Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat - Page 8 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Round table discussion regarding WoE & general PvP combat

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
375 replies to this topic

#176 mlmf

mlmf

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Thor

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:42 PM

There is a quest where you kill a cretain number of race specific monsters, so i think it could be possible.

#177 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

and extremely limiting and convoluted

#178 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

OCP in game obtainable stuff should come from VIP perks. Not mini MVP or anything else but VIP, it needs something now @_@

#179 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:15 PM

• Making WoE Potion Boxes (White Blue and Violets) in castle treasure box more in quantity. Maybe turning boxes into crates, by which these crates have a number of woe pot boxes to offer.

I agree with pretty much only this point. I think WP could kill two birds with one stone if they massively overhauled the contents of castle treasure. If you could get crates of 200 (or another number) WoE supplies at varying drop rates instead of all the junk loot (slotted armors / weapons / elu /ori / OCAs) that exists now, you could reduce the burden of supplying a guild and make leading guilds a lot easier. Plus it adds more rewards. Imagine how many players you could supply with a 100 econ fort. Guilds could finally be big again.

A ton of people are of the mindset that "if there is nothing in it for me (in terms of earning wealth) I won't even participate." there could be a daily cooldown NPC in the guild dungeon that gives some gear, costume or items randomly depending on the realm. This could be exploited by players who rotate their alts into a guild that owns a GD, but there might be some way to avoid that, or just design the drops with that in mind (maybe a cracked buckler upgrade type thing). This would also encourage players to invest into different GDs more so they can access this reward NPC without necessarily being in a guild. More players investing in other realms would increase the overall supply of investment items that can be brewed / supplied for WoE. So it creates a positive feedback loop.

#180 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:51 PM

• WoE Guild Coins dropping in Castle Treasure Box. For Kvasir Ring prize highlight.
    Add more -_- items to WoE Treasures, great '-'

• Separate investment option for WoE Supply Consumables, Item Catalyst / Food Ingredients and Miscs.
  • Investment system turned into buy what you need instead of gambling methodology for the acquisition of actual consumables needed.
    Kills the WoE investment as a system. Instead, just reajust the existing rates and items given.
  • Kill counts in guild dungeon available for any member with access for woe supplies. Mostly WoE boxes, speeds, starsands and most other desireables the community might take into account.
    Not needed if you treat on WoE supplies by the other means, also further disincentivizes the use of the investment system, -_-ting on it again.

• Guild leveling bounty boards for woe supplies maybe food mats found in owned castle. (Mostly to address end game continuous task. Would make a timeless loop of end game players aid new ones just making things more causal for them as well. Even if it's the end game maps like nct or bio4)
    Leveling? K. Otherwise, above.

• No multi clients in WoE.
    Impossible
  • Mini VIP to include WoE benefits like kafra healing and teleport throughout realms.
    Should be there even when not VIP.
  • Time change considerations.
    Debatable, but likely won't change, ever. It's easier for a party that doesn't yet participate to try to adjust themselves than to force everyone who already does to do so.

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 October 2018 - 04:52 PM.

#181 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 05:28 PM

So how about disable unfrozen set when equip with tao card?

Strongly agreed. Enabling unfrozen shadow set in woe was a major turning point for woe. I remember there was a thread discussing the issue before implement. Alots of players including almost every guild leader back in the days were strongly against it, except 2 specific players. Well, gm chose to listen to the 2 specific players over the majority.

Since the implement, players had been complaining how OP certain classes are on and on in every woe-related thread. Which most of the issues was pointed out in original thread.

P.S watsup charkri long time no see

Edited by s3nd0, 15 October 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#182 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Making food materials more prevalent won't decrease the price of foods. You guys are living in a dream where you think venders are actually generous people. Foods will stay the same but just sold at a large amount and easier to find. 

#183 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

Making food materials more prevalent won't decrease the price of foods. You guys are living in a dream where you think venders are actually generous people. Foods will stay the same but just sold at a large amount and easier to find. 

On the contrary, if materials are more abundant price wars will occur. It happens with every other easily obtainable item in this game, I don't see why it wouldn't happen with food items if the supply was steady enough.

#184 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

I don't disagree with making food materials more prevalent, I agree with you that making food materials easier to obtain would be good for the server. But I still don't think it'll be a big change in the pricing. Afaik Camp made it easier to get Drosera from investment and supposedly from talking to some investment people they did say it was better (obviously not a huge change) but prices continued to fluctuate. There is just too much zeny at this point on the server for anyone brewing to want to lower their price even with a large amount of materials to make it worth their time. 

I don't see why they can't just do both. One way to obtain them in game easier and one way to just throw it in the cash shop. 

#185 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

because the cash shop option is a kick in the balls of the ppl who actually brew stuff, and with them out, now all you have left is the cash shop one. Yay?

And making materials way more obtainable will drive prices down, not instantly, but overtime they will all decrease. That's very simple supply vs demand.

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 October 2018 - 06:28 PM.

#186 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

But why would they be out if both of them are in? Not that many people are actually gonna spend money to buy foods in the game. Afaik I'm one of the only few people who actually uses KP to just buy all my buffs. 

Edited by Diskence, 15 October 2018 - 06:38 PM.

#187 lorenz1375

lorenz1375

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3554 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Fate/Grand Order NA

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:29 PM

Oridecon, elunium, starsand decreased quite a lot during the raffler event

#188 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:31 PM

But why would they be out if both of them are in? Not that many people are actually gonna spend money to buy foods in the game. Afaik I'm one of the only few people who actually uses KP to just buy all my buffs. 

ShinobiEx used to do a massive amount of supply and demand for foods. They introduced +20 foods to the cash shop, I think it was from lucky or groove boxes.

He couldn't compete with the cost of getting his own supplies, time of brewing etc to a crowd of undercutters selling their foods from cash shop.

He quit and ain't coming back. We had a slow increase of food suppliers since they had not been re-introduced in addition to the investment update, but the damage was still done.

Tldr, Ash is right on this because it already happened.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 15 October 2018 - 06:32 PM.

#189 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:32 PM

He also massively overpriced all of his foods and was practically the only vender at that time. 

In the end, you guys are defending the brewers. I'm defending people who just wants to log on do WoE and peace out. I don't want to have to depend on someone else to get my foods, if there is a way for me to just obtain it via cash shop that's better for me. Not to mention I'm not saying no to putting them in game as well. So I don't see why people can't just both take a step back and put them both in. 

Edited by Diskence, 15 October 2018 - 06:37 PM.

#190 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

I'm not defending brewers, i just don't want to yet another aspect of the game becomes entirely dependant on cash shop.

#191 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:42 PM

He also massively overpriced all of his foods and was practically the only vender at that time. 

Yeah, he saw a hole in the market and took control of it. When things require effort, the control is in the hands of the sellers.

Things often push in this server because of laziness. People buying expensive coags because they don't wanna spend 4 days for 1 in 6 shot at their item, or spending MORE because they wanna skip that altogether, or spending MORE because they don't wanna refine.

I am not saying make it exclusive to brewers, I am saying that it shouldn't be purely via cash shop, maybe a buff NPC that gives +20 to each stat for 2 hours at the cost of currency we can grind (a buff that is only applicable to WoE realm).

Edited by Nirvanna21, 15 October 2018 - 06:42 PM.

#192 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:42 PM

But if the ingame way is really good and gives a large quantity, why would people want to spend KP instead of just buying it with zeny, supposedly it will decrease a lot in price. If you are confident in your method and the decrease in price by a large amount, there is no reason to feel like it will depend on cash shop. If your way is good I would spend zeny too instead of just KPing. 

#193 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

If the ingame method is really good, you don't need the cash shop one :T

#194 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, he saw a hole in the market and took control of it. When things require effort, the control is in the hands of the sellers.

Things often push in this server because of laziness. People buying expensive coags because they don't wanna spend 4 days for 1 in 6 shot at their item, or spending MORE because they wanna skip that altogether, or spending MORE because they don't wanna refine.

I am not saying make it exclusive to brewers, I am saying that it shouldn't be purely via cash shop, maybe a buff NPC that gives +20 to each stat for 2 hours at the cost of currency we can grind (a buff that is only applicable to WoE realm).

Then you can't blame the GMs for putting it in cash shop. They took control cause obviously people complained. 

I've never once said it should be purely via cash shop. 

#195 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:45 PM

If the ingame method is really good, you don't need the cash shop one :T

Then put both in? ?_? What are you even arguing with me about and why are you so scared for them to put it in cash shop? If the method is as good as you say there is no reason to disagree with putting them in cash shop as well because no one will buy the KP one. 

#196 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:52 PM

By principle. I want everything that is ingame related to stay ingame, and not a feature added to the cash shop. The game relies too heavily on it already and we don't need to push it further. I'd rather see the system completely dead and abandoned than see it shoved in the shop.

Edited by Ashuckel, 15 October 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#197 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:57 PM

Then you can't blame the GMs for putting it in cash shop. They took control cause obviously people complained. 

I've never once said it should be purely via cash shop. 

And I never once assumed you meant purely via cash shop.

Like Ash, I have strong feelings about how this games cash shop already holds so much weight on the game. I don't like seeing more power given to it.

#198 tihom

tihom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:18 PM

ShinobiEx used to do a massive amount of supply and demand for foods. They introduced +20 foods to the cash shop, I think it was from lucky or groove boxes.

He couldn't compete with the cost of getting his own supplies, time of brewing etc to a crowd of undercutters selling their foods from cash shop.

He quit and ain't coming back. We had a slow increase of food suppliers since they had not been re-introduced in addition to the investment update, but the damage was still done.

Tldr, Ash is right on this because it already happened.

ShinobiEx, did not quit because of +20 foods from the cash shop, there weren't even used then. He quit because he was bored and the guild he was in had disbanded. 

In the end, you guys are defending the brewers. I'm defending people who just wants to log on do WoE and peace out. I don't want to have to depend on someone else to get my foods, if there is a way for me to just obtain it via cash shop that's better for me. Not to mention I'm not saying no to putting them in game as well. So I don't see why people can't just both take a step back and put them both in. 

If anything he reduced the price for the foods, sure it might be a lot more than if you brewed yourself. But he was by far the cheapest seller for foods then. 

And I never once assumed you meant purely via cash shop.

Like Ash, I have strong feelings about how this games cash shop already holds so much weight on the game. I don't like seeing more power given to it.

Honestly, they should not be cash shop item ever, but making them a reward for attending woe would be a good

idea. 

I also agree with @Diskence's point we should not limit the availability of consumables just because they cut into the profits for a select few people.  More people participating in woe would be far more beneficial to the server than just some brewers staying in business.  

Edited by tihom, 15 October 2018 - 07:22 PM.

#199 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:29 PM

People dont have to buy from brewers if they can farm +20 food for themselves. Make every monster in game has a chance to drop +20 foods. Thing is, I dont like how it has to be Gen who can brew. I dislike how Cash shop doesnt have +20 Foods. Lastly I hate that some brews bot brew while some people dont because they're lazy.

#200 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 15 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

ShinobiEx, did not quit because of +20 foods from the cash shop, there weren't even used then. He quit because he was bored and the guild he was in had disbanded.

Yeah he was bored, but the foods played a big part in why he left as well, he was really annoyed at that -_-.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users