Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START] - Page 4 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Terms of Service Update FAQ [RE:START]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

#76 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

The very reason I played officials and laughed at private servers was because of the permanence that iRO had to offer. 

Backfired ... I am sure I will miss you. Thank you for fun WoEs in Classic ^_^

#77 notmad

notmad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin Re:Start

Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:41 PM

For people outside the EU that want a refund & account closure, will we need to submit a ticket this week?

#78 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:35 AM

Update:

Please note there is a [4/30/2018 Revision] to the first post [link], refunding and writing tickets portion.

#79 helloyooji

helloyooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 May 2018 - 07:07 AM

giphy.gif

#80 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

I am not sure if the questions are still being forwarded to management but I'll ask anyway.

As a non EU who happened to temporarily be in Europe when I created my accounts is there a way for me to prove my situation?

#81 8733130503023857157

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 11:50 PM

Can I get ALL my money back please?

Thanks man!

#82 kochanneo

kochanneo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

Refunds for the non-eu people who spent their own money on stuff to help their now-banned guilds, would be nice too...

#83 gustavotri

gustavotri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:08 AM

Edited by gustavotri, 02 May 2018 - 05:15 AM.

#84 gustavotri

gustavotri

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:13 AM

I didn't think there was much point in making any kind of heartfelt or emotional post over this matter, but since the discussion is being forwarded to management I want them to hear this. It's very personal and probably sounds really entitled, but it's how I feel.

15 years I have supported your company even despite there being "better" options (pservers), I even kept a subscription the whole time without a break. I always believed that with the right support things would get better. I loved playing RO and committed all of my gaming time to it, not only for myself but for the community.

I can kind of understand why this decision was made, after all those EU fines are pretty scary. But are they really worth the loss of players who have spent thousands over the years and possibly the years to come? Is it worth breaking and destroying guilds and communities? Regardless of all the options laid out to us, my guild can't continue as they lose access to the shared accounts we have worked on for years. Everything they invested into the game as part of the team also goes to waste, no matter where they are from. 

I always wanted to believe that RO had a future that wasn't just private servers. I've always put in not only the cash that you as a company benefited from but also my heart and soul into the community and keeping players playing. It doesn't matter if they were friend or foe, it made the game. 

Now I'm seeing that the community has been ripped apart by this decision. One player is not "one player" they never are. For every player that quits, is banned or expelled, other players will follow them. Especially community leaders. In this case a whole server is pretty much killed off because of all the major guilds quitting/being banned.

I've had players reaching out to me asking if I'll be ok. Well I'm taking a huge portion of the community with me, so I'll probably survive personally....

But I worry for those players who have contacted me talking about the utter despair they have felt over this. It's honestly heartbreaking to listen to. 

A lot of people are hurting over this decision, RO hasn't been just a game for many, but a part of their lifestyle. I wouldn't be surprised if someone does do something stupid because they're unable to come to terms with the loss that has been inflicted upon them. (and honestly if I wasn't on medication and this had happened a couple of years ago, I'd be among those players)

It's not just about the loss of all our stuff, or being expelled from participating the in community, it's also the betrayal. Two years have passed since that law was first announced. Two years WP have had to prepare. Two years they lied to everyone to just take the money. The very reason I played officials and laughed at private servers was because of the permanence that iRO had to offer. We don't even get a transfer, which unpalatable at best would be easier to swallow than losing everything. 

Personally, I'm heartbroken. It's a lot to lose and it hurts like nothing I felt before. I'm aware of how stupid that sounds, but that's the reality of things at ground level. RO isn't just a job or means to make money for many players, as I mentioned before it's part of their lives.

Nothing can fix this. Even a shift in policy now won't heal the broken trust with the players. WP had so many options and they picked the one that hurt their players the most. Even the intermediate type options such as a transfer didn't even come into consideration.

I want to say I wish WP all the best for the future, but frankly the feelings are too raw to do so. I see they've damaged their entire playerbase, not just the EU players, but everyone who played with, against, was friends with, interacted with, took part in events by European players. Almost literally everyone and if they're not part of my list there, then they are affected by the server losing so many players. It's an MMO but without the "mass multi" it's too small for that anymore.

I loved playing, running a guild and doing events. I enjoyed helping out where I could. Being a volunteer to help out with the game was rewarding, I doubt any other game will ever come close, provided of course, I could open my heart to another game after such a betrayal.

Thanks for everything, I wish things had worked out differently.

- Nicola. 

+1 for Xelie

Even though I'm from South America and can play, I do not want to play in the game anymore, I do not trust that in the future I will not be affected by anything, I will not go into the game anymore because of my friends and even the enemies are no longer present. .

This is a goodbye.... :p_sad:

#85 VincentGrey

VincentGrey

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:34 AM

...So you're saying this is a bad time to come back?

#86 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:01 PM

...So you're saying this is a bad time to come back?

LOL OMG, IM dying right now.

#87 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:18 PM

LOL OMG, IM dying right now.

dont die pls

#88 Ryuuz0

Ryuuz0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

Some people take this game way too serious. LOL

#89 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:45 PM

Lazy or understaffed? Could be both.

or maybe they are missing the fire? I would have gone with understaffed as excuse way before, but I'm seeing my current game having exactly 3 dev's solo into 3 different parts abandoned of the game with dead tools and using their free time to fix it because they love it. (one actually is renovating alone parts of the first game and players from the first version actually got shocked about one dev using his breaks to rewrite some code and fix stuff... a game who many call dead since 10 years ago)

quoting a guy from my community on today lootbox theme "No greedy publishers on their right mind would close a market while giving them a bad image on the process. They will just get around the law like any other greedy company."  and here is where I exploded in a laugh.

#90 iROWorld

iROWorld

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:48 PM

or maybe they are missing the fire? I would have gone with understaffed as excuse way before, but I'm seeing my current game having exactly 3 dev's solo into 3 different parts abandoned of the game with dead tools and using their free time to fix it because they love it. (one actually is renovating alone parts of the first game and players from the first version actually got shocked about one dev using his breaks to rewrite some code and fix stuff... a game who many call dead since 10 years ago)

quoting a guy from my community on today lootbox theme "No greedy publishers on their right mind would close a market while giving them a bad image on the process. They will just get around the law like any other greedy company."  and here is where I exploded in a laugh.

Best thing to do is hit them in the pocket and stop playing for a while since that is the only thing they will listen to. Once they figure out that blocking EU was a bigger deal than they thought maybe that will light the fire and force them to change their terms of service again.  :p_laugh:

#91 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Best thing to do is hit them in the pocket and stop playing for a while since that is the only thing they will listen to. Once they figure out that blocking EU was a bigger deal than they thought maybe that will light the fire and force them to change their terms of service again. :p_laugh:

The problem with that is that they've burned a lot of players so bad with this that they wouldn't come back anyway. Good riddance.

#92 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:25 PM

What is dead may never die rolf

#93 pippi

pippi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Server:classic and renewal

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:49 PM

+ 1 for xellie. I completely agee with her.

#94 ValayarXT

ValayarXT

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 02:35 AM

Anyone got the refund allready?

#95 4160151228201008443

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Server:Re:start Odin

Posted 04 May 2018 - 10:31 AM

Anyone got the refund allready?

Still waiting for mine. It's day 4 now, they said they'll get it done as soon as May 5.

#96 CMAstra

CMAstra

Maje҉s͘t͡ic S̛pa͠će ͢W̡hal͞ȩ

• Community Managers
  • 1120 posts
  • Twitter:CM_Astra

Posted 04 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Hello everybody,

We have an update to the FAQ OP, here:

[5/4/2018 Revision] Due to the number of refunds being distributed, the rollout date for when these will begin has been moved to May 15th. We encourage any players who wish to expedite this process to send a ticket to our support team at support.warpportal.com, and request a refund so we can make sure to get all refunds distributed as quickly as possible.

Additionally, we are still waiting on answers to the questions we got from you and sent to HQ. We're remaining patient as we wait for answers. Thank you!

#97 Kerbera

Kerbera

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:01 AM

i am relieved that i didn't waste all that time playing this poorly managed server but at the same time i am sorry for those who have lost all their progress and friends because of this questionable change however i feel like this is an opportunity for us to move on to better games, we've been holding on to this nostalgic game with false hope for too long, it's not improving any time and we should all know by now that the game is only milking off players money and nothing else.

i feel like we're being abused being provided with worst possible service yet expect us to throw all of our money at them for tedious loot boxes, what do they think we are? brainless gambling addicts? so many game companies have been abusing this for too long and players hardly seem to complain about it unless it's about starwars lootboxes lol

good bye everyone, it was nice reading about ragnarok threads, i am surprised it has finally came to an end, i hope the most of us will find a better game that treats us equally fair instead of walking money.

Edited by Kerbera, 05 May 2018 - 02:02 AM.

#98 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 05 May 2018 - 07:57 PM

Abuse? Loot boxes? If you are going to bash wp at least get some info first. You have no idea about the server.

#99 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:53 PM

... i just got recover from my illness because of staying longer playing this game (im not blaming the game system) just to make my first trans in restart but after i log in now the population drop to 180+ players and thats why i got bored in this game and its not worth to play it anymore or worth to get sick just to get what i want on this game , since many players in restart says this server is dying then atleast migrate our accounts in renewal so that our spend sv and gears can be use there (not zeny) ..... your not making a initiative in this issues for other players :hmm:

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:02 AM

The answers to the questions asked in this thread are just one last, but typical, disappointment from Gravity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users