Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 13 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

#301 BornHater

BornHater

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:46 AM

remove alliance feature so it will be more competitive.

and implement per realm woe

#302 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:48 AM

people will from time to time though, it was evident before on other servers, it's evident in other games as a platform to call out and diss too lmao

plus, the recent closure of status updates aint helping us get megaphones anytime soon so dont delve in it too much

#303 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:50 AM

So they really removed it? I thought i got banhammered by cinnamod from using my status lmfao

#304 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:57 AM

they removed it due to a lot of reasons, cant say it's primarily because of an individual. safe to say it was team effort 

#305 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:58 AM

Megaphone is a big hit here in SEA server

Every WoE worth logging in just for reading the megaphone :3

#306 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:33 AM

Thatd be interesting to see drama filled woe again lol

Also an extinct way of earning zeny will be revived again: Shout service

#307 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:36 AM

So they really removed it? I thought i got banhammered by cinnamod from using my status lmfao

VMod team doesn't have the authority and power to moderate status feed panel of the forums.

Discussion is slowly moving away from main topic, to refresh memory please try to have your postings within what's been requested/posted by the staff. 

Greetings All!

Cordite here, and we want to talk PvP with everyone. Currently, we're looking into improving WoE participation and general PvP play, so we are asking for our players general feedback regarding WoE, and what would encourage more players to actively participate? We are also looking to discus general PvP play, and how players feel about partaking in PvP. Everyone is welcome to give their input, whether it would be suggestions or grievances. We are looking to collect information that we can potentially use to improve PvP as a whole.

Some points we are looking for

• What difficulties have our players experienced getting guildmates to participate in WoE?
  • What would make active combat more rewarding during WoE on an individual level?
  • How convenient / inconvenient is it to partake in PvP in general?
  • How difficult is it to keep your guild supplied under the current server environment?
Please note we will venture into addressing additional platforms for PvP in a later post, for now we are looking to address WoE here and general PvP combat flow. We look forward to your feedback. Thank you.

Not making any promises but from the player input on this string we have a few starting points on improvements we are looking further into, such as:

• A reward system that rewards actual active combat during WoE (not yet able to discuss the exact method, but please rest assured that a method is currently being looked into. As soon as we can, we will share the concept with the community)
  • Potential PvP only supplies that can be obtained, but usable only in PvP play (to be obtainable by several methods, still being looked into)
  • forms of fast travel options (such as teleporters) to help players have easier access to PvP locations / events (this will be at an increased cost for non VIP)
  • Dorams to be potentially classified as player race
To be clear at this time we are making no promises on what may be implemented, and there are also several other points that we are looking into but not yet at a stage to discuss. Please know we do have an intent to improve the PvP experience, and this process will not be immediate, and will take some time, however all of the suggestions here have been noted down. We will continue to monitor the string, if anyone wishes to contribute a fresh idea, please feel free to jump in.

#308 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:55 AM

Yeah man, people can't handle being called out and dissed through megaphone. But the people who are against it are consistently calling people out over the forums. Lmfao hypocrites.

#309 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

People of all ages played pRO even when megaphone was on and there were occasional fights n all back then

I dont know why it's not allowed here. Cause it's 2018 and anyone can be triggered by just about anything?

#310 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:03 AM

tbh i couldn't care less about the content of the messages, but i rather not have the visual polution they bring. Prontera raffler was annoying enough

#311 Pixvoly

Pixvoly

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:45 AM

People of all ages played pRO even when megaphone was on and there were occasional fights n all back then

I dont know why it's not allowed here. Cause it's 2018 and anyone can be triggered by just about anything?

In that case, it should be permitted on thor server since it was used a lot on the former pRO servers and leave it at that.

Edited by Pixvoly, 30 October 2018 - 07:46 AM.

#312 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

didnt say i was against it either  :p_idea: all im saying is the chances are slim

#313 JoaquinAndres

JoaquinAndres

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 30 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

TO revitalize PvP is necesary to implement ranged pvp rooms I mean, a room only for 1-99, 100-125, 150-175 etc..This will lead people to compare each other on the same circunstances..

#314 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 10:59 PM

So can you guys like.... enable hp/sp recovery from the agit savepoint for those without vip?

Dying drains my supplies more than lasting inside the castle

#315 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:10 PM

So can you guys like.... enable hp/sp recovery from the agit savepoint for those without vip?

Dying drains my supplies more than lasting inside the castle

Get VIP :U

#316 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

that's a vip benefit though, if people are willing to stand by not having certain items in cash shop, then i am willing to stand by the fact that we cannot remove further vip benefits in this game.

as it will give them more excuses to find revenue through other means

#317 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:41 AM

I do agree, but at the same time you can't make exceptions.

well.. well, the exception is on the woe and pvp only. pvm is untouched.  this is just for restoring the old meta of the game that we are used to, not the pay to win meta which we are currently having

Thatd be interesting to see drama filled woe again lol

Also an extinct way of earning zeny will be revived again: Shout service

If it was implemented last year when WOE at thor is still alive, that would be very funny wahahaha (especially how our enemy alliance likes to trash talk with one of our allied guild and vice versa and we're like "welp, this is entertaining") still those vids are in youtube and i still watch it, ahhh..good times....

-----------------------------------------

but i wish that wp is really eager to do something about this woe/pvp gaming meta

#318 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:49 AM

Thor has so much to worry about when it comes to retaining it's populace

There's that new pRO, that booming pserver, that new mobile game, the domino effect of people quitting due to god knows whatever reasons then the general feeling of being just a visitor in an already established RO franchis and not to mention the problem the entire community faces these past few years

Woe... is kinda alive but sooner or later will follow the footsteps of Chaos and Loki if nothing is done

Yep anyone can hate a server or two, we will all go down in this already sinking ship in the end anyway lmao

#319 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

Stay on topic, please, like -seriously :)

Removed potential derail.

#320 Si6ers

Si6ers

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

Disable guild alliance in WoE
Pros
* bloody and full of action
* no agit is safe
* small guilds can merge together to form a big guild
* no guild is undermanned (56/56)

Cons
* difficult for small guild to engage in battle 
* small guild will be force to join big guild or suffer the wrath of the big guild

Create WoE Reward NPC 
After every WoE, players who participated can get their reward from WoE Reward NPC.
(5-15mins allowable time to claim the reward after WoE)

Guild w/ agit
- normal, 1k pcs white slim and 25 pcs berry
- rare, 3 pcs e. elu and 3pcs e. ori (if possible)
- s rare, ocp (if possible)

Edited by Si6ers, 11 November 2018 - 09:05 AM.

#321 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:40 AM

Giving out OCP lootboxes as rewards make it more worthy for guild leaders I think. OCP already surpasses god items so might as well make it a desirable item for the guild leaders.

#322 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:48 AM

Not making any promises but from the player input on this string we have a few starting points on improvements we are looking further into, such as:

• A reward system that rewards actual active combat during WoE (not yet able to discuss the exact method, but please rest assured that a method is currently being looked into. As soon as we can, we will share the concept with the community)
  • Potential PvP only supplies that can be obtained, but usable only in PvP play (to be obtainable by several methods, still being looked into)
  • forms of fast travel options (such as teleporters) to help players have easier access to PvP locations / events (this will be at an increased cost for non VIP)
  • Dorams to be potentially classified as player race

To be clear at this time we are making no promises on what may be implemented, and there are also several other points that we are looking into but not yet at a stage to discuss. Please know we do have an intent to improve the PvP experience, and this process will not be immediate, and will take some time, however all of the suggestions here have been noted down. We will continue to monitor the string, if anyone wishes to contribute a fresh idea, please feel free to jump in.

Coming up on a month after this was posted. Any brainstorms / plans you can share? WoE is kinda butts again.

#323 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:01 AM

Just hyped us up so that players will think twice before leaving for rom

And now the game came + another gamebreaking ocp lol

#324 hammie

hammie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:52 AM

omg this thread!

I haven't read any responses so Im just gonna post what I think.

Hello player since 2006 here. Nice to talk. I want to start out by saying that WoE is by far the most exciting part of the game. Everything you do in PvM comes to fruition when you use the experience and gears you have gained to pwn noobs in WoE.

I feel that WoE is very full of a lot of crap these days. Ever since renewal the entire concept of WoE has seemed really unfair and broken to me. Nothing has scaled well or balanced well for renewal. Transcendent / Pre Trans WoE is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of competitive spirit and fairness, compared to renewal.

I think renewal WoE could be A LOT better. And here is how, in order of importance

• Apply player race reductions to all skills
  • All damage needs to be affected by WoE reduction too
  • Make Dorams player class.
  • Disable stasis
  • Increase HP of barricades and stones
  • Get rid of plant health emperiums
  • Better /mineffect
  • Impossible to supply for / attend regularly for most people
Spoiler

If anyone at WP actually wants to talk to someone who has been doing this for like 10+ years, let me know I'd be stoked to chat via phone or Discord. I'm also like 45 mins away from HQ.

Basically all of this. I also do not think WOE will ever go back to its Glory days.
1.There just aren't enough people playing currently to support it. Back when it first came out we had huge city alliance's (alde v. Geff v. Payon v. Prontera) we played for the god items and bragging rights.
2. The game items have changed so much that the game never changed with them. Reduction needs to be changed to match current gears. Some gears just need to be disabled like ocp's.
3. Times need to change.
4. Rewards!!! Based on what I quickly read people seem to be having a hard time coming to an agreement on who benefits from woe. Maybe I am renting this wrong but way way back in the day the entire guild benefited. We could have access to level in the guild dungeon which was a real good way to 99 back then. We could eventually make god items, which not everyone got to use let's face it. At the same time being a guild leader sucks ass. It just does. Until you have been one for multiple months you don't know how bad it sucks.

The rewards now are just outdated. They don't cover supplies. They are outshined by ocps. I would have liked for a Bryn or moljnir but now I couldn't care less about having one.

If you YouTube videos from early woes you see how many people there were. How much $hit talking there was. How much fun, for the most part, people had. Even if it was 2 hours. Gradually that fun diminished because friends stopped playing. Woe didn't change with the updates. 2 hours felt like 4. That's why I imagine guild leaders had to "beg" people to woe. Not to mention those kids playing when woe first came out grew up. They got jobs, families and so on. RO never replaced those people who left.

I also don't see a point to this thread. Not to knock the staff but updates rarely happen, suggestions are rarely implemented based from I've seen and population is declining. It jumps back up slightly when exp/drops event happen. I've also noticed the people playing want everything hand delivered to them. Maybe that's just me but we get exp,drop and upgrade events on the regular. We never had so many events in the early days. Usually they were for special reasons like Xmas or anniversary. I'm also not saying that it was amazing back then. There were plenty of issues. But I'm not going to get into them.

Hope woe gets fixed. I hope the population increases but I'm not holding my breath. Man I do get nostalgic for woe on the early days though. Fun times.

#325 Zeusterae

Zeusterae

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 843 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 November 2018 - 11:41 AM

• Apply player race reductions to all skills
  • All damage needs to be affected by WoE reduction too
  • Make Dorams player class.
  • Disable stasis
  • Increase HP of barricades and stones
  • Get rid of plant health emperiums
  • Better /mineffect
  • Impossible to supply for / attend regularly for most people (better rewards)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users