE FE items, creations should be made more difficult rather than easier. 

#47 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

While I agree that WoE SE items required for Okolnir should be increased, reducing the seals requirement to 50 would have no impact whatsoever in their creation.

Also, given the current population and saturation of WoE FE items, creations should be made more difficult rather than easier.

If you read the closing statement, it is all about how those proposals are irrelivent because, for obvious reasons, we can't do them now. It's all hindsight.

As far as seal quests, my view on them is... They are a huge waste of time. Anyone that has done them many times (tbh I did more on the older servers then classic) understands the pain of doing them. The quests themselves offer no challenge, are repetitive, and are just a time waster. Yes, strategies have evolved that deals with rolling the seals, but the quests themselves are as dull as watching paint dry or pressing a macro.

Personally I would rather have pieces be drastically more rare, possibly forcing castles to have an Econ of 30~50 before there is even a small chance of the pieces dropping. Then remove the seals all together and put in a challenging quest that requires thought in order to make the item. My opinion is the majority of the strategies/time should be invested in obtaining the actual pieces rather then doing the same boring thing hundreds and hundreds of times.

Again, this isn't a solution to classic nor should it be considered. It's hindsight from what should have been done while incorporating my learned opinion. All and all it is 100% irrelivent other then giving possibilities for new servers.

Edit: addressing your point. Changes need to be well thought out and the consequences should be accepted if they do anything. Example, make obtaining God items harder will greatly upset people who are working towards current goals. Making God items easier will devalue the current ones and insult the people who did work hard to obtain them. There is no simple solution, currently, that wouldn't drastically piss off a player that falls into one of those categories. The damage has already been done and moving forwards with change will upset some group or groups of players. The staff is in a really challenging position of having to walk on a tight rope in many decisions they make.

Edited by Undying, 06 June 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#48 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:39 AM

Example, make obtaining God items harder will greatly upset people who are working towards current goals. Making God items easier will devalue the current ones and insult the people who did work hard to obtain them. There is no simple solution, currently, that wouldn't drastically piss off a player that falls into one of those categories. The damage has already been done and moving forwards with change will upset some group or groups of players. The staff is in a really challenging position of having to walk on a tight rope in many decisions they make.

Amen to that. 

but apparently GMs have chosen who to piss off! Koodo GMs. let's hope this plan works better that the other ones!

Edited by TheLeafs, 06 June 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#49 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

I agree with Undying. God item quests are redundant and boring, server is smaller than it was before. What we really needed was the drop rate of god pieces lowered (he suggested), and no increased redundancy to 100 (he suggested).

But that is in the past.

Enough with the complaints. Let's all enjoy our no god/mvp woe next week. It's supposed to be fun for all.

#50 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:56 AM

EDITED: uuugh nevermind

Edited by TheLeafs, 06 June 2016 - 10:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users