People were leaving or bots were getting banned? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

People were leaving or bots were getting banned?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

#101 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

Well Oda and Campitor in a bed is a fanfiction we don't need to be reminded of.

Edited by Toxn, 24 August 2016 - 08:23 PM.

#102 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

I like how you said Oda and 'another CM' but not yourself. :u

Leadership

#103 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Campitor admin abuse.

#104 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:14 PM

Well Oda and Campitor in a bed is a fanfiction we don't need to be reminded of.

Could've sworn it was Oda and Hastur.

#105 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

You guys should know that I am a nice guy because any other CM would have glassed that thread...

#106 havemybaby

havemybaby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

this game is too repetitive after you reach a certain point. Doing the same thing over and over again. You will start to consider whether you are playing this game or this game is playing you.

New episode update wont solve your problem.

New episode update is mainly a bait for old player to return to this game. But remember, most of them can blow away the content in a couple of days. So after that, they will back to afking. Or you know, quitting again. 

My advice is whether you start thinking about how to get new player, or what is the best way to milk your current player. Btw, hat seem to be a nice bait.

#107 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 24 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

I am but a college student, I still find time to play this game atleast a few hours in a week.

I lead a nearly unnoticable guild

4~6 man per woe

We were around 30 back in pRO, supplies were easy to get back then due to overinflation and RMT being legal.

How can I even consider forcing my guildmates to go back even if atleast in WoE till they gradually enjoy playing the rest of this game if I can't even give em enough supply to WoE?

.....make Castle Rooms help ease the burden of supplying mates pls, 1~3 TB every other day is never gonna be enough. (and that is if we actually get lucky nuff to claim a castle)

##########################

ALSO

https://forums.warpp...or-each-server/

and 

an iRO version of the Agit Lords for there really isn't enough bloodlust in WoE aside from TT-intended clashes between huge guilds

(sample link)

http://levelupgames....it-lord-online/

#108 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:00 AM

Could've sworn it was Oda and Hastur.

I am so erotically confused right now.

Those are some pretty good fanfic's, sure beats a "Mermaid Melody" fandub.

Any chances Myzery would write one about me?

#109 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

Thank goodness oda is a nice guy or he would have glassed the whole world of ro because of that fandom lmao.

#110 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:28 AM

Be glad alice is not here

#111 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:45 AM

All i wanted is that the "Turn in all monsters" worked even if some of the counts arent completed, just so you dont have to do them 1 by 1 a lot of times :/

I always thought that an option like "Turn in all completed bounties" could exist. I also always wanted to be able to TI a bounty which I came close to completion (140+), even with an exp penalty over the proportional exp (Like 90% of 140/150 of the bounty's exp). I hate it when I have to walk a lots of maps just to kill a couple of monsters, specially when it's El Dicastes BBs.

#112 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

OK, I am playing IRO and JRO at the same time, I think it would be good to share something with u guys:

JRO has about 10 severs, and one of the most popular server has more ppl than IRO.

Before I start, I should let you guys know that JRO can realease or change anything in their server without permission from Korea. IRO GM team do not have such authority, so basically IRO team could do nothing but follow KRO; this is not good because different servers have different situation, patch from KRO might not be good for IRO. 

Here is something which makes JRO unique:

1. JRO has "gameguard"(which is used for almost all new online games) to against bot and bug, so they have almost zero bots, and duplication bug never exist.

2. JRO has balanced class skills, for example: longer delay/CD for dragon breath, lower damage but no CD for Arrow Storm.

3. Instance/dungeon in JRO has very good base/job exp, so players are encouraged to do daily quest for leveling up.

4. There is no exp penalty in JRO, so low level players prefer to group up and hunt some monsters which are even level 30+ higher . When I was a 70 Lord Knight, I joined a party which all players are about level 70 and hunt those level 100+ monsters, this is so instersting, those 100+ monsters are so powerful, so it is as hard as hunting MVP, of course the exp is also awesome!!!    : D    Imagine 12 low level players work as a team to kill a Bloody Knight and after we killed it, everyone leveled up!

5.In JRO, it is hard to get high refined gears, they do have enriched elunium/oridecon, but you need to spend about 25 usd for 1 piece!(not 1 box but 1 piece!), in other word, most players still using +4~+6 gears. Since players do not have powerful gears, they do have to play as a party! What about IRO? It is not that hard to get +12, so many players can solo ti/instance/dungeon, and I think this might be an important reason for those leaving people: this is a MMORPG, if I can solo for most of time, why I still need to play it? Btw, because of the expensive enriched elunium/oridecon, refine gears by players(blacksmith) is still the most popular way.

6. As I said, JRO can release anything they want without permission from Korea. Here is an interesting weapon from them:

It is upgraded from Muramasa

• Type: Two-hand sword
  • ATK:75
  • For every base STR, ATK+1
  • If base STR>=95, ATK +40
  • If base STR>=108, adds an additional ATK +80
  • If base STR>=120, adds an additional ATK +160
  • If refined to +7 or higher, adds a chance of inflicting [Curse] on 11X11 targets when attacking
  • If refined to +9 or higher, when using [Frenzy], will auto-cast lv5 [Maximum Power-Thrust] at the same time.

I am pretty sure many RK players will love this sword, and this weapon wont affect PVP/WOE, two hand means no demi human reduction and Frenzy is kind of useless there; so we do not need to worry about balance; THIS IS JUST ONE OF THOSE INTERESTING GEARS!

7. Endless Tower is challenging, think about Ktullanux and Ifrit at the same floor, and JRO players have to kill them with +4 +5 gears; so yeah, team work!

8. JRO has special MVP dungeons with interesting design, for example, there is a MVP which can change color, when the MVP is red, all players have to sit down to doge the deadly attack (it can also kill Monk in Mental Strength); when MVP is yellow, all players have to turn around to avoid [Stone Curse]. Yes, in such dungeon, teamwork>>>godly gears

9. JRO redesigned the costume for 3rd classes, you can easily find them on google. Yes please, gx is so damn ugly here!!!!

Generally speaking, please find s way to encourage players to play as a team, this is a MMORPG! Players need more interesting gears, I mean interesting not powerful.

Edited by zx56vb, 25 August 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#113 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:00 AM

4. There is no exp penalty in JRO, so low level players prefer to group up and hunt some monsters which are even level 30+ higher . When I was a 70 Lord Knight, I joined a party which all players are about level 70 and hunt those level 100+ monsters, this is so instersting, those 100+ monsters are so powerful, so it is as hard as hunting MVP, of course the exp is also awesome!!!    : D    Imagine 12 low level players work as a team to kill a Bloody Knight and after we killed it, everyone leveled up!

That is a big deal. It's part of why I don't like renewal. But that's how people level on Classic.... minus a party because everyone is an antisocial jerk.

#114 4782131221082418730

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2370 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

You missed one thing. JRO has money which iRO doesn't have.

#115 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:10 AM

You missed one thing. JRO has money which iRO doesn't have.

hahaha,true, sadly, lol

#116 Casval17

Casval17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationAxis Debris
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

Just Read zx56vb post ^

I felt JRo is another ideal Ragnarok Online MMORPG server beside KRo.

All those partying stuff against stronger monsters, More control on P2W content, Custom Balancing on Class and gears, Privilege to launch unique content update and autonomy to decide implement or not implement update from KRo devs , etc.

The challenge is real and give Oldschool RO nostalgic feelings, no wonders JRo can retain their playerbase well and manage to hold up 10 servers for their players :P

#117 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:30 AM

1. JRO has "gameguard"(which is used for almost all new online games) to against bot and bug, so they have almost zero bots, and duplication bug never exist.

2. JRO has balanced class skills, for example: longer delay/CD for dragon breath, lower damage but no CD for Arrow Storm.

3. Instance/dungeon in JRO has very good base/job exp, so players are encouraged to do daily quest for leveling up.

:rice:  :rice:  :rice:

#118 Khaioz

Khaioz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:33 AM

OK, I am playing IRO and JRO at the same time, I think it would be good to share something with u guys:

JRO has about 10 severs, and one of the most popular server has more ppl than IRO.

Before I start, I should let you guys know that JRO can realease or change anything in their server without permission from Korea. IRO GM team do not have such authority, so basically IRO team could do nothing but follow KRO; this is not good because different servers have different situation, patch from KRO might not be good for IRO. 

5.In JRO, it is hard to get high refined gears, they do have enriched elunium/oridecon, but you need to spend about 25 usd for 1 piece!(not 1 box but 1 piece!), in other word, most players still using +4~+6 gears. Since players do not have powerful gears, they do have to play as a party! What about IRO? It is not that hard to get +12, so many players can solo ti/instance/dungeon, and I think this might be an important reason for those leaving people: this is a MMORPG, if I can solo for most of time, why I still need to play it?

6. As I said, JRO can release anything they want without permission from Korea. Here is an interesting weapon from them:

It is upgraded from Muramasa

• Type: Two-hand sword
  • ATK:75
  • For every base STR, ATK+1
  • If base STR>=95, ATK +40
  • If base STR>=108, adds an additional ATK +80
  • If base STR>=120, adds an additional ATK +160
  • If refined to +7 or higher, adds a chance of inflicting [Curse] on 11X11 targets when attacking
  • If refined to +9 or higher, when using [Frenzy], will auto-cast lv5 [Maximum Power-Thrust] at the same time.

I am pretty sure many RK players will love this sword, and this weapon wont affect PVP/WOE, two hand means no demi human reduction and Frenzy is kind of useless there; so we do not need to worry about balance; THIS IS JUST ONE OF THOSE INTERESTING GEARS!

7. Endless Tower is challenging, think about Ktullanux and Ifrit at the same floor, and JRO players have to kill them with +4 +5 gears; so yeah, team work!

8. JRO has special MVP dungeons with interesting design, for example, there is a MVP which can change color, when the MVP is red, all players have to sit down to doge the deadly attack (it can also kill Monk in Mental Strength); when MVP is yellow, all players have to turn around to avoid [Stone Curse]. Yes, in such dungeon, teamwork>>>godly gears

9. JRO redesigned the costume for 3rd classes, you can easily find them on google. Yes please, gx is so damn ugly here!!!!

Generally speaking, please find s way to encourage players to play as a team, this is a MMORPG! Players need more interesting gears, I mean interesting not powerful.

Your points are very solid
If only iRO can follow jRO's footsteps (not immediately, just little by little, depending on iRO's current state)
Players might stay loyal to this game for a long time

#119 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

I wonder how much lower is their Arrow Storm, coz i saw 999k ASs there already :v

#120 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

I wonder how much lower is their Arrow Storm, coz i saw 999k ASs there already :v

jRO AS with 100% delay :u

#121 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

AS is nurfed in WOE : D

#122 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:04 AM

I would like to put in an honest thought here:

In the case of the cost of a piece of enriched Elu, i do agree that iRO has been extremely generous in its 50 box per 10 bucks, but i do also know that if we were to follow such a jRO example, it would definately lead the population to further distribute into social classes as it already is. Even if say we tailor it to 5 USD per enrich (looking at statistics of the average daily income earned by the average american) you will get the mass screaming that iRO is greedy and that its even more p2w, i certainly wouldnt mind if we went this route but only because i support this game.........and Oda's bulimic eating habits.

We also have to look at the values, lifestyle and social norms placed within their cultures, people from eastern societies usually grow up with the values that doing things requires definite hard labourous work, whereas with the current westernized view, we are always wanting greater instant gratification, i dont mean to say we arent a bunch of hardworking people, but comparing a server with a culture that has very different values, lifestyle and social norms to our server does not entirely argue a strong point.

A final point is besides gameguard, i know Gung-Ho needs you to put in a Japanese passport in order to make an account. This would not work for warpportal because this entails they are dealing with very confidential information not just from their own country, but from all other countries that had to migrate into the server,i cannot see how warpportal can have such rights to this if at all. kRO suffers their bot problem also due to lists of names and passport numbers being leaked onto the internet. i remember when many people wanted to play RO2:GOTW, it required you to input your korean passport information, at that time there were many lists of names and passport numbers leaked around

Edited by PervySageMarty, 25 August 2016 - 10:15 AM.

#123 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Your points are very solid
If only iRO can follow jRO's footsteps (not immediately, just little by little, depending on iRO's current state)
Players might stay loyal to this game for a long time

A few of them are not possible anymore (like 4) or will take a very long time to become reality because we're dependant on kRO for development (like 6, maybe 2...), but 1 to 4 seem doable... however, if 4 were implemented, the most likely scenario is that stablished players would be able to solo level their new characters even quicker, due to their gears. :P

They could, though, slowly and gradually increase the KP price on enriched ores... Don't need to get to the point where a single enriched ori/elu would cost 2500 KP, but if we get to the point where a single 50 box cost 2500 KP in the course of two years, I believe this change wouldn't be taken that badly... then again, it's very questionable if it would be good or bad for the server at this point in time. Unless tons of new gears that surpass the current ones are released in the meanwhile, this kind of change seem fruitless.

#124 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:21 AM

1. Gameguard does nothing, twRO implemented gameguard to try and fight off the bot problem and it did NOTHING. It actually hurt the normal players more cause it was so laggy. jRO ended up having no bots because ALL of the jRO players gathered in prontera and ALL of them put up a chatroom saying get rid of bots or we quit. It was a major event in jRO 

3cdd7863e48c9165ef543e1e4fbc604b.JPG

2317295c4e4e9833ee07e20c7926a539.JPG

3ea4edd30589326665f1cf49c547e539.JPG

You get the idea but this was in every town and everywhere. Not just these few. It was so bad it made media. 

ronhk.jpg

I don't know how jRO Gungho actually got rid of all the bots but they did it, but it definitely wasn't gameguard. 

2. jRO can edit anything because jRO is bought out by Gungho, one of the biggest gaming companies in Japan. (have games like Puzzle and dragon).

3. kRO actually in one interview with twRO said that they think the jRO formula for spells and balancing is a better for server stability and also balancing issues. But they never actually did it.

4. Most importantly jRO players are NICE. These are some of the nicest people ever. I lived in Japan and people were always helpful. And when I played jRO for the brief 1 month they have tons of community self ran events including this thing called flea market where they all gathered in one place on a day and sold stuff they don't really need and are good for newer players for extremely cheap. 

5. Gungho has some of the most amazing artist teams who are really good at making awesome headgears. They have tons of cute headgears that we don't have ;_; and also hairstyles.

Edited by Diskence, 25 August 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#125 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:32 AM

4. Most importantly jRO players are NICE. These are some of the nicest people ever. I lived in Japan and people were always helpful.

Can confirm, Japanese people are way nicer than Canadians.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users