Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 12 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

#276 ChainsOfHeaven

ChainsOfHeaven

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 80 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:28 AM

People have already built around OCP items and some of them bring certain classes back to being viable. Blocking specific items would be better if it were to happen.

#277 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:22 PM

I want to make comment with regards to PvP. Well, as far as I know, the only reason why PvP is so dead is that there are no merits playing in PvP, most players see it as a waste of supplies because they don't get anything while playing PvP.

Hmmm, a simple rewards might be helpful while playing PvP to get more people to play. Also maybe some kind of leader board or something. 

#278 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

dorams should be categorized as demi-humans or player race. their size is already an advantage for them. 

suggestion for PVP:

make 2 rooms

1 map that is Gods/MVP enabled

and another map which disables Gods/MVP 

+1 to this

1)Please implement an anti-cheat system on the client. At least 50% of the woe scene uses some or the other form of cheat, and practically every other RO server of any repute has one. You guys have clearly sent the message that you're not going to ban cheaters. And from a business standpoint it does make sense to not ban half your spending population, but please for the love of god implement a game shield.

2)Non-reducable scaling damage skills need to go. (Gate of Hell, Suicidal Destruction, Tiger Cannon splash)

3)Cooldown applied on failed Masquerade skills.

Apart from these, there will be many guild-leader perspective issues relating to supplies, castle rewards, etc. The direction I feel we should go in is to reward meaningful activity in woe, where we reward guilds that fight/at the very least participate, and not incentivize last 10min castle breaking sprees.

Objection on item #2, so what skill do you want for suras to use? only TC and Gfist?

Mind you Gates Of Hell HP part cannot be reduced and that's come at a great price. I think this is not even the question, I think the reason many don't play PvP is because there are no rewards and they see it as just a waste of supplies.

#279 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:30 PM

low bar GoH would be a risky move... If suras didn't have the best mobility in the game, on top of great crowd control and also defensive capabilities :)

#280 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:02 PM

I run low hp and I die a lot. It takes me being with a sac slave to deal correct dmg needed and survive. Team work should be rewarded in an event that requires it. It will also take team work to take others teams down. I really feel we are trying to kill goh from sura. What other skills will they use besides tc? If we nerf goh I vote for cool down after fist be taken away.

I’m just voicing an opinion hope you can understand suras really limited and take huge profits to make work.

Edited by miliardo, 25 October 2018 - 06:03 PM.

#281 tihom

tihom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:27 AM

I run low hp and I die a lot. It takes me being with a sac slave to deal correct dmg needed and survive. Team work should be rewarded in an event that requires it. It will also take team work to take others teams down. I really feel we are trying to kill goh from sura. What other skills will they use besides tc? If we nerf goh I vote for cool down after fist be taken away.

I’m just voicing an opinion hope you can understand suras really limited and take huge profits to make work.

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not a sura player but GoH's unreducable part is what makes it amazing. Throughout this entire discussion, I see people complain about cheating, you know what Suras with Red hp GoH are the only consistent way of killing any really tanky person or a  dare I say it a cheater.  

For hell sake, they are the only way my SC dies (which is not a 1 hit wonder from CS), with a tao on and a -_- ton of reduction nothing ever kills me if not a GoH. I understand that GoH does crazy amounts of dmg but they have to put themselves at a very dangerous position to be able to do that. 

If anything the only thing people don't address about sura is the insanely effective crowd disable skill CC. It should be curable or dispelable.  

#282 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:42 AM

That's why you don't just straight up cut it's damage by 2/3 or something. As i said in my post, it needs to be revised on how the skill deals it's damage, and there's more than 1 valid option. Something like a 20~25% reduction to the HP portion, but not touch on it's formula could do it, or maybe treat it like a reverse picky peck, where if you are at red bar the ATK portion will deal double damage or something(mind you the atk portion of GoH is really puppy***g strong if you gear for atk). 

Also, as far as i'm aware, gfist sp blocking cooldown will already be reduced to 3s in the future, like it happened on re:start.

#283 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

Agree with all of these. But for the spammable skill cooldown time. Does that even do anything? Afaik DB had it but people are still shooting a machine gun. 

Well what do you want? loool modify every skill to suit your liking?

A bit of my "ideal" changes to some skills

Stasis needs to be blocked by unwalkable terrain
It's duration needs to be properly reduced by the stats of the receiver

Suicidal Destruction needs a Guild/Aliance wide Cooldown.

Tiger Cannon damage in woe should be revised. While i'm not really against it's single target capabilities, the fact that you target an RK, that is just short of max reducs, but can live it through their HP pool, but you still will kill everyone around it because their HP is 2/3 of his, is pretty lame.

GoH hp portion needs to be revised. Either to get a direct reduction(inside pvp area only) or to work like a reverse Picky Peck, scaling the atk portion dramatically the less hp you have.

Cursed Circle needs to have a stat/stats that reduce it's duration(not dramatically to be point of nullification)

A new woe type of reduction for autoattack boosting skills (at least 30~40%).

Mandragora Howl cannot go through unwalkable terrain.

All Masks have a 1s cooldown on use, success or not. The problem isnt that they can jump onto another target very shortly(1s opposed to actual 2s on success), is that they will ALWAYS succeed at any target they use the skill, because it goes at aspd speed.

Manhole duration halved. Currently it's as effective as killing someone for the purposes of a guild fighting another.

Defending Aura movement speed penalty reduced.
Sacrifice range slightly increased.

Revision of resistances to GX special poisons. 90% of the classes are pretty much always immune to most of them
Revision of Poisonous Smoke, either increase in area, or greatly reduced cast.

Most AoE spammable skills with a 0.2~0.3 cooldown(woe only)
Most skingle target spamable skills with a 0.2 cooldown(woe only)

ps: they do can change skill damages to affect woe/players only, it happens with some skills alreasy, like Throw Coin(1/3 damage against players). So it isnt an impossible "fix". And skill changes regarding damage should happen for woe/pvp only, and not touch PVM by any means.

Sorry but, all the bs revise skill I don't buy it.

The only thing WP should do is to give us more rewards while playing pvp! And make it competitive, put a freaking leader board or some shhh like that. Win rewards etc. 

You guys have no clue, if I ended using other classes I would be OP again and you will complain about that class. Its not the class skill thats imbalanced, its the skill of the player and gears how he makes a great build.

I am always in pvp everyday, and I don't get always one shotted by red bar goh suras. Because I KNOW how to play unlike you guys. smhf

Edited by 1299150619045824270, 26 October 2018 - 10:08 AM.

#284 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

I couldn't agree with you more. I am not a sura player but GoH's unreducable part is what makes it amazing. Throughout this entire discussion, I see people complain about cheating, you know what Suras with Red hp GoH are the only consistent way of killing any really tanky person or a  dare I say it a cheater.  

For hell sake, they are the only way my SC dies (which is not a 1 hit wonder from CS), with a tao on and a -_- ton of reduction nothing ever kills me if not a GoH. I understand that GoH does crazy amounts of dmg but they have to put themselves at a very dangerous position to be able to do that. 

If anything the only thing people don't address about sura is the insanely effective crowd disable skill CC. It should be curable or dispelable.  

Well have you met the RG cheater here? Well even if your a red bar high hp sura, you have no match to that RG because he have defending aura and 100% reflect damage. 

Then he have bigger HP pool than sura like 180k for sura 300k RG so you lose. What are all these BS complain about GOH again?

#285 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:51 AM

We are drifting from the main topic again, please try to stay on track.
I understand the RMT and dupe situation is a matter of concern, however going into lengthy discussion in this topic is not fit.
Been said, make sure you are at least within main post:

Hey beautiful! Haven’t seen you in a long time ;*.

As for the topic nothing ever changes yet this same questions is always asked. Why do people think this time will be any different? Woe has been dead for years now and has no chance of coming back without rewards.

Want a fix? Then put gods back to old for drops, and people might have a reason to start doing woe again. It will force losing side to start asking old friends to return. This is how any major Econ was taken in the past and if the woe was fun the old players stayed until they got bored again.

#286 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:25 PM

Hi Big, how have you been, revive dead discord channel please. 

#287 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:12 PM

Make it rwc style woe banned all mvp and all ocp. Like TE

#288 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:18 PM

Kagerou/Oboro is a good class against a Sura.

For me Masq is way more OP than GoH.

#289 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 26 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Kagerou/Oboro is a good class against a Sura.

For me Masq is way more OP than GoH.

.I've been asking them to atleast enable shadow leap.Would be good to have a kage chase around Sura on woe.

Why is it disabled  to begin with? Its a mobility skills the targets the ground same like Snap,Lope and Fallen angel. 

The other skill is Shadow Slash which requires targets and gives damage , works like PPA,Charge attack ,KA,Dark Illu.

So Enable Shadow Leap, 

Shadow Slash no.

#290 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Hi Big, how have you been, revive dead discord channel please.

____ me! You left me hanging.

Edited by Biggggg, 26 October 2018 - 10:05 PM.

#291 AceDT

AceDT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:43 AM

Everyone just want better reward in WoE. No need to nerf/balance/disable any skills or item.  :heh:

#292 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:36 AM

Everyone just want better reward in WoE. No need to nerf/balance/disable any skills or item. :heh:

That’s why most of us quit. No reason to woe if you can’t get a reward. Supplies cost way to much to get nothing back. We would spend more time camping mvps to supply for woe then we did even doing woe. Waking up at 2am to kill SM then back up at 4am for work wasn’t cutting it anymore.

#293 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:03 AM

Didnt classic have that guild dungeon thing that offers decent farming source for woe supplies?

#294 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:02 PM

Some more suggestions...

• block OCP in WoE
  • block Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE

Why block OCP in WoE?

It would bring back a life cycle to the game. People spend money for OCP to farm PVM, those PVM gears can be used in WoE.

Why block Unfrozen Shadow Set in WoE?

You should already know the answer to this, so many people pointed out why having this set available in WoE was stupid, and that hasn't changed to this day.

Not all OCP should be ban but there are some OCP that should be ban in the woe and pvp as they are the game breaking items. These items doesn't have any consequences to the player unlike their MVP card Counterparts or God item counter parts.

Let me give you one example of item that is comparable to inca.

>Devils hand is an OCP that gives you 100% defence penetration..and this is kinda a big deal. Unlike PDM that requires you a certain stat points to get the defence penetration you needed or BS gloves that is only wearable on the right slot of your accessory, Devil's hand has no major consequence and you can use its full potencial without having any problem unlike Inca and Thana. and giving the fact that Devil's hand is a cash item, this is an easy obtainable item unlike Inca and Thana.

This item can be worn by dorams so giving the fact dorams are monster spammers, a single doram with high tier items with devil's hand can defended an agit by its own using this item.

now. i know OCP is already in the blood on iRO but Some of the OCP that have been release just literally breaks the game. Like dude, even i wear the highest tier def set and i saw a guy with 100% defence penetration, my def set is useless. we got reason why we don't go full 100% defence penetration before the OCP era.

#295 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:25 PM

Not all OCP should be ban but there are some OCP that should be ban in the woe and pvp as they are the game breaking items. These items doesn't have any consequences to the player unlike their MVP card Counterparts or God item counter parts.

Let me give you one example of item that is comparable to inca.

>Devils hand is an OCP that gives you 100% defence penetration..and this is kinda a big deal. Unlike PDM that requires you a certain stat points to get the defence penetration you needed or BS gloves that is only wearable on the right slot of your accessory, Devil's hand has no major consequence and you can use its full potencial without having any problem unlike Inca and Thana. and giving the fact that Devil's hand is a cash item, this is an easy obtainable item unlike Inca and Thana.

This item can be worn by dorams so giving the fact dorams are monster spammers, a single doram with high tier items with devil's hand can defended an agit by its own using this item.

now. i know OCP is already in the blood on iRO but Some of the OCP that have been release just literally breaks the game. Like dude, even i wear the highest tier def set and i saw a guy with 100% defence penetration, my def set is useless. we got reason why we don't go full 100% defence penetration before the OCP era.

I do agree, but at the same time you can't make exceptions.

#296 GG8701

GG8701

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Thorrrrr

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:21 PM

Greetings All!

Cordite here, and we want to talk PvP with everyone. Currently, we're looking into improving WoE participation and general PvP play, so we are asking for our players general feedback regarding WoE, and what would encourage more players to actively participate? We are also looking to discus general PvP play, and how players feel about partaking in PvP. Everyone is welcome to give their input, whether it would be suggestions or grievances. We are looking to collect information that we can potentially use to improve PvP as a whole.

Some points we are looking for

• What difficulties have our players experienced getting guildmates to participate in WoE?
  • What would make active combat more rewarding during WoE on an individual level?
  • How convenient / inconvenient is it to partake in PvP in general?
  • How difficult is it to keep your guild supplied under the current server environment?
Please note we will venture into addressing additional platforms for PvP in a later post, for now we are looking to address WoE here and general PvP combat flow. We look forward to your feedback. Thank you.

Megaphone would  encourage players to participate (spectate)  in PVP *nuff said

#297 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

Megaphone would encourage players to participate (spectate) in PVP *nuff said

Drama!!! Lol

#298 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:54 AM

you guys got click baited to this thread!! This is just to funnel those emerging threads and to give us false hopes!

Anyway if this is really happening, cap on status resistances, say 90%

#299 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:04 AM

Yep megaphone is life :heh: can you guys experiment it on thor? Lmao

#300 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:00 AM

Megaphone was another item that iRO/Whoever convinced Campitor to not implement. Despite it being extremely useful in a low population server like iRO for recruiting party, selling expensive gears, PvP, guild recruitment. Somehow only thing people worry about is people saying stupid -_- on it when in reality not that many people would even waste money on it just to spam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users