Improving Ragnarok Online - Page 26 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 7 votes

Improving Ragnarok Online

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#626 zx56vb

zx56vb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 June 2022 - 06:45 AM

Right now OCP basically killed all the gears in game.

I am not saying this is bad at all.

However all the OCP gears are based on JRO's formula(skill and status), their formula is more closing to 1.0, basically more STR will boost ur final damage. bonus atk=(str/10)^3/60

The combination of KRO formula and JRO geas created some OP classes(yea I am talking about GX)

And JRO daily/weekly dungeons are way more challenging based on these OCPs, thus the dungeon in IRO, which based on KRO is easy and boring because of these OCPs.

So I am thinking, it might be good to inport the dungeon set up from JRO into IRO, set it as sth like "challenging mode". 

And it might be a good choice that we use JRO formula in the future, since OCP gears already denominated our server. Personally I do prefer their status formula, close to 1.0, much more interesting.

#627 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 02 June 2022 - 07:47 AM

WoE reward improvement and revitalization ... when?

#628 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2022 - 07:02 PM

Please give us some more options for leveling from levels 150-175...right now their are 2 realistic options for grinding them out and its hell.  Either you mindlessly vaporize turtles for hours and hours, get 10-12 levels doing that and then from 160-175...OMFG could it be more boring go grind out clocks for days literally.  Hmmm come on are you telling me in all honesty that you cant increase any monsters, or add any new zones, or even just a 150-175 Gramps.  If you are arguing for world exploration I laugh what exploration the same 2 loops for turtles and the one big room for clocks LAWL.

As it stands the leveling in these levels feels unrewarding and not worth the effort, i usually stop leveling around 161 because its too much hassle, and the spotlights do not change frequently enough, its like you set it and forget it for months and months at a time.

Also i agree that this game is too much Pay to Win right now, their needs to be a way to grind out the OCP items people want without making it so time consuming as to require playing ragnarok as a full time job but not so easy to obtain that it makes the items worth nothing.  I am not saying let people get the items directly but at least offer a way for everyone to EARN THE BOXES.  The economy is so far out wack there is just no feasible way for new players and returning players to even step foot in this economy.  Anything of value is set in the Billions of Zeny, thats billions with a B omfg and the items we find sell for next to nothing, you can spend a full day grinding and picking up EVERYTHING which by the way takes along time, there needs to be a way to just loot the stuff around us, and all things being equal you would still only muster up 250k to maybe a 1m on a good day...when things cost 7-20Billion will that's a joke.

MVP Cards are dictating the victors from the losers in your laughably bad PvP...WoE is consumed and dominated by those who have to the point that there is what a handful of guilds that even bother to participate.  For most its a colossal waste of time and any new up and coming guilds cant even come close to competing for these castles.  Simple BAN the use of MVP Cards in WoE and it suddenly sucks a lot less.  There is only a small percentage of players that can even afford mvp cards at their astronomically stupid price.  Failing that if you don't want to ban them outright then make them more accessible for everyone not just the few Billionaires that have dominated your economy to such negative effect. 

#629 T1tanG3l

T1tanG3l

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 12:41 AM

Please give us some more options for leveling from levels 150-175...right now their are 2 realistic options for grinding them out and its hell. Either you mindlessly vaporize turtles for hours and hours, get 10-12 levels doing that and then from 160-175...OMFG could it be more boring go grind out clocks for days literally. Hmmm come on are you telling me in all honesty that you cant increase any monsters, or add any new zones, or even just a 150-175 Gramps. If you are arguing for world exploration I laugh what exploration the same 2 loops for turtles and the one big room for clocks LAWL.

As it stands the leveling in these levels feels unrewarding and not worth the effort, i usually stop leveling around 161 because its too much hassle, and the spotlights do not change frequently enough, its like you set it and forget it for months and months at a time.

Also i agree that this game is too much Pay to Win right now, their needs to be a way to grind out the OCP items people want without making it so time consuming as to require playing ragnarok as a full time job but not so easy to obtain that it makes the items worth nothing. I am not saying let people get the items directly but at least offer a way for everyone to EARN THE BOXES. The economy is so far out wack there is just no feasible way for new players and returning players to even step foot in this economy. Anything of value is set in the Billions of Zeny, thats billions with a B omfg and the items we find sell for next to nothing, you can spend a full day grinding and picking up EVERYTHING which by the way takes along time, there needs to be a way to just loot the stuff around us, and all things being equal you would still only muster up 250k to maybe a 1m on a good day...when things cost 7-20Billion will that's a joke.

MVP Cards are dictating the victors from the losers in your laughably bad PvP...WoE is consumed and dominated by those who have to the point that there is what a handful of guilds that even bother to participate. For most its a colossal waste of time and any new up and coming guilds cant even come close to competing for these castles. Simple BAN the use of MVP Cards in WoE and it suddenly sucks a lot less. There is only a small percentage of players that can even afford mvp cards at their astronomically stupid price. Failing that if you don't want to ban them outright then make them more accessible for everyone not just the few Billionaires that have dominated your economy to such negative effect.

so u don't want slow leveling and want 150-185 in 5 mins? That's just being lazy, not WP responsibility, we (other players) max out our char through hard work and yes in NCT before illusion turtle was even implemented and there were no home bound exp bonuses, special maps like Gramps are already being abuse alot by macros/ahk/bots, reason why there are little to none macro/bots in NCT and turtles is because of the map structure and how few the mobs are, they can't hit 100% every teleport so it's hard for them to sustain sp/hp leeches, adding another Gramps map 151-185 will only benefit lazy players using macros

Edited by T1tanG3l, 15 June 2022 - 03:39 AM.

#630 Darkxealot

Darkxealot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 11:00 PM

so u don't want slow leveling and want 150-185 in 5 mins? That's just being lazy, not WP responsibility, we (other players) max out our char through hard work and yes in NCT before illusion turtle was even implemented and there were no home bound exp bonuses, special maps like Gramps are already being abuse alot by macros/ahk/bots, reason why there are little to none macro/bots in NCT and turtles is because of the map structure and how few the mobs are, they can't hit 100% every teleport so it's hard for them to sustain sp/hp leeches, adding another Gramps map 151-185 will only benefit lazy players using macros

Dude OPTIONS i want more options...i said nothing about making it easier just less monotony, how does reducing the boredom of killing the same thing over and over make it easier...also the entire we leveled this way therefore everyone else should have to endure the same crap i did is a stupid statement.  Just because you did something doesn't make it right or even ideal for anyone else.  It is a archaic way of thinking, keep things the same just cause that is what i had to do.  This game is in MASSIVE DECLINE do you honestly belief that anyone cares to play by the KRO model anymore in north America the pay to win, grind till your eyes bleed model is bad for players, its crap like this that leads to games like Diablo Immortal ( which by the way is not being received well).  They are asking for ways to improve because they know the game is in a sharp decline.  Hell you don't even have see numbers to know this is true...the number of people playing as been in steady decline over the last 2 years, you would be lucky between bots, and the huge number of vendor players if their are even 500 active players right now.

But sure lets keep everything stale and change nothing.

#631 Netha

Netha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 June 2022 - 08:42 PM

people like titan exist inthis game for 15 years and they are the main reason this game is dying (and officials that listen to them). Apathy is death, and this forum, this community, the officials who run this server and who run the game in general in korea reek of apathy for over a decade now. Zero improvements in gameplay for years and years, often they make it worse (renewal overall was a massive fail thats continued for a decade now, see the gacha bullcrap game RO has become) and it won't improve, promise. 

#632 havocstopper

havocstopper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Server:Between Worlds

Posted 22 June 2022 - 02:04 PM

people like titan exist inthis game for 15 years and they are the main reason this game is dying (and officials that listen to them). Apathy is death, and this forum, this community, the officials who run this server and who run the game in general in korea reek of apathy for over a decade now. Zero improvements in gameplay for years and years, often they make it worse (renewal overall was a massive fail thats continued for a decade now, see the gacha bullcrap game RO has become) and it won't improve, promise. 

Building on this point...

We need much more transparency between players and management (I appreciate them, and all the effort they make to be a go-between for us, but forum mods don't count). Rather than force players to "read between the lines" in during the periodic silence, the problems the game has should be openly and pointedly addressed.

• Why hasn't the website been updated in YEARS? It still reflects dead servers, and misguides the few newcomers.
  • Why are official updates so slow? Is it iro's income or callousness?
  • Why can't we have a classic server in addition to a renewal one (and one solely with cosmetics and maybe a vip sub system?)

I asked some of these questions in the studio Q&A thread, and I hope they're addressed. I love RO so much, but the weird social games between players and those with the means to change things need to end. We've all shown you our hands, now please show yours.

#633 9330220511215602370

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2022 - 02:25 AM

Please give us some more options for leveling from levels 150-175...right now their are 2 realistic options for grinding them out and its hell.  Either you mindlessly vaporize turtles for hours and hours, get 10-12 levels doing that and then from 160-175...OMFG could it be more boring go grind out clocks for days literally.  Hmmm come on are you telling me in all honesty that you cant increase any monsters, or add any new zones, or even just a 150-175 Gramps.  If you are arguing for world exploration I laugh what exploration the same 2 loops for turtles and the one big room for clocks LAWL.

Also i agree that this game is too much Pay to Win right now, their needs to be a way to grind out the OCP items people want without making it so time consuming as to require playing ragnarok as a full time job but not so easy to obtain that it makes the items worth nothing.  I am not saying let people get the items directly but at least offer a way for everyone to EARN THE BOXES.  The economy is so far out wack there is just no feasible way for new players and returning players to even step foot in this economy.  Anything of value is set in the Billions of Zeny, thats billions with a B omfg and the items we find sell for next to nothing, you can spend a full day grinding and picking up EVERYTHING which by the way takes along time, there needs to be a way to just loot the stuff around us, and all things being equal you would still only muster up 250k to maybe a 1m on a good day...when things cost 7-20Billion will that's a joke.

MVP Cards are dictating the victors from the losers in your laughably bad PvP...WoE is consumed and dominated by those who have to the point that there is what a handful of guilds that even bother to participate.  For most its a colossal waste of time and any new up and coming guilds cant even come close to competing for these castles.  Simple BAN the use of MVP Cards in WoE and it suddenly sucks a lot less.  There is only a small percentage of players that can even afford mvp cards at their astronomically stupid price.  Failing that if you don't want to ban them outright then make them more accessible for everyone not just the few Billionaires that have dominated your economy to such negative effect. 

Basically this, though I don't mind grinding in NCT if I can 1 or 2 shot them. Just started around a month+ ago, if not for some peeps who gave me decent gear and few mils to level, I probably would not reach 15X, or dropped the game halfway. Did bought 5k KP and splurged on ocp37 with no return at all, but I should've already known. Tried some 'weakest' mvp but green aura says 'nope' and got rekt hard and some other guy with shining armor killed it while I laid dead looking lol. And I really feel what you said "no feasible way for new players and returning players to even step foot in this economy.".

Unless of course I can always sell KP items for zeny, but how many 5k KPs do I need for even one gear? I could have lunch for nearly a month with that amount. I do not mind supporting the game I love but stuffs are gated behind a very low obtainable rate and behind no other means of getting them besides paying. I found out there's a pity system called yggdrasil ascension but they seemed to already removed it, why?

What you said is exactly what I feel after starting out totally new nearly months ago. I came back because of nostalgia but now upon reaching almost end game, I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by 9330220511215602370, 06 July 2022 - 02:26 AM.

#634 kornzerono3

kornzerono3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2022 - 05:30 PM

Please bring the others missing illusions dungeons Illusion of Teddy Bear Illusion of Luanda Illusion of Labyrinth Illusion of Underwater Illusion of Twins ,Infinite Space, New pets and Cute pets Evolution..etc Gloom,Kiel...

Thank you

#635 zeywei

zeywei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 22 July 2022 - 12:32 PM

USA residents ,
please report to FCT if you find out they selling false product description. 

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

#636 MoonJoo

MoonJoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 23 July 2022 - 09:51 AM

The game is becoming more of money gambling scheme. I hope there’s more other ways to get cash shop items in game.

#637 Battle94

Battle94

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 July 2022 - 09:03 AM

Could have a weekly quest where you finish some instances from easy to hard levels: for example you finish Sarah's Memmories, GH and Endless Tower, the counts will be bonded to account. The reward could be a OCP or a old equipment like a imperial ring, just to try help New players. This New players will request for a friend or a guild to try finish theses instances. We need something new and ressurect The server. The current events and situation on Chaos are so boring that I cant see me "investing" my money and my free time anymore.

#638 JackyLong

JackyLong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 07:56 PM

Need 1 gear combine with Faceworm Queen Card

#639 indeity

indeity

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2022 - 11:35 PM

These ideas are all meant to 

- Be simple and easy to implement

- Help new players > old players

- Function well together

- Spread players across the world

- Encourage new character creation

- Encourage players to take their time and enjoy early levels

1. more level based quest triggers. 

- The Eden group should be sending playing to different towns and areas for rewards.

- A Bounty board should always be associated. Just remind players that it's there.
- Let players teleport to that area from Eden if they accept the quest.

- If you don't accept the quest, you can't once you pass that level range.

- Associate hunting MVP's and instances with these quest.

2. remodeling of quest rewards - merit badges - costumes 
- All in game headgear should be convertible to a costume.

- All MVP's should have "in-game" costumes associated with them.

3. Weekly cool down odd jobs in every town for bullion / merit badges.

4. More items to buy with Merit badges.

5. Citizenship - Permanent per character

- Player can choose their town to be a citizen of

- Can reset instances of that town with reset stones once per day.
- Can use reset stones to increase Exp & Drop rates of that town. (only affected per player)

- More odd jobs available in that town

- Tax free merchant sales in that town

6. New global Pvp system - monthly based voting system based on citizenship.
- Players vote who their towns goes to war with.

- They can opt in or out at any time but they lose all the perks of being a citizen.

- PVP only active against they town voted on

- Only active in both town's field maps & dungeons

#640 RahmatFebriyanto

RahmatFebriyanto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 August 2022 - 01:09 AM

Give us more freedom of reasonable builds for all job like pre-renewal era

#641 youjeset

youjeset

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 06:46 AM

The first thing is letting player vote for what of the ideas should be prioritized: create an in-game voting system for VIPs (and this does not includes me ;u;) so paying community can decide what should comes next to keep them happy, i would like it!
The second thing, is to improve the shopping board system and Please, don't make me keep an entire account idle just for *try* to sell useful garbage. Like, i am trying to sell a Poison Bottle for 5 days and nothing... a can't even level my main while i am doing this. I know there is ways to do it, but why don't make it easier? Let's say you let every merchant to take a sells tiket from the shop board (this includes non VIP because is a huge game changing mechanic) this wuld be that bad?

It's my first time posting so hope is somewhat usefull.

#642 Jokerjester1

Jokerjester1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 04:33 PM

should have VIP Equipment Sets that are only good while VIP Is active.

#643 mranthony

mranthony

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:12 AM

Please make iRO client compatible to MAC OS  :unsure:

#644 simkunghae

simkunghae

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:37 AM

Daily log in rewards? Like player has to stay at least an hour or 2 in order to get some. kinda sad to see few people roaming maps/towns.

#645 AriannaGG2

AriannaGG2

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:10 AM

USA residents ,
please report to FCT if you find out they selling false product description. 

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/

seriously tho, they should be more mindful on what they put on their gambling boxes

#646 SurpriseMofo

SurpriseMofo

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 07:52 PM

Bots are everywhere, especially in new turtle dungeon

#647 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3542 posts

Posted 29 October 2022 - 07:57 PM

Bots are gone bruh. What you see are multiple alts macro MA then wing. You also see them mechas axe tornado greed at magma dungeon fam. Unbelievable lol

#648 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 31 October 2022 - 03:18 PM

IRO players are killing iRO and WP is enabling them. kRO is like im gtfo'ing out of this mess lol

#649 freddym

freddym

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • LocationCabo Rojo, Puerto Rico.

Posted 02 November 2022 - 06:13 AM

Bots are everywhere, especially in new turtle dungeon

What's the point if both bots and regular players do the exact same thing..."KS" "Loot" at least the bots don't know that they're doing it if you're a regular player and do the exact same thing as bots doesn't that just make you worse than bots....But what do we call people worse than bots? Dumb bots? IDK oh well. Good Game. :hmm:

e27a45e256d91114258c931551ab3414.jpg

#650 AngelCloud

AngelCloud

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 344 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Asia

Posted 06 November 2022 - 04:53 PM

new character selection when

0 user(s) are reading this topic