Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 27 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
723 replies to this topic

#651 Luchoxss

Luchoxss

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 November 2022 - 07:08 PM

Please implement new Pets, like MVP evolution pets.

More accesible OCP items.

Prices of everything today its crazy.

And most important, at least read the review we post in this forum.. i´ve seen very god ideas around.

Thanks.!

#652 maricarl

maricarl

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 15 posts
  • Locationphilippines
  • Server:chaos/thor

Posted 10 December 2022 - 02:27 PM

hmm on RO GGH.. there are no quest in first and 2nd job change when you go job50 on characters(normal characters).. or maybe adding an option to this one choosing if you continue with quest or just change the job.. giving a player an option to do the qwuest or not, preserving the natural way of change job.

user interface please update..

AI mercenaries not respondin to auto attack monsters..

4rth job??

mobile platform to access the game...??(see flyff universe for reference where playablenjust using chrome and safari)...

Edited by maricarl, 10 December 2022 - 02:30 PM.

#653 Tajixxx

Tajixxx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 01:51 PM

Hello,
I have compiled a list of hopeful improvements.  

• 1 billion coins to trade for crazy expensive gear
  • 999,999,999 damage cap is too small please use 1k or 1m damage after cap
  • Open the other illusion dungeons like Luanda and Labyrinth 
  • include bounty boards for current illusion dungeons
  • permanent use to more storages
  • Include Workout Gym to include holding more items to up to 200 instead of 100
  • Eden marketplace?
  • daily log rewards?

Best,

REDO

#654 waawaaman0

waawaaman0

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2023 - 12:54 PM

Hello! 

In response to this

"We've heard a few requests, and we're trying to pump out some content so while this week has our costumes, and we typically flip between hardware and update maintenance, next week will be another update featuring a new Kachua update, and a new OCP box. What's in them you ask? Dunno, but we are trying to see what people have been asking for certain sets, and maybe one of them that seems to appear all the time in comments will show up. - Cordite"

I think we should have more gears towards Warlock Comet builds, Sorcerer Diamond Dust builds, and Minstrel Severe Rainstorm damage/cooldown. These builds lack key items unless you have OP gear like +10 Almighty shadows.

I hope someone sees this before next patch!

#655 Adrecal

Adrecal

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2023 - 06:08 PM

Hi!

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but which of the Booster Weapons can a Super Novice use? Just turned level 100, got the attacker booster set, but none of the weapons has a option for the class.

#656 StarLiving

StarLiving

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 11:22 AM

I started playing 2 weeks ago; 3rd march 2023 to be exact. I see many nice good headgear, but when I ask those players who were wearing it. All answers I got is "400million zeny", "2billion zeny". Which (in my perspective) meaning to me that it is unaffordable for new players, then I search online. They are cash shop item calling OCP something. I was wondering myself "do I need to farm zeny for a year or two just to get a cute headgear which old players got by buying in cash shop years ago!?"

As for me, I feel that this is kind of discouraging for new players. I didn't plan to play all the way to level 200 4th job. It feels way tooooooo far for me to reach that point. I just want wearing some nice headgear help leveling and costume (swapping custumes and headgears from time to time) while I leveling my character slowly.
But, reality says to me that I need to either rush leveling to some point in-game where I can start routine zeny farming or spend thousands of dollars to buy what offers in kafra shop today (which I don't need) sell off just to get zeny and buy those old headgears and costumes just for fun.

After I sit down and think for a while, my conclusion comes into 2 options
1st - I can just play and don't spend a single dime on this game. Once I bore, I can just quit easy with no regret (no money spent except time)
2nd - Just quit this game. There are plenty of games out there flooding game market. There is no reason to try hard on this game to catch up with old players 10 years ago even worst with costumes taking into consideration.

I don't mind spending some money on games. Since I did spend money to buy offline games, it is only fair to spend some on online games too especially F2P games.

If this game demands these much, I could spend the same amount of money to buy ps6 and Final Fantasy 16 and having fun. I have choices.

It would be nice if all cash shop items are available. I don't mind spending some money on online games before I quit because I think that I pay a fair price to play your game.

#657 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 21 March 2023 - 10:10 AM

*Deep Breath* 

The main reason why people play mmos is for the multiplayer aspect everyting else comes second. Now to understand the future and even present state of mmos we must first understand it's past. In Normal RPGs lets say you start the game off with a basic sword and shield and at level one to progress in the game you MUST grind in one way or another there is no game where you start off basic and end up beating the last boss it just doesn't exist. Now when talk about grinding there is a correct way to do this and I know what you must be saying "Everyone knows how to grind" but apparently people don't. 

Main objectives:

1). Levels

2). Money/Materials 

3). Equipment/Other Enhancements

When you start putting Equipements first as your main priority you start to lose sight of what's most important which is the tiny steps you take to get those high end gears. (grinding levels, obtaining money/materials)

Now fast forwarding to MMOs in this case you have people to USE to help you obtain these steps. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point in playing a Massively Multiplayer Game now you can bypass this by spending money.

Yes you heard me right by spending money in the game you are actually taking away the MAIN experience in playing a MMO which is playing with other people. By using real money to buy Equipment you therefore skip the first two steps and the fun in mmos. Even now in game you see people looking for parties but are only looking for SOLO players which contradicts the reasoning for parties.   :dotdotdot:

And I'm not here to say one is right and one is wrong I'm saying there is a structure and it's up to the player to decide if they want to follow that structure or.......It's up to you.  :gawi:  

I could of made this reasoning much longer and annoying but my head hurts. lol  :ani_bo:

Edited by freddym, 21 March 2023 - 01:20 PM.

#658 evrensu

evrensu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 May 2023 - 03:33 PM

I think one of the biggest improvements would be to increase vending item limit from 12 to 20. I have no doubt that it's possible, but I don't know why they stuck us with this limitation. Another one is the max level aura, I've never seen such a terrible aura. Why not make it the same aura as level 99; but only change it's colour?

#659 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 12 May 2023 - 05:48 PM

I would LOVE to return to the game, but after learning about the changes to reflected damage due to people afk leveling in instanced dungeons, it made it impossible for me to want to return.  All they had to do was change the specific problem items themselves, not the entire mechanic that ruined complete builds for solo leveling.  Or put a check in for player input inactivity  I joined this game around a year after the original nerf to Reflect damage, and by the time the 3 servers had merged into Chaos, I was one of the literal hand-full of RG's with a reflect build, that had managed to make a viable one even with the limitations of the HP to reflected damage scaling.

And the amount of pay to be powerful + instance cooldown timers is something that needs to disappear.  Let us farm in the instances.  Just reduce the drop rates for things down to like, 10-15% while the instance is on "cooldown" for daily/weekly stuff.  

Give us ways to get the overpriced gacha stuff via in game means.  I have no issue with having to grind farm stuff, and I'm pretty certain that if the game became less pay to play better, then you'd get a lot of the population back. 

I played this game for 8 years before giving it up. due to these issues.  This far into the game's lifetime, we should be able to have ways to achieve VIP for free in game via in game means, even if it's only like a 1 week per month allowance of free VIP, I think the player base would be happy, and more inclined to spend a little here and there for longer durations of it.  

This was by far the best MMO game I had ever played, and I want to return to it, but until some serious changes are made, I'm afraid I can't, nor can I let others know to join up to play it, because I fear that their experience would be sullied by the issues above. 

#660 6010140101182209200

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 08:06 AM

If you make it run on Linux with Wine or other similar software it would be great. I love this game, but it sucks to have to restart my PC every time I want to play it.

#661 Mezop

Mezop

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 May 2023 - 11:24 AM

Can Alchemist's skill Summon Flora be changed so that they have better accuracy and damage.

Since these plants are the same level and stats as their monster counterpart, they become useless at high levels.

Either give them better accuracy or have the Alchemist's stats affect the plant.

Seriously, it's just disappointing that so many classes have interesting/unique skills that are becoming worthless.

I believe skills that require consumable items should do better damage or effects than skills that don't.

#662 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 01 June 2023 - 10:06 AM

Just close this thread...it's not like any of this is going to be done. The few items that can be considered "done" were already implemented in previous updates so it's not a customization. If I'm wrong in my assertion (I've read a LOT of this thread), CM/VM please append a list of items you actually ACTED on and implemented from this thread in the many years it's been wasting people's time.

#663 Ringoball

Ringoball

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2023 - 12:24 PM

Another server WITHOUT cash items, and dont be a temp server or future fusion in Chaos, if the server need to pay to play, like mothly payment its ok, coz its free of a lot of OP items or some items only dropped in hard modes. The cash shops only have cosmetics, and noany cosmetic can give ASPD or another thing like that.

Make the game like a true RPG and not another cash games.

#664 macdaddy1

macdaddy1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 01:05 AM

IMPROVING IRO UPDATE BOXTER ALREADY PLEASE

#665 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 08 June 2023 - 04:14 AM

IMPROVING IRO UPDATE BOXTER ALREADY PLEASE

Haha, this is never going to happen. They added the OCP token because they don't plan to have reboxing anymore. That would allow you to double dip. OCP token was a direct nerf to future OCP's and reboxing. They aren't going back to reboxing bro.

However, here is some low hanging fruit for the iRO staff.

Update this bold red text regarding buying VIP on your Power UP page. It seriously griefed me when returning, scratching my head trying to find the VIP option to spend my WP Energy on that's no longer there.

2023-06-08-08-58-17-Warp-Portal.jpg

#666 macdaddy1

macdaddy1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 June 2023 - 04:57 AM

well thats a stupid choice for WP.   They should reimplement Grandma Boxter to take OCP 2022-present. 

still rng rerolling items and need 2 for 1 . 

Kinda pointless to buy ocp then with the junks cant do nothing with oh wait i can buy more ocp yay and have more useless junks taken up storage.

#667 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2023 - 10:20 PM

Make the "Red Pepper" MVP fight not so damn ridiculous the health pool is literally wrist breaking.

#668 ElXta1

ElXta1

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 11:35 AM

Elven arrows nowhere to be found. Mora's NPC doesn't sell them anymore. I can't keep playing...

#669 Tribe

Tribe

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 728 posts
  • Server:Freya

Posted 20 June 2023 - 12:47 PM

Remove variance! it's a pointless waste of life.

#670 Rezar

Rezar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 June 2023 - 01:49 PM

Elven arrows nowhere to be found. Mora's NPC doesn't sell them anymore. I can't keep playing...

Quivering Merchant. 2nd floor eden. 

#671 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 25 June 2023 - 09:48 PM

PROBLEM:

The easy-to-tell-other-people official URL is "Playragnarok.com" or "www.playragnarok.com".   However, these two URLs default to both a discontinued game "Transcendence" AND displays the enthusiam-killing message that the game is discontinued.  No one wants to go try a game that has an aura of discontinued around it.  This is bad public relations to associate to new visitors messages like "discontinued" and they will turn away and quit without going any further.  It's still unfortunate that many would-be gamers out there still don't know about the existence of the official Ragnarok Online.  I try to tell them about it, but in one example, someone told me that the URL I gave them to visit Ragnarok Online IRO was incorrect. 

SUGGESTION:

So please update the main Ragnarok Online website to default point to Renewal instead of the obsolete Transcendence (discontinued) game.   Move all the Transcendence info to its own section away from the homepage.  Otherwise, you keep on discouraging new people to start just as I experienced when someone told me that the playragnarok.com URL I told them to visit was to the closed Ragnarok Online game.  I told them RO was not closed as I had been in the game, but new people simply don't know to type renewal.playragnarok.com instead of the default homepage. 

#672 4886171129045242170

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2023 - 05:48 AM

Hello can we have new pets :))))) thank you!

#673 activista

activista

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSt. Capitolina Abbey
  • Server:Ghost

Posted 25 July 2023 - 05:26 AM

illusion of luanda and labyrinth

#674 9598210620111257163

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 August 2023 - 10:50 PM

If they merge server I’ll leave iRO

#675 Thinkpad2021

Thinkpad2021

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2023 - 05:22 PM

Hi,

Make some OCP items obtainable through quests. The items created will be account bound version.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by Thinkpad2021, 05 September 2023 - 11:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users