Doing Faceworm for WoE supplies only interests people doing it for WoE. Which won't interest any PvM players tbh.
People do the instance for money. Sure you can sell the supplies mentioned, but it won't equate the same. I've seen faceworm skins sold between 100m - 1b if you get the right enchants and upgrade.
Comparing the cost of doing the instance vs the reward you get:
Cost (Assuming a minimum party of 2):
- If you're using a gene, it'll probably take on average 200 bomb sets to do it comfortably.
- Maybe about 500 white pots between 2 people.
- Foods if you want to be more efficient
- Potentially all vit/dex/int facework skin with a slot
- +7 certs from the +8,+9 skins.
- Mystical Card Album
- Faceworm Queen Leg
MCAs have severely dropped due to NTF. It was a consistent 35mil before NTF, now it's at 16.5m. Not to mention that the chance of this item is about 50% from faceworm queen.
FQL - 1% chance. Very inconsistent drop.
Faceworm skins - Chances of getting something good isn't high. Faceworm has also been out long enough where a lot of these skins aren't as valuable anymore.
+8 to +9 skins - Even when you eat gear the garments, you have a low chance of getting more certs.
- With +8, you can get either 1 or 2 certs.
- With +9, you can get either 2 or 5. The chances of succeeding isn't equal to the chance of failure.
So really, the only way you'll get profit is to get +9 garments.
That means you HAVE to get +9 garments. Which isn't always the case. Most of the time, doing Faceworm costs me more than what I get from it. So I personally stopped doing it and with eat gear now eating +10, it got me interested again.
I personally don't see the garments being turned into certs a problem since it's not as badly consistent as the NTF MCA farming. If you really want to fix the problem, simply: DONT LET EATGEAR EAT ITEMS OVER +10.
The instance will be the same as before, but the profit won't be as high if someone walks home with 2 +10 Faceworm skins.
Edited by Demeris, 17 December 2016 - 03:14 PM.