[Concern] Loading Screens Qualification - Page 2 - Creative Contraptions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Concern] Loading Screens Qualification

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

#26 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:03 PM

Another thing that I have a problem with is that more than half of them aren't even RO themed. Maybe they are just abstract, but RO art has piqued more than a few people I have met over the years to play the game.

Helen Keller was capable of more and she was blind.

Omg yes! I noticed that some of the submitted arts weren't even remotely close to RO and I am just here like... "really? this is gonna slip through?" 

#27 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

go msg CM astra about it. and see what she says.

Edit: Holy! I just saw some art from the thread. Are those really going through?

Edited by ShinobiEX3, 31 March 2017 - 06:35 PM.

#28 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

+1 for OP for her bravery to post this aspiration. i know some people want to speak the same, but some of them afraid to offend some people.

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:20 PM

Omg yes! I noticed that some of the submitted arts weren't even remotely close to RO and I am just here like... "really? this is gonna slip through?"

Edit: Holy! I just saw some art from the thread. Are those really going through?

Allright everyone, open up your MS Paint and start drawing dicks. :U

#30 Miyamisuu

Miyamisuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 948 posts
  • LocationSin City

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:35 PM

Allright everyone, open up your MS Paint and start drawing dicks. :U

are bewbs ok? xD

Edited by Miyamisuu, 31 March 2017 - 07:38 PM.

#31 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

are bewbs ok? xD

The bigger the better! No nipples, 'cause RO is a Teen rated game. :3

#32 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

https://forums.warpp...-screens/page-3
free nipple and cameltoe, everyone!!!

#33 allygator1

allygator1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:01 PM

Lets play a game.

The -_-tier the quality art that gets accepted, the more lewd i'm going to doodle.  This will be the next RO cold war, where each side starts escalating lewds and mspaint.

#34 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

Lets play a game.

The -_-tier the quality art that gets accepted, the more lewd i'm going to doodle.  This will be the next RO cold war, where each side starts escalating lewds and mspaint.

Let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

#35 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:53 PM

deep enough zero, probably....

#36 Romanov90

Romanov90

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationMy Laboratory

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

Its a pity if the CM dont address this vulnerable regulations, i mean.. participation prize should be more less worthy thatln the current ones.. the current ones worth like 500m( -_-!? ) i can abuse this regulations by creating multiple forum account and posts arts, if the quality standard to participate is exactly like what i thought.. damn i can come up with like.. 20 of those.. in less than 30mins(probably less) The point is.. it feels not right for those who actually put their time to this. Just saying.

(Ps: not that i dont appreciate what they do, some might say an artist is an artist no matter what, i honestly can benefit a hella lot from this also, but damn son..)

Edited by Romanov90, 31 March 2017 - 10:08 PM.

#37 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:51 PM

I want you guys to take a step back and think about this idea.

Can the GMs just use OFFICIAL ART for the loading screens?

This was fine 10 years ago when we were all on dial-up. We don't need to keep creating an upkeep for it. And now you see what I expected to happen, a few individuals abusing the system (and in obvious ways as well).

Regarding the costume, just put it in kafra shops. Put it up there for 1000 kp and I'm sure people will buy the green convention hat for that price.

#38 Saralen

Saralen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Location...
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

I want you guys to take a step back and think about this idea.

Can the GMs just use OFFICIAL ART for the loading screens?

This was fine 10 years ago when we were all on dial-up. We don't need to keep creating an upkeep for it. And now you see what I expected to happen, a few individuals abusing the system (and in obvious ways as well).

Regarding the costume, just put it in kafra shops. Put it up there for 1000 kp and I'm sure people will buy the green convention hat for that price.

Would be a good idea but I think Lee's been busy for quite awhile with other things and the others who provided official arts are now busy with their own lives. Professionals cost high too.

#39 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:05 PM

You don't need new ones, there's plenty of old stuff you can use. Even jRO has those pages for new jRO gear or costumes. The GMs can just crop that out and use it if they want more updated stuff.

It doesn't matter if the loading screen stays the same, it has 0 effect on anyone's gameplay. Everyone loads under 3 seconds.

If  CM Astra refuses to put in certain entries because of "a lack of effort," then she can run into problems of bias towards players. How can a lack of effort be any different than someone asking for commission work and using that commission as an entry? It's all the same and there's really no clear and fair way to determine something worth as a loading screen entry.

So lets stop with the loading screen submission for participation prizes and just put them in the kafra shop. Start using official Ragnarok Online artwork for those 3 seconds in between portals.

http://ragnarok.wiki...ory:Concept_Art

Edited by Demeris, 31 March 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#40 rueth

rueth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 12:16 AM

Actually reading some of the comments, I totally forgot about the commissioned entries because I was too focused on some of the art entries... yes, Demeris you are right.

I don't think it's fair for some to get rewards for something they didn't do.

I'm fine with the idea of official artworks since the loading is fast anyway but we're loosing the spirit of contributions and creativeness of the community which I loved years back. I think the prizes were a way to get people to contribute more but alas it seems like a lot of them are abusing the system (although we don't know for sure, but some are obviously trolling for the gear) so I think we should just get rid of prizes. If not enough artwork to put up on updates, then just place it with official art placeholders.

I think prizes should be for events like contests or Valentine's etc if anything.

#41 lazielanne

lazielanne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Twitter:@lazylazzie
  • Server:Thor

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:15 AM

Just curious.. How much is that convention hat at Chaos? I'm from Thor, I just wanna know.

#42 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3029 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:16 AM

Around 500m+

#43 lazielanne

lazielanne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:54 AM

Around 500m+

I see, very different from its value at Thor.

---

I agree that the artworks to be chosen as loading screen should be kind of filtered first rather than just accepting them all. I love RO designs so much that it's kind of annoying to see that there are some who doesn't care that their work will be displayed as loading screen and that every player will see it, as long as they get the prizes. 

For me, I'm okay with the commissioned works as entries. Who doesn't want to share a cool art with their characters in it?

Even if they removed the prizes, I would still put so much effort with my entry at the loading screen thread. But that's just me, not sure about everyone else lol.

#44 rueth

rueth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Commissioned works as entries is awesome because a lot of the art is really cool, but since we were talking about people putting no effort to some entries and it would be hard for a CM to pick and choose, just submitting commissioned artworks is about the same as no effort. Even though the commissioned artists gave the A-OK, when we're criticizing about a certain thing we have to look at all aspects talking about a reward involved. Well that's my opinion anyway.

#45 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:19 AM

Accepting comission runs on an honor system. Unless the art has your character name on it, or the artist come into the thread and write in a permission, you can have false comissions.

I can just as easily google Ragnarok Fanart and find one that I can use as a commision to submit, and claim it's okay for the artist. There's no way to regulate this other than forum users accusing false claims or the artist coming in to say something.

So if they regulated personal MS paint entries, what's going to stop these players to use fake commissions as entries?

#46 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:23 AM

I hope all my arts are qualified. Just like in game, my RG and people always need to portray the elegance and the glory :3

On a serious note, if you are bad at drawing or your artistic skills are horribad, then either improve your skills or don't submit arts at all. I know I am one with the worst artistic skills ever and no way I'm going to submit my own art even if I put 100% effort in it. Even if it was tradable to make zeny, I would not submit it to mock myself. It won't cut and then I know this thing is not for me.

I don't care about this issue anyway if anyone wants to submit a low quality half-naked arts. It is none of my business. The rewards are account bound. It's not like they can sell it. More over, nothing beats the cat ears and elvan ears cute combo of justice lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 01 April 2017 - 06:37 AM.

#47 lazielanne

lazielanne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Commissioned works as entries is awesome because a lot of the art is really cool, but since we were talking about people putting no effort to some entries and it would be hard for a CM to pick and choose, just submitting commissioned artworks is about the same as no effort. Even though the commissioned artists gave the A-OK, when we're criticizing about a certain thing we have to look at all aspects talking about a reward involved. Well that's my opinion anyway.

If it's about the effort then I must agree with you, since it's not their own work. How about commissioned works can be featured but only those who passed their own work can be given a prize? xD

#48 Pockky

Pockky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 07:07 AM

....hard to comment
But I agree with you guy too.
Because some picture look like drawing less then 10 minutes and summit to get a reward [and sell it]
Sometime make me made too...

#49 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Originally the Creative Convention hats were just to reward ARTISTS for contributing to the community. Now they're being given out to people who just know how to do Google Image searches. Why even bother with art events anymore? Just put the hats into the Kafra Shop so WP can at least get some money out of it. Same with any other prize they've given out for art contests. People just want the headgears and they'll use any loophole to get them.

#50 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10854 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 April 2017 - 10:54 AM

Originally the Creative Convention hats were just to reward ARTISTS for contributing to the community. Now they're being given out to people who just know how to do Google Image searches. Why even bother with art events anymore? Just put the hats into the Kafra Shop so WP can at least get some money out of it. Same with any other prize they've given out for art contests. People just want the headgears and they'll use any loophole to get them.

Be nice to the greedy and probably selfish people! Good people don't abuse the loophole doesn't mean greedy people should do the same!!! :^)

But I argue that they should put every single rare event headgears in cash shop ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users