[kRO Devnote] War of Emperium Revitalization - Page 2 - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[kRO Devnote] War of Emperium Revitalization

103 replies to this topic

#26 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

Obviously kRO are geniuses and the two lives system is the answer to stasis and masquerade.

You got stasised or masqed? Just poison bottle and revive! Problem solved! /sarcasm

Kaizel is the new meta of course.

Edited by Toxn, 01 September 2017 - 02:28 PM.

#27 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:09 PM

It's dumb even inside PVP.

It's stupid just thinking about that in WoE,wtf kRO devs are thinking.
@topic

Nice changes,i bet they are going to revitalize WoE,kappa.

What this game really needs is a class balance.

Oh btw,thanks for making Suras's and RK's more op with those new slotted godlys :heh: :heh: :heh:

WoE will never be alive again. Rage quit players will quit. This server is too damn old. Thanks for the dumb multiple merges. The problem is over load of MvPs and Gods.

However disbling them will make PvM players rage quit. Hard decision but you can't save both WoE and PvM. Save one and let the other die :3

#28 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:18 PM

WoE will never be alive again. Rage quit players will quit. This server is too damn old. Thanks for the dumb multiple merges. The problem is over load of MvPs and Gods.

However disbling them will make PvM players rage quit. Hard decision but you can't save both WoE and PvM. Save one and let the other die :3

That's true but it's just 1 problem.

Well,i had some hope  :heh:

#29 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:30 PM

What happen to all feedback from the community? 

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

It didn't matter, because we are exactly like kRO, so whatever kRO players complained about, we get a fix for. kek

#31 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

qS7tOFz.gif

#32 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Please post your thoughts on the announcement. I can take this feedback to the director next time we meet. Which should be next week.

#33 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

I can take this feedback to the director next time we meet.

For a minute there, I read director as dictator and thought "wow, we're being awfully open about this."

#34 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:19 PM

Please post your thoughts on the announcement. I can take this feedback to the director next time we meet. Which should be next week.

Does Masq even have a fix cast? I assume no because many SCs achived instant Masq (ie no cast bar, no skill name appeared). If Masq doesnt have a fix cast, maybe they should add some. Not seeing a cast is just ridiculous. Disclaimer: not that I struggle if SC can achieve instant Masq or use Auto Masq. I just think this will help some ir not most people's struggles.

#35 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

It's not that difficult to "rebalance" some oppressive MvP cards for WoE only.

Eg: When in a WoE castle, Tao Gunka Card drops your Freeze/Stone Curse/Sleep resistances by -100%, affecting card immunity as well.

This is even more sensible because Tao Gunka was supposed to have its own counter weights in the form of reduced mdef, but the entire mechanic of def/mdef is now obsolete while hp is not.

#36 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:31 PM

Does Masq even have a fix cast? I assume no because many SCs achived instant Masq (ie no cast bar, no skill name appeared). If Masq doesnt have a fix cast, maybe they should add some. Not seeing a cast is just ridiculous. Disclaimer: not that I struggle if SC can achieve instant Masq or use Auto Masq. I just think this will help some ir not most people's struggles.

Every Shadow Chaser skill is 100% Variable Cast, except for Bloody Lust.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:45 PM

Just pick the old woe related feedback threads and make him actually read them now. It's obvious that little to no thought was given to iRO feedback when designing the changes.

The only k ish ideas are the castle rotation and the GD investment into mob quantity imo.

#38 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

The Good:

• The ability to invest into a castle and increase the spawns of Guild Dungeons 1 & 2 is a great idea. But whether or not this actually matter depends on what spawns in the dungeons. If guild master can also add monsters to the dungeons from a selection of monsters, this would be a great incentive for PVM players. 
  • In my opinion, enchanting and slotting god items is a great idea to revitalize them. All of the god items with the exception of Megs are practically obsolete. You could say Mjolnir is still good, but really only because of brewing. But if we are going to have the ability to slow god items with the chance of losing them, the chance of getting pieces needs to be increased. This is more of an iRO issue than it is a kRO one, because iRO's piece rates are nerfed.
  • Seal Quest revamping. Although it's a small chance, it's still welcomed. The rewards from doing the quests are basically worthless at the moment for a PVM player, with the exception of Seal2's EXP reward.

The Bad:

• The two lives safety net. Honestly, there are a lot of issues with it. It's a band-aid fix to a problem that should be addressed directly. It doesn't make WoE more appealing to a more casual audience, if anything it makes it even more insulting. If a more casual player stepped into WoE and got out matched by a insanely geared player, only to be offensively resurrected and immediately killed again that is a massive insult. If you want to tackle unfair gameplay, then actually tackle unfair gameplay.
  • Reduced castles per siege, and the rotation of realms. At the moment, this would not work out at all. Sure, you condense the available castles and force more fights to happen, but you also just remove smaller guilds out of the equation. Smaller guilds might find more fights, and thank god for that, but they would never end up with end forts, and eventually just stop WoEing all together if they don't merge into larger guilds.

A Broken Record for 4 Years:

• Speaking of unfair gameplay, Suras. Do I really need to say more? Fine. Skills like Tiger Cannon and Gates of Hell would actually be fair if players could properly reduce the entire damage. It's like the whole storm on Dragon Breath. DB used to be an unfair skill that bypassed all reductions besides Elemental armors, and they made a change to that. It benefited Dragon Breath in PVM, but made it fair for WoE. Why not do the same thing for TC and GoH?
  • To add on to the last point, Suicidal Destruction from Mechanics should have the same treatment.
  • Chasers: Few ways this could be approached. Masquerades need either a fixed cast time, forcing a gear change (on iRO at least) for instant, or adding an after cast delay or cooldown on failed attempts. Pick one, implement it.
  • MVP Cards. Don't get me wrong, MVPs are a defining feature of RO, and to remove them from WoE isn't an option. But I seriously think all the developers should consider making MVP cards give half their intended effect while inside WoE castles. This wouldn't break and destroy the purpose of MVPs in WoE, but it would at least open the doors for newer players to deal with them.
  • In the cast of WoE TE specifically: Extremely high reductions. Why can players obtain anything above 90% demi human reductions? Thats flat out insane.  Hell the fact that you can easily achieve 95% reductions and just straight up never die makes the entire siege stupid.

On the fence:

• Alliance members being able to use their allied guilds flags is a mixed reaction from me, If they made this change several years ago, it would have been complete BS, but now the change seems almost pointless, just because there are no guilds on the server in the first place.

Edited by Toxn, 03 September 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#39 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

I dont see anything that addresses the power creep which has made the game mode anti-fun.

#40 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Just pick the old woe related feedback threads and make him actually read them now.

It's not that we haven't been giving feed backs, it's that kRO and WP both are ignoring what we have been discussing and telling, warning and everything.

I could keep tldr-ing here, but there is no point when it falls under deaf ears.. Besides, wasn't there quite a few WoE threads that got nuked constantly?

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:08 PM

just to add to Toxn's post, Stasis also deserves some particular consideration as well.

Bigger fixed cast, or just make the fixed portion completely unchangeable.

Chance to inflict the effect, even if high like 80% at lv5.
Debuff duration properly reduced. (this exists, just never actually worked)
Skill effect not going through walls.

#42 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9303 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:11 PM

None of these changes matter anyway unless the GM's enforce rules on people anyhow, if cheaters still get to cheat, and RMT people aren't dealt with then no amount of changes will help those issues that have been persisting for an eternity.

Stasis was supposed to be fixed for not going over walls, was it not? Yet we never got that.

Suicidal destruction should either get a few seconds of fixed cast for people to evade it, or make it possible to dodge/reduce or something.

#43 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

The stasis not going through walls was a custom change iRO made over on our Sakray. When they got it working, and showed it to kRO, kRO denied the change.

Also I wouldn't say any changes made would be moot if they don't do anything about cheaters. Yeah, actually doing something about cheaters would be much more significant than any other change they could make, but that doesn't make other changes pointless.

There is a lot wrong with WoE, and it's not limited to cheating.

Edited by Toxn, 01 September 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#44 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9303 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:16 PM

The stasis not going through walls was a custom change iRO made over on our Sakray. When they got it working, and showed it to kRO, kRO denied the change.

Well that's just stupid....

Although now they have some new leadership IIRC, maybe they will approve of it.

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 01 September 2017 - 06:17 PM.

#45 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

Oh, it is also worth mentioning that kRO made some guild specific changes a while back. On kRO, guild members can disable being recalled by their guild leaders with a /command, and guild leaders can change guild leadership to another member (with a cooldown if I recall correctly).

Not entirely game changing for the WoE scene, but still a helpful update.

Edited by Toxn, 01 September 2017 - 06:21 PM.

#46 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Ive always said RO would be more exciting if we had all th eold updates prior. I dont understand our devs and the korean devs. they say they listen to us yet we still are years behind on updates that would actually make the game last alot longer. Look at all the otuther FAKE RO games out there with upto date game data. How is it that our own devs dont see how beneficial those past updates will be for us than OCP Cash grabs >.>?

#47 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Server:notRO

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

I see you guys still love going around in circles and live in hope Kro will ever give a rat's rear end about this community's feedback.

I should steal you bacon so you learn your lesson!!!

#48 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10841 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:46 PM

Lets all focus on WoE TE ~!

#49 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise