Patch Notes 2/7/2018 - Page 5 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 2/7/2018

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#101 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:20 AM

i had to face a bug in the last bsq i did where the golgon of some summoner was stunning me 8 times in a row, he kinda bugged while he was rolling against the invisible wall in the middle of the water map and was repeating the same move over and over until it somehow teleportet north where no wall is he could hit and it ended. not sure if this was just a onetime bug but that golgon stun for sure is seriously buggy with hitbox etc

#102 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 10 February 2018 - 06:26 AM

i had to face a bug in the last bsq i did where the golgon of some summoner was stunning me 8 times in a row, he kinda bugged while he was rolling against the invisible wall in the middle of the water map and was repeating the same move over and over until it somehow teleportet north where no wall is he could hit and it ended. not sure if this was just a onetime bug but that golgon stun for sure is seriously buggy with hitbox etc

There's a major bug if it gets frozen mid-roll either by a freezing from Sorcerer or in your case I guess rolling into certain walls even that keeps it's roll and stun hitbox going much longer than it should.

#103 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, and to be honest. Even without any bugs its stuns are still pretty random with a weird hitbox. I'd say it's like Stumble's range and then suddenly regroup all its targets in one spot.

EDIT: I agree with Stophy, BSQ is not much more enjoyable! The new changes are very great and we can see a better class diversity.

Edited by Onyzer, 10 February 2018 - 08:46 AM.

#104 Stophy

Stophy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:33 AM

EDIT: I agree with Stophy, BSQ is not much more enjoyable! The new changes are very great and we can see a better class diversity.

I think I see a typo there?  :D

#105 Onyzer

Onyzer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

Woopsie, I wanted to say that it is much more enjoyable, yes.

#106 Feyboo

Feyboo

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 03:35 AM

I agree with stophy on the additional points on killing a flagholder. Some people who join bsq and teamup with some people arent always really a guildie or even a friend -- basically a random guy. So teamwork with said people isnt that easy. Adding a common goal would be best to atleast make them focus on one task together.

Edited by Feyboo, 11 February 2018 - 03:41 AM.

#107 stiffyliffyriffy

stiffyliffyriffy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

I agree with stophy on the additional points on killing a flagholder. Some people who join bsq and teamup with some people arent always really a guildie or even a friend -- basically a random guy. So teamwork with said people isnt that easy. Adding a common goal would be best to atleast make them focus on one task together.

I think being a flag holder already has so many negatives to it, if you want your team to go for flags then simply ask them to go for the flags in public chat.

#108 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

I think being a flag holder already has so many negatives to it, if you want your team to go for flags then simply ask them to go for the flags in public chat.

Oh mate this is not how BSQ works not at all. Imagine a band of dogs trying to kill each others. Unless there is a chunk of meat on a special dog they will ignore it unless he comes in their way. ( I hope u got my metaphor :D

#109 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Oh mate this is not how BSQ works not at all. Imagine a band of dogs trying to kill each others. Unless there is a chunk of meat on a special dog they will ignore it unless he comes in their way. ( I hope u got my metaphor :D

Also kills and missions still won't impact the game immensely if the gap is too big. So you got half or more of the people fighting each other while one guy just lounges with a few teammates on the other side because the handful who know to focus him are forced to go outnumbered.

It's worth noting you can click spots on the minimap to "ping" it. But I'm unsure if it's even noticeable.

#110 Lysanna

Lysanna

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:46 PM

Hey guys, 

I want to say something about the new changes, too.

At first I'm playing sorcerer and so  I'll write in the view of  sorcerer.

I really want you to understand that I'm one of the concerned players and I dont like the change. In addition I didn't play for some month, so I'm not total up to date yet. So please ignore some of my questions or comments which are solved now.

BSQ: 

I'm not a bsq player, so I can't talk a lot on this topic. However I know running and healing is a big problem in Bsq. I think it is an good idea to ban heal while wearing a flag, but I think it should be banned for all classes not only mages. 

-What will happen with Dragoon's Barricade skill? During the use of it the Dragoon has an higher defense and a slow heal effect, too.

-Whats about Summoners passiv skill Regain Refresh, which refreshs HP after recalling the spirits or the Summon Blesser bird?

Emporia:

I total agree a change is necessary to make island hopping impossible or at least hard, but I dont like the changed system.

Problems:

-Emporia is very busy, so changed/penalty players have very less time for taking a look around, searching for healers and absent themselves from them. Yes of course, penalty players can try to attack enemys or get hit, but if they have to pass an healing mage before fighting -->  penalty points
--> then lags will make it much more harder than it is still

-The supporter don't know which one of his/her guildmates does have the penalty effect at the moment
--> there is no sign for this status, so he' ll heal some penalty players always --> so he'll harm his guild while using heal instead of helping it 

-Sorcerer/invoker can't see, if some of his/her guildmates are in slow heal range (no marks show how wide it is), they only have their personal rating, so it's possible supporters miscalculate and heal someone with penalty buff, too. 

-The only other method is, that the mage only heals himself --> only selfsupport, but no support for the guild --> no real supporting role in a team fight

-The next way is the supporters have to talk and write all time for using heal without hitting a penalty player

-Or the healer have to find a safe place where he can heal his guildies without penalty players, so that he won't give points to the enemy

-Next problem for mages is the danger of using a heal skill accidentally (wrong button in fight). Like I said before, Emporia is very busy and there are a lot of things players have to take a look for, so it isn't unlikely thely' ll use the skill accidentally in a bad situation (means a lot of guildplayers had penalty). -
-> I don't know if others are thinking at the same way, but I really would feel horrible if I am the reason why my guild lost a lot of points only cause of pressing the wrong key accidentally.

-Next point: I don't think it's a help for ban island hopping it players are able to cast a skill on platform 1, joining platform 2 with penalty and then loosing penalty cause a player got hit from the casted skill on platform 1. It won't help stopping island hoping, players only would spam as many skills as they can if their hp is low, then they'll change island, wait for loosing penalty and heal themselves up like before...

Isn't there an other way to stop island hopping than the penalty system? At this system you have to pay heed for everything. You can't only watch your foes, you also have to watch your guildmates, your friends. But thats not all beside watching everything players also should fight to each others and try to use tactic for winning the game... iI my opinin it's to much players have to pay attention for now. I consider it's possible some guilds won't let their mages fight again, if they'll give too much points to their foes accidentally or mage players can't enjoy guild fights anymore, cause they can't support their guild like they really want.

Other ideas:

-Isn't it possible to block the use of heal items/ heal skills while having the penalty buff (without normal potions)? In my opinion it would be okay, if players with penalty buff can't heal themself or other players while the buff is active. 

-Or you can make cast times or decay time for heal skills (or maybe some healing food) longer.

- In case of emergency I would prefer a block of all healskills and instant heal items in Emporia, cause in my opinion its better can't using things like that, than be the held responsible for let your guild loose this team fight. 

I really wont blame anyone or moan a lot, but I had to write my opinion and Ireally hope someone can find other/better ways to ban platform hopping/multi healing (items/skills), than this penalty system.

Thank you for your attention.

Edited by Lysanna, 11 February 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#111 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:36 PM

BSQ: 

I'm not a bsq player, so I can't talk a lot on this topic. However I know running and healing is a big problem in Bsq. I think it is an good idea to ban heal while wearing a flag, but I think it should be banned for all classes not only mages. 

-What will happen with Dragoon's Barricade skill? During the use of it the Dragoon has an higher defense and a slow heal effect, too.

-Whats about Summoners passiv skill Regain Refresh, which refreshs HP after recalling the spirits or the Summon Blesser bird?

Please get your facts right before posting nonsense here.  Regain Refresh is actually affected, the Barricade skill is blocked since ages by the former devs and the Blesser is healing 3% HP every 15 seconds (which is not a real problem at all)

Emporia:

I total agree a change is necessary to make island hopping impossible or at least hard, but I dont like the changed system.

Thank you for your feedback. Sadly not everyone can be pleased with every change we are doing.

-The next way is the supporters have to talk and write all time for using heal without hitting a penalty player

But thats not all beside watching everything players also should fight to each others and try to use tactic for winning the game..

If this is a tactical game, how about simply healing where fights are currently happening and not right after island hopping on an island where nobody else is on or fighting. Then the risk to heal someone who shouldn't be healed is quite low.

It's not a real tactic to just hop to an empty island when having no HP left to prevent the enemies from getting their kill. 

However, as I already said we are not quite done yet. 

#112 Cronseria

Cronseria

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:47 AM

Hello, i have a question for popcorn. 

Did you planned a change for Freeze in PvP? I realized after the changed in BSQ and Emporia that you cannot do anything against freeze after you are cought in one freeze.
Could it be possible that the chance that you get freezed again will be lowered for maybe 50%?

#113 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:48 AM

Emporia is now way more depending on communication and that is good, if your guild cant community properly and the enemies gain points due to the heal penalty thats okay, because this makes Emporia more challenging especially if two bigger guild have to fight each other and killing is common.

Great changes so far, even with my Guild where we had to face 10 people as 2 we gained some points due to this penalty.

We still stand no chance but thats fine since we are clearly outnumbered.

But there is one thing that is still bothering me, that the quest duration is 3 Minutes together with the kill x class quest. i would rather see  a removal of those kill x class quest and just give kill x player or decrease the duration of quests to maybe 30 seconds.

Since waiting 3 minutes for a new quest you may be able to complete is a lot

#114 noreturnx

noreturnx

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:31 AM

Are you kidding me right now? They nerfed the **** out of the mage classes (less damage, heal block in bsq, heal penalties in ew) and you dare to ask to take their last advantage: the CC???? 
And what are you talking about? Barbarian for example has a duration of 4 seconds, and a cooldown of 6 seconds, so I surely think you can get out of it or nah?
Better play a bit more carefully and do not get cuaght, how about that? 

Sorry but I cant believe how people still can't get enough ... my gosh.  :heh:

EDIT:
Please have a look on other classes too... what about the sentis, with their traps and netbind and chaincombo? It is much harder to get out of that then out of some freezes... 
It still needs some concentration/skill to stack up freezes so an enemy can not escape + the freeze chance IS NOT 100%!!
The thing is if you can not lock anybody in a combo anymore, how will you be able to get some kills after the damage output has been decreased a lot?

Hello, i have a question for popcorn. 

Did you planned a change for Freeze in PvP? I realized after the changed in BSQ and Emporia that you cannot do anything against freeze after you are cought in one freeze.
Could it be possible that the chance that you get freezed again will be lowered for maybe 50%?

By the way: In my opinion the recent balancing patches are working out pretty well, even if they came in a bit too harsh for invokers.

Edited by noreturnx, 12 February 2018 - 07:48 AM.

#115 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:38 AM

Barbarian has a duration of 4 seconds, and a cooldown of 6 seconds, so I surely think you can get out of it or nah??
Better play a bit more carefully and do not get cuaght, how about that? 

how do you plan to dodge a barbarian which is client based and instant?

if you are in the hitbox on the screen of the caster its almost a certain hit (EDIT: at 10/10 it has a 89% chance(most pvp invoker have it)).

but thanks for the information next time i just try to dodge it  :thx:

To be honest i see bit less mages now but more archers, and few warrior/thiefs but it is still unbalanced, but good work so far, dont let you get down because of those haters who are hurt because they played Invoker as damage op class and cant handle it being support

Edited by Vossel, 12 February 2018 - 07:44 AM.

#116 noreturnx

noreturnx

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:41 AM

No problem dude. Just give it a try next time.

10/10 has a 89% chance, and not everyone has it on 10.

how do you plan to dodge a barbarian which is client based and instant?

if you are in the hitbox on the screen of the caster its almost a certain hit (at 10/10 it has a 95% chance).

but thanks for the information next time i just try to dodge it  :thx:

+ I also think that the balances have been a good thing. Right now everyone should just calm themselves and try to enjoy the game, like I do it as an invoker.

And you should finally stop making fun of the people (i saw you doing that in many posts under this thread), who are angry because of the balancings since they surely put a lot of time, money and effort in their characters. Like how would you react if you was an OP mage  and you get nerfed a lot within 2 weeks? Not amused huh?

Edited by noreturnx, 12 February 2018 - 08:01 AM.

#117 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

EDIT:
Please have a look on other classes too... what about the sentis, with their traps and netbind and chaincombo? It is much harder to get out of that then out of some freezes... 
It still needs some concentration/skill to stack up freezes so an enemy can not escape + the freeze chance IS NOT 100%!!
The thing is if you can not lock anybody in a combo anymore, how will you be able to get some kills after the damage output has been decreased a lot?

who needs a combo, just spam your chaincombo as mage, it flinches anyways and is far more op than any other cc, since it cancels super armor and gives you some kind of super armor.

EDIT:@nore if you remember i was one of the main people complaining the most about the AS cap& flinch remove on first x hit from overlord, since it actually was a hard nerf for the Overlord cuz that was what made him dangerous in group pvp, but in the end i just took the hit and adapted and thats how it went, it is good for the game like those balances of the invoker, it is good because the invoker just had everything combined as best in one class.

Edited by Vossel, 12 February 2018 - 03:29 PM.

#118 nighty007

nighty007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Honestly i think warpportal should wait with more changes  and see how the current changes goes out.

In my opinion atm everything seems to be fine and i see way more different classes and not 30/30 Mages & Summy in BSQ.
Also the solution with the flag holding (Not possible to heal) is pretty good tho.
I think you guys did a pretty good job here and hope you dont make wrong decisions soon that leads some classes to be the superior class again
Also pretty hyped for Arcadia 3 :p_laugh:

#119 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:37 AM

Barbarian lasts 4 seconds. Long enough to cast Magnet, Heavens Wrath for additional stun which can last for the remainder of barbarian cooldown. Follow with a quagmire (Which can now apply a Jump/Dash block for upto 25 seconds at 10/10) to make securing more barbarians easier. Not even taking into account Witch's Curse for greater aid.

An Invoker adept with skill timing can very well lock someone 100-0 with proper timing of Barbarian>Heavens Wrath>Barbarian>Witch's Curse>Repeat with quagmire and X-spam between casts. So they can still see use in BattleSquare. They just can't hold flags anymore since curing debuffs is disabled whilst doing so.

#120 noreturnx

noreturnx

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:15 AM

Of course they can. But in my opinion that does not make Invokers a better class then others or OP right now, since they got nerfed so bad.

Barbarian lasts 4 seconds. Long enough to cast Magnet, Heavens Wrath for additional stun which can last for the remainder of barbarian cooldown. Follow with a quagmire (Which can now apply a Jump/Dash block for upto 25 seconds at 10/10) to make securing more barbarians easier. Not even taking into account Witch's Curse for greater aid.

An Invoker adept with skill timing can very well lock someone 100-0 with proper timing of Barbarian>Heavens Wrath>Barbarian>Witch's Curse>Repeat with quagmire and X-spam between casts. So they can still see use in BattleSquare. They just can't hold flags anymore since curing debuffs is disabled whilst doing so.

#121 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

my first BSQ  (lv85) in a while. so now let talk about is good and bad point.

good point. the  flag dont stay long on the same players so that mean the new system is working pretty well and i like that.  the damage  reduction seem ok (i played invoker btw)

now the bad point i seen, Some skill is touching in the air and shouldn't be possible ( destroyer sniping skill ) and that very annoying. you jump over it and still get hit by the skill in mid air like Sure. . . 

Next skill that is very annoying is the freeze effect from mage (warlock class) you can get freeze stack over freeze stack and get freeze lock until you die. what should be done is a Freeze reduction % of get freeze after a freeze effect is on by any class so you wont get freeze to often after in the freeze effect. Same for any counter effect like that  (stun/silence/anti-jump/slow/blind/etc if i miss some) like a 1 sec or 0.5 immunity after out of the effect and a massive chance of been affected  (reduction) by one of this if you are still in the effect cool down

2nd bad point will always be the lag / frame rate reduction in massive animation area  (emporia / bsq / normal pvp arena / any place where many player are there and using skill) and some time even time freeze 9 yea it happen some time not a long one but 1 to 2 sec game freeze. And i'm in canada close to the US boarder so compare to many player here I'm not that far from the server ( the EU player most been even worst then me in those game latency base on how far they are from the server)

3th point Invoker chain lighting aim : for some reason the skill cant aim properly in pvp and in PVE the skill cant even be use has a proper chain skill > the skill in pve target 1 monster and with a star effect will chose monster close to it and chain to them. but the other monster wont chain it to other to reach the max possible monster hit. The PVE chain should work like aim a monster and go to a other one with out making this weird star chain. but should focus on any monster one by one until reaching the max possible hit. most of the time there is enough monster in the pack to hit the max numbers but the skill dont want to focus monster.

Overall from before yea it going good. keep up the good work

Edited by zirothos, 12 February 2018 - 04:42 PM.

#122 Khady

Khady

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

i think a real problem is that there are too many people in a too small area at BSQ. If there are 25 people in Aqua BSQ with the small paths every crowdcontrol skill will be annoying. Sorcerers Blizzard, Penguin, Sentinels Traps, Headspin, Woodrush, Wyvern Blade, Magnet, Barbarian. If so many people stack in such a small area and so many skills are casted you wont see where you step, you cant dodge anything thanks to fps going down, its just annoying.

They should open 2 lv 85 BSQs at the same time. Fire and Aqua BSQ. This will give more space for the actual game and not a scenario where everyone is pissed off of everything.

Or just create a bigger map...

Edited by Khady, 12 February 2018 - 04:45 PM.

#123 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:45 PM

i think a real problem is that there are too many people in a too small area at BSQ. If there are 25 people in Aqua BSQ with the small paths every crowdcontrol skill will be annoying. Sorcerers Blizzard, Penguin, Sentinels Traps, Headspin, Woodrush, Wyvern Blade, Magnet, Barbarian. If so many people stack in such a small area and so many skills are casted you wont see where you step, you cant dodge anything thanks to fps going down, its just annoying.

They should open 2 lv 85 BSQs at the same time. Fire and Aqua BSQ. This will give more space for the actual game and not a scenario where everyone is pissed off of everything.

Or just create a bigger map...

i think you got it all wrong. the map is not the problem there. animation is animation even if is not in the screen the animation will still slow you down. and if they would create a 2nd lv 85 match it would make the player in the match even smaller. we are far from having a 25/25 match there or 20/20 not sure what is the numbers but it was more like a 9/8 match so very small player base there.

The game stability is from the client it self and would be hard for them to fix.  * or would take a year or 2 to fix it* it not something that is easy to clean up.

For the spam point of view. i dint have any problem with the spam it self only from the freeze that was only done by the warlock. and since I,m playing invoker i know the weakness of my own spell. and magnet is not a huge deal on is own and is easy to evade. even if you cast a MUD in is you can still get miss by the MUD for some reason and evade it with out getting slow or anti jump. yea the Barbarian is a nice freeze effect skill but in a larger battle it wont change much. compare to the super freeze of warlock.

that why we need a counter effect reduction system so we can get spam in a massive player base fight. and that will effect emporia too. since it's a problem there too, the freeze effect is to powerful in the game atm.

Sleep is cancel if hit, frog too. slow is slow./ stun have a lower effect then freeze but still stack able but would need many player, but freeze can be done by 1 player and in a loop easily. on a AOE scale not talking in 1v1 combat. The blizzard skill have a low CD and have a large area effect. i don't say to rise is CD of course not but a way for the freeze to not hold don't a player until he dies. if 1 warlock can freeze lock a area, many warlock can free a field if they freeze player in it

#124 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 03:35 AM

i dont really see a problem with the warlock freeze as a single skill, the annoying about the warlock freeze is if there is a magnet in the center of the blizzard.

sure it is annoying in bsq and Emporia if you acutally get caught in one, but it is a standalone skill which cant move and where you can just walk around.

it has by far not such a high freeze chance as the barbarian and sometimes you just get frozen on the first hit, well thats unlucky but i think the blizzard is okay the way it is designed, sure the spamming is annoying especially because once its casted it will stay there but if you take the constant freeze from the warlock it wouldnt be the warlock anymore in my opinion since the blizzard is one of its major skills together with fire emblem, which also provides icy slow with its ice spikes.

something else that came to my mind as idea was the spam of any skills, doesnt matter which class, any class has some certain skills it just spams because it is on low cooldown and has the best efficiency, but what about decreasing the Damage of skills if they get used too often in a too short period of time, for sure this has to be individual for each class since some classes have overall higher cooldown and some lower or more skills and some less, this may bring more variety to the game and maybe knock ups and knock downs become usefull again because those skills are filler before the main skills are off debuff again.

#125 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 05:30 AM

it like no one it reading what i say, or understand what i really said here.

am not talking about skill change at all. am only talking about the how any counter skill work in general.  The first effect ( freeze/stun/slow/blind/anti-jump/etc) need to have a reduction chance of stacking over a other after been trigger for the first time, and give a immunity of effect super short time 0.5 or 0.3 sec after the effect is off so you wont get spam in it again. That all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users