People were leaving or bots were getting banned? - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

People were leaving or bots were getting banned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

#151 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:08 PM

Hi guys, I mean no flames. I have been playing RO since 2004 and this has been a trend. A drop in population happens and people think that the game is dying. I have been in and out of the game myself. I've thought of playing other games seriously but I always end up in RO. Nothing compares to it (MMORPG), IMO. The mood is always light and happy. The surroundings look a lot like how animes are, etc. This is the only game I have played that you can actually afk and still feel connected to the game.

Bottomline: People will keep coming back to the game. Like I have said I have gone in and out of the game. I started 2004. It's 2016 and I'm still playing. I've graduated college, become a professional, got married, got a kid, and my own house. Still RO is the main reason I buy a PC and not a MAC.

#152 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:12 PM

it doesn't matter if a dev at warpportal wants to do anything because they don't have the source code to do it

but ragnarok online source code is all over the internet  :huh: and i specifically rem campitor/oda saying their development team/person at warpportal is capable of creating unique content of our own.

#153 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

Right now bRO has an event where ppl have to Lile and Share the promotional fb post amd when it meets a certain number of like/share, players get few BMs and EXP potions as rewards, and if the popularity is very high they get the grand prize of activating server exp/drop bonus for 1 week.
Guess what, its being pretty successfull so far, with hundreds of likes/sharing. And all it required from LU! was a cool image and a fb posting :v
Dont miss your oportunities WP

https://www.facebook...xtreme/?fref=ts

How about 526k likes on facebook page? Anything players will get? :p_devil: :p_angel:

Not really sure because I dont really follow their forums closely, but seems they're having the RTC 2016 event and the winner will receive approximately 29k USD as a prize :wall: :wall: :wall:

#154 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:14 PM

but ragnarok online source code is all over the internet  :huh: and i specifically rem campitor/oda saying their development team/person at warpportal is capable of creating unique content of our own.

Noooooooooo

#155 7419140518024105410

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:15 PM

https://www.facebook...xtreme/?fref=ts

How about 526k likes on facebook page? Anything players will get? :p_devil: :p_angel:

Not really sure because I dont really follow their forums closely, but seems they're having the RTC 2016 event and the winner will receive approximately 29k USD as a prize :wall: :wall: :wall:

Esports has blown up the past few years.. it's about they bring back really competitive Agit Lords and GvGs. Put that pot money in, old players will pour back in.

#156 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:19 PM

Noooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooppppppp

#157 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

Since players do not have powerful gears, they do have to play as a party! 

???

#158 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:24 PM

that is eAthena source code which does not work with any aegis bins or scripts and does not work with the current database and not to mention highly illegal for warpportal to use

unless of course you mean aegis leaks...which of course will need to be decompiled into machine code which is nearly impossible to work with sometimes

Edited by needmorezleep, 25 August 2016 - 03:27 PM.

#159 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hey folks, please don't be using pserver terms, engine names, bot program names on the forums. Thank you. 

#160 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:31 PM

Thomas, Gordon, Percy. Engine names, come @ me Oda.

#161 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

#162 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

This thread is now about trains.....

#163 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:35 PM

Hi guys, I mean no flames. I have been playing RO since 2004 and this has been a trend. A drop in population happens and people think that the game is dying. I have been in and out of the game myself. I've thought of playing other games seriously but I always end up in RO. Nothing compares to it (MMORPG), IMO. The mood is always light and happy. The surroundings look a lot like how animes are, etc. This is the only game I have played that you can actually afk and still feel connected to the game.

Bottomline: People will keep coming back to the game. Like I have said I have gone in and out of the game. I started 2004. It's 2016 and I'm still playing. I've graduated college, become a professional, got married, got a kid, and my own house. Still RO is the main reason I buy a PC and not a MAC.

ragnarok online is a good game but its mechanics are underdeveloped...After many years a game creator is able to perfect their art/vision/game.

Unfortunately ragnarok was abandoned  but its original creator so it didnt get the evolution it should have. instead KRO (with no AMAZING VISION like ragnarok orginal creator ) just added more of the same ontop each year.....

JRO how eve took ragnarok online and fine tuned its mechanics and the entire game in general.....taking it up another level.

that you call a real developer....

why be good when we could be great....

as a developer im sure campitor will agree.....so give us poseidon  :mad:

Edited by dagger47, 25 August 2016 - 03:42 PM.

#164 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:36 PM

#165 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

#166 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:40 PM

ragnarok online is a good game but its mechanics are underdeveloped...After many years a game creator is able to perfect their art/vision/game.

Unfortunately ragnarok was abandoned  but its original creator so it didnt get the evolution it should have. instead KRO (with no AMAZING VISION like ragnarok orginal creator ) just added more of the same ontop each year.....

JRO how eve took ragnarok online and fine tuned its mechanics and the entire game in general.....taking it up another level.

because in the korean game world to them they would rather sink the company over admit to being wrong almost any day as you can see in many korean games

also based on how tree is doing it looks like the creator of ro  didn't have much vision after all and ro would of been sunk in years

#167 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Since players do not have powerful gears, they do have to play as a party! 

???

You read what he wrote just fine.How many people who solo stuff using +4 to +6 gear do you think we have here?

Edited by Hikusaak, 25 August 2016 - 03:43 PM.

#168 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

eeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow the thread is officially derailed, figuratively, logically, physically, spiritually, and mentally.

#169 Jezs69

Jezs69

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:54 PM

I left because then didn't implement the penetration set.

So did around 10 of my friends. A couple more stayed but since we weren't playing anymore, they left as well.

Now I check on the forums occasionally to check on updates but never played since.

Congratulations to Campitor for slowly killing the server and driving away paying customers.

SALTY hahahahaha

#170 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

^ lmfao hahahahahahhahahaha I'm already bored and just chilling right now anyway. It is Friday tomorrow. I'm so ready for this! xD

#171 dagger47

dagger47

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:57 PM

because in the korean game world to them they would rather sink the company over admit to being wrong almost any day as you can see in many korean games

also based on how tree is doing it looks like the creator of ro  didn't have much vision after all and ro would of been sunk in years

some people only achieve  greatness once in their life time.....just how most sequels to rare amazing movies dnt even come close....

or how from a million authors... one after writing  hundreds of crap books in his life, writes  1 book.....that can effect you physically...

Ragnarok online was the original creators ( hak kyu kim ) baby.....his once in a life master piece.....im sure if he was still with us the would have taken it up a level.

Edited by dagger47, 25 August 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#172 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:58 PM

I left because then didn't implement the penetration set.

So did around 10 of my friends. A couple more stayed but since we weren't playing anymore, they left as well.

Now I check on the forums occasionally to check on updates but never played since.

Congratulations to Campitor for slowly killing the server and driving away paying customers.

SALTY hahahahaha

That's noob.

The game has issues not because it doesn't have the penetration set. It's the other things. Get your head screwed on correctly.

#173 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

some people only achieve  greatness once in their life time.....just how most sequels to rare amazing movies dnt even come close....

or how from a million authors... one after writing  hundreds of crap books in his life, writes  1 book.....that can effect you physically...

Ragnarok online was the original creators ( hak kyu kim ) baby.....his once in a life master piece.....im sure if he was still with us the would have taken it up a level.

Or it would have ended up like that other game that is actually pretty terrible.

#174 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:20 PM

Is there a way I can block out all posts by someone. I need that in my life, I'm so -_- annoyed. 

#175 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

as a developer im sure campitor will agree.....so give us poseidon  :mad:

You can buyout iRO and do watever you want.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users