Ragnarok Online: RE:START - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 14 votes

Ragnarok Online: RE:START

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
987 replies to this topic

#151 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

So, you do support a wipe would be the only way to have real fresh start? I realy support this idea.

Well, a wipe would have a really negative effect and it'd probably make a LOT of players quit. With the new server, people that want the fresh start feel would have it, but also, players that got a -_- ton of stuff in Chaos would still have their stuff.

Wiping wouldn't force actual players to restart. So no, I don't support any kind of wiping.

#152 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:18 AM

You're right.

#153 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:32 AM

renewal has their own fanbase so do classic

there is no need 2 wipe anything, just keep both, RO player aren't limited 2 current Chaos+thor+loki server, there should be lot other ppl that might join

There's no audience left to cater, most old players are not coming back to RO anymore since they'd rather play overwatch, csgo, RO2 or any other kind of instant gratification game. And even if there's, the servers are really intimidating to new players since prices are REALLY inflated, everything is expensive, big guilds are sitting on actual hundreds of mvp cards and god items as some of them farmed empty servers for months (Looking at you Animosity). So there's really no motivation left to start none of the servers. But with a new server that's kind of a hybrid between classic and renewal, people not only will have to learn, research, etc but it is a fresh start.

Also, you guys need to realize this isn't a choice. There are no options like:

A-Create new revo classic server
-OR-
B-Use the resources improving current servers.

This is something being pushed globally by gravity and WP probably won't create this from scratch since it's done already, also it's unlikely that they'll have the choice between getting newer/custom content and more resources instead of the server. fRO and bRO will much likely get their own as well pretty soon.

To be honest recently me and my friend decided 2 play iRO, to be honest lot of ppl are sick with linear MMORPG that surely go died after 3/4 years, 

and yeah the trend of MOBA and FPS currently dominating game market, it's not the RO are declining, the whole MMORPG is

but I believe RO is way better than most MMO, 

Edited by heickelrrx, 21 June 2017 - 04:38 AM.

#154 zilahmonsan

zilahmonsan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:52 AM

Just played Ragnarok Online PH CBT. It was very refreshing and got me interested for at least an hour. It became boring really really fast for me. I just couldn't bring myself to start again.

Edited by zilahmonsan, 21 June 2017 - 04:54 AM.

#155 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:40 AM

So, you do support a wipe would be the only way to have real fresh start? I realy support this idea.

No a fresh restart won't work and it is totally unfair to people who have invested so much time in the sever. Creating a new server is a way to go to cater players who wants to jump in the RO boat but have missed it. Now it is a chance.

#156 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

feels like deja vu when they first introduced classic and merged ymir, valk, and ygg

#157 kyogen

kyogen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

And today is the last day im buying WPE. I should have seen this before finalizing may WPE purchase. :(

Edited by kyogen, 21 June 2017 - 06:24 AM.

#158 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:29 AM

It is very disrespectful and unfair calling out the staff on repeated occasions (not necessarily in this thread). Users could be unhappy with an update/change and go on the lengths to stretch their frustration, but let me tell you this, touching the well-being of a person regardless WP staff or not is overdone. Why the staff are not doing this and doing that ? By all means, create a thousand reason 'why' instead of haunting the staff/user.

Saying that, please have the common decency when addressing individuals, specifically those who are working on these games.

Removed some posts.

#159 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:42 AM

It is very disrespectful and unfair calling out the staff on repeated occasions (not necessarily in this thread). Users could be unhappy with an update/change and go on the lengths to stretch their frustration, but let me tell you this, touching the well-being of a person regardless WP staff or not is overdone. Why the staff are not doing this and doing that ? By all means, create a thousand reason 'why' instead of haunting the staff/user.

Saying that, please have the common decency when addressing individuals, specifically those who are working on these games.

Removed some posts.

Like i say, some users don't direct atack but their intent, using disrespectful language and irony, can be even worse than a direct atack. Lets stop this guys, we are all old enough already.

Server opening speaking, there is a planned date for launch or the server keeps in dev? All formulas will be the same as renewal or will be implemented as server progress? things like cast time and defense formulas from renewal, without things renewal and later episodes added to game will be painful..

#160 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:56 AM

I might be missing something from the discussions because there were no explanation at all 

Classic content but using Renewal formulas and mechanics , no in-game shop at all? not even Faw?

Isnt that difficult ? since, lets talk about the simplest thing

Renewal requires insane amount of Dexterity in stat, not mention about Fixed & the adjusted Var cast time that requires 150+ int and 150+ dex to make it Insta by stats

#161 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:59 AM

no in-game shop at all?

This is something you shouldn't ever expect in 2017.

#162 EdwinKuswanto

EdwinKuswanto

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 861 posts
  • Server:[Renewa]Chaos

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:00 AM

What is this [Removed]?, a new server?

>Experience the nostalgia of the classic MMORPG Ragnarok Online with Ragnarok RE:START! iRO takes us back in time to 2003 on their first Progression Server

"Nostalgia", I know how it feel... long time since I stop playing Ragnarok, miss the Prontera field, where a lot of people doing random thing, dropping random item, DB party, hocus pocus, show off gear skill and a lot more things, I miss the feel when I hit a Poring, I miss when a lot of porings come to me to loot a drop from a poring I was kill. the feel when you G-fist something and kill it instantly, the feel when you SG and all dumb monster come to loot and got killed, the feel when you click hotkey to use potion to heal your char and reading all the item description you think interesting .

but "Nostalgia" feeling is not gonna last longer forever, new atmosphere, new eqp, new item, new monster and new place are awaiting, learn new things, experiencing a new things and so many new thing a head waiting, what exactly is the point of yours nostalgia?

>Experience new content and updates just like the first time! Craft your character as the world evolves by returning to Rune Midgard to party with friends and explore the world with new eyes.

WHAT!?...... you said Nostalgia and now you talk about new content and updates?.... wait what like the first time?, [Removed]?, THAT NOT HOW ITS WORK.

Everyone will always start from "0", from a noob, advanced, pro, elite and then God, at first start as a Novise with a Cotton shirt and a Knife [3] eating apple for heal and got killed by a poring, later make a new char from a Novise but with more better EQP:

Example:

+7 Circatura hat [1]

+10 Cat Hand Club [3]

+7 Ringid guard [1]

+7 Hard Adventure's Suit [1]

Leveling from LV 1 to LV 99 in a Week.

Restarting every thing from 0 is not a Nostalgia, its a [Removed]

>Start off in the training grounds that have seen millions of novices launch their lifetime of adventure.

AND YOU CALL THAT IS A FUN THING!?, REALLY!?.

Look!........ how about a new server with more restricted rules:

https://forums.warpp...ons-suggestion/

>[Removed].

>Copy Chaos Renewal Server

>Make a new server based on copy Chaos Renewal Server.

>Apply something new (your idea/staff idea).

"APPLY SOMETHING NEW" can be anything, a script, a basic script where all player need to follow, a basic script to lead a new player to understanding the game, how to farm, how to get zenny, how to get healing item.

Example:

A NPC to educate player the game mechanic when they are still A novice, example how ASPD work by give them a AGI BUFF 99 so they can hit so fast.

EQP Novice can try such CD in mouth, Temporal Boots, cards, Turkey Hat, Fish in mouth, every single item in RO database, without LV limitation or class limitation for experiment purpose (later item/eqp disappear).

Even a special npc for virtual upgrade purpose, a trial elunium and trial oridecon, so new player can try to upgrade stuff without making them rage quit/broke and retire at the end after they broke their +9 FAW because they cant afford more HD Elu to make it +10 and too frustrated because their FAW back to +4.

So I can try Free virtual Elunium, go to armor npc, buy a guard [0], and try to make it +7, later once I can go to combat training (no EXP) to test how much damage can be reduced by using +7 guard, I must return it to the npc.

Same thing with Free Virtual Oridecon where I can try to use it to upgrade weapon and try it later in Combat Training to see how much damage I can make.

It would be a wonderful thing if I can keep my +7 Guard [0], use virtual Ellunium to make a +7 guard and then trade it to a special +7 guard I can keep once I out from Novice Academy after passing a certain quest (what kind of pro want a +7 Guard without a slot anyway), and no you cant feed it to eat gear mimic (preventing abuse purpose).

............. You got the idea.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 21 June 2017 - 08:27 AM.
Please watch your language

#163 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

I hope you guys will consider using jRO mechanics as well. That way, when you release OCP box contents, you'll only have to worry about translating items correctly.

From what i can tell, this server isn't exactly for veterans. We have already invested a lot of time in our current servers. Most veterans will just dabble in it see what happens. Unless the server is really poppin' after 3 months or so, they might consider something new, but it'll be hard to just pack up and leave your home. I'm not interested in farming a slotted muffler and a raydric card at a .01% chance ever again.

Lastly, I think this will be an important opportunity to introduce rental MvPs. It's a new server, so any rental MvPs won't have as much affect against veteran players. I think being able to use MvPs makes the game a lot more fun than most players would ever get to experience.

#164 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

this would be Cool

jRO Formulas and Mechanics 

#165 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

I hope you guys will consider using jRO mechanics as well. That way, when you release OCP box contents, you'll only have to worry about translating items correctly.

From what i can tell, this server isn't exactly for veterans. We have already invested a lot of time in our current servers. Most veterans will just dabble in it see what happens. Unless the server is really poppin' after 3 months or so, they might consider something new, but it'll be hard to just pack up and leave your home. I'm not interested in farming a slotted muffler and a raydric card at a .01% chance ever again.

Lastly, I think this will be an important opportunity to introduce rental MvPs. It's a new server, so any rental MvPs won't have as much affect against veteran players. I think being able to use MvPs makes the game a lot more fun than most players would ever get to experience.

+1, agree totaly.

#166 MalakGalthana

MalakGalthana

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Removed some posts.

CinnaMicDrop

#167 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

jRO mechanics with jRO items is would "still be very OP" for you guys. I don't think that would change on how people here complain how OP OCP boxes are

#168 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:13 AM

I agree with him, hey its not bad idea anyways

its like a new heaven kek ;D

#169 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:14 AM

@EdwinKuswanto

Jesus Christ, before writing that useless wall of text, do you realize it's not up to them to decide what specific features and mechanics the server will have?

The current server proposal is something probably with 0 cost to develop, since it's an already finished product that they've received from gravity. If you really want something disruptive, innovative, etc with no regards if it'll actually sustain itself you should look for some kind of very rich man willing to throw a lot of money in a pserver that won't return any profit.

I think it's really hard for you guys to understand, that even though this is a game, it's run by a company. A company which'll have to report their earnings, expenses, growth, KPIs, etc at the end of the year. This ain't a volunteer iniciative if you guys didn't notice yet.

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 June 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#170 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

before writing that useless wall of text you also must know people here are just giving their opinion regarding this matter.

#171 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

before writing that useless wall of text you also must know people here are just giving their opinion regarding this matter.

An opinion that's basically useless though. Why don't you give opinions on actual stuff that can be done by WP, like advertisement, release events, cash shop items, etc?

I mean, I understand that everyone has their own perfect server on their mind. But that's not the place and time to share how it should be your perfect server if it's not something to be discussed atm. I mean, if they're already giving out keys, the core product is finished and won't change because x person said that it'd be nice to have a 4 slotted Kakashi Headband dropping from a Custom MvP in a custom instanced dungeon.

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 June 2017 - 07:23 AM.

#172 Abudabalajuleba

Abudabalajuleba

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:22 AM

Gosh, so much hate on this thing, if you dont feel like playing in this new server, JUST DONT PLAY IT, its easy.

Any ideia when will it open? thank

#173 Ethanasael

Ethanasael

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Realy, we're done with this kind of discussion, first that looking for this way every single opinion don't matter at all, but everybody can do it. And second, the language the guy used have already been condened by Cinna, let us keep focus and wait for a FAQ and Staff notices for what's up to came.

After we know everything that will come, then, we'll give our opinion to what would be nice to change, does it mattering or not at all.

So, first things first.

#174 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:28 AM

We all know they will be finding ways to make money. They already have groove boxes and OCPs lined up. But I think once players begin see better come from the kafra shop, the kafra shop will kill the server faster.

An important aspect of a "nostalgic" experience is that every obtainable item can be found in game. The best gears to find were always in game. Part of the reason classic died as quickly as it did was due to the race to 99 they had. A lot of players reached 99 very quickly, but it was mainly due to rentals. So they turning off the difficulty will make it quickly for more experied players.

The only answers I would want from the GM are 2 things: What are the kafra items plans for the first 2 weeks; and what mechanics will you guys be using? Going with renewal will turn off a lot of players who hated fixed cast time. Going with Classic will not make it any different then classic. So I really believe if you can take the jRO mechanics, the game will be a lot more enjoyable for every player.

If the GMs really want a classic experience, they will need to understand what it means to play back in alpha. Campitor is not someone who will understand the nostalgia of the game. GMs need to reach out to old players like me, Myzery, Xellie, and anyone else who had their initial account being made 15 years ago.

Edited by Demeris, 21 June 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#175 Tanzanito

Tanzanito

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

We all know they will be finding ways to make money. They already have groove boxes and OCPs lined up.

Just like every company with a dying product in hands? It really seems like you guys condemn WP making money while it's the only thing that matters to shareholders, the guys that actually decide whether Official RO lives or dies.

Subscriptions was already proven to be extinct it since even the older "alive" subscription based games like EVE Online, Oldschool Runescape and WoW added cash shop items that can be traded to other players so they can get subscription time through ingame currency. Making people that spend real money on the game insanely rich, really fast.

I know the nostalgia glasses are really hard to remove, but gawd.

Edited by Tanzanito, 21 June 2017 - 07:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users