[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 - Page 3 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived] Running Ragnarok Online on Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
236 replies to this topic

#51 Seraphiel

Seraphiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

So I got a new laptop, RO freezes like every 2-3 minutes for like 3~5 seconds. During that time, I can't do anything. Strange thing is that RO BGM still plays. It also happens when I see any new sprite on the screen. Any ideas how to fix this? =/

My equipment:

* Produced by Acer
* Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (SP1)
* Radeon HD 6310
* 6GB RAM
* AMD E-350 Processor - 1.60GHz (Dual-Core)

#52 LightFollow1

LightFollow1

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationPeru
  • Server:None >.<

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

"Failed to Get" Errors

Hmmm, do you mean like, ex:

1795 2011-4-4data_gm.gpf
1796 2011-4-6data_gm_brasilis.gpf

Let´s say the brasilis is failing to me, Should I put the 1796 on the encode thing or the 1795 on the encode thingy?, that would help a lot thanks..

Edited by LightFollow1, 19 November 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#53 Mogar

Mogar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:14 PM

Whenever I tried to install the game, it takes about 30 minutes for the installation to start but after 20 minutes of no progress it says that the installation has been interrupted.

#54 Vhae

Vhae

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:56 PM

I have been trying to fun this for two days. It installs fine, it patches normally. But whenever I click "Start" all that shows up is a tiny window, and nothing changes, nothing ever loads, and I can't only get rid of the little window using the task manager to kill the app. I have uninstalled and re-installed, redownloaded, multiple times. I moved it from program files to desktop. I tried running it as admin.

I'm on an emachines dual core, geforce 9500 vid card, running Vista SP2. Help, please!

Sometimes this error pops up:
Exception Type: 0xc0000005

0x765f9b2b msvcrt.dll
0x6c31852c D3DIM700.DLL
0x6c31992a D3DIM700.DLL
0x6c31b613 D3DIM700.DLL
0x0041a37d ragexe.exe
0x0481ead8
0x79df52cd

ETA: I did finally figure out the tiny screen issue. I had to change the resolution in the setup. Doh to wasting two days on such a simple solution.

Job : Novice

Edited by Vhae, 26 January 2012 - 01:42 PM.

#55 wolfenways

wolfenways

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'm trying to download Ragnarok Online through Firefox, and in the Downloads window, it doesn't show that it's downloading. It just says "Starting..."

Can someone help?

#56 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

I wonder if anyone still checks this topic.
So, I wanted to return to game, downloaded and patched. After I press "start" on patcher to run the game I get bunch of errors, saying:
I believe the last one could be repeated endlessly, I only could shut it down with task manager.
I'm using Vista, and I never had any problems with playing RO.

Please post the text of those error messages, or host them on a site that is not blacklisted as a malware distributor, I can't see them.

#57 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:12 AM

Whew, I just wanted to post in in a new topic and a wild reply appeared :)

1. On top, where program name usually shows:
Lua Files\DataInfo\jobName
Error message:
jobname.lua:1803: table index is nil

2.Top:
Lua Files\SkillInfoz\skilltreeview

3.Top:
ReqJobName
jobname_f.lua: attempt to index global 'Job Name Table' (a nil value)

#58 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

Whew, I just wanted to post in in a new topic and a wild reply appeared :)

1. On top, where program name usually shows:
Lua Files\DataInfo\jobName
Error message:
jobname.lua:1803: table index is nil

2.Top:
Lua Files\SkillInfoz\skilltreeview

3.Top:
ReqJobName
jobname_f.lua: attempt to index global 'Job Name Table' (a nil value)

The lua files used for the interface are missing and/or corrupted. Reinstall, or get a clean copy of those files from someone else and put them in the data directory in your RO folder. If the files are present, and you're still getting those errors, suspect that UAC is hiding the files, and uninstall RO and reinstall to a location outside of program files.

#59 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Well, I've just reinstalled RO and for some reason I'm getting the same errors... I also don't have anyone who could send me the files, unless someone here is kind enough to do so. My UAC is off, I had issues with it while running other program, and my RO is not in program files.

Edit:
No matter what I did with it, how many times and how I reinstalled it, it had problem with those lua files ._.
But I managed to get a full copy of RO from my boyfriend, it seems to be working, hard to tell right now snice there's maintenance going on.

Edited by rodezja, 01 March 2012 - 02:14 PM.

#60 Guiskyline

Guiskyline

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:15 PM

Hey there, I got a problem like this, it says that &quot;the program can't start because MSVCP90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.&quot; when I run ragexe.exe.
When I run ragnarok.exe (the normal path) it does actuallize and stops working, just don't open the login screen. I have already: deactivated my antivirus protection to try, redownloaded iRO and installed in a different path that the other, reinstalled win7 at my PC, &nbsp;it just doesn't open! And I used to play Valk by 1 month, I'm a 95 Gypsy and so excited for leveling, was whilling to buy KPs when reach WA. Dunno what I can do, help me, I'm desperated /o\.

Regards,

Higurashi.

#61 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

Hey there, I got a problem like this, it says that &quot;the program can't start because MSVCP90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.&quot; when I run ragexe.exe.
When I run ragnarok.exe (the normal path) it does actuallize and stops working, just don't open the login screen. I have already: deactivated my antivirus protection to try, redownloaded iRO and installed in a different path that the other, reinstalled win7 at my PC, &nbsp;it just doesn't open! And I used to play Valk by 1 month, I'm a 95 Gypsy and so excited for leveling, was whilling to buy KPs when reach WA. Dunno what I can do, help me, I'm desperated /o\.

Regards,

Higurashi.

Run windows updates, and if that doesn't work, try installing .net framework.

That's a library that should be present on your computer; Ragnarok should run on a stock Win7 machine.

#62 YahoooUhoo

YahoooUhoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:16 PM

I just switch computers and RO stop working for me. I am currently running Win7. Disabled UAC. Provided Gravity folder with full write access. I also placed a check on all of the .exe files with run as admin.

I did everthing listed above, but I can't get pass the Setup.exe field. Everytime I click on on the settings it would pop right back up. HELP!

#63 polax

polax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Locationjapan
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

( failed to connect to server ) always when i try to log in. did my ip adress block?

#64 bagtakers

bagtakers

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

pls help me how to solve my problem in patch for the ragnarok.. it says that failed to get 2011-04-21 data gm.gpf file i downloaded it yesterday!
:sob:

#65 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

pls help me how to solve my problem in patch for the ragnarok.. it says that failed to get 2011-04-21 data gm.gpf file i downloaded it yesterday!
:sob:

That's the first patch it's trying to apply.

So it's not able to download patch files at all - but it CAN download the list of files to patch.

Open internet explorer, and see if you can get to ftp://ropatch2.gravityus.com - (you should see a page that says "Index of /" and some folders under it). If you cannot, either your ISP is blocking FTP access, or - more likely - your browser settings are messed up. This is not unheardof, but I've been unsuccessful in determining how the problem was fixed. I am very interested if you can figure out how to fix it, as others have had this problem.

#66 Elyria

Elyria

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Running vista, trying to install. download of install works then I run install, it stagnates for a few minutes then asks me to agree. I agree, tried installing to program files didnt work. tried installing to new folder in C drive, sits at 0% install for about 5 minutes then says it failed to install.

#67 cashems4

cashems4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Hi ya i got the same issue this game wont let me download it as a exe only a .msi see multiple attemps to a fail i tried diffrent browsers and everythig :x.
file:///C:/Users/Cash/Pictures/omg.PNG
this one was after i let it download
file:///C:/Users/Cash/Pictures/Ragnarok%20Incomplete.PNG
and finnaly the failure
file:///C:/Users/Cash/Pictures/Windows%20Installer%20Package.PNG
windows package installer is a .msi when i need the application .exe im going crazy =.= someone help meeeeee

Edited by cashems4, 01 July 2012 - 08:07 AM.

#68 FSMacky

FSMacky

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

Hi, same problem here... 2011-4-21 anyone have done all solutions still not working :sob:
already downloaded the manual patch through IE :wall: :wall: :wall:
anyone there??

#69 amonkkilla

amonkkilla

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

I need Gm help anyone here??

#70 ToiletSauce

ToiletSauce

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hello, I just tried downloading the Ragnarok client a few hours ago. It went fine... until I tried to install the program into my computer. When the Ragnarok Online Setup box popped up I got an error. The error says:

''There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.'' After I press okay it just ends... The setup wizard only has the ''Finish'' button after and then it won't install. I don't know what DLL i'm missing since it doesn't specify what it is. Can anyone help me?

I got the download file from the website itself. It's called: iRO-14.1.2-FullInstall-20120816-2012.msi

#71 ToiletSauce

ToiletSauce

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I have been trying to fun this for two days. It installs fine, it patches normally. But whenever I click "Start" all that shows up is a tiny window, and nothing changes, nothing ever loads, and I can't only get rid of the little window using the task manager to kill the app. I have uninstalled and re-installed, redownloaded, multiple times. I moved it from program files to desktop. I tried running it as admin.

I'm on an emachines dual core, geforce 9500 vid card, running Vista SP2. Help, please!

Sometimes this error pops up:
Exception Type: 0xc0000005

0x765f9b2b msvcrt.dll
0x6c31852c D3DIM700.DLL
0x6c31992a D3DIM700.DLL
0x6c31b613 D3DIM700.DLL
0x0041a37d ragexe.exe
0x0481ead8
0x79df52cd

ETA: I did finally figure out the tiny screen issue. I had to change the resolution in the setup. Doh to wasting two days on such a simple solution.

Job : Novice

Hello! How did you get it to fix? I tried running the set up as admin and changed the settings to a higher resolution yet the settings do not apply since I still get a tiny screen after running Ragnarok.

#72 errrm

errrm

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

i need help . :'< well. i can patch ro properly . without any problems . but whenever i click start my window closes and nothing happens after that . D:

#73 silver8102

silver8102

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:17 AM

Hi. i have setting problem. i tried to run the setup as admin. it seems that i can't save the settings. i made some changes and clicked "OK". instead of "setup saved", it popped up small blank board. no text or image in it. just blank. then i assumed it is saved. so i tried to run the patcher. patcher completed. then i clicked "start", something popped up said "attempt global index "OptionInfoList" (a nil of value).... then the RO start but in small screen resolution 640X480.. tried to change the resolution but cant save. same thing pop out.. plsss help.. :(((

#74 naojason

naojason

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

i need help . :'< well. i can patch ro properly . without any problems . but whenever i click start my window closes and nothing happens after that . D:

I spent hours trying to fix this. As it turns out, the "ZoneAlarm LTD Toolbar IswSvc" was causing Ragnarok Online to crash. (and it's not required to run ZoneAlarm either)

A few things you might try that haven't been mentioned in this thread:
1. Attempt to resolve the APPCRASH issue in general. This link has some excellent ways to do this: http://www.slideshar...7-app-crash-fix
2. If you still have problems, even after pinpointing which service is crashing Ragexe.exe, you may need to disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for all Ragnarok Programs.

#75 didibg

didibg

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

thank you it worked for me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users