Ragnarok Online: RE:START - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Ragnarok Online: RE:START

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
987 replies to this topic

#101 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

Stat is using renewal system so not really theorycraft... People just need to think that classic build won't work so well (especially support builds). It means support build just need "few adjustment"...

Non Renewal players will have to learn though. Also, Classic builds not working is where the theorycrafting is at and this applies to everything but mainly to guild rosters.

Edited by Tanzanito, 20 June 2017 - 06:56 PM.

#102 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

cast times are also different from renewal

Simply no fixed cast time, but you can't get instant cast with 150 DEX since it's renewal formula... So it's already pre-warning to not build 99 DEX Wizard...

#103 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

So, if this is gonna be a weird hybrid of Renewal and pre renewal, I hope they give us the renewal experience chart. I'm not dealing with the stupid old scale. And call me weird, but I like the experience penalty, it keeps you exploring the world (unless they would be dumb enough to put gramps in).

I guess I'll just have to wait until we get more details.

#104 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:12 PM

Because not everyone speaks Thai or Tagalog. Am I missing something? What?

The Revoclassic pRO w/c EE is handling is in English. Community wise, we speak english as well just as how pinoys are doing in Chaos right now. 

But yeah, i'll just wait for the FAQs

#105 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:22 PM

When iRO has neglected Classic for years, ignored everything WoE related on Renewal for 4 years, and constantly shoves P2W items down your throat, there are very good reasons to be worried.

Smoke and mirrors.

#106 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:38 PM

This is just like twRO. Open new server, milk all the money out of player trying to be best on the server. Proceed to open one more 2 month later, do the same thing. Both server run out of population, merge the two server together. The server is still kind of low pop, merge them with one of the old servers with less population. Bam, RO tactics, the same thing no matter what region. 

sounds familiar

#107 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:43 PM

When iRO has neglected Classic for years, ignored everything WoE related on Renewal for 4 years, and constantly shoves P2W items down your throat, there are very good reasons to be worried.

Yeah i know man,i'm worried too but spreading negativity is not going to help.

RO was ALWAYS p2w (well,since the cash shop),those new p2w itens are just more p2w than before.

#108 3025140119203620510

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Those revoclassic server EXP table requires 4 times the amount of exp to level than the regular classics. 4 hours with BMX of solo grinding will yield like 0.2% in the 95+ levels. I took over 300m exp to level up in the last levels It took people 3-4 months to get to level 99 lol.

​They are mostly making money by selling blue potions, BMX, exp ring, and other consumable off cash shop.

Edited by 3025140119203620510, 20 June 2017 - 07:49 PM.

#109 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

so that explains the OCPs. Milk everyone through OP gears. Then once everyone emptied all their wallets getting mob scarf, *BAM*, new server.

Edited by zilahmonsan, 20 June 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#110 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:52 PM

I do not understand. How is it classic with renewal mechanics? Renewal mechanics are atrocious. I like the renewal QoL.

#111 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

Please don't include anything but costumes in the Kafra shop else this server will not last more than a few months

#112 MrPeep

MrPeep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

RO was ALWAYS p2w (well,since the cash shop),those new p2w itens are just more p2w than before.

Well the truth isn't always cheery and nice lol. Stating facts isn't spreading negativity, People are just pointing out things that are most likely going to happen since it has happened already, repeatedly and still will continue to happen. Server will die out after its initial burst of excitement. T U F F

#113 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hilarious when people constantly spamming negative comments on WP forum asks people not to be negative in a thread. -_- hypocrites :heh: . 

#114 YuyaFungami

YuyaFungami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 287 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

So you get a key for points before you can even pre-register?

#115 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:13 PM

Having P2W items or OP items in cash shop is a sign of a healthy server /gg

#116 havokkmorands

havokkmorands

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:20 PM

Hilarious when people constantly spamming negative comments on WP forum asks people not to be negative in a thread. -_- hypocrites :heh: . 

Well, when a little hope becomes for us, what will you wait? This isn't a good idea call anyone hypocrite for believe in one idea. So, sit and calm ur ass

#117 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:22 PM

Talk in my face man 

I'm just kidding most of times and this is a new server,it's not like chaos,if you start spreading negativity ,well,how do you expect people to play it?

If i would spam negative comments,for real,i would not do that cause i would not even log in on forums anymore. I'm still here cause i really want rebel awakening and well,it's comming i guess :D

Having P2W items or OP items in cash shop is a sign of a healthy server /gg

That's how jRO is maaking a lot of money,i guess you are right  :p_idea:

Edited by Hissis, 20 June 2017 - 08:27 PM.

#118 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:23 PM

few weeks ago I attend the idRO community gathering held by Gravindo (gravity branch in indonesia)

the CEO said that there will be an 3 country tournament, covering indonesia, thailand and philiphine

I think simillar event will occur in other region too

I think this server mean 2 do that

Edited by heickelrrx, 20 June 2017 - 08:25 PM.

#119 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:30 PM

kek

#120 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:34 PM

I guess this explains why they've dragged their feet with Classic for 12 months. As someone who really enjoys the Classic mechanics I cant see myself playing or enjoying this server. I also find it hard to believe that iRO would be able to deliver monthly updates unless the content was 100% pre-packaged and ready to go for every single month. The amount of changes that need to be made to advance a server is huge.

#121 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

since kro appears to be pushing this judging by other servers it should be prepacked or i hope so. you probably won't find the pretrans era that much different themes just some things are more useful but trans on the other hand wew.

#122 Arkteris

Arkteris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:51 PM

I await the Q&A. I literally came back to iRO 3 days ago and I am glad I didn't spend any money yet. If I plan to spend any I will spend it on this server. I can't wait to see the fresh economy, players out and about leveling, and the first few WoEs :).

#123 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

astra , pls promote this so we get the hype going outside of this community. 

camp , pls post some more detailed info about where this lays between classic/renewal. as far as exp mechanics/rates, cast times, def numbers, card effects, mvp difficulty, ect. these things will have a lot to do with who decides to play it. well, out of our existing community. i'm sure this will draw in players if it's promoted at all.

ALSO astra, and camp. a breif history of the order of events ("this was added, and then classes had 2 options", blah blah blah. "after that it was discovered that the shwaltz republic" blah blah blah) not only would it be a good set up for whats to come. it would be a super cool history lesson for the community.

a youtube video promoting the new progression server should be produced and posted asap! there is a good deal of hype going around atm from other official openings. use those searches on youtube to your advantage! serch on youtube for channels that have done a review of iro, or play ragnarok. ask them to review the new server. ect. ect. 

#124 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

are people seriously falling for this crap again? everyone knows they're going to instill kafra shop items into it immediately which destroys the concept of original ragnarok. you know... doing it the hard way?

people so ready to hop a new classic when there's one in play that barely anyone even bothers playing... wtf is this logic lol.

#125 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

people buying new iphones when it has the same feature as the current one.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users