Lets talk Faceworm Skins and Eatgear - Page 4 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lets talk Faceworm Skins and Eatgear

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

Not interested in woe mats in exchange for faceworm skins from pvm perspective. That's what investment is for, and people already get em easily there.

More EMB, revamp item rewards from Merry Badger. Keep the chance of getting certs the same, but reducing the amount of certs obtained.

+7 +8 = 1 cert on success, regular ores on failure.

+9 +10 +11 = 3 certs on success, 1 on failure.

Edit; There are items that could be added to trade in using Merry Badger, that would make EMB more attractive.

Mental Potions.

Hometown Gift.

Pope Cookie.

Angeling Potion.

Bloody Branch.

Mana+ (should be in the client)

Gunpowder + Detonator set for geneticists

EXP accessories (http://www.divine-pr...760/bloody-ring)

Edited by meli, 18 December 2016 - 10:29 AM.

#77 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:03 AM

The problem with simply giving more EMB is the increase in ease to get tokens of siegfried and magical stones.

Everyone simply says "revamp" the rewards, but there's been nothing else suggested.

The easiest thing for camp to do is just leave snake skins out of eat gear entirely, with no compensation. At least that way he doesn't waste his time scripting rewards nobody likes, and everyone is equally upset.

#78 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:27 AM

Not interested in woe mats in exchange for faceworm skins from pvm perspective. That's what investment is for, and people already get em easily there.

More EMB, revamp item rewards from Merry Badger. Keep the chance of getting certs the same, but reducing the amount of certs obtained.

^ this, I initially added certain materials for WoE in my original system but after discussion with a few people scrapped it.

I think the current systems just needed to be balanced which I think have been more than done with my document, though still thinking an updated Merry Badger could be nice too.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 18 December 2016 - 10:28 AM.

#79 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:04 PM

A lot of people fund WoE with the zeny they make, so you can't really dismiss it fully. Itachi and I even asked for suggestions on what PvM players would want.

At this point, most of you sound like entitled brats. Eat gear used to be an event that came around. How about we just scrap it and Eve Natalia since they are both iRO features?

#80 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:51 PM

A lot of people fund WoE with the zeny they make, so you can't really dismiss it fully. Itachi and I even asked for suggestions on what PvM players would want.

At this point, most of you sound like entitled brats. Eat gear used to be an event that came around. How about we just scrap it and Eve Natalia since they are both iRO features?

I hope the second part wasn't aimed at me.

#81 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:53 PM

I hope the second part wasn't aimed at me.

Not at all. There is just a lot of people here that take the iRO features for granted.

#82 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:55 PM

Not at all. There is just a lot of people here that take the iRO features for granted.

Yeah I know :X

#83 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

If people want Merits, the best way is to do the God Item seal quest.

I dislike how people try to centralize WoE consumables as valuable when that market is mainly for the WoE players. Compare that to certs which benefits everyone.

As I said, this wasn't a problem until players who I knew saving their skins to cash out on more certs. Just get rid of the +10 gear eating cause only players use it to eat faceworm garments.

#84 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

Name calling in a discussion shows just how you can't manage your emotions in a discussion. WoE supplies as rewards is filling a personal agenda for WoE players. Feel free to argue otherwise.

#85 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:21 PM

Name calling in a discussion shows just how you can't manage your emotions in a discussion. WoE supplies as rewards is filling a personal agenda for WoE players. Feel free to argue otherwise.

How does that even make sense? Saying people feel entitled isn't name calling.
A lot of people in this thread act like they deserve certs for their skins.

Itachi and I even asked for suggestions to balance a reward system for PvM players because it is pretty hard to provide items that everyone would want and that would make them feel like their time investment is worth it.
There does not have to be WoE supplies at all, it was just a suggestion. The GMs have admitted that WoE is a big reason that people keep playing the game.

The only reason this is even a concern for me is to keep players actively running instances and keeping their interest in the game. Some people do only play for PvM or to make zeny. Everyone has their niche.

#86 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

If the GMs truly mwntioned that WoE was a big reason people kept playing the game. Then why is the WoE scene dying? I don't know if the statement is true or not because this is news to me. Unless I see the actual statement, I will find what you said hard to believe. Especially looking at the numbers for those participating in WoE.

And I think you need to re read what I quote. I'll point it out to you. Calling people entitled brats because they are discussing the amount of certs people can receive doesn't add productivity to this discussion.

I'll simply say it. The item you list provided is crap amongst the PvM players. The player must vend the items that fills a niche market. Certs have more uses because everyone can use safe certs. It's more important for PvM players because every player who makes it past level 100 will use to upgrade their HBPs or FAWs from their lucky boxes. So it's pretty upsetting taking away cert rewards when every player uses them.

#87 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

Camp is taking certs away from snake skins because it's hurting sales. Arguing for certs at this point is meaningless.

#88 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:56 PM

So we have to ask him. Is this a problem since faceworm been in, or did this becomr a problem when Eat Gear started to have an appetite for over +10 gears?

Cause if it's the latter, then you know my solution. But if it's because of an ongoing problem, then why was this left in for ATLEAST a year?

Personally, before the eat gear accepted +10s, I haven't seen it as a problem because I never saw it as profitable considering the amount of time and effort to run it. And it's not really an efficient soloable instance for most people unlike NTF. So profits from certs have to be split most of the time.

#89 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

It was before the +10 update. The +10 update happened at the same time snake skins were removed.

#90 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:33 PM

Edit; There are items that could be added to trade in using Merry Badger, that would make EMB more attractive.

Mental Potions.

Hometown Gift.

Pope Cookie.

Angeling Potion.

Bloody Branch.

Mana+ (should be in the client)

Gunpowder + Detonator set for geneticists

EXP accessories (http://www.divine-pr...760/bloody-ring)

Remove the bloody branch and that would be a nice list.

#91 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

Camp is taking certs away from snake skins because it's hurting sales. Arguing for certs at this point is meaningless.

Technically, anything that allows people to get Kafra Shop stuff without paying a cent hurts their sales. So if they're so worried about sales, maybe they should remove all customizations that allow for that.

#92 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

EMB revamp idea:
+10 food set (1 weight version)
gene food mats (sets of 30)
poison bottle box
speed potions
neuralizer (opened version, not as a box)
heavy lifter ticket (opened version, not as a box)
woe white box
woe blue box
unripe ygg
dried ygg
yggseed box
yggberry box
fruit baskets
aspersio scrolls
adrenaline rush scrolls
glass of illusions
abrasives
silvervine fruits (opened version, not as box)
mora coins
splendide coins
charleston components

#93 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

EMB revamp idea:
+10 food set (1 weight version)
gene food mats (sets of 30)
poison bottle box
speed potions
neuralizer (opened version, not as a box)
heavy lifter ticket (opened version, not as a box)
woe white box
woe blue box
unripe ygg
dried ygg
yggseed box
yggberry box
fruit baskets
aspersio scrolls
adrenaline rush scrolls
glass of illusions
abrasives
silvervine fruits (opened version, not as box)
mora coins
splendide coins
charleston components

There are an awful lot of Investment supplies there.

Though buff scrolls would be nice.

#94 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:53 PM

investment items are randomized, this EMB turn in eliminates the randomness and let playe choose what they want.
investment items are randomized, this EMB turn in eliminates the randomness and let player choose what they want

#95 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

investment items are randomized, this EMB turn in eliminates the randomness and let playe choose what they want.
investment items are randomized, this EMB turn in eliminates the randomness and let player choose what they want

But also nullifies investment.

#96 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

too many investment bots today, while EMB is less botable (except botters farming OPB or performing bounty board). this encourages actual players to be involved.

#97 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:41 PM

too many investment bots today, while EMB is less botable (except botters farming OPB or performing bounty board). this encourages actual players to be involved.

Investment still burns zeny, while EMB is exploitable thanks to a certain BB in Hugel :X

#98 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Hey, I asked them to remove Bounty Boards until the issue was resolved and they didn't want to, so...

#99 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:07 PM

i was written and thinking but better dont, at end this will be in any of 2 ways:

Leave as normal way without any change

or

Worse at point where you cant even think in doing faceworm instance again.

Of course the idea from Itachi and Myzery (im not surprise from itachi but Myzery, hell yes) is really a decent one, but the problem is about the rewards for both sides, is no the same give 100 speed pots for a WoE player to a PvM Player, a WoE Player 100 speed potions are nice to play WoE the only reason they still login in this game but for a PvM Player is just a wasting of time and nothing value for all supplies waste in that instance...

Argh i cant explain as i want, dammit i need a English teacher... anyway, in the others words i dont see any reason to change mimic, just leave without any change, dont complain for something you guys implement without any reason as i know kRO dont have this (or maybe i wrong but 2 years ago dont, i dont know actually)

#100 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:36 PM

i was written and thinking but better dont, at end this will be in any of 2 ways:

Leave as normal way without any change

or

Worse at point where you cant even think in doing faceworm instance again.

Of course the idea from Itachi and Myzery (im not surprise from itachi but Myzery, hell yes) is really a decent one, but the problem is about the rewards for both sides, is no the same give 100 speed pots for a WoE player to a PvM Player, a WoE Player 100 speed potions are nice to play WoE the only reason they still login in this game but for a PvM Player is just a wasting of time and nothing value for all supplies waste in that instance...

Argh i cant explain as i want, dammit i need a English teacher... anyway, in the others words i dont see any reason to change mimic, just leave without any change, dont complain for something you guys implement without any reason as i know kRO dont have this (or maybe i wrong but 2 years ago dont, i dont know actually)

There is still a single reason to do Faceworm Nest, if you wanna try for a FQL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users