bounty board revitalization - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

bounty board revitalization

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:17 AM

At least the bounty board is better than TI in the aspect of bringing players to all over the places in game's world.

I think the BB itself is currently good. It just needs more monsters and more locations as the OP posted.

Edit : Or maybe lower the kill count and the exp reward is lowered together, is still okay.

Don't ever put in the 1 hour cool down just like the Lv100+ leveling quests in Eden Group. This is just so annoying for me.

Edited by OBBO, 27 March 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#27 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

should raise bio4 to 160+ and the lasagna exp drops off pretty bad at high levels. its more of a bridge at 140 before nct.

#28 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

I'd be satisfied if it would just let you pick "Turn in all" when you don't have every quest complete, and it just turns in whatever you have completed already.

Or let you turn in "incomplete" boards with a penalty on exp/reward(penalized, not just the equivalent of less kills)

#29 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

updated OP with suggestions

#30 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

I'd be satisfied if it would just let you pick "Turn in all" when you don't have every quest complete, and it just turns in whatever you have completed already.

This  :p_love:

#31 wadoichimonji

wadoichimonji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

Increasing kill count to 400 will give hard times for newbie lol. They will level up and leave their bounty range too quickly. On higher level, it's fine. Maybe give different count for lowbie bounty board and increasing kill count for 100+?

For EMB, I like with the box zone idea. Maybe change it with consumables or with Red Paw Jelly Bag. With that it solve poison bottle price too :P

#32 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:46 AM

First of all...

msty.gif

Great job. My opinions on your system revamp.

1. Kill Count

Should the kill count stays at 150? or should it be lowered? increased?

suggestion: 

lowered: 100

increased: 400, similar to TI

2. Exp Gained

Should the exp gained stays at 75% per kill? should it be lowered? increased?

suggestion:

lowered: 70% for non VIP

increased: 80%, 100%

4. Exp given in smaller chunks

Well, i propose BB under level 70 needs the exp rewards to be given in chunks (4 chunks of exp is good i think), to prevent the exp to be wasted since the exp given is high, but it is capped to get 1,9 level per exp chunk. With smaller chunks, people can get multiple level ups per turn ins.

Why not give two options, one for those who want a quick boost, maybe to use leftover manual, and one for those who don't? So, there could be one bounty to kill 100 monsters, giving 70% of their exp, and one to kill 300 monsters, giving 90~100% of their exp. This would also help to phase out Gramps, since a lot of people seem to want this.

An alternative would be to lower the count for lower level BBs (100 for BBs from level 1~60), giving 70% exp, keep the count for those BBs accessible through levels 60~120, and increase to 300 the count for BBs of higher levels, also increasing the exp received to 90~100%. I think increasing the count to 400 would greatly favor some classes in higher levels for NCT. This would also "solve" the first world problem of low level BBs giving too much exp, and would help newer players in slowly conditioning themselves for the grinding needed in higher levels.

3. Rewards

Should the zeny stays at 37500? should it be lowered? increased? given another reward? EMB reward is already suitable?

suggestion:

- zeny rewards should be scaled on monster difficulty (level)

- erase EMB from rewards, replace EMB with another items

I like the EMBs... :( If there are too many EMBs since Faceworm was introduced, I think removing Yellow/Red Novus BB would likely help solving it. XD

Also, I think BBs should stop giving zeny in level 99. It won't contribute too much in keeping inflation at bay, but since we don't have good zeny sinks, we also should cut the "zeny faucets".

5. Misc

- Turn in All option: instead of forcing player to complete the whole board, make it check to how many quests done and turn in those instead. Example: NCT BB, only finished big bell, cursed box and cursed book. while big ben and neo punk unfinished. when choosing turn in all, only those 3 are counted.

- Ability to turn in unfinished quest but with exp penalty. Example: big bell only done 120/150. So, instead of giving 75% exp x 120 big bells, it is given penalty such as 50% exp x 120 big bells or lower.

This is a great idea, and I always wanted both of these options. Good job!

#33 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

Novus BB can be dealt with by simply adding another monster to the board.

The exp for penalty for incomplete boards could follow the % of completion of the board. 75/150 gives 50%, 135/150 gives 90% and so on. It "scaling" with each monster killed still incentivizes on getting the board closest to clear as possible.

Edited by Ashuckel, 27 March 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Instead of trying to spend scarce resources to review BB project again, why dont they just put more BMx3 in the boxes? I assume that we want the BB for a faster leveling ,correct? Given that WP has small man power, it doesnt make sense to me to try to push this project through. My ZeroTigress already tried it. Didnt work out that well. 

#35 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

I say make BB's be 1k kills, and allow partial turn ins with scaling rewards.

give EMBs based on partial completion= floor(kill count / 100)

Give scaling exp based on kill count at the current 80% rate.

No bonuses at all because allowing a 1k turn in with BM would be its own reward and increase BM usage incentive.

This would streamline players and their BM's by minimizing downtime in needing to regrab quests, or worry about partial completions for uneven spawns. Personally, I would be more prone to popping BM's for BB's if i knew that i wouldn't have a lot of downtime in needing to regrab quests and travel time back or worry about not having completed counts and needing to grind sub-optimally.

#36 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

Past is what it is Zero.

You know when and if there is time Camp is more than willing to try stuff. You know this yourself :X

If a behavior is still repeated in the present, is it "in the past". Time will tell if that's actually the case.

I think the bounty board system is a great part of iRO, it could be made more user friendly, such as suggesting other local quest chains, or where to potentially go next. I know Zero doesn't see it as an alternative to Gramps, but I think if it is done well, it could be a replacement.

It's not a replacement for Gramps because it's not meant to be an efficient system on the level of Gramps. And iRO had already made it clear, numerous times, that Gramps is a permanent feature of iRO. Not to mention, people will riot if Gramps was removed. I don't understand why there's a push for this change if it's for sure not going to happen.

My ZeroTigress already tried it.

Wut?

#37 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:26 AM

I don't agree with partial turn ins, but do think that a turn in system much like say a Malangdo Costume -> Box Exchange dialogue should be introduced.

My reason for not wanting partial turn ins is, you don't partially turn in a bounty. You either get it or you don't :X

But the turn in dialogues could be more useful, especially for those who are on BM time, misclicks can cost you precious time :U

And where did iRO say that Gramps was a permanent feature?

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

And where did iRO say that Gramps was a permanent feature?

There's been plenty of threads since Gramps' implementation back in 2011 about his "event" finally leaving the game and time and time again iRO has expressed they have no plans for his removal. And the fact that they now have him as part of their VIP perks solidifies that point.

#39 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:05 AM

150 count is way too short. For many boards, you spend a huge amount of time traveling back and forth between the map and the board. Back when you could instantly warp to the map by using the board, it wasn't a problem. But the current bounty boards don't encourage grinding like "the good ol' days" when you would grind on mobs out in the world. It's definitely not leisurely, constantly making a mad dash back to the leveling map every 5 minutes.

150 count only makes sense on the low level boards, where you would only end up staying there for maybe ~200 kills anyway before out leveling it.

#40 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

There's been plenty of threads since Gramps' implementation back in 2011 about his "event" finally leaving the game and time and time again iRO has expressed they have no plans for his removal. And the fact that they now have him as part of their VIP perks solidifies that point.

No plans doesn't make any point solidified, it is a pc way of saying we don't know.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 27 March 2017 - 11:07 AM.

#41 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

150 count is way too short. For many boards, you spend a huge amount of time traveling back and forth between the map and the board. Back when you could instantly warp to the map by using the board, it wasn't a problem. But the current bounty boards don't encourage grinding like "the good ol' days" when you would grind on mobs out in the world. It's definitely not leisurely, constantly making a mad dash back to the leveling map every 5 minutes.

150 count only makes sense on the low level boards, where you would only end up staying there for maybe ~200 kills anyway before out leveling it.

This x100

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:25 PM

So people want an alternative to Gramps that behaves just like Gramps because they don't like Gramps? I'm confused.

Unless we've got a bunch of Gramps fans chiming in on a leveling option meant to not be like Gramps for some odd reason? Which, again, I'm confused as to why.

#43 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

400 kill count doesn't automatically make it Gramps.

The "Gramps" leveling style is gathering a 12 man party, gwinging around a tiny map and AoEing everything on sight before your party leader gwings randomly. You do this for about 20 minutes, then repeat one more time with a reset stone, and log off for the day.

A 400 kill count for a NCT bounty board for example would have meant that I can spend the full 30 minutes of my manual actually leveling in NCT. I can also stay as long as I like. But the monster density and size of the map definitely does not encourage the "Gramps" leveling style.

#44 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3956 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:56 PM

I do not agree with 400/500 kill counts for bounty boards. I think 150 is already a long stretch in the amount of time i need to spend getting the counts especially on a single target killing class. I would personall want it abit lower but 150 is something I can still bare. 400/500 is too much for the kind of maps its on. The density of mobs to map size ratio on alot of the BB maps do not really make leveling much more bareable than it already is. Maybe its my Gramps TI mentality talking out but I think 150 mobs per TI counts on BB's are fair enough to us all. I would suggest an exp increase to the rewards however, not sure how much really but some good suggestions are thrown around which is worthy of polling for.

I also agree on Nirvana's idea on increasing the zeny reward you get for the BB's, maybe more generous than the proposed formula Nirvana put down, but not too much.

I beg the pardon of everyone here if I am not really adding much input into this discussion, I am as Daria classifies me, "part of the herd" and I will just go with what gets given to me, (outside of the crumby Acolyte Heal Skill formula which I think personally needs a huge revamp).

Edited by PervySageMarty, 27 March 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#45 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Why not let people pick how many kill counts they want to do with no added bonus other than time saved going back and forth? 100, 250, 500.

Also, I'm not a big fan of having literally EVERY monster with a bounty board, and would advise that only those areas that are not super popular for leveling without a bounty board retain it. It's already extremely easy to level in this game, but, I do enjoy the fact that to whatever extent it gets people out of Gramps. If that godawful pit of gaming-decline is ever to be removed, it will need something to help phase/transition it, and BBs do a great job at that. 

#46 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

i am in for increased kill count options on lategame bounties,  like scaraba hall and NCT,  i finish the scaraba bounty  way before i run out of supplies, and i dont find it worthwhile to go back and fort to the board to turn them in each time.

#47 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

400 kill count doesn't automatically make it Gramps.

The "Gramps" leveling style is gathering a 12 man party, gwinging around a tiny map and AoEing everything on sight before your party leader gwings randomly. You do this for about 20 minutes, then repeat one more time with a reset stone, and log off for the day.

A 400 kill count for a NCT bounty board for example would have meant that I can spend the full 30 minutes of my manual actually leveling in NCT. I can also stay as long as I like. But the monster density and size of the map definitely does not encourage the "Gramps" leveling style.

You do realize the maps and spawns out on the world maps would not support 400 killcounts for multiple parties per region, right? And I don't think Campitor would be able to maintain the system if every area has customized board scripts. Biolabs was an odd anomaly in that regard, but that doesn't mean we should go customizing every board script. This system is meant to be consistent, otherwise people get confused as to which boards do what. We need a system with stability in the server, not add to the instability.

Why not let people pick how many kill counts they want to do with no added bonus other than time saved going back and forth? 100, 250, 500.

Also, I'm not a big fan of having literally EVERY monster with a bounty board, and would advise that only those areas that are not super popular for leveling without a bounty board retain it. It's already extremely easy to level in this game, but, I do enjoy the fact that to whatever extent it gets people out of Gramps. If that godawful pit of gaming-decline is ever to be removed, it will need something to help phase/transition it, and BBs do a great job at that.

This was already in discussion in the original Bounty Boards thread and the consensus from Campitor was that doing so would bloat the script too much.

#48 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 28 March 2017 - 02:59 AM

i second that not every place needs BB. but unfortunately, in case of level 150+ leveling spots, we are still horrible lacking of alternatives. i dont mind if the expansion system ignores the level 150 below proposal, but the 150+ boards such as verus is a must

#49 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:17 AM

I agree about 150+ BBs, especially since so much new, high level content is instance based.

#50 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 07:51 AM

If iRO can bring back the Rachel maps that were removed, some level 100+ Rachel mobs can get shoved into those since they're pretty decently distanced from Rachel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users