Ragnarok Online: RE:START - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Ragnarok Online: RE:START

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
987 replies to this topic

#126 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:01 PM

Before open this server, you guys will deal with bots? will be like Chaos? (mean bots are seems like legit) Classic (Before open you guys say will work to stop, 2 weeks later you guys was like "we cant do anything about it, deal with it"), i know you guys cant stop that, but pretty sure can reduce a great amount.

Kafra shop how will work? Renewal given OP jRO items, i have positive and negative points in this one, but we can talk about OCPs in another thread, in Classic was a real "chaos" there lol, weapons already with elements made the Blacksmith forge skill and cards useless.

Gramps, you guys will implement this kind of stupid NPC? this is the reason why players in renewal complain about everything in game, "Cheap / OP cards and gears" "cant found any party" "I cant made zenny" "Oh no there are range mobs, another week without play" "Put this week x mob because x card is overprice" etc.

Bugs and Fixes, finally we have a real and play-able server? or will be deal with the same bugs, errors, problems, over and over, and the only solution for everything disable and leave in a "looking into in" or "wait for Daddy kRO do it something" for years and never happen?

WoE...you guys can finally do it something here? im not Xellie to post a bible here but we have a lot of post about everything of actual and basic WoE problems

There are more problems but for now that is, i was very happy when hear about the Classic server years ago, then just 1 week of playing was enough to say "i back to Chaos, this is easy and a future dead~ghost server" and look! was what i thinking.

#127 Arkteris

Arkteris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:04 PM

are people seriously falling for this crap again? everyone knows they're going to instill kafra shop items into it immediately which destroys the concept of original ragnarok. you know... doing it the hard way?

people so ready to hop a new classic when there's one in play that barely anyone even bothers playing... wtf is this logic lol.

As a player who doesn't have a character in the currently established server I feel left behind. Sure, I could spend hours grinding and eventually make it to 99/70 trans on classic or I could go to a server where everyone is starting fresh. Players will actually be doing the content I am currently at. The economy won't be flooded with high tier gear and etc.

The community on the new server will be mostly fresh as well which I look forward to. People will be looking to meet other returning players and recruit into guilds actively. It'll just have a different atmosphere than the other server(s)

#128 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:11 PM

As a player who doesn't have a character in the currently established server I feel left behind. Sure, I could spend hours grinding and eventually make it to 99/70 trans on classic or I could go to a server where everyone is starting fresh. Players will actually be doing the content I am currently at. The economy won't be flooded with high tier gear and etc.

The community on the new server will be mostly fresh as well which I look forward to. People will be looking to meet other returning players and recruit into guilds actively. It'll just have a different atmosphere than the other server(s)

This guy actually understands how private servers can complete with a well-established official server like iRO

#129 Arkteris

Arkteris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

This guy actually understands how private servers can complete with a well-established official server like iRO

Even people who play the private servers will be coming to iRO just to play this new server. Even if they don't plan to stay. Most people just don't want to come to RO and play on official rates and etc because there's just no motivation. The competition and atmosphere on a fresh server is something to stomps on the grind. The concept as well of being able to play all of the episodes month by month sounds awesome to me as well. Hopefully it's as others stated before and Trans classes are released after a few months, then third classes and etc. Either way I just really look forward to experiencing the first few months of this server. If I enjoy it I might stay longer.

--This is my last post until 9:50 PM today. Stupid forum restrictions for new accounts =/.

#130 mrricebox

mrricebox

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2194 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

kek

I'm with him on this one.

#131 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

It's rather obvious these revo servers are designed to cater to new RO players, not veteran RO players. They had 15 years to retain veteran players and they failed, so they've chosen to invest their time into attracting a new generation of RO players.

#132 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

Well, when a little hope becomes for us, what will you wait? This isn't a good idea call anyone hypocrite for believe in one idea. So, sit and calm ur ass

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

Talk in my face man 

But I already do tell it in your face everytime I see you. 

#133 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

Can I get some email notification when this goes online somehow? I never check these forums and have probably forgotten about it until then lol

#134 bgmds

bgmds

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

Tons of problems in the other servers? Solution: Open a new one.

+10000000000000000000000000000000

#135 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:46 PM

It seems EXE doesn't share anti-botting measure with Gravity so IDRO is being infested by bot. :/

#136 Kroux8

Kroux8

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:47 PM

waste of time.

#137 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

It seems EXE doesn't share anti-botting measure with Gravity so IDRO is being infested by bot. :/

That seems rather odd considering how GRAVITY pretty much handed EXE the rights to thRO and pRO on a silver platter. Does this mean iRO won't be getting the same anti-bot protections as well? Why bother even opening a new server if people are going to bot it to hell like they have with Chaos and Thor?

#138 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

That seems rather odd considering how GRAVITY pretty much handed EXE the rights to thRO and pRO on a silver platter. Does this mean iRO won't be getting the same anti-bot protections as well? Why bother even opening a new server if people are going to bot it to hell like they have with Chaos and Thor?

EXE developed this measure by themselves, oh with anti-bot program (Easy Anti Cheat : EAC)
Unless the server uses EAC as protection program. I don't think bot can be prevented.

#139 Tokio

Tokio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:24 AM

Please no rental gear and battle manuals! I think that killed the fun during classic launch, because you could just OP solo level and power to 99. Old old RO took people time to level. Just have shop costumes for money stream. 

Please no Eden quests! I miss old leveling where you naturally form parties on maps together, allowing you to socialize and explore the world. I liked to take higher level characters to newbie zones and support people, too. Not just teleport in with people of your level-locked range, all segregated and streamlined. 

Please promote it so there will be many players! Real promo, not just asking us to tell our friends. 

#140 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

Hopefully in this new server female characters dont wear clothes, for an extra chargr on top of your vip to get a backstage, all access pass huehuehue

#141 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:02 AM

I don't get people whining about WP 'neglecting' Classic server. Classic server would get to the point that is it now sooner or later, there's NO WAY it wouldn't stagnate simply because there isn't new content/items/dungeons getting released anymore, with that said, how do people expect the server to stay "fresh" and exciting? I mean, unless WP start to actually develop custom episodes just like pservers there's no way to save Classic server. 

At least this one is a new kind of RO content, and it's not actually RENEWAL per se since we all know renewal classes drive a lot of people away. I mean, it's going to happen no matter what kind of "WHAT ABOUT MUH CHAOS/LOKI SERVER?" they'll get from it, so it's better to actually try to help them to make a good server this time instead of being all pessimist about it.

Ah, btw, even though WP isn't a great company to manage the server, it's still the best out there (apart from jRO). 

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 June 2017 - 02:10 AM.

#142 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:16 AM

are people seriously falling for this crap again? everyone knows they're going to instill kafra shop items into it immediately which destroys the concept of original ragnarok. you know... doing it the hard way?

I used to think like you. Unfortunately I had to accept that this is the business model EVERY MMORPG is taking. Some to a higher extent than others but there's simply no way to get a server without any micro transaction items anymore because after all WP is a company and money will always talk louder.

#143 Yeoh900418

Yeoh900418

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTo decide later
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:23 AM

What is the main purpose of creating another new server for RO??

To attract more ppl to play RO or just to make another server to extinct?

This is kinda =,=ll

With declining in IRO population, should not we start to tackle in this, just putting more advertisement/ special offer to attract more ppl in?

At least, GM team should come out a good plan to retain ppl to keep playing IRO, with new events, instances, quick bug fixes, and etc.

#144 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:37 AM

What'll happen to the renewal servers? surely this'll decrease number of players on both servers. 

@CMs

Can you at least share any plans that you have for Thor and Chaos?

I remember when the new pRO was announced, a lot of threads popped up if Thor/Chaos will finally be merged due to the possibility of loosing players, I guess this is their answer.

Start a new server similar to new pRO but handled by WP, so money still goes to WP. 

It's more of a -_-block strategy than a business strategy  :heh:

Edited by Usurper, 21 June 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#145 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:03 AM

The point is that Ph players are enough with the staff they had, it's a well played strategy from warp portal, and it will be a nice experience to have, i remember the first day i started ragnarok, the little merchant branding that giant axe... good times...

#146 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:16 AM

What'll happen to the renewal servers? surely this'll decrease number of players on both servers. 

@CMs

Can you at least share any plans that you have for Thor and Chaos?

I remember when the new pRO was announced, a lot of threads popped up if Thor/Chaos will finally be merged due to the possibility of loosing players, I guess this is their answer.

Start a new server similar to new pRO but handled by WP, so money still goes to WP. 

It's more of a -_-block strategy than a business strategy  :heh:

If you're on Chaos, you stay on Chaos and farm it.  It'll be more empty than it already is, but once the new server dies after renewal gets introduced and it's out of "new" old content after a little over a year, they'll merge the two servers to "spice things up".

And then in another year, they'll RE:RE:START.

#147 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:25 AM

it's like Boruto

#148 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:28 AM

this reminds me of something

I used to play web MMO long time ago, heavily P2W game $$$$, in-game shop that expensive af and unbalanced class as well 

people throwing money like no tomorrow , 

they used same trick, open->ditch->open->ditch

and everyone making a new character to join a new server to dominate,

from 6 servers to last time i checked 225 servers, 

most of them are empty as well lol

but im telling you, the company is success 

from that game, they able to buy few new games, and survived until now

Edited by Silvianna, 21 June 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#149 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:34 AM

With declining in IRO population, should not we start to tackle in this, just putting more advertisement/ special offer to attract more ppl in?
At least, GM team should come out a good plan to retain ppl to keep playing IRO, with new events, instances, quick bug fixes, and etc.

There's no audience left to cater, most old players are not coming back to RO anymore since they'd rather play overwatch, csgo, RO2 or any other kind of instant gratification game. And even if there's, the servers are really intimidating to new players since prices are REALLY inflated, everything is expensive, big guilds are sitting on actual hundreds of mvp cards and god items as some of them farmed empty servers for months (Looking at you Animosity). So there's really no motivation left to start none of the servers. But with a new server that's kind of a hybrid between classic and renewal, people not only will have to learn, research, etc but it is a fresh start.

Also, you guys need to realize this isn't a choice. There are no options like:

A-Create new revo classic server
-OR-
B-Use the resources improving current servers.

This is something being pushed globally by gravity and WP probably won't create this from scratch since it's done already, also it's unlikely that they'll have the choice between getting newer/custom content and more resources instead of the server. fRO and bRO will much likely get their own as well pretty soon.

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 June 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#150 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:37 AM

There's no audience left to cater, most old players are not coming back to RO anymore since they'd rather play overwatch, csgo, RO2 or any other kind of instant gratification game. And even if there's, the servers are really intimidating to new players, since prices are REALLY inflated, everything is expensive, big guilds are sitting on actual hundreds of mvp cards and god items since some of them farmed empty servers (Looking at you Animosity). So there's really no motivation left to start one of the servers. But with a new server that's kind of a hybrid between classic and renewal, people not only will have to learn, research, etc but it is is fresh start.

Also, you guys need to realize this isn't a choice. There are no options like:

A-Create new revo classic server
-OR-
B-Use the resources improving current servers.

This is something being pushed globally by gravity and its probably already . WP probably won't create this from scratch and it's unlikely that they'll have the choice between getting newer/custom content and more resources instead of the server. fRO and bRO will much likely get their own as well.

So, you do support a wipe would be the only way to have real fresh start? I realy support this idea.

Edited by Ethanasael, 21 June 2017 - 03:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users