Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016 - Page 3 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE 2 6-2-2016 to 6-30-2016

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#51 Giafone

Giafone

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:02 PM

well the seal quests are so hard... 2 ppl did the entire last seal roll with the small help of 2 more and u tell me this guilds playing with 30+members can't do the quest 3 times, seriously start playing again...

btw thanks oda and camp for not resetting the seal power after xmas nice 4 sleips which are a debuff ...

u guys should really go out and botclean the newbie/janeway maps cause ppl see it and leave and get behind this item duping and nodelay cheating its just not fair at all that u can make 5x more money from not playing the game.

#52 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

Personally I would rather have pieces be drastically more rare, possibly forcing castles to have an Econ of 30~50 before there is even a small chance of the pieces dropping. Then remove the seals all together and put in a challenging quest that requires thought in order to make the item. My opinion is the majority of the strategies/time should be invested in obtaining the actual pieces rather then doing the same boring thing hundreds and hundreds of times.

Again, this isn't a solution to classic nor should it be considered. It's hindsight from what should have been done while incorporating my learned opinion. All and all it is 100% irrelivent other then giving possibilities for new servers.

Well that's a shame, because this idea sounds excellent.

Would need a god item/server wipe to make it work, but w/e

Edited by Rastaban, 06 June 2016 - 01:32 PM.

#53 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:33 PM

It's not like we had a bunch of past servers to learn from.

(idea seemed much less excellent when I originally posted it years ago, apparently)

#54 Undying

Undying

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1329 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:22 PM

It's not like we had a bunch of past servers to learn from.

(idea seemed much less excellent when I originally posted it years ago, apparently)

This ^. Although many "long term" guild leaders have said things along the same lines in different ways.

I do like the idea of a castle requiring Econ in order for items to begin to drop. Not doable on classic, but a fantastic idea if I don't say so myself.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:25 PM

I'm never going to understand why anybody econsin WoE 1 on Classic tbh - it just harms your own progress.

The only reason to defend something is for funs ..... which should change.

#56 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:24 AM

Giving a little feedback about the event woe of 12th July:

First I'd like to congratulate the staff in finally implementing something as intended for no gods no mvps woe. We appreciate it.

As far as the ruleset goes, it was fun. Results were as obvious as they seemed, and the fights lasted longer than usual even for people clearly unprepared to deal with the lack of the gods/mvps, .... There was a decent participation from different people interested in playing no gods/mvps (many more showed up the previous week but the items were not disabled, so...). We did have a few problems but those may not be fit to discuss openly in forums (which i think its stupid, it nevers hurts to say again. I'm open to talk about it in any other way though - PMs, Skype, ect).

suggestions: at least for the last week, consider a different ruleset, such as disabling miniboss cards too. All of them - the whole "counter" theory is not 100% ok because technically everything has a possible counter, which doesnt make it less OP.

I also urge you guys to do something similar with woe1, to reach different players and maybe get more feedback and less boycotting. Woe2 is a little more challenging to take part and there are certainly more people taking part in woe1, and I'm sure they could use a good time without having to deal with ... items that were made when they were not even around.

Leaving other problems aside to discuss in proper time/places, it was a fun time and I hope we can still have fun the next weeks, and that these event sieges open the eyes of the staff once and for all that we need at the very least a third woe with all those things disabled.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 27 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.
Removed portion of post.

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

As far as the ruleset goes, it was fun. Results were as obvious as they seemed, and the fights lasted longer than usual

Wasn't this your argument against increase WoE reductions?

There's a lot of reasons people are leaving RO atm and it's not because of silly events in WoE however I do feel inclined to point out the extremely poor state of WoE.

Here's the average attendances from what we saw

Aurora : 25+

Valkyrie : 11

EL : Claim to only have 3 people.

Valhalla : 13 + 3 (alts yo)

Roka : 6

Rampage: ??? small

RO2 : not sure but tiny.

The key point here is there's no REASON to WoE. Item saturation (in terms of rewards) put an end to that. With it not being fun there's little reason to show up, event or not. Especially when you know, unnecessary alliances. (Are you really going to tell me valk needed help because they need god items so they can compete?)

Valhalla has been on and off of WoE 2 for over a month now. We took a break because the server situation was bad (boring/not fun among other things) came back to see if anything changed (it hasn't), thus we're going back to not taking part. It is literally everything that is bad and wrong with Classic and has been for a very, very long time.

So here's what WoE 2 will look like next week

If you want the tldr; we're not doing WoE 2 because it encourages the worst of the community to act in the worst of ways including outside of WoE and it ruins all of the rest of RO for people. If you don't like my decision to not spend time catering supplies and rosters just to be met with verbal abuse.... Go hit GMRomeu's chars, if you know what I mean.

If you want an even/equal fight with item limitations, there is a platform on which we can organize such a thing. I'm not scared to fight you guys.

I'd also like to say that disabling items without balancing other factors is extremely, EXTREMELY stupid. There's a lot of items on classic that need to be looked at, along with other things.

also yoooooooooooooo it's awesome to get GSBs at a rate of 1 per day for participation. I also enjoy the fact that soloists and inactive guilds reap the biggest rewards. No really, I don't. That's WoE 2 since forever.

Edited by Xellie, 13 June 2016 - 07:04 AM.

#58 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:42 AM

Here's the average attendances from what we saw

Valhalla : 13 + 3 (alts yo)

Rampage: ??? small

So here's what WoE 2 will look like next week

I'd also like to say that disabling items without balancing other factors is extremely, EXTREMELY stupid. There's a lot of items on classic that need to be looked at, along with other things.

Btw Rampage: 4

The rest, Xellie said all. Do this event without limiting the number of members and disable the alliance, makes whoever has the most players, will prevail.

Disable Alliance.

Limit only 18 ~ 20 players per guild.

#59 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

My friends dont wanna play anymore. Will use the word of one: " Impossible to compete with those who acquired their equips through RMT" and " What good is to farm items that have not anyone to sell?" and ohters things.

Reset the server is not the solution . RMT will continue.

We, Rampage , have small but very united group. We will not separate us independent of the game.

So Rampage is leaving the WoE. Thank for all guys. Cya!

I wrote one thing wrong in my post.

@Ryoma: I will continue to post, playing or not...

#60 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

About the Event:

Disable Alliance.

Limit only 18 ~ 20 players per guild.

#61 Aannunaki

Aannunaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Server:Whatever

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

You always allowed to sit and troll and will campitor do anything!? He will PM or ban Xellie telling us not to have opinions on the game! And allow you to continue insulting us!

Now they have to choose who stays and who goes. Ppl who played/play full time and help or cheating part timer Pserver players who drive others to quit!

#62 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:33 AM

this event woe was pretty fun.  Please keep this setting in for the long term.  I think miniboss cards can remain though, it doesn't sway the balance between classes too much.

#63 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Good morning folks! Please keep it cool.

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:00 AM

You always allowed to sit and troll and will campitor do anything!? He will PM or ban Xellie telling us not to have opinions on the game! And allow you to continue insulting us!

Now they have to choose who stays and who goes. Ppl who played/play full time and help or cheating part timer Pserver players who drive others to quit!

At no point have I stated that your opinions do not matter, neither have a stated that it is okay to insult and harass Xellie. Considering the time both Oda and I have spent off the clock removing users who were actively harassing Xellie with names, pictures, links, and other ways I would like to believe that we have shown our stance on that subject.

Next, we want every player to play as long as they aren't breaking the Eula. In regards to cheating my goal is to prevent cheating as best as I can and I am working with the studio towards that end. I will admit that doing so is like trying to herd cats. But eventually I expect them to all randomly run in the right direction.

Suspending, users for cheating is a concern for the GM team and they should be doing their job if they aren't than please let Warnhal know. He does care about these issues.

Lastly this aggression being shown towards us ultimately hurtful towards the future of the server. If you would like we can talk it out on skype or PM I would hope that we can work together towards improving the server.

General Warning:

I have removed MANY off topic posts this morning. If I was to suspend for the posts a large chunk of both sides would be suspended so I am not. I want people to post about the event and what they liked and didn't like about the mechanics.

#65 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Mechanic wise it was good most had fun when fights did happen they were more even balanced. Most of us agreed that experimenting this week with no gr/dr maya p as well would bring back another dynamic of stalkers /sin X steal thing / ninja picks:edit. As to reasons why in this setting the burst type dos /aspd needed to counter freeze immune gr/dr defaulters is not here like normal woe2.0 so this would make action more fast and furious

Edited by zerowon, 15 June 2016 - 09:21 AM.

#66 TheLeafs

TheLeafs

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Next, we want every player to play as long as they aren't breaking the Eula. In regards to cheating my goal is to prevent cheating as best as I can and I am working with the studio towards that end. I will admit that doing so is like trying to herd cats. But eventually I expect them to all randomly run in the right direction.

Suspending, users for cheating is a concern for the GM team and they should be doing their job if they aren't than please let Warnhal know. He does care about these issues.

Lastly this aggression being shown towards us ultimately hurtful towards the future of the server. If you would like we can talk it out on skype or PM I would hope that we can work together towards improving the server.

still not answer concerning the cheats I "PM" you.

#67 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

still not answer concerning the cheats I "PM" you.

I am  trying to research the precedent that was set in the past with RCX and what you sent me. 

I will respond to you. In just a moment. 

#68 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:48 AM

Now that the damage output is dramatically reduced, we should possibly consider adding a cooldown on potion use.  maybe a 100 millisecond cooldown on potions across the board may be something to consider.  Capping healing output at 10 pots/sec would put a limit on how much the infinite supply meta affects the balance of the game. 

I still don't believe in rewarding the winners by making sure they have the supplies and tools to keep winning, GSB's and the surplus of supplies needs to be addressed.

#69 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:52 AM

Now that the damage output is dramatically reduced, we should possibly consider adding a cooldown on potion use.  maybe a 100 millisecond cooldown on potions across the board may be something to consider.  Capping healing output at 10 pots/sec would put a limit on how much the infinite supply meta affects the balance of the game. 

I still don't believe in rewarding the winners by making sure they have the supplies and tools to keep winning, GSB's and the surplus of supplies needs to be addressed.

Firstly that's not even within their capabilities without kRO

Secondly, didn't you declare yourself to be PVM only with only negative things to say about WoE players?

Thirdly: It's like 1 GSB a day. It's worthless.

Fourth: before any kind of potion usage cap should be even discussed; perhaps we should point out that Classic appears to go beyond the old iRO cap of 0.33 sec delay (3/sec) on skills, opting for the old (abandoned) default of 0.2 (5/sec) - meaning damage is higher than it was in classical settings.

Fifth: Guardians. No Melee reduction = Guardians doing more damage than they should.

Edited by Xellie, 15 June 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#70 ShinRyoma

ShinRyoma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

@staff

Adding a cooldown to potting sounds good to me as a woe player, regardless of the playstyle of who made the suggestion. Should add to your tasklist with the help of kRO.

I also appreciate the tweaking in the ruleset of woe (disabling MP) and ask for disabling the other two most famous minibosses ( Ghostring/Deviling ) for the other week.

Is this thread appropriate for discussing the implementation of a guild starter pack or similar or would you rather we elaborate something and make a new one?

#71 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

pretty sure it's been on their request list for a long time, newbies.

#72 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:17 PM

if you cant fix the melee reductions make a half ass edit and change guardians atk power by a % equal to what the reductions would be since at least its something

also dr being disabled would be pretty nice for the sake of bombers and asura

#73 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:12 AM

Yestarday, Rampage (a few with 98398391 Alts and desorginazed) played against Valk.

My opinion: Even so more balanced. Not too high damage and competitive. Next sunday, i will try bring more players and organize.

#74 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:43 AM

Aurora also had a lot of fun this weekend fighting SNL people. We had 5 more people than them but overall it was a pretty balanced fight. I too am curious to see how not having GR or DR would impact the war. I don't think it would be too much to ask for one more week of Event WoE given you all messed up the first week? Just food for thought.  :)

#75 Kershant

Kershant

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

woe in classic loki would be fun if the time are also great for east/ south east asian players like those migrated from thor. as of now the sched is 4am sun and mondays. i hope warpportal will change at least one of it so that other time zones can also participate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users