What is Ragnarok: Transcendence? - Page 11 - Good Mornings Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What is Ragnarok: Transcendence?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
920 replies to this topic

#251 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:32 AM

Probably trying to compete with WoW Classic at this point because they figured out destroying Re:Start was a mistake after how successfully Blizzard took the idea without any shame — [/size]and they're still up and running!

Warpportal has never released a Classic RO server (pre kafra shop iRO) and most likely never will. Although it would be awesome and I'm sure it could be very popular if released correctly. 

What made RO great no longer exists in current iterations of RO. 

Edited by senpa1, 15 November 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#252 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:42 AM

Some are probably overthinking this but maybe the reason why wp can't rerelease an exact copy of kRO's Zero is also the same reason why jRO is different compared to kRO, or bRO compared to iRO.

i.e "dun wanna share intellectual property, go make ur own" and "catered to different audience"

But yeah let's go straight to angry mob instead of considering multiple perspectives

#253 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts
  • Server:Breidablik/묘르닐

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

Some are probably overthinking this but maybe the reason why wp can't rerelease an exact copy of kRO's Zero is also the same reason why jRO is different compared to kRO, or bRO compared to iRO.

i.e "dun wanna share intellectual property, go make ur own" and "catered to different audience"

But yeah let's go straight to angry mob instead of considering multiple perspectives

I don’t think you even know how warpportal operates.

#254 ninJedi

ninJedi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationPH: I don't wanna disconnect, Mr.Smart
  • Server:Thor

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

Better than spreading hate atleast

#255 Narue44

Narue44

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:45 AM

lol

clueless

#256 Erlak

Erlak

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:53 AM

I like to see people who say they know everything using new accounts with just over 1 month of creation, always makes me wonder what she might be hiding.

#257 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:54 AM

Better than spreading hate atleast

I’m spreading important information for players who could think for themselves, not for people who believe PR and marketing speak all of the time.

I’d like to be wrong though. I’ve been an advocate for a non-korean zero server for a long time now. But for now, as it stands, Transcendence is just Re:start++

#258 GenkakuBR

GenkakuBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:10 AM

If you launch a new server, why don't you launch with RO:Zero features plus WP changes?

We are in 2019 and they want to push a server behind in content to update gradually?

The same mistakes over and over again

Edited by GenkakuBR, 15 November 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#259 JonahElbert

JonahElbert

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:24 AM

Well at least WP should implement (1) lower loot selling prices, and conversely, (2) more expensive NPC consumables/items. This kRO:Zero feature is awesome since it induces more game-engagement (read: walk more often) to say the least. 

#260 Bobflob

Bobflob

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 09:25 AM

Long time lurker here...

My concern is when both iRO, and RT are up n running at the same time the player base will either split, or migrate to the "superior version".

On a side note.. Thanks for Jakk Hammer... Got my very first Lv. 4 weapon to +9 because of this event :)

#261 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 15 November 2019 - 10:17 AM

Will we have the same exp tables? Either the anti cheat works all the way to prevent bots/duping or there's no point. With the anti cheat working, the server can be healthy. We can have piece of mind for the next time we log on to complain about a lack of updates, to know that at least the server's economy isn't being destroyed. My top concern is to prevent bots/duping with the anti cheat.

#262 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:08 AM

Does it really matter if it is RO Zero or not? It can be a good or bad game depending on how WP runs it, which we will only find out later.

This is the best take of the thread.

They don't even have a working build yet. When there's more information and we know exactly what WP will be able to request or change you can judge for yourself. There is nothing wrong with saying "hey I really liked this feature can we look into implementing it?" though.

The whole thing seems like a PR nightmare, which is par for the course with a Gravity announcement.

Campitor, do you have any idea on a timeline? Do you expect this server to be in testing (internally or publicly) before the Renewal servers open back up?

#263 Darkshneider

Darkshneider

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:23 AM

Maybe ya guys should calm down some and wait for the actual info to come out instead of mobbing like lunatics with pitchforks.If when the actual beta comes out it isnt what you like then we can do contructive feedback from that.Cause right now this negative panic is ridiculous cause you guys are basing it on almost no information.most of it is on ya'alls head.Wait and see then you can grab your pitchforks if you hate it so much

#264 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Server:Quit

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:28 AM

If they don't do updates at decent intervals quit. Start making them accountable.

#265 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

Well that all leaves me with two questions then.

1) If you hadn't planned on implementing the Zero features from the start, I presume you did have significant content changes of your own planned (hence "special dungeons with unique equipment" in the OP). When will we learn any actual information on those changes? Are we going to get a small preview every week? Are we going to have it all dumped on us on release? Or are we going to be left in the dark forever assuming this content exists when it's actually perpetually locked in a "maybe someday" state?

2) How much creative control does iRO actually have on this server? And I don't mean from a design standpoint, but from an implementation one. Are we still relying on Korea to do everything for us? Because if you weren't/aren't planning on following Zero progression, and Korea isn't willing to give you regular updates, that doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence that this brand new type of server will actually be all that different. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that it's not going to be a Zero server - especially after that announcement trailer *expression of extreme judgement here* -  but the idea of a new server is still appealing, IF it's going to be something other than "renewal but less content." The ability for them to not screw up everything with lootbox gear and a broken cash shop is good. The chance to have a server with an actually reasonably strong anti-cheat system is promising. The idea of new dungeons and unique gear dropping from them (wait, isn't this basically fever fields from Zero?) is something I'm legitimately interested in.

But right now, the only concrete change we know about is UI improvements and elemental weapons dropping from monsters. While I don't expect them to drop all the information for all the changes on us immediately, it would be nice to at least know when we can expect some real information.

Edited by TwilightsCall, 15 November 2019 - 11:30 AM.

#266 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:36 AM

If you launch a new server, why don't you launch with RO:Zero features plus WP changes?
We are in 2019 and they want to push a server behind in content to update gradually?
The same mistakes over and over again

This. Really kills the hype knowing we won't be near the current or recent zero anytime soon since they have a love for keeping international so far behind.

#267 nyyaan

nyyaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1251 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 11:43 AM

Re:Start 2.0 here we come. This time, make it P2P and no bull-_- OCPs. Keep it nice and steady free of bots and noobs in PvM and cheaters in WoE. Bring all updates ok. Then, we're gucci  :rice:

#268 Ahrounwarrior

Ahrounwarrior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

For sure the first and second class job skill changes will come eventually. kRO has said that it is possible for export both for RO and RT since it has been introduced to kRO. The other stuff should all be possible but it needs to be discussed first with the studio and planned out.

If i didn't misunderstand, to bring the other stuff (lvl 185, Transcendent  and 3th class updates, Star Emperor and Soul Reaper), first, you will need to discuss with the studio and plan out.

So, are there any spark of possibility that we can have another major update in 2020?

Edited by Ahrounwarrior, 15 November 2019 - 12:13 PM.

#269 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 15 November 2019 - 12:16 PM

Addendum : There are 10 reworked cards that newly created (not change the existing ones since they are different ID) and replaced the old ones.
So staff should check this before being derailed from Zero path that many people expect. :)

Edited by Sigma1, 15 November 2019 - 12:20 PM.

#270 grdt93

grdt93

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:02 PM

This guy Nenecchi knows everything. Gravity should invite him to work.
Or maybe he is god who knows

#271 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:26 PM

It doesn't take a genius to read what campitor posted and come to the conclusion it won't have most of if any of the things that make Ragnarok zero attractive on release

#272 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Read the whole thread — specially the last responses from Campitor. He said he has yet to "forward our feedback to his director", so that they can try and give us any Zero exclusive content.
If you can't deduce, from that, that they didn't intend RT to have Zero mechanics/rebalance/etc at all, but only for it to be another customized renewal-but-with-less-content server (therefore the "RE:Start 2.0" talk), then tell me what you can deduce from this all.

#273 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 15 November 2019 - 01:54 PM

They better tell us if this is going to follow RO:Zero or not, because people are just going to go to pservers and not come back.

#274 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

They better tell us if this is going to follow RO:Zero or not, because people are just going to go to pservers and not come back.

Don't say that, on official servers you have updated content since the developers can talk with Gravity.

"Hey, why is someone screaming 'no changes planned and episodes coming years later ?'"

On official you also have more security, your account won't be deleted and you won't lose all your stuff.

"Oh wait, am I hearing iRO Classic somewhere ?"

Edited by xSwain, 15 November 2019 - 02:12 PM.

#275 Nenecchi

Nenecchi

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 98 posts

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:23 PM

I’ve played and followed kRO zero for a long time now. I’m willing to give out information about the player side of things (for free) to players and even WP staff. Just ask!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users