RESTART Response to the Open Letters - Page 5 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RESTART Response to the Open Letters

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#101 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:36 AM

Now, who is accusing people of doing illegal things with no proof.

I can multi client perfectly fine without cheating.

It's very simple, again, nobody should receive special treatment. I dunno why ur freaking out so much. Maybe it's cuz u are worried they will find something that is illegit. Again, if u have nothing to hide and aren't doing anything shady why so scared? Clearly in my last post I didn't say u specific, I said nobody in general, but u seem realllllllllllllllly nervous

#102 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:32 AM

I am nervous yes.. because based on what the GM's say in this thread will determine my RO future.

I do plan to use macros in WoE and I will not stand for GM harassment trying to enforce something that can not be enforce fairly across the board.

I would like for it to be a legit future like it has been but that is clearly up to them and how they handle this situation.

Edited by mattxor, 07 February 2018 - 05:34 AM.

#103 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:36 AM

I am nervous yes.. because based on what the GM's say in this thread will determine my RO future.

I do plan to use macros in WoE and I will not stand for GM harassment trying to enforce something that can not be enforce fairly across the board.

I would like for it to be a legit future like it has been but that is clearly up to them and how they handle this situation.

Whelp if ur worried that what ur doing is wrong and can be banable, it's probably bannable, maybe it's time to rethink ur RO future, because the way it sounds is even u are afraid it's illegit. So based on that maybe it's time to play the game properly and work ur way up the right way

#104 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:47 AM

No, I am afraid that WP will listen to all of you and make the wrong choice.

I am only here to prevent that from happening if I can.

I am fighting for what I think is right and targeting players in WoE who are using multi client should never happen at all ever.

#105 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:54 AM

@Mattxor, once again, stop taking drugs.

#106 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:56 AM

No, I am afraid that WP will listen to all of you and make the wrong choice.

I am only here to prevent that from happening if I can.

I am fighting for what I think is right and targeting players in WoE who are using multi client should never happen at all ever.

but nobody is blaming users playing with multiple clients. heck, I have 3 monks in the emp room just waiting to blow their gfist charge on someone entering.

automated play is a bannable offense however, you know that, everybody else knows that. Camp made that very clear, yet here you are still trying to push for it.

It's not us making any suggestions, this is currently an enforced rule by the WP staff.

#107 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:57 AM

Matt, why are you still here? 

Please don't forget your new year's resolution.

https://forums.warpp...n/#entry2764757

Just in case you are still unaware, the EXP table are STILL unchanged. 

#108 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

Maybe you should learn how to read. That might help with your confusion.

#109 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:10 AM

It is funny. I am a firm beliver that if you want a gray area rule prohibited, the best way to do it is to abuse the hell out of it, to the point that everyone gets disgusted by it.

So in this case i must applaud to maxxor, you my friend singlehandedly made multiclienting and macroing in woe relevant enough for the gm to care. BRAVO.

#110 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:24 AM

When are you planning to wipe dupes / wipe unobtainable cards? Obviously this includes dupe items of high value (potentially lower value items).

This causes a wave of concern regarding said items and basically sends fear for anyone purchasing mini boss, mvp, trans items such as Hurricane Fury, bsb, etc.
By announcing that you will do the wipe gives all the dupe item owners a chance to sell their item quickly in the market place now before the dupe item hunt and screw over legit buyers.

Think of it as the Enron effect, your items are worth billions one day, wiped on another to be worth zero and submitting a ticket takes weeks to get a maximum of under 1b per trade (pretty hard to track the other 19b you pay for a mini boss card in zeny).

If you announce something that big, at least please action it asap do the market economy can continue. Although i’m personally not purchasing any big ticket items currently, i think this is a real concern thats harming the real players that want to sell real items or purchase high value items.

#111 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

When are you planning to wipe dupes / wipe unobtainable cards? Obviously this includes dupe items of high value (potentially lower value items).

This causes a wave of concern regarding said items and basically sends fear for anyone purchasing mini boss, mvp, trans items such as Hurricane Fury, bsb, etc.
By announcing that you will do the wipe gives all the dupe item owners a chance to sell their item quickly in the market place now before the dupe item hunt and screw over legit buyers.

Think of it as the Enron effect, your items are worth billions one day, wiped on another to be worth zero and submitting a ticket takes weeks to get a maximum of under 1b per trade (pretty hard to track the other 19b you pay for a mini boss card in zeny).

If you announce something that big, at least please action it asap do the market economy can continue. Although i’m personally not purchasing any big ticket items currently, i think this is a real concern thats harming the real players that want to sell real items or purchase high value items.

I would recommend if u want to do any big ticket item trades, to do it like a GM trade like an MVP card. Get it verified first then have the GMs do the trade for u

#112 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

I don't get why  half of the replies in this topic are devoted to what maxxtor says. who the -_- cares about mattxor?

Is that hard to leave this attention-whore alone and start discussing about the real problems this server has?

The fact that camp just said that we have tons of duped items/billions zeny in this server for instance.

#113 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:30 AM

I don't get why half of the replies in this topic are devoted to what maxxtor says. who the -_- cares about mattxor?

Is that hard to leave this attention-whore alone and start discussing about the real problems this server has?

The fact that camp just said that we have tons of duped items/billions zeny in this server for instance.

Hi mattxor

#114 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

I would recommend if u want to do any big ticket item trades, to do it like a GM trade like an MVP card. Get it verified first then have the GMs do the trade for u

Good suggestion, now the GMs are going to be involved in every trade and actually monitor the game for any trade over 1B. Now hire more GMs so this can take place. At least its safe trades and the market can continue without this sudden jolt from your GM announcement.

#115 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:40 AM

Good suggestion, now the GMs are going to be involved in every trade and actually monitor the game for any trade over 1B. Now hire more GMs so this can take place. At least its safe trades and the market can continue without this sudden jolt from your GM announcement.

But this is also sort of a gamble, sometimes a GM will just respond with "no I won't do that because I'm too lazy and you are not spending money on WP every week".

And then you gotta trade yourself.

#116 mattaangel

mattaangel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

Do you know that basically everything costs more than 1b atm?  Do you really think they have time to check all these trades lol?

#117 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

But this is also sort of a gamble, sometimes a GM will just respond with "no I won't do that because I'm too lazy and you are not spending money on WP every week".
And then you gotta trade yourself.

Exactly and the only way to check for dupe items is to check that single account for the unique item ID. They indicated that currently they don’t have the resources to audit the entire game to make sure that item is the only single unique item ID.
Well played.

#118 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:45 AM

Do you know that basically everything costs more than 1b atm? Do you really think they have time to check all these trades lol?

Exactly my point lol.

#119 8733130503023857157

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:47 AM

@Campitor

Do you have any plans to fix the amount of zeny on the server? Like take away one or two 0's from everyones zeny, if something like this is even possible (this would also include adapting some prices like raffler). Devilings right now are between 25-50b, have fun trading.

It's even getting hard selling normal mvp drops like Zweihander since u can put them only for 1b in shops and they get bought and it would be kinda annoying to open a thread everytime u want to sell sth.

And what about the mvp cards  :)

#120 Spoon

Spoon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:51 AM

I wouldn't be too concerned with things that cost between 1-3 bil, I'd be more concerned with big ticket items like GR DR Maya P, etc etc.

personally, I'm just sitting back and waiting for this to get rectified before I spend any z. But if people wanna keep dealing then the GM Trade is ur best option for big ticket items

#121 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:10 AM

Well they do it on renewal

#122 AMFH

AMFH

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:11 AM

“Bad News:
Due to the way the game stores the inventory data, we cannot view all items at once and check for duplicates. For this who are technical, the entire inventory is stored in a hashed hex that the exes have a hard coded function to translate for the live service. This makes it impossible for us to real-time review all items at once. Currently we can only do so on a per character or account basis.”

I think that says it all about how much help a GM can do to facilitate a trade. The people that cheat with a dupe would be most likely have more than enough zeny from previous trades. If a person has dupe items, they will most likely sell the single item on a alternate account (can’t store the zeny on a single char anyways lol).
If current resources can only check a single account, what good is the verification from a GM indicating the item is a dupe?

So how do we trade items of value now that you made this announcement with no action GMs????? You just killed the market, if inflation and greed already didn’t do that.

This is just chaos no pun intended.

Edited by AMFH, 07 February 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#123 Skormi

Skormi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:25 AM

make a new server (ragnarok zero plz), p2p, reimburse everyone who has spent money on this server with subscriptions for new server, no woe pots or refine events

also run the server better this software isn't doing anyone favors if you can't monitor duping/inventories

e: on second thought idk if it's possible for wp to run a server better, i'm tired of costume boxes every couple of weeks and everything costing silvervine

Edited by Skormi, 07 February 2018 - 07:34 AM.

#124 Xord

Xord

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:46 AM

The solution is free costumes.

I want a Mr. Smile and Eggshell Costume Please :(

#125 Gustavomusk

Gustavomusk