Frigg Server and the Reasons Why - Page 10 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Frigg Server and the Reasons Why

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
352 replies to this topic

#226 oBorba

oBorba

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

My suggestion would be to release only 1 acc, per account "WarpPortal", and it closes the creation of new accounts for the new server ... I believe that new server would look good "CLEAN"

Edited by oBorba, 20 July 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#227 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

We dont even know when WoE coming to Odin server and everyone asking to dont put WoE on the new server...

#228 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

You will just have 2 servers filled with 3k bots. And when you merge them into Odin, wah-lah! those 3k bots will now have x2 the money! Genius idea!

#229 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

Let's suppose Frigg goes with the obvious anti-exploit option of no MVP cards, no WoE treasures et coetera, because if this doesn't happen, a new server will create more problems than it will fix.. 
Now suppose I'm a new player joining Restart and I google what are the differences between the servers, and the only thing I find about it is that it has less content. Why would I join the server that has less stuff for me to do and that probably has less players overall?

Okay then, let's fix the fix and make the server attractive for new players. Frigg has no WoE, no MVP cards, but has increased XP and maybe increased drop rates for some common loot and equipments, freebies, progression quests sort of like an Eden group thingy, whatever so that new players can gear themselves up and get ready for the full content Odin has to offer. This makes Frigg an automated characters paradise and it'll just dump a load of stuff into Odin and break the economy when the inevitable merge comes. Plus, you'd have to split the bot-fighting measures between two servers, and it's probably a lot easier for a zeny farmer to double the amount of bots they're running to cover both servers than to double the efforts against them. 

I just don't see how a new server will fix anything without breaking a lot of other stuff. 

Edited by Skyver, 20 July 2017 - 05:03 PM.

#230 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

I say let Frigg have WoE with novices

#231 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

Let's suppose Frigg goes with the obvious anti-exploit option of no MVP cards, no WoE treasures et coetera, because if this doesn't happen, a new server will create more problems than it will fix.. 
Now suppose I'm a new player joining Restart and I google what are the differences between the servers, and the only thing I find about it is that it has less content. Why would I join the server that has less stuff for me to do and that probably has less players overall?

Okay then, let's fix the fix and make the server attractive for new players. Frigg has no WoE, no MVP cards, but has increased XP and maybe increased drop rates for some common loot and equipments so that new players can gear themselves up and get ready for the full content Odin has to offer when the inevitable merge comes, freebies, progression quests sort of like an Eden group thingy, whatever. This makes Frigg an automated characters paradise and it'll just dump a load of stuff into Odin and break the economy when the inevitable merge comes. Plus, you'd have to split the bot-fighting measures between two servers, and it's probably a lot easier for a zeny farmer to double the amount of bots they're running to cover both servers than to double the efforts against them. 

I just don't see how a new server will fix anything without breaking a lot of other stuff. 

I think the new server is to try to avoid the lag problem, not the bot problem.

#232 Skyver

Skyver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

I think the new server is to try to avoid the lag problem, not the bot problem.

Of course it is. What I'm saying is that while it may or may not fix the lag problem, it may aggravate the bot problem in the process. 

#233 GoodVibesz

GoodVibesz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

Wait until you memers see how woe will lag the server to death clown-face_1f921.png

#234 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:00 PM

Wait until you memers see how woe will lag the server to death clown-face_1f921.png

kkkk I like you optimits that think that there will be a WoE sometime soon...

#235 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

A: Lets disable WoE in Frigg because people would exploit 

B: lol?

A: There will only be few people to play Frigg

B: lol!

A: There are already few people ready to WoE in Odin and the rest are bot.

B: And you want WoE in Odin now to exploit WoE?

A: Stfu! 

B: HAHAHA~

#236 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

Just an unrelated question...

You said that you will need a new account to Frigg server.

But the name of the chars of Odin will be blocked to the name of chars of Frigg?

Because if it is not, it could create some problems when the servers were merged, and we have people with the same name.

#237 GoodVibesz

GoodVibesz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

kkkk I like you optimits that think that there will be a WoE sometime soon...

where did I say woe was starting soon  :hmm:  its warp portal 

#238 cent88

cent88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

A: Lets disable WoE in Frigg because people would exploit 

B: lol?

A: There will only be few people to play Frigg

B: lol!

A: There are already few people ready to WoE in Odin and the rest are bot.

B: And you want WoE in Odin now to exploit WoE?

A: Stfu! 

B: HAHAHA~

I think people want WoE disabled on Frigg so that there is a high population of people WoEing on Odin. That's why I want it disabled, at least.

#239 Hinkypunk

Hinkypunk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • LocationOceanic Eternity
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

What are your concerns regarding these plans?

This is a bad idea.

• You don't outline incentives for why any significant number of real players would want to play on Frigg. Botters have an incentive to bot Frigg so long as there's even a small chance they will be migrated to Odin later on with their loot partially or fully intact. Even if you then close the door to migration between the servers, this further decreases any appeal Frigg might have to real players--so why bother at all with a second server dedicated to bots?
  • Spinning up another server won't decrease the bot population significantly enough to warrant the other problems you'd be creating along the way.
    • Serious botters will just scale their operations across both servers. I think you possibly overestimate the computing resources required to run a bot farm for a 15 year old game.
  • This idea for two servers sounds like 'management' not wanting to commit any budget to fixing the issue. I'm still puzzled at how long it's been since I last played and that anti-automation measures still haven't been implemented.

In lieu of Gravity not having their crap together with an anti-bot solution, the volunteer Bot Squad idea suggested previously seems to be the only reasonable band-aid fix I've seen in this thread. 

#240 Tragedy414

Tragedy414

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:14 PM

Sidenote-  Login server is down.. 

While we are debating about having 2 servers, can we please focus on the current one we have and address issues stated in regards to stability and all that fun stuff?  Just curious, of course.

#241 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

This is a bad idea.

• You don't outline incentives for why any significant number of real players would want to play on Frigg. Botters have an incentive to bot Frigg so long as there's even a small chance they will be migrated to Odin later on with their loot partially or fully intact. Even if you then close the door to migration between the servers, this further decreases any appeal Frigg might have to real players--so why bother at all with a second server dedicated to bots?
  • Spinning up another server won't decrease the bot population significantly enough to warrant the other problems you'd be creating along the way.
    • Serious botters will just scale their operations across both servers. I think you possibly overestimate the computing resources required to run a bot farm for a 15 year old game.
  • This idea for two servers sounds like 'management' not wanting to commit any budget to fixing the issue. I'm still puzzled at how long it's been since I last played and that anti-automation measures still haven't been implemented.

In lieu of Gravity not having their crap together with an anti-bot solution, the volunteer Bot Squad idea suggested previously seems to be the only reasonable band-aid fix I've seen in this thread. 

the mob squad?

#242 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Don't split the population, please, just upgrade the hardware... 

#243 manoelsilva6666

manoelsilva6666

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

Don't split the population, please, just upgrade the hardware... 

they already did it, I think it did not worked.

#244 ladyblue777

ladyblue777

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

As some of you have noticed we announced our plans to open a new world to accommodate player population on RESTART. Now why, the server is right now reaching the maximum of what it can handle in terms of character activity. Yes we are aware that this is in part due to a large number of automated characters. But the fact still remains that its reaching that point and we have to address that to allow users to play. There is a need to provide stable service now not in a month or a few weeks. Right now having to reboot the server every couple days is not sustainable for us or the player population.

We are not giving up on cracking down on the third party program or botting problem, however there is no quick fix to the botting situation, as each version of Ragnarok is it's own unique build. That means that any anti cheat/anti bot solution must under go its own implementation/testing process. Ours is underway but it will take time to reach us. Frigg is not meant to exist as its own world forever and we plan to merge it into Odin in about 5-6 months if not sooner once Odin has stabilized. Afterwards Frigg will become a fresh start server that feeds new players to Odin on a set cycle.

All players that join is regardless of if they end up playing on Odin or Frigg are part of the same Ragnarok RESTART family and will be treated as such.

Now we want to keep it to a normal civil discussion.

What are your concerns regarding these plans?

If I have VIP on odin, will it also be on frigg for that account?

#245 Allori

Allori

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationPlains of Arunafeltz
  • Server:Poring

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:29 PM

Worst idea ever

#246 imdoutzen

imdoutzen

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

Can we go back to monthly subscription like back in the days? I know this is unfair for those who could not afford to play the game, but it will certainly help reduce the bot issues.

#247 10204130206637636

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:35 PM

Can we go back to monthly subscription like back in the days? I know this is unfair for those who could not afford to play the game, but it will certainly help reduce the bot issues.

yes I used to pay monthly to play RO. As a returning player from more than a decade ago, I wouldn't mind to spend and learning this new system with Cash shop, but the server lag is unbearable and discourage me to spend a dime

#248 Highdrated

Highdrated

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

Such a ghetto fix. Why even bother releasing then?

This is so unprofessional, we barely hit 5k and cant play what is that?

Wasted time and money is all im thinking on here.

#249 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

If I have VIP on odin, will it also be on frigg for that account?

Yes VIP will apply to both servers.

#250 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:40 PM

Just an unrelated question...

You said that you will need a new account to Frigg server.

But the name of the chars of Odin will be blocked to the name of chars of Frigg?

Because if it is not, it could create some problems when the servers were merged, and we have people with the same name.

You won't need a new account on the frigg server.

When transferred characters will receive a free name change flag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users