Lets talk Faceworm Skins and Eatgear - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lets talk Faceworm Skins and Eatgear

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#26 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:40 AM

not sure what the difference between this and eve natalia >.<

#27 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

eve natalia doesnt requires you to have a good geared 140+ character that can do the instance? :v

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:49 AM

I think Merry Badger needs a healthy update to make something like this viable.

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Please understand our issue isn't with the amount of reward that players get from the instance. But the specific nature (Safe Certs) of that reward.

#30 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:57 AM

Please understand our issue isn't with the amount of reward that players get from the instance. But the specific nature (Safe Certs) of that reward.

Yeah and it is a monster you created. One of the perks of being VIP was being able to do the summoner efficiently. Things like this are what keep people playing.
You realize that this affects mostly end game players, right? I could understand if you sold certs directly, but you do not. I have never heard anyone excited to buy lucky boxes just for the certs. Normally you get one for free, which could be a weapon cert that a lot of people do not want.

Overhauling the badge system would be pretty cool.

#31 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:58 AM

Maybe people should start proposing new badger items that could be worth farming for, that way the list could be updated.

#32 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

Maybe people should start proposing new badger items that could be worth farming for, that way the list could be updated.

WoE supplies like speed pots, food mats, WoE whites, starsand, etc.

More lofty prizes like the unfrozen set, other status sets, etc.

There is a lot of potential and the items I mentioned may not be perfect, but they do not detract from the cash shop.

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:02 AM

include cert box(gives a radom of the 3 types) on merry badger exchange? lol (at like, 6~8embs)

#34 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:04 AM

WoE supplies like speed pots, food mats, WoE whites, starsand, etc.

More lofty prizes like the unfrozen set, other status sets, etc.

There is a lot of potential and the items I mentioned may not be perfect, but they do not detract from the cash shop.

There is a lot of potential and people just gotta start proposing.

I noticed a few chats in game about how Faceworm is now RIP. News flash all, almost every instance RIPed when HTF (or NTF) was released.

Would rather see some fresh farming ideas than rehashed old ones :X

#35 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:08 AM

Please actually run the instance first and see the gear/supplies used to even complete it in a decent time and then see how often you actually get the +8 or +9 Faceworms.

Also as people have mentioned safe certs are normally just junk throw in to fill up a box and there are other ways to get them too ingame, are we going to remove those too. Heck while were at it 300kp to login every time please gotta hit those profits somehow!

But being serious thinking that changing this will somehow increase the sales of certs is quite silly, since no one actually opens a box to get certs, by changing the supply of A (Certs from faceworm) won't affect the demand of B (Certs in boxes lul) in this case.

#36 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:24 AM

$10 is a huge exaggeration. Especially since it's not that often one can get a +8/+9 skin, let alone a good enchanted one.

I do agree with Myz in regards to giving things like WoE supplies (a good amount) in Merry Badger. It'll definitely make people more inclined to do Faceworm at least.

#37 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:42 AM

It really has to be a good amount of supplies, or whatever the new rewards are going to be. I value a faceworm run at about 40mil (pre-ntf mca madness, so probably 30mil now?) That would mean if we could exchange for speed pots, for example, it would be roughly 750 speed pots earned per run, subtracting out the average value for the mca per run.

If the new rewards are in the current ballpark (barely 1mil for a good snake skin?), then it's not worth my time doing the instance at all, and honestly wouldn't even be worth picking up the snake skins 99% of the time.

I would do the instance if I could do it to farm woe supplies, like woe white boxes and speed pots. (A healthy amount, not like 5 speed pots per run). Those aren't very pvm friendly rewards however, and proper pvm rewards would have to be a choice as well.

#38 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:51 AM

It really has to be a good amount of supplies, or whatever the new rewards are going to be. I value a faceworm run at about 40mil (pre-ntf mca madness, so probably 30mil now?) That would mean if we could exchange for speed pots, for example, it would be roughly 750 speed pots earned per run, subtracting out the average value for the mca per run.

If the new rewards are in the current ballpark (barely 1mil for a good snake skin?), then it's not worth my time doing the instance at all, and honestly wouldn't even be worth picking up the snake skins 99% of the time.

I would do the instance if I could do it to farm woe supplies, like woe white boxes and speed pots. (A healthy amount, not like 5 speed pots per run). Those aren't very pvm friendly rewards however, and proper pvm rewards would have to be a choice as well.

MCA is now 17~19m, thanks NTF.

#39 Kimelym

Kimelym

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:44 PM

I dont see why you would do that. Why?

First: You need to be able of doing the instance, you have to lose time doing it in order to make zeny.

Second: The refine you get on the Skin Its pure luck, you dont get always a +7 or +9 or more.

Third: The MCA price is lower now than before, and the 1% drop of the faceworm queen leg is very low but fair.

What i feel and see, its that stuff like this just make me want to stop playing, you are becoming a lot p2w and the game loses that thing that

makes better than many others. Probably others who farm their zeny, and are not so constant on paying with real cash for obtaning stuff, feel the

same way. For me just leave it as it is. You are killing the fun 

#40 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 12:56 PM

MVP shadow gear box.

*Runs away*

#41 nheil02

nheil02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

lesson: don't make a customize permanent NPC like eat gear ingame.

Edited by nheil02, 16 December 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#42 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

MVP shadow gear box.

*Runs away*

*Shakes fist to the high heavens*

#43 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

Allow us to trade eden merit badge for bmx3 (please s2 s2)

#44 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 02:49 PM

There is a lot of potential and people just gotta start proposing.

I noticed a few chats in game about how Faceworm is now RIP. News flash all, almost every instance RIPed when HTF (or NTF) was released.

Would rather see some fresh farming ideas than rehashed old ones :X

People did propose though, lots of it too. But people stopped, not because people don't care anymore. It's the GM's lack of any form of interest/action in keeping the game alive that makes the community so pessimistic. Look at WoE Revitalization. There are 2 "serious" WoE guild now and we are still hearing nothing from the GM. But I guess if it just dies it wouldn't need fixing and when that happens RO can go die with it :)

From my understand in twRO and kRO white pots and WoE whites are not even the consumables they use for normal PvM/WoE. They have so much to choose from i.e. cookies, rice cakes etc. But we are still stuck using these -_-ty condensed pots because alchemists cry and bots will run out of business and these -_-ty WoE whites that are completely botted on from the investment machine. 

If I can write a rant about how bad you guys manage this game, which can honestly still earn you a large amount of revenue, it would be longer than CLG Link's Donezo Manifesto.  

EDIT: IM JUST RANDOMLY BABBLING DON'T MIND ME

Edited by Diskence, 16 December 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#45 Doomsquare

Doomsquare

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • Server:iRO Brooms \o/

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

From another viewpoint. 

What will then happen to the safe to 7 body certs prices. GFSS feeding from eat gear has been doing good to curb it's absurd pricing.

I remember once Safes to 7s were vending for 21m average.

also, ew why woe supplies. I don't woe

#46 acidbomber

acidbomber

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:59 PM

Nope,just...don't!  :hmm:

Actually...is a terrible idea,the one thing you're gonna get is that people will start quitting and the server will go down  :p_sad: 

#47 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

So people are saying that you can get 2 good skins tops per run, and that changing this one dynamic of the Faceworm Nest instance will destroy the reason to farm it? Even though as it stands two certs is at best 26m.

Am I missing something here that makes Faceworm currently really worth running for?

#48 aznspikey

aznspikey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

I thought that having eat gear take +10 and above items was a terrible idea from WP POV. They're pretty much giving away certs on a daily basis thru face worm and devil tower. Certs acquired in game should be difficult to achieve. For example, eve takes MVP gears from high level boss monsters or instances with long cooldowns i.e. ET/Nid. More certs in the market reduces the demand and its price. It also turns people off from buying boxes if certs appear in it. Either, reverts eat gear back to what it was before (it's not too late!) OR change the rewards to exclude certs or any high value kp item from a wp pov.

#49 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3524 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

1 instance run = chance to get 1 MCA 17m, 1 FQL 300m, 2 pcs GFSS. 10-15 minute instance

#50 netorinetero

netorinetero

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

add Oca. So ores, badges and oca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users