Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Will skill bugs ever be fixed? What is being done about it?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:23 AM

Hissis, the point of taking a video or a screenshot demonstrating the bug on iRO is to show kRo team that this is not working as intended on our servers. Showing them a video from their servers might not have a strong impact as the first.

#52 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:41 AM

Hissis, the point of taking a video or a screenshot demonstrating the bug on iRO is to show kRo team that this is not working as intended on our servers. Showing them a video from their servers might not have a strong impact as the first.

I'll try to do something,idk why,i have no hope.

#53 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:29 PM

Or, when we send a bug report on a skill, staff themselves could test it and when deemed bugged, record the file themselves and send kRO themselves.

#54 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:45 PM

In regards to skill bugs: Last night we discussed this thread with kRO. They have requested that we provide replays of each skill bug. So what were going to do is go down the list and see what replays we have and don't have yet. Then for skills which we don't have replays for we will generate themselves or create a bounty for turning them in.

#55 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

Camp, the copy+paste failed.

#56 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

Camp, the copy+paste failed.

Fixed it

#57 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

In regards to skill bugs: Last night we discussed this thread with kRO. They have requested that we provide replays of each skill bug. So what were going to do is go down the list and see what replays we have and don't have yet. Then for skills which we don't have replays for we will generate themselves or create a bounty for turning them in.

I can take care of recording the expanded class skill bugs if this is REALLY going to make those classes at least playable.

Gravity could start taking care about the easy bug fixes (missing animations),just to send us something fast.

@edit

Can i send youtube videos or only Replay files? Youtube seems easier to explain the bug.

Edited by Hissis, 27 October 2016 - 01:17 PM.

#58 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 27 October 2016 - 08:58 PM

Were coming up on 10 years of asking for these things and stuff is still broken.

I have a solution tho:

1. Every stop buying KP
2. Create a Corportation where everyone who buys KP is a board member.
3. Buy 51% of Gravity Stock with KP money. (Hostile Takeover /bzz)
4. Force them to fix it.
5. Everyone now happy.

Since my solution is not going to happen everyone still sad.

Edited by stoenr, 27 October 2016 - 08:58 PM.

#59 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:15 PM

Bounty you say...?

Might have to learn how to do the replay feature. Got a few unreported ones myself. Just been lazy/busy with iROwiki

#60 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:18 PM

I'm glad to see some response. I would be more than happy to help document/video the bugs if this will actually lead to an effective form of action.

@Hissis, I can do some of the magic bugs for Kageou since I have that, in addition to flip tatami. 

@Campitor,I think making a "Bounty" system of it would be interesting and certainly inspire the community to help further document these bugs (and in a sense would alleviate the time spent by you guys doing it which saves money :D)

So it looks like the plan of action is: 

1. Figure out which videos we have of the bugs listed

2. Create a place (or piggy back off of Hissis post) to document the bugs and videos

3. Perhaps create a bounty system to promote the community helping out fix IRO. 

#61 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:01 AM

I'm glad to see some response. I would be more than happy to help document/video the bugs if this will actually lead to an effective form of action.

@Hissis, I can do some of the magic bugs for Kageou since I have that, in addition to flip tatami. 

@Campitor,I think making a "Bounty" system of it would be interesting and certainly inspire the community to help further document these bugs (and in a sense would alleviate the time spent by you guys doing it which saves money :D)

So it looks like the plan of action is: 

1. Figure out which videos we have of the bugs listed

2. Create a place (or piggy back off of Hissis post) to document the bugs and videos

3. Perhaps create a bounty system to promote the community helping out fix IRO. 

I can do the Rebel then, but i still don't know if Cast Ninja spells works like divine pride description on kRO :/

and yeah,camp could create a place for us to place those replays/videos and he can check each one before sending to gravity.

#62 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 04:37 AM

Or, when we send a bug report on a skill, staff themselves could test it and when deemed bugged, record the file themselves and send kRO themselves.

either they dont get paid that much for it or they do not know how their game work

#63 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:47 AM

By the way guys, when testing skills, don't forget there are the training eggs in the Izlude Academy that have massive amounts of life. Great for testing skills on.

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Would be nice if we got the dummy update so we don't have to rely on novice eggs.

#65 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

I thought there were some training dummies in Prontera also.

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:08 AM

I mean on the live servers, not Sakray.

#67 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

So like not to be mean and all,

but did yall even talked to them about the thread?

cause i can swear some people like me been complaining for years and nothing was fixed lol

#68 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:40 PM

Any progress my home brew skillet? Wasn't certain if you were going to make a separate thread, or if you've even had a chance to look at what you guys have in stock. 

On another note, feel free to start posting bug videos here if you have them lying around ----> https://forums.warpp...issing-patches/

At least that we we can start preparing a long list of documentation to get our classes fixed :D  

#69 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Hey Campitor, I hate to bug you but have you made any progress on seeing what replays you guys have? Or am I going to have to pester you guys another 2 weeks before the community hears anything regarding fixing bugs.

Just trying to help.
Please and thankyou.

#70 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

Hey Campitor, I hate to bug you but have you made any progress on seeing what replays you guys have? Or am I going to have to pester you guys another 2 weeks before the community hears anything regarding fixing bugs.

Just trying to help.
Please and thankyou.

Don't expect a fix until next century

#71 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

I see Severe Rainstorm position bug is fixed

nothing else seems fixed with my ***** list

-___-

Edited by VModCinnamon, 05 November 2016 - 12:42 AM.
Removed

#72 Mikael31

Mikael31

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:23 PM

Lux Anima Rune

#73 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:41 AM

Don't expect a fix until next century

Haha, I had some hope. Welp, another couple weeks of poking and prodding and nothing. Perhaps its time for another one of my 1/2 - 1 yr breaks I take to see if my favorite class has anything done to it. Although, the last few breaks I took proved unfruitful in that regard. 

#74 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

Haha, I had some hope. Welp, another couple weeks of poking and prodding and nothing. Perhaps its time for another one of my 1/2 - 1 yr breaks I take to see if my favorite class has anything done to it. Although, the last few breaks I took proved unfruitful in that regard. 

Is possible to see those bugs in 6 months~~ 1 year.

Some of them are really old.

#75 Zayik

Zayik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • LocationReno, Nevada

Posted 10 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

True dat. However, just maaaaybe we'll have rebel awakening which . . . wait, Doram comes before that, right??? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users