What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 9 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#201 CGeass

CGeass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 November 2019 - 11:49 PM

This is from a reputable source

Well you're not reputable, so I doubt you know someone who is.

#202 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:57 AM

I really do appreciate Nenecchi's content, but in regards to sources, when the topic is Transcendence, I'll wait for Campitor

#203 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:37 AM

What we know so far according to a source

- NO fever maps
- NO zero exclusive items
- NO skill changes
- NO zero instances
- NO zero mob mechanics

So it's just -_- re:start 2.0 holy -_- -_- pack everything up

at all or at the begining? Oh well, guess i can keep focus on real life goal then.

#204 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:34 AM

If that were true, that would answer WP's apparent hesitation to associate Zero with Transcended. Makes sense. But hope it isn't true.

#205 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:44 AM

WP gave me a great idea, I'll get my rock group, convince them to play 1 or 2 musics from Queen and make a banner "This is an improvement on Queen, with its own musics, artists and voices".

Successful career incoming !!

Edited by xSwain, 15 November 2019 - 03:44 AM.

#206 VimaDias

VimaDias

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:47 AM

WP gave me a great idea, I'll get my rock group, convince them to play 1 or 2 musics from Queen and make a banner "This is an improvement on Queen, with its own musics, artists and voices".

If Trancendence's Peco Peco is not a turkey I am a happy man ^^'

#207 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 November 2019 - 03:53 AM

lmao

#208 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 November 2019 - 04:09 AM

So let me get this straight.

Warpportal had meetings to see what custom changes they wanted to implement in this server for this western audience or whatever, but while having absolutely no information about the actual specifications of the server because the koreans don't give them the info?

Shouldn't they discuss these things after knowing exactly which kind of server they are going to open?

Not to mention, they said "it's an improvement on Zero" but they actually have no idea at all if it's gonna have Zero features?

This is a trainwreck.

#209 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:02 AM

- NO fever maps
- NO skill changes
- NO zero instances
- NO zero mob mechanics

Hmmm...

But did the source mention anything about whether this is how it's always going to be for the game?
Or maybe that's just how it's going to be on launch day?
Cause if there's still a possibilty of those said features coming at a later date, then wouldn't the target still be achieved?

If that crucial info is what's being held back then it's either your source or you yourself are just trying to play everyone else : P

#210 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:05 AM

In no mod voice.

With due respect, concerns are being over exaggerated with no reliable basis provided on what the server will actually offer. Not only here, but through other iRO fan social media. Getting underwhelmed and/or unsatisfied for no reason and ahead of time is nerve breaking and not healthy, mind you. There's no sufficient amount of official detail provided to start a negative rally like that, at least not yet. By all means, once the staff give us all what we need to know about the server, as well as trying the Beta release then it would make more sense to throw them such concerns at their way. How do you provide a reliable feedback before even trying the actual product?
I apologize if this comes as harsh and I mean to not offend anyone but I believe it had to be said with all the negativity being thrown in this thread. It is just darn too early.

#211 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:11 AM

It's like crying over spilled milk...
but before you even pour it out of its packaging haha

#212 hellokitty

hellokitty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:34 AM

It's hard to give the team the benefit of the doubt with all the disappointments they have continuely given the players for the past few years, so can you really blame us players for being pessimistic about the situation?i dont really care about the new server, (i do hope the players who will play will get to enjoy it though), but what I'm really angry about is the 2mos that was promised to improved the renewal server, now it's as if the hiatus period will be shared with the new server beta testing, can the team still promise that they'll be able to perform said upgrades on renewal now thay they need to work with a new server as well?give the players some concrete answers and they might stop with this negative rally that you guys are worried.

Edited by hellokitty, 15 November 2019 - 05:35 AM.

#213 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:45 AM

In no mod voice.
With due respect, concerns are being over exaggerated with no reliable basis provided on what the server will actually offer. Not only here, but through other iRO fan social media. Getting underwhelmed and/or unsatisfied for no reason and ahead of time is nerve breaking and not healthy, mind you. There's no sufficient amount of official detail provided to start a negative rally like that, at least not yet. By all means, once the staff give us all what we need to know about the server, as well as trying the Beta release then it would make more sense to throw them such concerns at their way. How do you provide a reliable feedback before even trying the actual product?
I apologize if this comes as harsh and I mean to not offend anyone but I believe it had to be said with all the negativity being thrown in this thread. It is just darn too early.

You are not getting it.

Yes, we don't have the info, but clearly WP doesn't either or they would have given us more details.

If this is the case, why do you guys say that this is a "refined version of Zero" if you don't even know if this will have even the most basic and core Zero features?
It just feels like we are being purposelly misled and it's hard to trust WP like this.

#214 Persever

Persever

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:48 AM

-Fevor maps

-Memorial dungeons(lv30 and lv 60)

-equipments with random option(every mob)

-new quests that gives equipment and consumablepotions(food like)

-every skill in the game is improved/better(first and second class)

I belive this is the core of zero but it has much mores updates... I could find every single patch krozero had. It is a lot of information. Warpportal has to give detailed information for every bit of change.

#215 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:51 AM

Well if you don't to believe my source then it's fine but do note that Campitor already confirmed that there will be no skill changes for transcendence.

The big selling points for kRO zero were the second job skill changes and the zero exclusive items that are built around those skill changes. A lot of these items / equipments are obtainable from "fever fields" and kRO zero memorial instances.

So if there are no skill changes for transcendence, it's more likely that kRO zero exclusive items won't exist.

The other thing my source said was, the kRO "studio" never wanted "a version of zero" to be released internationally or at least in the west

-----------

So my opinion for this server will be Re:start++ with some UI changes and is close to Taiwan RO's own version of restart

Edited by VModCinnamon, 15 November 2019 - 06:05 AM.
Mod Edit: One more edit and actions will be taken.

#216 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 November 2019 - 05:55 AM

hype dying by the second

#217 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:00 AM

With due respect, concerns are being over exaggerated with no reliable basis provided on what the server will actually offer.

It's hard to give the team the benefit of the doubt with all the disappointments they have continuely given the players for the past few years

Classic Server - Closed

Re:Start - Closed

Server announcement, people hyped about the possibility to be Ragnarok Zero with features as cosmetic-only cash shop, no 3rd class, classic mechanic combined with the best of renewal mechanic

Ragnarok Zero vídeo teaser

Pre-register bug

Post announcement saying that its a refined RO Zero without any concrete change

Is not hard to WP notice that we have players who prefer pre-renewal and the ones that stand with renewal features. Ragnarok Zero is a merge of classic mechanic and renewal features. So an "improvement to RO Zero" can tend to classic or to renewal side.

Without any information, both players will be pissed. This is not negativity for an server before its release, its just a negativity for not trust WP and have the hype killed by lack of simple information.

Tell me what made this announcement different or more trustable from failed servers announcements ?

Edited by xSwain, 15 November 2019 - 06:05 AM.

#218 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:03 AM

Hmmm...

But did the source mention anything about whether this is how it's always going to be for the game?
Or maybe that's just how it's going to be on launch day?
Cause if there's still a possibilty of those said features coming at a later date, then wouldn't the target still be achieved?

If that crucial info is what's being held back then it's either your source or you yourself are just trying to play everyone else : P

If you read my previous posts in this thread I asked Campitor if Transcendence would follow kRO zero's progressive updates from max level 99/50 towards max level 120/70 with rebirth jobs.

#219 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:07 AM

Mod Note:

If a post was staff/mod edited, please, do not attempt to edit it again to remove the edit as that action will result in account post restriction/warnings.

Thank you.

#220 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:10 AM

My bad on that, just wanted to highlight that there will be no skill changes for transcendence

#221 Hurancank

Hurancank

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:10 AM

In no mod voice.

There are two points i strongly disagree. With all due respect not healthy is being hyped and then getting strongly let down by a product they wanted us to belive would be something quite diferent from what it is.

I also think that our response when they open beta will be already too late and they wont invest the money to change it at that time.

On another subject i am amazed on how weak WP is in negotiations with Gravity. Lately other games vompany have been falling to its knees for eastern companies (lookinh at you, icerain company). So it seems we should welcome our new eastern overlords

#222 Arkghyom

Arkghyom

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:25 AM

Well if you don't to believe my source then it's fine but do note that Campitor already confirmed that there will be no skill changes for transcendence.

The big selling points for kRO zero were the second job skill changes and the zero exclusive items that are built around those skill changes. A lot of these items / equipments are obtainable from "fever fields" and kRO zero memorial instances.

So if there are no skill changes for transcendence, it's more likely that kRO zero exclusive items won't exist.

-----------

So my opinion for this server will be Re:start++ with some UI changes and is close to Taiwan RO's own version of restart

Probably trying to compete with WoW Classic at this point because they figured out destroying Re:Start was a mistake after how successfully Blizzard took the idea without any shame — [/size]and they're still up and running!

Edited by Campitor, 15 November 2019 - 06:52 AM.

#223 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:28 AM

I guess that WP don't tell you the game version directly because Gravity did the mistake before when Innova took over EURO licence from Whybe and they decided to not transfer data and open revo classic server.
So they just received the overwhelmingly negative feedback from players. lol

#224 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 06:58 AM

I'm really afraid that they'll fix the pre-register with the same efficiency that they removed the closed Classic server banner from official website.

Edited by xSwain, 15 November 2019 - 06:58 AM.

#225 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 07:00 AM

- NO fever maps
- NO skill changes
- NO zero instances
- NO zero mob mechanics

The other thing my source said was, the kRO "studio" never wanted "a version of zero" to be released internationally or at least in the west
-----------

It is my understanding that most if not all of this content was not on Zero when it launched? However it seems to me that the vast majority of player feedback for the new server is, that players want these things specifically which means we have to push hard for them to come. What I will do is talk to my local director and we will build a strategy for trying to accelerate what we can from this list.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users