Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

#26 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:35 PM

disable gods and gtb/tao/limit those ups to their safe level. creating a party is not an option these days coz of one shots. gotta have to utilize the party.

#27 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:36 PM

#Make PVP great again.

Make doram demi-human.

Create a button that instantly warp you to PVP waiting room.

Add a Kafra storage inside of PVP waiting room.

Give rewards for every 50 kills, 100 kills, 500 kills, etc.

Give most trigger happy title.

Add a spectator mode where players can watch as a baby poring sprite without getting hit.

#28 DrArthur

DrArthur

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

BTW, please understand that the most serious problem in WOE is cheating

Unfortunately  this is beyond wp's ability to counter it unless you have something like game guard to against it.

GameGuard does not stop cheaters or bots. Please don't spread misinformation.

GameGuard is a rootkit. Nothing more, nothing less. You are just as safe downloading any random trojan on your computer. GameGuard actively spies on all processes you have, logs all key strokes, and sends it back home to their databases. It also doesn't play well with most modern apps and programs like Flash or HTML5.

#29 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:38 PM

• What difficulties have our players experienced getting guildmates to participate in WoE?

-Little to no rewards. only the Guildmaster and his friends are benefiting in this game feature. not to mention we burn supplies/consumables

• What would make active combat more rewarding during WoE on an individual level?

-No comment

• How convenient / inconvenient is it to partake in PvP in general?

- inconvenient because of the long walk you need to travel just to get to the arena, no rewards whatsoever except for bragging rights, and burning your own money for supplies and potions

• How difficult is it to keep your guild supplied under the current server environment?

-No comment 

#30 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:42 PM

The fact that ppl think guildmasters have any benefit from WoE is just crazy to me '-'

#31 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:43 PM

disable bug cell, 3rd party program, macro's on pvp and woe

To be honest I suck bad without macros. I don't even want to play RO without macros. To be fair most popular game companies already banned the use of macros. I'd most likely quit or get myself banned from continuing to use macro if they enforce it here.

#32 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

Also I forgot to add. Doram not being Demi-Human is not even a problem in my opinion. The fact that WoE is almost like PvP is a problem which is the same problem that we have against Sura. They're specialized in 1-1. Do whatever you can to take them down when the're busy. 

For Doram, kill them when they're PP'ing the poor soul AKA sacrifice to give you time to approache and kill the Doram.

For Sura, from the top of my head, Suras are immobile when they're casting some Zen or something, that's usually enough time to speed pot and kill the dumb Suras. It always worked for me. Stay distant from the problematic Sura (or any OP player), then sneak behind when they're busy killing or buffing, and boom.

#33 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:48 PM

The fact that ppl think guildmasters have any benefit from WoE is just crazy to me '-'

im sorry, but if i may ask, can guild members create god items? can guild members farm god item ingredients too? 

#34 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:50 PM

No, but mostly speaking, neither can a guild leader for the past 8 years.

Thanks Heim and kRO.

There is no economic or equipment gains from WoE. Gods are mostly replaced, and even if you wanted to make one its virtually almost impossible with the drop rate nerf, and the randomization of pieces.

By the time a guild leader is even able to make a Meg, they've probably spent double the worth of that meg on supplies.

Edited by Toxn, 12 October 2018 - 07:53 PM.

#35 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:54 PM

i second this though, woe before is different from the present because direct rewards aren't as purposive as it was. As much as people want gods, we develop into an era where the gear alternatives can be just as beneficial as the ones currently rewarded.

maybe the re-evaluation of gods, or additional rewards could be nice. it may be a huge chunk of supplies, cause atm guild leaders do it for the fun of it i think so helping it be a load off of their budget is always appreciated. and thats due to hearing all of this "what's the importance of econ in 2018" thing lol

#36 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

No, but mostly speaking, neither can a guild leader for the past 8 years.

Thanks Heim and kRO.

There is no economic or equipment gains from WoE. Gods are mostly replaced, and even if you wanted to make one its virtually almost impossible with the drop rate nerf, and the randomization of pieces.

By the time a guild leader is even able to make a Meg, they've probably spent double the worth of that meg on supplies.

meaning to say only Guild Masters can enter the treasure room for guilds? 

#37 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

100k HP RK one shot by someone, anyone or even everybody? why bother! not rewarding not even entertaining!

#38 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:59 PM

Sure, god bless that guild master who can enter a treasure room and find themselves an elu, dead branch, and 3 carat diamond.

God damn guild leaders and their crazy rich profits from WoE.

#39 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

Sure, god bless that guild master who can enter a treasure room and find themselves an elu, dead branch, and 3 carat diamond.

God damn guild leaders and their crazy rich profits from WoE.

so..... guildmasters have 0.01% rate to get an ingredient while members have 0%

if my english is right...

isn't that a benefit? 

Edited by BlackMeow, 12 October 2018 - 08:01 PM.

#40 DarkOrinus

DarkOrinus

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:10 PM

isn't that a benefit? 

a benefit that is unforgiving, for something that may be useless.

lets not dabble in saying who's making more sense than who. in reality. this benefit isnt that good for the maintaining costs. how far will that benefit actually get you to reap your rewards.

if you would know better, you could just agree with the fact that rewards offered right now needs a fixing.

#41 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

isn't that a benefit?

So having a 0.01% chance of still getting -_- by rng, while having to organize an entire guild weekly, supply it(at least most guilds in iRO do) put up with ppls BS and a lot of other stuff and work to do, is still a benefit over the poor members left to dust in the dark corner.

K

I would've actively have given my guild leader any god piece i've got just for the amount of effort she put in for the guild every woe, every week.

#42 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

omg this thread!

I haven't read any responses so Im just gonna post what I think.

Hello player since 2006 here. Nice to talk. I want to start out by saying that WoE is by far the most exciting part of the game. Everything you do in PvM comes to fruition when you use the experience and gears you have gained to pwn noobs in WoE.

I feel that WoE is very full of a lot of crap these days. Ever since renewal the entire concept of WoE has seemed really unfair and broken to me. Nothing has scaled well or balanced well for renewal. Transcendent / Pre Trans WoE is leaps and bounds ahead in terms of competitive spirit and fairness, compared to renewal.

I think renewal WoE could be A LOT better. And here is how, in order of importance

• Apply player race reductions to all skills
  • All damage needs to be affected by WoE reduction too
  • Make Dorams player class.
  • Disable stasis
  • Increase HP of barricades and stones
  • Get rid of plant health emperiums
  • Better /mineffect
  • Impossible to supply for / attend regularly for most people
Spoiler

If anyone at WP actually wants to talk to someone who has been doing this for like 10+ years, let me know I'd be stoked to chat via phone or Discord. I'm also like 45 mins away from HQ.

Edited by Scuba, 12 October 2018 - 08:53 PM.

#43 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:21 PM

Whales gonna swim, I don't know how ruined the WoE scene is with so many unbalanced classes over there, but for a simple pvp suggestions

1.- Kafra teleport to public pvp arena, this map won't have any restrictions so pub fights will be funny to watch.

2.-Pvp rooms with different scenes (non trans, non third,NON MVP CARDED GEARS etc.)

3.-Potless pvp room

I never found how people pvp here if we can't even use @duel.

#44 WolfTri

WolfTri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2041 posts
  • LocationWinterfell

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:30 PM

1)Please implement an anti-cheat system on the client. At least 50% of the woe scene uses some or the other form of cheat, and practically every other RO server of any repute has one. You guys have clearly sent the message that you're not going to ban cheaters. And from a business standpoint it does make sense to not ban half your spending population, but please for the love of god implement a game shield.

2)Non-reducable scaling damage skills need to go. (Gate of Hell, Suicidal Destruction, Tiger Cannon splash)

3)Cooldown applied on failed Masquerade skills.

Apart from these, there will be many guild-leader perspective issues relating to supplies, castle rewards, etc. The direction I feel we should go in is to reward meaningful activity in woe, where we reward guilds that fight/at the very least participate, and not incentivize last 10min castle breaking sprees.

#45 angelopaol1011

angelopaol1011

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

This are just my views, if its acceptable or not of course its up to the developers and experts in this game so please don't hate me for this.

For WOE:

1) WOE Reward system similar to or equivalent to Battlegrounds. Or if iRO manages to come up with a new content for woe, much better.
2) WOE Special rewards for the Top Ranking guilds (motivating but not overkill rewards that will encourage old players back and new players to play woe).

3) Improve, reduce or eliminate lag in woe maps (always got disconnected too most of the time specially in large-scale clashes).

4) I think cap for resists shall be around 90% to 95% (but not 99%). Imagine 500,000 damage if its just 75% resist cap, oh crap!. On the other hand, imagine majority of the new players who would like to play if the cap is 99% - since they are just starting out, how will they get motivated to play if they got beginner to intermediate gears that just deal maximum damage say for example 100,000 damage and 99% of that is reduced, oh crap again?

5) Dorams will remain brute race but MUST be listed as player race since basically they are players. Its up to your guild how to strategize on how you will deal with this fearsome but cute race.

For PVP:

1) Add events that occur at certain days/times that will entice players to PVP. Examples are shown in the following items below. 

2) Currently there is only one room which is No limit, this will remain as it is. My suggestion is to open up the room next to it and make it a room where MPV's, god items to not work there.

3) An hour after woe periods, players will be given 1 hour to play either to defend their Hero titles or for the new contenders to rise up and claim the title.

4) Hero title system of some sort for the top ranking PVPers (5 ranked titles for the no limit/no rules room, another 5 separate ranked titles for the new room that has restrictions. And to make it more special, make the sprite color of the titles different than ordinary sprite). Let the bragging begin! 5 is just my number for the ranks, its up to you developers and experts to decide how many titles there will be.

5) I'm not really sure what rewards will befitting for this PVP event, again its up to the developers and experts to decide.

Edited by angelopaol1011, 12 October 2018 - 09:47 PM.

#46 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree

Posted 12 October 2018 - 09:57 PM

dorams should be categorized as demi-humans or player race. their size is already an advantage for them. 

suggestion for PVP:

make 2 rooms

1 map that is Gods/MVP enabled

and another map which disables Gods/MVP 

Edited by BlackMeow, 12 October 2018 - 10:01 PM.

#47 mianhua

mianhua

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:18 PM

For WoE 1 schedule, West coast ppl still working Asian ppl have to weak up so early and some ppl got to go to work before WoE finish, maybe only good for the east coast.

So my suggestion is to change the time schedule to the weekend and make it 2 hours later(6-8 PST), try to get everyone able to come. 

Also about cheating, if can't  fix it, I think maybe we can add some CD on pot like 0.2 sec, 1 sec cd for masq when is failed(don't tell me u never got fly kick and 2 masq at the same time) at least we can make it acceptability, in fact that will helping a lot of new player or small guild

Edited by mianhua, 12 October 2018 - 10:43 PM.

#48 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

Inflammatory and accusatory postings have been purged.

Please let's stick to the main topic, make sure to follow the formatting as posted here.

#49 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

Cheating will not be stopped and I understand that GM cannot really fix it at this point since new programs come out consistently. 

But I think something like a pot delay for autopot, cooldown for masq when it fails would make sense. 

EDIT: Tbh I don't expect them to do anything about it at this point, but if they can make PvP/WoE/BG more active and somehow make supplying for WoE easier for everyone it is already good enough for me. At least it is a step to show that the GMs are caring about the scene at the very least. 

WoE is somewhat alive right now only because 2 of the big guilds have good guild leaders who are willingly supplying their guild to keep it going. I really hope the GM makes it easier for both of them to supply their member so it doesnt become stressful and probably at a point, be unable to supply. (This goes for TE as well) 

Edited by Diskence, 13 October 2018 - 01:15 AM.

#50 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 01:11 AM

First and last warning, please try to post in a constructive manner, the accusatory cannot maintain any further.

Couple posts have been purged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users