how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ? - Page 4 - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

how is magician class (sorc & warlock) these days ?

• Please log in to reply
1914 replies to this topic

#76 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

I dont understand The idea that you have to one shot something to being able to kill it, i dont build my wl to kill mvps and i can kill various mvps just fine, i cant kill valk because reasons, and ifrit alone is just a pain in the ass, but wls are not limited to tetra vortex, i dont even get why people still think tetra vortex is The -_- while is outdamaged by various skills SE, WB, CL, wich are bassically your big guns, tetra vortex is just for low tier mvps because of The time setuping. Also wls have a low HP pool but they have high defensive capabilities wich paired with decent gear make wonders, Celine Kimi is a good example, most if not all 175 wls will tell you that they can handle that mvp even if she hit over 8k per hit on fury. Truth is, on wl you need good gear like any other class, wl cant hit as hard as top tier classes indeed, wls can clear a good number of instances and so far they are still one of The best dps against ghost monsters, thanatos, bee, gloomy, Celine Kimi, naght sieger? Those are not low tier mvps :v, wls can clear 80% of ET when decent geared (mostly talking about mdef sets, well refined gear and basic survival stuff) at least

I was never into mvp hunting, though i was curious how powerful my tetra votex was so i went after orc hero to see its potential damage, and to my satisfaction, i one shot it. This amazed me so much because actual players in woe can take that same damage while frozen. More than 95% of players get ohkoed by my double elvira recog amped wind tetra vortex while frozen. And yet there is always that one person that just takes it. And im just left there in awe saying to myself "HOW?!?"

Without any buffs, I have 995matk, 44% bypassing, +39% matk(38% if rainbow scarf lost its effect), +43% to demi, and +40% wind damage. I dont think im a pushover in the magic department

Edited by mlmf, 16 April 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#77 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

I was never into mvp hunting, though i was curious how powerful my tetra votex was so i went after orc hero to see its potential damage, and to my satisfaction, i one shot it. This amazed me so much because actual players in woe can take that same damage while frozen. More than 95% of players get ohkoed by my double elvira recog amped wind tetra vortex while frozen. And yet there is always that one person that just takes it. And im just left there in awe saying to myself "HOW?!?"

Without any buffs, I have 995matk, 44% bypassing, +39% matk(38% if rainbow scarf lost its effect), +43% to demi, and +40% wind damage. I dont think im a pushover in the magic department

TV is a 4 hit attack. It can be potted if timed properly or if they have autopot.

Also, it seems you have been lucky. You have yet to see people using White shield something, the one that procs magic mirror lv 6 or so.

Is so easy to kill yourself nowdays...

#78 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

You should have seen me suffer back in pRO. Almost a third of woe players carried a maya card. It was hell for all WLs during those times.

The first 3 hits of tv will always flag the player as frozen though with the last one hitting whatever element he was wearing. You can heal even when youre flagged to be frozen?

They should honestly make pots have a .5 second delay after clicking. That way tv hits with everything before they can pot. Or better yet, disable potions when being constantly injured. That way warger rangers and edp GXs can be more useful in woe other than just an emp breaker.

This is also my main concern for the new water mage set with lacryma stick and pororoco shoes. Waterball damage is increased by a frightening 150% making each hit 625% matk, or 15,625% total damage(the set also allows you to use lv5 deluge), not including the +4% extra damage with water spells per refine of lacryma stick. The sheer total raw damage will easily surpass tetra vortex. But alas, its 25 separate hits. Even if the set did 150,000 total damage on a player. Thats only 6,000 damage per hit. With alot of players hp reaching 50k or more, simple potion spamming and immediate water armor switch will counter it. Waterball functions like jupitel thunder in which you can cast another spell while the first spell is in effect, but due to the requirement of being around water, and deluge cells dissapearing when waterball is used, means it cannot be spammed like CL even with strings.

I want this set to succeed though! If water spells become stronger, more people will get water armor, and if more people get water armor, i can kill more with lightning TV! Gravity! Make it happen!

Edited by mlmf, 17 April 2017 - 12:57 AM.

#79 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

one shotting MVPs ?! 

but then again, there's asura 

#80 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

one shotting MVPs ?!

but then again, there's asura

You do know tetra vortex is one of strongest moves in the game in terms of raw damage potential right? The only reason some melee skills like crushing strike and gfist go beyond TV damage is because most melee weapons have greater modifiers and benefit from more cards. A glorious claymore gives 75% extra damage to demi human off the bat, while a glorious destruction staff gives a measly 15%. Imagine if it was 75% like all other glorious weapons, or cards like hydra, archer skeleton, samurai spector, and all those status effect cards worked with spells. Warlocks and Sorcerers would be raining death all over the field

#81 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

and even with lower % on the glorious they still can do atrocious amounts of damage. In general the magic skills have a much higher skill% multiplier than the physical skills, but the games makes it easier to stack attack rather than matk. And well mdef formula hits magic much harder than def formula hits physical.

#82 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

There are MANY factors. All OP or almost (after all... Arrow Storm/Aimed Bolt, EDP+Dark Claw...) all OP skills ignore DEF, while almost no magic skill ignores MDEF. Currently we can make 100% MDEF bypass, but have to use a -_-ty low MATK weapon which is level 3, non-malangdo enchantable, and one of the slots must be used already with an MDEF-bypassing card, so high number spells are forbidden. But even with Tempest Set, Bio 5 hat and Sealed FBH card, the highest number I saw in a warlock's video was 800K damage Crimson Rock on Morroc's Necromancer, while I've seen a Ranger dealing 999.999 (actuall ~1.2M dmg) live with Arrow Storm, with no MVP cards or Godly Items.

It's just prejudice against magical classes. :heh:

#83 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

There are MANY factors. All OP or almost (after all... Arrow Storm/Aimed Bolt, EDP+Dark Claw...) all OP skills ignore DEF, while almost no magic skill ignores MDEF. Currently we can make 100% MDEF bypass, but have to use a -_-ty low MATK weapon which is level 3, non-malangdo enchantable, and one of the slots must be used already with an MDEF-bypassing card, so high number spells are forbidden. But even with Tempest Set, Bio 5 hat and Sealed FBH card, the highest number I saw in a warlock's video was 800K damage Crimson Rock on Morroc's Necromancer, while I've seen a Ranger dealing 999.999 (actuall ~1.2M dmg) live with Arrow Storm, with no MVP cards or Godly Items.

A +12 glorious destruction staff gives 44% bypass but that the only item that can help bypass wh8le having a strong weapon simultaneously

Edited by mlmf, 17 April 2017 - 04:56 PM.

#84 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

TV is a 4 hit attack. It can be potted if timed properly or if they have autopot.

Also, it seems you have been lucky. You have yet to see people using White shield something, the one that procs magic mirror lv 6 or so.

Is so easy to kill yourself nowdays...

I played woe yesterday and not a single person reflected a magical attack at me. I know that some people have magic reflect gears, happened to me a few weeks ago in woe, but doesnt seem to be that common yet, at least in thor server.

Edited by mlmf, 17 April 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#85 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:31 AM

i guess making mage class requires a lot of love !! 

has any items of OCP 5 helped mage class ?

#86 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

Well OCP 5 is completely useless for mage classes, its more designed for thief classes.

#87 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

Well OCP 5 is completely useless for mage classes, its more designed for thief classes.

I think the pororoca set can be usefull in pvm situations. Its also excellent in taking down mvps

#88 Azumatsu

Azumatsu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

arrow storm and edp not ignore deff though

why people buy SS xbow and use ice pick if the skill already ignore deff :p_swt:

#89 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:47 PM

I think the pororoca set can be usefull in pvm situations. Its also excellent in taking down mvps

go to the pvm videos section and you will see xD

Spoiler

#90 Gabrielr04

Gabrielr04

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:03 PM

I loved that spoiler, waiting for that new mesmerist reset to get my WL ready for pororoca set c:

#91 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

go to the pvm videos section and you will see xD

Spoiler

Any videos of the set veing used in pvp/woe?

#92 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

arrow storm and edp not ignore deff though

why people buy SS xbow and use ice pick if the skill already ignore deff :p_swt:

That's why I listed them right after I wrote "almost". =P They're still OP, but don't ignore DEF.

#93 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

Well the Pororoca Shoes aint from OCP 5, they were from older packages. Of course, Pororoca Shoes with La'Cryma Stick are especially helpful in PVM with its MDEF piercing.

#94 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:45 AM

Any videos of the set veing used in pvp/woe?

You cant use deluge in woe so the castles with water where you can stood off are very limited, i dont think anyone will use pororoca set on woe, at least on chaos because there are only a coupe of WLs playing anyway, and the ones that are playing has access to FBH, also, mdef hit hard mages on woe (more WLs than Sorcs, the former doesnt hit hards aswell but cristalize helps a lot) and elemental advantage is not much considering how easy is to stack elements, also most people realize that for WLs their best spells are the ones based of wind/ghost and fire, so they can use proof potions accordingly wich means more reductions.

#95 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

That's why I listed them right after I wrote "almost". =P They're still OP, but don't ignore DEF.

The funny thing is that Ranger is the most OP class on IRO already, and yet some people still want it to get even more overpowered with possible new OCP gears. *sigh*

Edited by LordYggdrasill, 19 April 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#96 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:26 AM

The funny thing is that Ranger is the most OP class on IRO already, and yet some people still want it to get even more overpowered with possible new OCP gears. *sigh*

After playing with RK, GX, Gene and Ranger, I agree. Even though I haven't really played with gene, specially because my Amistr is still an Amistr, but even with Cylinder and Tengu Mask, CC is not as powerful as AS. It's way more spammable, OK, but the power to obliterate everything around you more than makes up for the lost raw DPS if any. Also, Ranger AB > Geneticist AB... :v

#97 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:34 PM

Um no, rangers are really strong but saying they are the most op of the 13 3rd jobs can vary from person to person.

As a warlock that that has raidius 3 and likes storing tetra vortex, rangers drop like flies even with weak skills like chain lightning. I even once killed one with hell inferno when i misclicked. Rangers are more paperthin than warlocks.

Another is no limit and its duration/cooldown. In an hour you can only use it 12 times, and it only lasts a minute per use. Put it in a 2 hour moba setting with hundreds of players rushing in and you will often find those moments where you wished you could have used it more.

If you asked me what the most op class is, i would put my money on sura. The sheer utility of their skills makes them capable of handling any situation. AoE damage, 1v1, 1 v many, relocate to EC synergy, relocate to escape an unwinnable situation, status ailment recovery, eliminating range advantage, disrupting an insaney solid player wall, playing a support and offense role sumultaneouly. Even suras stop suras from entering the emp room. Suras can do anything except break an emperium.

#98 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

Most people are talking about pvm and on pvm rangers are pretty strong, along with gxs and genes, on PvP suras are really strong along with sc, wich are probably The best classes hands down for PvP/gvg.

#99 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:29 PM

Damn, i keep forgetting this forum is for pvm. The title is misleading lol

#100 WhiteHerb

WhiteHerb

Amateur Blogger