Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START] - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#26 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

Can you stop locking threads in Community Chat so that people can vent/grieve?  I think your players deserve the chance to do that.

We are locking them and redirecting here so all conversation regarding the topic can be consolidated to one thread. Feel free to post as you like here, whether it's questions or otherwise.

And thank you to everyone for submitting questions, I'm collecting them all and will send them to management today.

#27 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Nice work WP. You just played yourself.

#28 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Hope you answer even the ridiculous, yet sensible questions. Anyone might be a dual citizen and choose to renounce their citizenship in EU to move to their non-EU country before May 25th -- what will you do then?

#29 TheEye925

TheEye925

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

So, with all the current coverage over data breaches and data secruity, What does Warp portal plan to do when the United States and Canada create Data protection laws?

#30 JGkush

JGkush

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 26 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

Are you going to send an email to the accounts that will be affected? (In case there is no refund to be made on that account)

#31 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

You guys should just "Move" to cali :)

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

POPULAR

You guys should just "Move" to cali :)

How does that fix us losing 15 years of play? 

#33 Wyndor

Wyndor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

How does that fix us losing 15 years of play? 

You apparently didn't get the point of what i said lol. 

#34 Drengineer

Drengineer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

why i am not reciving a refound? i am from brazil but, as you can see there is no one in the server anymore. Why they have the right to recive a refound and i dont have? since there is no point for me to keep playing a MMORPG without the MM part.

#35 Chally

Chally

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

why not instead of locking threads you guys start answering questions here.

#36 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

As a player not effected directley by the ban, should I be concerned that you will not make changes to protect my data?

Is there a way for me to have my data removed from all your records?

#37 Gloe

Gloe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

^Asking the real questions

#38 SethKim

SethKim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Great work WP.  EU users, non-EU users, all gone.

Why don't you make refund to all? Or merge with another one. 

Any solution? Or you just don't care? 

Edited by SethKim, 26 April 2018 - 06:45 PM.

#39 EvilPandaGenius

EvilPandaGenius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

Great work WP.  EU users, non-EU users, all gone.

Why don't you make refund to all? Or merge with another one. 

Any solution? Or you just don't care? 

i doubt they care about the player based or the community its all about money to them . 

#40 r1ckyk1ng

r1ckyk1ng

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Restart

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:46 PM

Can you understand that we might feel kind of discriminated for being locked out just because where we are coming from?

Why did you delete my yesterday's thoughts about handling that topic to my lawyer? This wasn't meant as threat - I see that more like some kind of check (if your corporate lawyer seems to be on vacation).

#41 Rastaban

Rastaban

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:52 AM

Why is this block happening?

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

I think people deserve a better explanation than this.

We're not seeing a bunch of other online games shuttering EU access, so what part of WP and GDPR don't jive together? 

Edited by Rastaban, 27 April 2018 - 02:53 AM.

#42 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:10 AM

What is the real problem? To get the consent of all the EU players? To store that consent?

Get an landing page with questions like:
- The data you colect from us (name, address, and so on) -> If we agree that you colect it (Yes and No circles to choose)
- The purpose for that colection (marketing, player database, etc) -> If we agree (Yes and No circles to choose)
- The means you will use to colect and/or contact us(email, newsletter, forums, etc...) -> If we agree (Yes and No circles to choose on all the means used)

Get this link thru our emails ASAP, get this link in this FORUM, ingame, on games websites, so it is well published and everyone's have access to it and once we all respond to it, save that landing with our answers in your servers and you will have all our consents given.

No need to DISABLE us EU players!!!

#43 entangle

entangle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Loki

Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:48 AM

>we can't answer your questions because we don't even know ourselves! s-sorry europe! but please, feel free to buy as many kafra boxes as you like before may 25th! t-thanks!

#44 SummerFire

SummerFire

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:52 AM

Now many important questions regarding the WP and EU GDPR problem already got asked so at first point I want to thank those who campaign for the EU and impugn the treatment WP gives us. Thank you  :thx: 

My boyfriend and me, we just came recently back to iRO, are both heartbroken about this development. While he is not affected by the new Terms of Service I certainly am for being an European. Matter of fact we won't be able to play iRO anymore together - that sucks because I really loved the game.

I did log a few times into his account and I also payed his VIP and bought WPP/KP with my EU bank account while being in the EU ... do i need to worry now that i eventually flagged him and he will get banned too even so he is not from the EU?

I also would like to get the following question answered:

WP is the overseas company of Gravity and Gravity does own kRO, right? Which is up to date, has the newest features and probably a much better data security and handling than iRO has. Gravity DOES state on its website that Ragnarok is "Being serviced over 80 countries worldwide, including South Korea, Japan, USA, Germany, and Brazil". 
So I'm not quite getting why WP and Gravity don't find TOGETHER a solution for this. 

I learnt from my boyfriend that long time ago good old Ragnarok, where still server Loki existed, got merged into the Server Chaos. So basically all the data from one server got transfered to another one and you were actually able to see who came from which serve because they "renamed" every player from Loki into: <Char Name>_Loki

This is a good example of the possibility of moving plenty of players with all their hard earned stuff on another server. 

So please tell me why you rather let a whole server DIE OUT and lose a lot of your loyal customers instead of helping us, if you actually HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNOLOGY to help us?!
You could merge us with kRO OR make a copy of your code and create a new iRO Server to that you transfer all our data. Is this really asked too much?

I'm sad and disappointed. I expected more  :p_sad:

#45 2005130515163749360

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:11 AM

Hi, my friends are leaving because their guilds will be wiped with this block. I live in South America, can I recive refund? Because without friends there is no way to play in restart.

#46 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

Personally the silence and lack of general interest is enough of an answer to me.

I was already on the brink of quitting or not due to many missmanages. But with this, the general appaty, my group of friends moving to a pserver due to this, its very clear on what im gonna do.

Im still on the forums to see how things end up mostly of curiositty, but deep down im hopping this closses WP, and the rights for western/europe Ro gets sold to a company that can manage a game without being held down on every corner of the proces by KRo (in other words, that it is allowed to do its own rebalancing changes).

#47 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 09:16 AM

Just do a wipe and restart with lessons learned. A fresh server with little to no bots would be great. BB knight meta all over again.

#48 wizzzard

wizzzard

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:euRO - Chaos

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Now many important questions regarding the WP and EU GDPR problem already got asked so at first point I want to thank those who campaign for the EU and impugn the treatment WP gives us. Thank you  :thx: 

My boyfriend and me, we just came recently back to iRO, are both heartbroken about this development. While he is not affected by the new Terms of Service I certainly am for being an European. Matter of fact we won't be able to play iRO anymore together - that sucks because I really loved the game.

I did log a few times into his account and I also payed his VIP and bought WPP/KP with my EU bank account while being in the EU ... do i need to worry now that i eventually flagged him and he will get banned too even so he is not from the EU?

I also would like to get the following question answered:

WP is the overseas company of Gravity and Gravity does own kRO, right? Which is up to date, has the newest features and probably a much better data security and handling than iRO has. Gravity DOES state on its website that Ragnarok is "Being serviced over 80 countries worldwide, including South Korea, Japan, USA, Germany, and Brazil". 
So I'm not quite getting why WP and Gravity don't find TOGETHER a solution for this. 

I learnt from my boyfriend that long time ago good old Ragnarok, where still server Loki existed, got merged into the Server Chaos. So basically all the data from one server got transfered to another one and you were actually able to see who came from which serve because they "renamed" every player from Loki into: <Char Name>_Loki

This is a good example of the possibility of moving plenty of players with all their hard earned stuff on another server. 

So please tell me why you rather let a whole server DIE OUT and lose a lot of your loyal customers instead of helping us, if you actually HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE AND TECHNOLOGY to help us?!
You could merge us with kRO OR make a copy of your code and create a new iRO Server to that you transfer all our data. Is this really asked too much?

I'm sad and disappointed. I expected more  :p_sad:

It is possible to transfer for example to the existing official European server, but the question is whether WP will do it. Even if WP and WhyBe-Online find and agreement to transfer you always need to remember that pretty much all servers have custom items or items with different effects. As well as different updates, so even if there is a transfer you will most likely end up loosing some gear/chars.

#49 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

This is such a sad moment. : (

#50 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:23 PM

Why is this block happening?

• “As we already have announced officially, there were some changes for our European gaming operation and service plan, and unfortunately these changes made GVI to terminate the current European operation policy and strategy.  Thanks for your kindly understand and attention on this”

I always knew WP never actually answers questions on their FAQ threads but this one really takes the cake. I don't think you'll be getting anybody's "kindly understand and attention" on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users