[R] iRO Chaos WoE TE - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 9 votes

[R] iRO Chaos WoE TE

• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#101 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:45 AM

and nobody wants to be the losing side naturally.

btw since im never into woe politics to begin with does DST always means they will also shift woe times in response? I am not sure since I have only seen this issue occur once a year.

Yes. So next time the clocks change woe will be 1 hour earlier for everyone that doesn't have DST.

#102 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2016 - 06:50 AM

He is helping the TE scene by adjusting his sleeping schedual to be able to come to woe at 1am his time. So you can't be mad at him for calling other people out for not trying to do the same. Sorry I don't get the logic of him being "selfish and arrogant" over him making an adjustment to be able to continue to TE even tho it's a hard time for him.

Maybe your just to blind or something and can't see that he is trying to keep TE alive? Even tho its at an even worse time for him to participate in.

I never wrote he is selfish or arrogant... He wrote that referring to the people asking to bring the WoE TE back as it was before the time switch cause it's impossible for them to keep woeing cause of work. If he didn't wrote that stupidity in the first place i wouldn't even had replied to him, cause it's normal that one can adjust his time to do woe if he's willing to do so and disagree with our proposal. He is not a hero for that, just his choice. My renewal woe time is 1-3am and i'm not a hero neither.

Edited by meditation, 08 November 2016 - 06:51 AM.

#103 Silvervine

Silvervine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:00 AM

now we have to sleep at 1-2am then wake up at 4:30 am for work and school on monday.

most of us choose our real life obligation.

please understand that, we have 45-50 active member that cant do TE anymore.

if the TE time get earlier just 1 hour, we can bring the heat of big war in TE again.

#104 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:11 AM

If you're waking up at 4:30am then for your own health and safety (I sure hope you're not driving yourself to work!) you shouldn't be doing a 12-1am WoE either.  At that point, you'd be better off with a later time, and either going to bed a little earlier than normal to get a full night's rest in, or losing a few hours of sleep to wake up two hours earlier for TE.  Either way, if anything you'd want a later time, so you could get more sleep in before making TE a part of your monday morning routine before work/school.

Seriously though, 3 and a half hours of sleep (with the old time), even for just one night a week, is not good for your health.  No game is worth that.

#105 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

Or you go sleep earlier

#106 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:43 AM

I never wrote he is selfish or arrogant... He wrote that referring to the people asking to bring the WoE TE back as it was before the time switch cause it's impossible for them to keep woeing cause of work. If he didn't wrote that stupidity in the first place i wouldn't even had replied to him, cause it's normal that one can adjust his time to do woe if he's willing to do so and disagree with our proposal. He is not a hero for that, just his choice. My renewal woe time is 1-3am and i'm not a hero neither.

Okay now I see where you are coming from. I apologize for calling you out. But if you are going to wake up at 1am for woe then you are an RO hero because my ass isn't waking up that early for woe.

#107 ilcremonese

ilcremonese

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Locationnext the trumpet player

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:53 AM

LOL, Ambrosia TE had "84" members in it, almost half of them is not active since god knows when. If you are talking about Ambrosia, I am sure 45+ player disagree with the change of time. If "ALL" member of the guild disagree, that would be at least 84 players who disagree.  :heh:

wait a sec, so is this about ambrosia guild? because you make it like, without your guild this woe te is nothing.

tho I knew some of your guild member who still want to continue to fight even with change of time.

"think it's so selfish and arrogant if you think this woe te will affect much just because some asian player from certain guild can't join woe. if you can't wake up then sleep and see you next year, but if you wanna join woe make your guild improve then wake up. just simple as that."

Big, not sure if you are blind or what but this was his previous statement, which is pretty stupid and dull if you are aware of the current TE scene and the fact it is almost dead. I was replying to that statement. So please read carefully everything before quoting.

I don't know which part is stupid, sir.

it's like mr big said, I'll definitely sleep if I don't care with woe. but nope. I still want to continue with the war, I just simply adjusting my sleeping time.

once again, it's just me. Idk if maybe you need your beauty sleep, or you got punished by your partner for stay awake till pass midnight, or you feeling too old to stay awake. idk sir. it's just me. I'm just giving my point.

Edited by ilcremonese, 08 November 2016 - 08:00 AM.

#108 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:01 AM

Okay now I see where you are coming from. I apologize for calling you out. But if you are going to wake up at 1am for woe then you are an RO hero because my ass isn't waking up that early for woe.

No problem. And i'm not waking up that early, i'm just forced to not going to bed and to go to sleep at 3.30 am or so after woe is done.

#109 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

wait a sec, so is this about ambrosia guild? because you make it like, without your guild this woe te is nothing.

tho I knew some of your guild member who still want to continue to fight even with change of time.

it's like mr big said, I'll definitely sleep if I don't care with woe. but nope. I still want to continue with the war, I just simply adjusting my sleeping time.

once again, it's just me. Idk if maybe you need your beauty sleep, or you got punished by your partner for stay awake till pass midnight, or you feeling too old to stay awake. idk sir. it's just me. I'm just giving my point.

I don't have a partner, i'm a freelance and i can do whatever i want with my life.

But you know people usually got a family, work, school and going to sleep at 2am to wake up then at 4.30-5am is not really a choice they can take. They are just forced to leave the scene when, as i already wrote this is an international server, not a USA server and USA people are already favoured when it comes to renewal woe and events hosted by iRO Staff etc.

#110 Ningsih

Ningsih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:07 AM

why is it such a big deal? if you are really that dedicated to TE you can, like, sleep from 9-11 pm and wake up to do prep and woe from 11-1 am, and sleep again after that till, what 4/6 am? (or you can adjust that to your own liking)

most of yall are grown ups, make your own schedule. you people can wake up at certain time to watch football but cant do that to woe?

so much for being dedicated :ani_shy:

#111 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:08 AM

I'm ok with the change of time, it's pass midnight tho.
it's international server, not based on some region. and this war is not about some big guilds. I think it's so selfish and arrogant if you think this woe te will affect much just because some asian player from certain guild can't join woe. if you can't wake up then sleep and see you next year, but if you wanna join woe make your guild improve then wake up. just simple as that.

Please understand that WoE TE time itself changed for them but not for us. Than you will not see a guild wich is forced to quit woe te because pepole cannot participate wich you worked with the whole year.

Do not expect a guild leader to come back next year and organize a woe again from scratch while his guild vanished. WoE attendance greatly depends on those few individuals organizing theyre guild, gearing, lvling, supplying, improoving alltogether. It will be enourmous disheartening and finding the motivation to get all back to where you were before juist to be forced to quit again?

Oure past has clearly shown when +13 Ice Pick / Muramasa and when 3Stars quit WoE TE entirly because of this time issue. The pepole speaking about it were greatly the minority and hence had to adapt.
What happened, they quit the woe scene and never came back.

Please understand that this time the scene changed while those playing with a comfortable timezone are now in the minority and those wich cant join are in greater numbers.

Having a WoE reduced to 50 attendance overall instead of having a 150~ will greatly kill this WoE and its population.

I live in +8 GMT region, and still find that the new schedule for te is still acceptable.
It is okay if big guilds quit te, cause maybe it is time for small guilds to improve and get the spotlight too. Hopefully next year all of em can compete and fight!

Currently im having a hart time to understand you, small guilds dont sudently grow, nither might it be theyre choice overall to grow. Maby they wanna play with theyre family and friends and thats it!?
You cannot expect small guilds to shine up juist because the scene is dead. What will happen is that there is no guilds left and we do not want bigger guilds fighting pointless fights 40 v 4-10 pepole.

Small guild might wanna stay small, its a decition not a opportunity to grow, we have to respect that decition theyre leader makes. Theres no reason for others to tell him, yo grow and shine in woe.
Might be fun for you to hope that, reality is different, the bigger the guild more time will it consume to have it running long term.

Can someone please tell me it was someone else who hacked into his forum account and said this?

Nobody hacked my forum account. Have lots of thanks for youre very important statemant and caring for others. Redemption allways cared for a WoE Balance!! But this topic isnt the issue here and i wont go further into explaining myself.

Yes. So next time the clocks change woe will be 1 hour earlier for everyone that doesn't have DST.

I believe that we should have a new discussion and viewing the time change regarding the new woe scene and adjusting it forword +1 hour to adjust would make a lot of sence.

Id like to quote you on this aswell. Please try and understand that its not necessary for the majority of the WoE TE population to adjust theyre scedule because DST Time swich.
Lets be honest and let me share my point of view.

One Guild quits, everyone else will suffer. Personally i do respect the decitions the small guilds have and will make tho as the past showed pepole didnt care about 2 guilds quitting because they werent the majority of WoE TE. My guild cares and so does the guild wich cant participates hence 60-70% of the WoE TE Population do care about this time.

In general why not swich it back? 

How can you know that by swiching it back not suddently Muramasa says hey, now i can live with this and maby i can bring back my old guild to woe again, and wont have to worry about next year towords the woe te time and my guild members disappearing !?

What are we really risking here, im not sure if this is clear to everyone, i do deeply hope you try to understand and consider this possibility.

Edited by Schitter, 08 November 2016 - 08:14 AM.

#112 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:15 AM

why is it such a big deal? if you are really that dedicated to TE you can, like, sleep from 9-11 pm and wake up to do prep and woe from 11-1 am, and sleep again after that till, what 4/6 am? (or you can adjust that to your own liking)

most of yall are grown ups, make your own schedule. you people can wake up at certain time to watch football but cant do that to woe?
so much for being dedicated :ani_shy:

That's what I do for woe 1. I start work at 3am cali time so when I get off work I take a 2 hour nap before woe. Then after woe I sleep again to get the rest of my sleep before work again the next day.

#113 AAEM

AAEM

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:04 AM

LOL! Did you even read whats the OP about? Did you lost in translation?

#114 Thendz

Thendz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:27 AM

Hmmm...
From what i saw on this convo, it looks like its fine for the 'muricans to have a midnight woe.
The asians have been doing WoE around midnight, don't you think its the time for 'muricans be in asians' shoes? XD
So why don't change it like 12 a.m PST (sun) so that the asian time is like 3 p.m?
Pretty sure 'muricans can adjust the time way better, no? There will be no more excuse from asian side too, no?

#115 jamdonutjam

jamdonutjam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:30 AM

This argument works the other way around too. If you're really dedicated to WoE TE you can wake up one hour earlier and catch up on sleep after, or sleep one hour earlier to make up.

Now, its just a matter of who should adjust:

1. SEAsian players would do as you say and PST players wake up at 8 am Sunday.

2. SEA players get to have an earlier, continuous and more comfortable sleep and PST players wake up at 7 am Sunday.

Now consider that SEA players comprise of two groups, UTC+7 and UTC+8, TEing from 11-1am and 12-2am respectively, including prep time. American players on the other hand, PST, PST+1 and PST+2, TEing from 8-10am, 9-11am, 10-12nn. 

The current WoE times (1,2 and TE) are catered towards the server's American audience, with or without the time change. WoE 1 and 2 times in Asia are in the morning where they would be in school/work/bus to school. Some make sacrifices to attend, but this is not possible for everyone to do. Before the time change, there was a healthy Asian population participating in TE well since its during a decent-ish time of 11 Sunday evening. Why not give that time slot to them? 

Edited by jamdonutjam, 08 November 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#116 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

Hmmm...
From what i saw on this convo, it looks like its fine for the 'muricans to have a midnight woe.
The asians have been doing WoE around midnight, don't you think its the time for 'muricans be in asians' shoes? XD
So why don't change it like 12 a.m PST (sun) so that the asian time is like 3 p.m?
Pretty sure 'muricans can adjust the time way better, no? There will be no more excuse from asian side too, no?

I said I'll wake up at 7 to woe at 8am. Let's not get out of hand or I'm changing my vote for it to be moved up and hour haha.

#117 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

I was busy with real life stuff and didn't have time to check forums. None of my friends told me about this fun topic. I'm blocking all of you bad friends hahaha

Just dropping to say hi. Good read. I'm looking forward to seeing Schitter's WoE TE videos ^_^

#118 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

I was busy with real life stuff and didn't have time to check forums. None of my friends told me about this fun topic. I'm blocking all of you bad friends hahaha

Just dropping to say hi. Good read. I'm looking forward to seeing Schitter's WoE TE videos ^_^

Awww my buddy is back = D. You blocked me so I couldn't tell you about it haha

#119 Thendz

Thendz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

I said I'll wake up at 7 to woe at 8am. Let's not get out of hand or I'm changing my vote for it to be moved up and hour haha.

XD just stating the possibilities there cuz it'll be weekend for both side as opposed to current situation which is weekdays(#yaymonday) for asian and weekend for the other. And as long as giving opinion is free, i'll just give it a go. :D

#120 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

It's fine the way it is tho -.-

#121 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

XD just stating the possibilities there cuz it'll be weekend for both side as opposed to current situation which is weekdays(#yaymonday) for asian and weekend for the other. And as long as giving opinion is free, i'll just give it a go. :D

I'm cool with like a 8am or even 9am Saturday morning woe.

#122 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:56 AM

Then how about swich the WoE TE to Saturday same time instead of sunday where everyone has to like work the next day. Church shouldnt come in the way aswell !?

Tho im more against sat thn sunday id rather have a Active WoE than fighting the same old guild wich juist precasts or runs away.

I go to church on Saturday morning. This is how my local church works. I demand respect! :(

#123 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:57 AM

No, its not fine!

WoE TE if it stays like this will reduce its total attendance to a 50-70 isch player active WoE, and by fixing it back to what it was it would be a 150~ active woe scene.

Please do not be so "stubborn" and think nothing will change. Once woe is dead as im sure it will be, than any try on fixing this will be too late. And from that there will be no such easy fix to make it active again as there is now suggested.

#124 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:58 AM

I go to church on Saturday morning. This is how my local church works. I demand respect! :(

As of current you are not WoE TE Active !

#125 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Agreed, anyone saying to change it is just trying to benifit for themselves and there guild. Smh what horrible people.

Edited by Biggggg, 08 November 2016 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users