People were leaving or bots were getting banned? - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

People were leaving or bots were getting banned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

#126 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Unrelated to the above (tangentially) but I can't help but notice heavily botted areas are surprisingly free of bots. Not completely, but impressively. Did 15.2 break open k**** or did WP do something huge? 

#127 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

4. Most importantly jRO players are NICE. These are some of the nicest people ever. I lived in Japan and people were always helpful.

Oh, well...

#128 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

I agree, but gameguard is still necessary, at least it can block those stupid "wiki search" bot   lol

#129 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:00 AM

honestly real talk tbh jRO is a pretty good server tbh 

#130 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:01 AM

That is a big deal. It's part of why I don't like renewal. But that's how people level on Classic.... minus a party because everyone is an antisocial jerk.

The EXP penalty was the biggest thing that lead me to quitting renewal initially. It still is completely stupid to get penalized in exp for something that you CAN kill and it should honestly be removed from the current game.

#131 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

4. Most importantly jRO players are NICE. These are some of the nicest people ever. I lived in Japan and people were always helpful. And when I played jRO for the brief 1 month they have tons of community self ran events including this thing called flea market where they all gathered in one place on a day and sold stuff they don't really need and are good for newer players for extremely cheap.

Well they are Japanese ... just because. Talking about cool "Asian" stuffs literally means talking "mostly" about Japanese lol

Have some Japanese friends and coworkers, absolutely the best and most disciplined people you'll ever meet :p_idea: :p_hi:

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 August 2016 - 11:18 AM.

#132 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

Then you enter the realm of hentai and things get a little weird...

#133 Ryviux

Ryviux

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1962 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

I actually have shared up quite a few of Havenn's videos on Facebook, all you have to do is to tweet at the playragnarok twitter account when a video's up and we'll share it up...

Oda, you guy can seriously just rely on free advertising form facebook and players. i don't know what your budget is but some advertising on anime sites like MAL and Crunchyroll would attract the type of players who like games like IRO.

#134 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

Unrelated to the above (tangentially) but I can't help but notice heavily botted areas are surprisingly free of bots. Not completely, but impressively. Did 15.2 break open k**** or did WP do something huge? 

Yes. There was a change to the way inventory was handled. If your client isn't update it appears as if it is empty and I think you DC

#135 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:08 PM

Right now bRO has an event where ppl have to Lile and Share the promotional fb post amd when it meets a certain number of like/share, players get few BMs and EXP potions as rewards, and if the popularity is very high they get the grand prize of activating server exp/drop bonus for 1 week.
Guess what, its being pretty successfull so far, with hundreds of likes/sharing. And all it required from LU! was a cool image and a fb posting :v
Dont miss your oportunities WP

#136 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:55 PM

Right now bRO has an event where ppl have to Lile and Share the promotional fb post amd when it meets a certain number of like/share, players get few BMs and EXP potions as rewards, and if the popularity is very high they get the grand prize of activating server exp/drop bonus for 1 week.
Guess what, its being pretty successfull so far, with hundreds of likes/sharing. And all it required from LU! was a cool image and a fb posting :v
Dont miss your oportunities WP

iRO2 does this occasionally, don't see why iRO can't.

#137 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

OK, I am playing IRO and JRO at the same time, I think it would be good to share something with u guys:

JRO has about 10 severs, and one of the most popular server has more ppl than IRO.

Before I start, I should let you guys know that JRO can realease or change anything in their server without permission from Korea. IRO GM team do not have such authority, so basically IRO team could do nothing but follow KRO; this is not good because different servers have different situation, patch from KRO might not be good for IRO. 

Here is something which makes JRO unique:

1. JRO has "gameguard"(which is used for almost all new online games) to against bot and bug, so they have almost zero bots, and duplication bug never exist.

2. JRO has balanced class skills, for example: longer delay/CD for dragon breath, lower damage but no CD for Arrow Storm.

3. Instance/dungeon in JRO has very good base/job exp, so players are encouraged to do daily quest for leveling up.

4. There is no exp penalty in JRO, so low level players prefer to group up and hunt some monsters which are even level 30+ higher . When I was a 70 Lord Knight, I joined a party which all players are about level 70 and hunt those level 100+ monsters, this is so instersting, those 100+ monsters are so powerful, so it is as hard as hunting MVP, of course the exp is also awesome!!!    : D    Imagine 12 low level players work as a team to kill a Bloody Knight and after we killed it, everyone leveled up!

5.In JRO, it is hard to get high refined gears, they do have enriched elunium/oridecon, but you need to spend about 25 usd for 1 piece!(not 1 box but 1 piece!), in other word, most players still using +4~+6 gears. Since players do not have powerful gears, they do have to play as a party! What about IRO? It is not that hard to get +12, so many players can solo ti/instance/dungeon, and I think this might be an important reason for those leaving people: this is a MMORPG, if I can solo for most of time, why I still need to play it? Btw, because of the expensive enriched elunium/oridecon, refine gears by players(blacksmith) is still the most popular way.

6. As I said, JRO can release anything they want without permission from Korea. Here is an interesting weapon from them:

It is upgraded from Muramasa

• Type: Two-hand sword
  • ATK:75
  • For every base STR, ATK+1
  • If base STR>=95, ATK +40
  • If base STR>=108, adds an additional ATK +80
  • If base STR>=120, adds an additional ATK +160
  • If refined to +7 or higher, adds a chance of inflicting [Curse] on 11X11 targets when attacking
  • If refined to +9 or higher, when using [Frenzy], will auto-cast lv5 [Maximum Power-Thrust] at the same time.

I am pretty sure many RK players will love this sword, and this weapon wont affect PVP/WOE, two hand means no demi human reduction and Frenzy is kind of useless there; so we do not need to worry about balance; THIS IS JUST ONE OF THOSE INTERESTING GEARS!

7. Endless Tower is challenging, think about Ktullanux and Ifrit at the same floor, and JRO players have to kill them with +4 +5 gears; so yeah, team work!

8. JRO has special MVP dungeons with interesting design, for example, there is a MVP which can change color, when the MVP is red, all players have to sit down to doge the deadly attack (it can also kill Monk in Mental Strength); when MVP is yellow, all players have to turn around to avoid [Stone Curse]. Yes, in such dungeon, teamwork>>>godly gears

9. JRO redesigned the costume for 3rd classes, you can easily find them on google. Yes please, gx is so damn ugly here!!!!

Generally speaking, please find s way to encourage players to play as a team, this is a MMORPG! Players need more interesting gears, I mean interesting not powerful.

incredible ...all the things i said we should change has all already been implemented  in JRO... :p_sad: 

i now know what we must do  :mad:

we should created a brand new server ( lets name this server Poseidon ) this server will be perfect replica  of JRO with its custom mechanics,weapons,modified skill and monsters and its over priced enrich elu ( i love  the thought 7+ gears being the dream to attain ) as everyone works together to over  come common monsters  :p_laugh:

then we should move all THOR players to join CHAOS full migration gears and all then DELETE THOR SERVER. Chaos would continue as it no change.

aaaaah i would play this Poseidon server day n night! im having fun just thinking about it  :rice:

This will make ragnarok online one of the most fun/challenging mmo on the market TELL ME YOU SEE WHAT I SEE CM/MR BOSS MAN CEO OF WARPPORTAL make it happen!

#138 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:20 PM

Poseidon is the wrong mythology.. which is the only obvious flaw in your ingenious idea

(Jormungand kills Thor so that would be better wouldn't it?)

Edited by Xellie, 25 August 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#139 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

Yes. There was a change to the way inventory was handled. If your client isn't update it appears as if it is empty and I think you DC

CloseKore now :(

#140 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:33 PM

Poseidon is the wrong mythology.. which is the only obvious flaw in your ingenious idea

(Jormungand kills Thor so that would be better wouldn't it?)

ragnarok took alot from greek mythology:

greek name > Χάος (Cháos) Chaos ( The personification of nothingness from which all of existence sprang. Depicted as a void. Initially genderless, later on described as female.)

greek name > Θάνατος ("Thánatos") Thanatos (god of Death. Brother to Hypnos (Sleep) and in some cases Moros (Doom)

the list goes on but 

greek name > Poseidon (/pəˈsaɪdən, pɒ-, poʊ-/;[1] Greek: Ποσειδῶν, pronounced [pose͜edɔ́͜ɔn]) was one of the twelve Olympian deities of the pantheon in Greek mythology.

:D

#141 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:37 PM

Yeah but they also have robots and gunslingers

and ninjas

and krakens

Edited by Xellie, 25 August 2016 - 02:38 PM.

#142 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Im amused
Not in a good way

Edited by Ashuckel, 25 August 2016 - 02:41 PM.

#143 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:46 PM

The people at Jack In The Box thank you for making their jobs easier.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 25 August 2016 - 03:00 PM.
Replaced, I know this is way too random but better not mention the illegal program name again. Thank you!

#144 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:49 PM

Yeah but they also have robots and gunslingers

and ninjas

and krakens

ragnarok the manga created by Lee Myung-jin that our game and its storyline is based copied alot from greek mythology.

Unfortunately mr lee stop making more ragnarok manga chapters leaving the story unfinished. KRO had to bring new content to appease its players but with no Ragnarok chapters they where forced to make up the rest of the story.........

i guess some one in KRO story writing department decided adding robots made sense... or does the manga have robots? i never it  :huh:

but hey since they got robots might as call the server MACROSS :D

Edited by dagger47, 25 August 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#145 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

we cant have jro's extreme customization because that is a lot of work for gravity to do for a single publisher on a game where they cut corners everywhere

#146 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:51 PM

Not only greek! There's Egyptian too you know!

#147 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:01 PM

krakens? tentacles grabbing xellie in suggestive manner in front of me? yes please

#148 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:02 PM

we cant have jro's extreme customization because that is a lot of work for gravity to do for a single publisher on a game where they cut corners everywhere

a great man once said.....''we do these things not because they are easy but because they are hard''

i hope there is at least 1 developer at warpportal who dreams of making a game thats incredibility fun.... a game thats an experience...

ragnarok has lost its way and with it its flame....but we still have an opportunity to change its current destination ...shoot for the stars  i say....

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

krakens? tentacles grabbing xellie in suggestive manner in front of me? yes please

step in my castle so I can castrate you please.

#150 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

it doesn't matter if a dev at warpportal wants to do anything because they don't have the source code to do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users