how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 6 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#126 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:37 PM

AHHH SURPRISE MOTHER F*CKERSSS i actually got warlock instead lollllllll

almost warlock..

quick question though, as a lvling warlock, would temporal dex boots better then int boots?

#127 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I love using Temp Dex on my WLs so much, that I even went with 120 dex (at the cost of int and vit obviously) at base 99 builds.

I would not exactely recommend doing that when you have little gears, but I would still try to go for 120 dex before 120 int.

-0.5s fixed casttime is really, really awesome and noticeable for nealy all WL skills.

If you cannot oneshot with your combination of int + gears you can always try Amp -> Crimson Rock, Crimson Rock -> Release or even Amp -> Crimson Rock -> Release (-> Release).

Getting 120 int first is also perfectly viable, but I'm biased in favor of faster casttimes.

#128 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:22 PM

it's only worth it get it straight away if that will be the difference between 1shotting or not using Release, otherwise the faster casting is much more usefull/helpfull.

#129 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:26 PM

thanks guys ! 

I am going to get 120 dex first..

but its so hard to find temporal dex boots with spell 5 + runaway magic.... 

#130 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

You can also go for slotted Temp Dex Boots + Nightmare Verit card.

Unslotted with Spell + Lucky Day also work well.

Or if all else fails Spell + any other random enchant, just be careful that it has no negative effects for you as WL.

I never touched my RM Boots to grind after getting my Nightmare Verit ones, just love not needing to proc anything too much. (Waiting for slotted enchantable Temp Boots tho. :v)

RM's sp drain also can hurt you quite badly if you use a Soullinker's Kaahi buff for comfortable grinding.

Edited by kubikyuu, 24 April 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#131 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

oh lucky day is also fine? hghmmmmmmmmmmm

#132 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:42 PM

Luk adds a small ammount of MAtk.

You also get perfect dodge from luk, which will help avoiding monster's normal hits.

And Lucky Day is easier to proc while also not draining your SP like crazy at the cost of having a smaller damage boost than RM.

#133 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

Crimson Rod is the best if you don't have the complete combos. Pororoca + La'cryma is best against High MDEF  targets (mainly MVPs).

it's for mid-low, mid and high mdef targets, there's actually a very low break-even point for 100% Mdef pierce vs high MATK, almost close to no MDEF

#134 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:53 PM

And by the time you find a Bio4 party for 1 run as WL you could have gained at least 10 times the exp by just soloing NCT.

I personally see freeze as problematic in Bio4, as the mobs are permanently unfrozen anyways and it lowers the dmg the RKs do.

Better have an AB use Silentium.

I'm not saying WL in Bio4 does not work, I'm just saying that NCT is generally better for WL (considering the time to find a party, average number of runs on a random party, etc).

usually how many big bell BB finished for each battle manual?

#135 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

AHHH SURPRISE MOTHER F*CKERSSS i actually got warlock instead lollllllll

almost warlock..

quick question though, as a lvling warlock, would temporal dex boots better then int boots?

I actually loled! Nice choice. Go slotted Dex boots with Nightmare Verit, or Dex Boots with Spell5/Speed of Light or Hawkeye, which will never activate. If you can afford one with Lucky Day, better get a slotted one with Nightmare Verit Card.

it's for mid-low, mid and high mdef targets, there's actually a very low break-even point for 100% Mdef pierce vs high MATK, almost close to no MDEF

Err... I was the one who did the calculations, did you forget? XD But the break-even point that I calculated (~80, IIRC, with my setup its ~40 :P) was for +15 La'cryma vs. +15 Crimson Rod. Since he said he's got no gears nor zeny, a Crimson seemed better for starters. Though I'll try doing some more simulations. To be honest, the best setup really "for starters" would be a TSoD or SoD with subpar spell enchants (Spell 4/3, 3/3, whatever) because they're cheap AF, if compared with Double Spell4+. This can be sold later (cheap as well) and traded for a La'cryma. It's good to remeber that there are some races to which we can't bypass MDEF, so the crimson will be MUCH better agains these.

usually how many big bell BB finished for each battle manual?

Depends on your gears. Bad scenario 2 BBs + ~50 Big Bells, good scenario, 3 BBs + something. Yes, this includes the one you TI right when you pop the manual.

#136 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:36 AM

"Pororoca + La'cryma is best against High MDEF  targets (mainly MVPs)"

As an advocate of tempest set, I was actually referring to the statement above since it is  somewhat erroneous and may lead to misconceptions like "X weapons for low mdef, Y (ignore mdef) for high mdef" when it isnt generally true on how MDEF scales work unlike DEF scaling. Especially with people including GMs who aren't well versed on how magic works and think it is okay/balance this way.

EDIT: I know you know well what i mean, just clarifying it out for readers

Edited by CadburyChocolate, 25 April 2017 - 04:15 AM.

#137 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:10 AM

It is actually posible to reach 120 dex at 99 base lvl builds '-'? In my other WLs always went for 120 int first and i had to reach lvl like.. 115-120 to get that amount. Thought going for int 120 definetely helps one shotting those scarabas with like 80-90k dmg CR

#138 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:01 AM

It is actually posible to reach 120 dex at 99 base lvl builds '-'? In my other WLs always went for 120 int first and i had to reach lvl like.. 115-120 to get that amount. Thought going for int 120 definetely helps one shotting those scarabas with like 80-90k dmg CR

50 int

20 vit

120 dex

tada, 120 dex at base 99.

Not recommended if you do no have the gears to support those stats.

By the time you can go to scarabs it is perfectly possible to oneshot them, you won't even need Amp.

Remember that this is a stat progression for people with (very) good gears. :v

#139 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:34 AM

"Pororoca + La'cryma is best against High MDEF  targets (mainly MVPs)"

As an advocate of tempest set, I was actually referring to the statement above since it is  somewhat erroneous and may lead to misconceptions like "X weapons for low mdef, Y (ignore mdef) for high mdef" when it isnt generally true on how MDEF scales work unlike DEF scaling. Especially with people including GMs who aren't well versed on how magic works and think it is okay/balance this way.

EDIT: I know you know well what i mean, just clarifying it out for readers

I see. Honestly, though, apart from Biolabs mages and Hazy Forest Monsters there are few non-MVPs with more than 80 MDEF... almost all MVPs have way more than it, though, and it's true that you have to give up A LOT of raw MATK (~30% if compared with Crimson Rod, ~50% if compared to SoD) in exchange for bypass, and it's truly ridiculous that things work this way, to barr spellcasters from being competitive agains physical classes.

50 int

20 vit

120 dex

tada, 120 dex at base 99.

Not recommended if you do no have the gears to support those stats.

By the time you can go to scarabs it is perfectly possible to oneshot them, you won't even need Amp.

Remember that this is a stat progression for people with (very) good gears. :v

I'd rather have 55 INT 10 VIT though, even with the gears. The SP recovery will suck if you have to recur to Energy Coat instead of Kaahi (Kubi's trademark).

#140 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:39 AM

I see. Honestly, though, apart from Biolabs mages and Hazy Forest Monsters there are few non-MVPs with more than 80 MDEF... almost all MVPs have way more than it, though, and it's true that you have to give up A LOT of raw MATK (~30% if compared with Crimson Rod, ~50% if compared to SoD) in exchange for bypass, and it's truly ridiculous that things work this way, to barr spellcasters from being competitive agains physical classes.

I'd rather have 55 INT 10 VIT though, even with the gears. The SP recovery will suck if you have to recur to Energy Coat instead of Kaahi (Kubi's trademark).

Yeah, natural SP regen is really bad with those stats, but Soul Drain is your friend. :heh:

It's really nice how Crimson Rock, Soul Expansion and Chain Lightning trigger it's recovery.

Sadly you only get SP from the monster you targetted, but it still is really helpful.

#141 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:49 AM

Sucks even with soul drain, if you keep Energy Coat on. If you can level without it, then, there's no problem. Since I usually level soloing TIs, it's no SP or no HP, so the choice is pretty obvious. :heh:

#142 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:32 AM

I actually loled! Nice choice. Go slotted Dex boots with Nightmare Verit, or Dex Boots with Spell5/Speed of Light or Hawkeye, which will never activate. If you can afford one with Lucky Day, better get a slotted one with Nightmare Verit Card.

Err... I was the one who did the calculations, did you forget? XD But the break-even point that I calculated (~80, IIRC, with my setup its ~40 :P) was for +15 La'cryma vs. +15 Crimson Rod. Since he said he's got no gears nor zeny, a Crimson seemed better for starters. Though I'll try doing some more simulations. To be honest, the best setup really "for starters" would be a TSoD or SoD with subpar spell enchants (Spell 4/3, 3/3, whatever) because they're cheap AF, if compared with Double Spell4+. This can be sold later (cheap as well) and traded for a La'cryma. It's good to remeber that there are some races to which we can't bypass MDEF, so the crimson will be MUCH better agains these.

Depends on your gears. Bad scenario 2 BBs + ~50 Big Bells, good scenario, 3 BBs + something. Yes, this includes the one you TI right when you pop the manual.

is it good idea putting big ben card+nightmare mimic card on +9 lacryma stick? since i can't find the reasonable price for +12-+14 lacryma stick

my WL still sticking with tsod+skull cap combo now

#143 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:36 AM

Good kalo om Azu banyak uang bwt ngeplesin Lac Stick nya ke +10 dst. :p_smile:

#144 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:48 AM

you have to give up A LOT of raw MATK (~30% if compared with Crimson Rod, ~50% if compared to SoD) in exchange for bypass, and it's truly ridiculous that things work this way, to barr spellcasters from being competitive agains physical classes.

Yeah its true, spellcasters are in general rather weak in iRO renewal. It appears that MDEF at 50 is about 30% reduction in damage, but the break-even point for Crimson Rod vs Lacryma Set is actually somewhat higher than 50 since Lacryma Set gives 50% MDEF bypassing rather than 100%. If you wear OBDH, you get a bit of MDEF bypassing even with Crimson Rod against normal monsters, which makes the break-even point even higher. MDEF bypassing card combo(such as Big Ben + Neo Punk) also plays a role in determining this break-even point.

The formula for MDEF damage reduction is:

(1000 + MDEF) / (1000 + MDEF × 10)

Assuming you have +15 Crimson Rod that gives 30% more MATK than La'cryma Set(lv.10 Frost Nova = 50% MDEF bypass), also with an Ordinary Black Magician Hat(additional MDEF piercing against normal monsters). This lead to this balance equation:

2ppc29t.jpg

(Note: Reduction/Bypass cannot exceed 100%, OBMH does not affect Boss Monsters)

So we can use this formula to find out the break even MDEF point, I am sure the value is a lot higher than 50.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 25 April 2017 - 07:52 AM.

#145 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Is there anyone that crazy rich enough here that have +15-ish OBMH since last Mighty Hammer Boosted Rate Event ?  :p_smile:

I'd imagine it will give 90% MDEF piercing to All Race when worn together with Lacryma Set, considering there's no refine limit to OBMH MDEF piercing effects AFAIK :rice:

I only saw people selling +12-ish in the past

#146 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:19 AM

Is there anyone that crazy rich enough here that have +15-ish OBMH since last Mighty Hammer Boosted Rate Event ?  :p_smile:

I'd imagine it will give 90% MDEF piercing to All Race when worn together with Lacryma Set, considering there's no refine limit to OBMH MDEF piercing effects AFAIK :rice:

I only saw people selling +12-ish in the past

I have +13 OBMH myself, and I know someone with a +14 OBMH, havent heard anyone who had refine it to +15 yet. OBMH only affects normal monsters though, so it wont be useful to refine it past +9 if you fight against MVPs.

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 25 April 2017 - 07:20 AM.

#147 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:21 AM

I'm pretty sure it works on all things, someone posted it in the past but I forgot who :hmm:

#148 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:23 AM

According to iRO wiki, it only affects normal monsters. But anyway, iRO wiki isnt guaranteed to be 100% correct, it would be nice for someone who have been hunting MVPs to give us a bit of more clarification.

Magical attacks bypass the magic defense of normal monsters by 10%. Each refinement to the headgear increases the magic defense bypass by an additional 2%.

#149 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 07:29 AM

Found it, it's Mr. Fuyuki Post during early introduction of Pororoca Shoes to the server :p_smile:

#150 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 08:33 AM

much replies ! many comments ! wow posts !

quick questions though; how is nightmare verit card is better then 200 int proc ? my guess is becuase WL doesn't scale well with int?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users