Terms of Use Update FAQ [ROSE] - Page 4 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Terms of Use Update FAQ [ROSE]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
152 replies to this topic

#76 Phoebe1982

Phoebe1982

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 06 May 2018 - 12:50 AM

I just change my post because of law - hour of "Feuer" but I will let check it by a lawyer!!! For me it´s fraud and I will see, if I getting rights.

I won´t do some illegal things, buuut I know I have some rights too!

Edited by Phoebe1982, 06 May 2018 - 12:52 AM.

#77 nichelkam

nichelkam

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 01:27 AM

You have the best community I've ever meet on a game, this situation sucks.
Thanks for all the good times guys.

My question: Is there a possibility that gravity will sell the game and we can come back at some point? (even if we have to start again)

#78 koningbarry

koningbarry

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:53 AM

I do have to agree with dumbledore they aren't forced to comply, is it smart not to comply? hell no =)

​The treatment that the playerbase was getting from the warpportal staff was horrible. I'm pretty sure that if they would have listened a bit more to the player base this game would have had a bright future and more durability instead.
​More players playing the game which would result in more cash, which would be easier to pay bills and staff members with and being more motivated as staff member aswell.
​Would have made more room for updates and such. most likely an mmorpg and the playerbase are comparable to a marriage/friendship, it has to come from both sides to satisfy the needs to make it work.
​And whenever a law like this would have passed it wouldn't have been a problem ''financially'' to comply.
To the warpportal staff please let this be a big big wake up call for you in the nearby future. I wish you the best of luck applying for new jobs in the future.

But yea it's time to get off of the sinking ship. I think we should be happy but i did hoped they opened up a bit more to be honest.

​Kind regards and mucho love <3

Edited by koningbarry, 06 May 2018 - 10:02 AM.

#79 Vertumnus

Vertumnus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:(¬‿¬)Rabbit Hole*:・゚✧

Posted 07 May 2018 - 12:34 AM

I do have to agree with dumbledore.......

who's dumbledore?

#80 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

i would really love to know if my accounts are gonna be save, like in if this booting Eu out ever gets lifted i could play again.
because my accounts would be still intact.

#81 CharasX

CharasX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:30 AM

i would really love to know if my accounts are gonna be save, like in if this booting Eu out ever gets lifted i could play again.

You would seriously play again on NaRose, even after what is happening right now?

*we need a medic!!!*

#82 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:39 AM

You would seriously play again on NaRose, even after what is happening right now?

*we need a medic!!!*

i would love if the accounts i did invest money and time in would be intact yes.

#83 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Just like with everything else gravity does, by the time this thread serves it's purpose, it'll be too late to do anything with the information. 

You know, holding a FAQ and then not following through is the same as just not doing one, right? If you weren't sure your superiors were going to get back to you in a timely manner, then you shouldn't have made the move to make this thread. Just my opinion. 

Edit: Just so you know what I mean, literally everyone here is waiting for you to answer one question, and I asked it earlier; but I'll ask it again for clarity sake.

Q: Will you, or will you not DELETE the EU members accounts who are affected by this ban.

Edited by Feuer, 09 May 2018 - 07:20 AM.

#84 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:30 PM

Just like with everything else gravity does, by the time this thread serves it's purpose, it'll be too late to do anything with the information. 

You know, holding a FAQ and then not following through is the same as just not doing one, right? If you weren't sure your superiors were going to get back to you in a timely manner, then you shouldn't have made the move to make this thread. Just my opinion. 

Edit: Just so you know what I mean, literally everyone here is waiting for you to answer one question, and I asked it earlier; but I'll ask it again for clarity sake.

Q: Will you, or will you not DELETE the EU members accounts who are affected by this ban.

Maybe if we keep repeating it they will finally reply

#85 SparkNiche

SparkNiche

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:21 PM

Its now been two weeks since the last update and its two weeks until the block.

You asked for questions. We asked questions, and some of them very important. Where are the answers. 

It is despicable that you are putting your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away without answering at least the most important questions.

#86 watermelonnn

watermelonnn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:14 AM

Maybe if we keep repeating it they will finally reply

HA, you're funny. 

#87 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 04:57 AM

funny thing if you go to the steam page of rose, as EU player the region ban has already happened.
'' can't access due your region'' its kinda what it told me

Edit: i was curious how much i did actually spend on this game guess what https://i.gyazo.com/...29e8009f080.png

Can't access while we still got 15days till the booting, i understand not being able to power up itself. but not being able to view my history is just lame

Edited by angeltje, 10 May 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#88 Tormented

Tormented

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Locationlvln my lil chars ;)

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:40 AM

I don't know for sure and Gravity haven't said anything on this yet, but I believe that to comply with the new regulations they will have to stop collecting data on EU users and also delete what data they already have on EU users.

So I guess that means our data will be lost for good and that they won't be able to offer us to reinstate our accounts, if they decided at some future point to comply and enact the law for their users.  :dunno:

#89 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 11:21 AM

Inb4 they 'accidentally' delete EVERYONE's data and 'somehow' don't have a back up. 

#90 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:21 AM

am glad am not from EU i am From Norway and we are not a part of the europe or eu union,if anyone wonder norway is in Scandinavian region, but i guess thay block me to anyways

#91 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:31 AM

I guess, you will be banned too.

13 years of rose online... always loyal to the official server... buying tons of IM... and then getting kicked like this.

Everyone at warpportal and Gravity should have a guilty conscience about how you treated the players from Europe.

you had two years to get ready for this new law.

If you don't want to deal with it... that is ok.

Up to you of course... I can understand that you don't want to be forced to do anything you don't want to.

BUT THEN YOU HAD TO TELL US IN TIME!

I don't blame you, that you don't want to deal with this law.

But I absolutely blame you for not telling us.

You could have told us two years ago... or even one year ago.... or at least half a year ago.

But not telling us... that is why I feel scammed. We all bought tons of IM all the time. And you knew all the time that you are gonna kick us...

And you invented the rune system... oh, you need IM shards to empower them easier... and you raised the max refine level to (20)... oh, you need IM Venurunes and Nepturunes for that... you made new IM items... and of course we bought...

All that while you already knew, that you are gonna kick us.

You made us spending tons of IM ... knowing that we won't enjoy all that for long.

We all love the game... we could stand that you didn't even do some bug fixes ...you didn't fix the group crash for two years... we were patient... you could not fix the duping... we were patient... we were loyal all the time. We spent money all the time.

To get a kick in the ass now.

The refund is a joke... if you really want to refund in a fair way... just refund from May 2016 to May 2018.

Since you knew about the new law... and decided to don't do anything but kick all the european players to don't have to deal with this law.... and after milking the european cash cow to the marrow.

12 days left.... and not even a single answer on our questions.

Shame on you.

#92 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 06:20 AM

you had two years to get ready for this new law.

You don't know they knew for that long. 

If you don't want to deal with it... that is ok.

Then why are you complaining.

Up to you of course...

Yes, it is.

I can understand that you don't want to be forced to do anything you don't want to.

Who does? 

BUT THEN YOU HAD TO TELL US IN TIME!

They did, they gave you time to say good bye, and file for a refund. 

I don't blame you, that you don't want to deal with this law.

Shame on you.
Sounds pretty hypocritical if you ask me. Shaming them for something you don't blame them for? 

Edited by Feuer, 12 May 2018 - 06:21 AM.

#93 Lijona

Lijona

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Locationsunshine coast

Posted 12 May 2018 - 07:04 AM

great how you don't want to understand what I wrote...

I blame them for not telling us in time.

And that does not mean... 4 weeks before we get kicked... that means at least half a year before that.

Because they were aware of this law.

If they were not aware... that would be a sign of terrible management.

Also not our fault.

So I still blame them for not telling us earlier.

#94 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 09:52 AM

great how you don't want to understand what I wrote...

I blame them for not telling us in time.
Ok, but you don't KNOW they didn't tell you quickly. For all any of us know, for all YOU know, they told us the same day they found out.

And that does not mean... 4 weeks before we get kicked... that means at least half a year before that.
How do you know they had time to do that? You don't. And what's with the arbitrary amount of time? You can't just hold an entire company to your standards and then condemn them for not doing it, especially when you don't KNOW if they even had the option or chance to.

Because they were aware of this law.
How do you know? Did they say they were? Did they post any information about it? 

If they were not aware... that would be a sign of terrible management.
Or, it would be a sign of a company not being aware of something going on in another COUNTRY. You can't honestly expect every company on Earth to know what's going on legally in every other country around the world. You're holding them to a false set of standards because you're upset. It's completely illogical.

Also not our fault.
You're right, sorta. You did have a vote in the matter. But, It's not their either, for all we know. And I firmly believe, with how much they grab at cash, they don't WANT to lose EU. But they HAVE to.

So I still blame them for not telling us earlier.
So be it, but it doesn't make it justified, and it's not based on any facts you can prove or cite. 

Now, I posted a video on the topic but I'll say it again here.

Stop making DUMB accusations. If you want to criticize them for something, do it about something they DID have control over, that you have proof they did. They've messed up a LOT of stuff with ROSE, but this EU thing, particularly the 'amount of time' issue, you can't prove. 

Edited by Feuer, 12 May 2018 - 10:01 AM.

#95 carlosrose

carlosrose

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 11:13 AM

The law was PASSED 2 years ago, its their obligation to stay tuned to ANY change in the laws that may affect them in any territory that they are offering a service in.
If they didnt then they are just even more fking incompetent that i could of ever imagined.
Not knowing about a law doesnt exclude you from having to comply to it.
The only one making a fool of himself is you. The way this was handled was retarded and pathethic, dont try to make up excuses for them.

#96 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

I don't have to make 'excuses' for them when the claims being made are unfounded, and not cited. 

Not knowing about a law indeed does not exclude them from complying with it, but this law isn't ENFORCEABLE until the 25th. They've not done anything wrong, until after the 25th should they fail to comply. They haven't breached it, and they obviously found out about it before it became a legal problem for them. 

So if you're going to sit there, and say they SHOULD have known two years ago, that's your opinion. I'm not disagreeing with you, and I'm not agreeing with you. I'm stating the facts. and the facts are, they've not made any statements giving a date when they were made aware. That is the only fact I need to refute this garbled nonsense and accusations. 

If you want to be mad about how they handled the past several years, which ultimately led to them not being capable financially speaking to comply and retain service, then I'll agree with you 100%. They're terrible when it comes to properly servicing their customers and I make ZERO 'excuses' for that. But just because you're mad about how they handled it, or have an opinion on what they SHOULD' have known and when they should have known it, doesn't make you right. It just means you have an opinion. All I said, was stop making unfounded claims on nothing more than emotion and unproven statements. Get over it. NA won't last long after the 25h anyway, so it's not like you're the only ones out. The game has been broken beyond playable for a long time and that IS their fault. With this banning of EU and the stigma it's causing, I fail to see how they'll remain profitable, but only time will tell. Besides, no game lasts forever. 

#97 Vertumnus

Vertumnus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:(¬‿¬)Rabbit Hole*:・゚✧

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:14 PM

technically, I am not affected by the law, but somehow I feel offended by what other players are saying as I go back to this post. That or the law itself triggers my inferiority complex the more I get to understand it, as I live in a third world country, I know for a fact that if my country tries to pull off a stunt like this, international companies will just drop us w/o second thought. lol I have a lot of other things to say...but it might come of shady or as mere reads...so nvm...

*hops away grinning

#98 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

did you guys know that from 1 may they are hiding our payment history from us? aka they wont permit us to look at it.

guess what they didn't tell us but they definitely knew that.

#99 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth

Posted 14 May 2018 - 04:54 AM

They just reading our questions and complains except replying..dunno what they understand our questions and complains..

I literally know how you feel. After this fiasco, I can say that even at the supervisory level of staff at Warp Portal, comprehension is not one of their strong points.

European, is not, an ETHNICITY nor is it a RACE. It's a nationality. For the love of god, STOP using Racist incorrectly and stop applying it where it doesn't fit!.Jesus christ.

Being called a European means you exhibit the characteristics of a native of Europe or are in fact a native of Europe. Being an actual European means that you are of any one of the nations of Europe. It is not a nationality per se. It is the same as calling myself Asian. I do not come from a nation called Asia. I do, however, come from a nation in Asia. Therefore, I, and anyone else, can call me Asian. Fact checks before going into legal talk helps a lot. You can be cited for false and misleading information as well.

You are correct that there is no racism in exercise here. However, there is an attitude exhibited by Warp Portal at the moment towards certain members of this community simply because they belong to a certain group. That in itself is prejudice.

In that note, I agree that many allegations and / or insinuations made here are prejudiced against Warp Portal with no basis on solid tangible evidence. I encourage everyone to consider, however, these points:

1. Warp Portal's service performance has left members of this community with the impression that the welfare of customers are not in the company's priorities. It can be said that this is a sentiment of members of this community for quite some time. This brings about many possible reservations as a consequence, such as leaving the community with the notion that the company is up to no good. An entity can stand for good and righteousness in the world, but if it looks evil, talks evil, and sounds evil, then should anyone who accuses the entity as evil be blamed?

2. The allegations leveled at Warp Portal have no evidence to base on because the evidence required to prove or disprove such allegations would have come from Warp Portal staff's lips (or in this case, fingers). They are the only members in this community you would readily believe were they to speak about what, when, where, and how they've heard, seen, learned, and done something. Transparency is another one of Warp Portal's weak points -- at the very least, this is true in the ROSE community. I have read better exchanges in some of the other communities here. But keep in mind that transparency here is not only in the manner of how frequent the back-and-forth dynamics of conversations occur, but in the manner they speak to us. Consider that the reason why we have no idea when Warp Portal was aware of the new law, its intricacies and the consequences as a result is because the public announcement that first spoke of this was worded in a way to avoid divulging such information or even allusions to the same. Now take for example, the announcements that occur after an incident. They would be worded in a manner such as, "It has come to our attention..." or "We have received reports...", both of which not only allude to the timeliness of the information to follow -- that is, they have recently come under enough notice to warrant the announcement -- but also, given no other context, a sense of how serious and urgent the matter is.

3. A statement being of one's own opinion does not disqualify the quality that the statement is correct, especially if there is a possibility the evidence exists and is not shared. Alternatively, given time, an opinion may be realised as fact. A man's opinion, true enough, is not fact. That doesn't disqualify the possibility that it may be. Considering the points offered earlier, in all likelihood some of the opinions -- and even some of the allegations leveled at Warp Portal -- have a 50% chance of actually being correct and a 50% chance of being wrong. The outcome may come to fruition if the appropriate information to decide the matter in contention was shared. But regardless of the availability of evidence and because the one making judgements equally does not have enough evidence as another one offering an opinion, the first cannot say that the second is wrong in the same manner that the first cannot say that the second is right.

#100 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:15 AM

I'll give you everything you posted minus one point because for once, thought was put into the response and I encourage further posts with such substance; however I will respond to that one point now.

In the event someone expresses an opinion or makes a claim/accusation, with or without evidence, the onus falls on the claimant. In this event, making allegations about Warpportal as many have done on this issue, it falls to that person to perform the research and supply the evidence while citing their sources. Given the fact they can't supply that evidence as you accurately pointed out; being that the only source of the evidence lays with Gravity themselves, and given my point earlier that slander and libel are illegal, the result should still be the same; that result being to err on the side of caution and not make claims you cannot support. It's also more civil and just to assume innocence over guilt. If we were to assume guilt, and demand Gravity provide evidence to defend themselves, we'd be demanding they prove a negative which many people are now firmly aware is nearly impossible. However~

Gravity could very well self implicate themselves in the claims being made; those being that they knew and withheld the information from their consumers in an effort to prolong profits as long as possible; but they haven't done that yet. I'd recommend that until they do, the accusers hold their claims and discuss them in private discussions until an appropriate time to levy them arises. 

On the racist & prejudice portion: I'm glad you see it isn't about race, but also sadden to see someone who would honestly believe that a company, whose only goal is to make profits, would honestly be prejudice against in this case the entire EU. It really does shock me that such a belief could be held as it is entirely contrary to the point of a company existing to begin with; to gain customers whom you sell products and services to; in the attempt to make profit. The claim just doesn't fit.

As far as their past transparency and handling of issues goes, there's a massive body of evidence to support that, some of which I compiled myself, and I doubt anyone could argue on good faith while being faced with such a body of evidence that Gravity doesn't have an issue with the quality of their ROSE service[s]. So I won't argue against any of those claims.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users