Ragnarok Transcendence Closed Beta Test - 12/16! - Page 20 - Ragnarok Transcendence Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragnarok Transcendence Closed Beta Test - 12/16!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
521 replies to this topic

#476 supeprboss18

supeprboss18

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:40 PM

MVP's are so stupidly overpowered it's pointless to even fight them. You get one shotted before you can even land a hit. Knights and mental strength monks are the only ones who can survive up close but you can't kill for -_- and these MVP's still have the same crappy drop rates like they use to.

#477 macieskiga

macieskiga

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 06:38 PM

Hello, could someone please enlighten me about what is going to happen with the ragnarok Chaos server, and my character that I used to play there?

Thank You.

#478 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:33 PM

Hello, could someone please enlighten me about what is going to happen with the ragnarok Chaos server, and my character that I used to play there?

Thank You.

all your data will be back in march xd

#479 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:34 PM

Thank You.

chaos is in break hiatus until february, your char is still there. RT is new a game and currently in closed beta stages for testing features as its purposed.

#480 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 21 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

I wouldnt call challenging mvps a bad thing. If they force you to party up instead of be a 1 player oneshot monster it is for the better

#481 Paprikaa

Paprikaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:19 PM

How hard are mvp magic skills hitting? I remember drake hitting an unequipped character for 10k+ per hit with WB on renewal, meteor storm (DL, amon ra, etc) doing around the same damage. Then in Zero drake hits you for 800~ per hit, meteor storm also does significantly less damage.
Did anyone test this? Is the damage closer to renewal levels or zero levels?

#482 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:36 PM

some things being challening is good.

90% of the game killing you in 3 autoattacks while leveling or 1shotting with any skill is not.

mvps are tuned similarly, most of their elemental attack/ magic skill used on chase will deal at least 15k ish raw damage. It's good to make them dangeours, not good to make 'em dangeours to the point you cannot fight back unless you are using a specific class.

#483 aTID2

aTID2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1715 posts
  • LocationLocation
  • Server:Server

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:55 PM

Skills damage is high because they put Magic attack like Classic does (like Revo do)

so it normal to see any mob can one shot you

Example Kasa in Thor volcano
Renewal Magic attack around 400-600 damage so with fireball lv44 = 600*5.1 = around 3k dmg (fine tune for lv 90+ leveling)

Now in revo they using Classic damage so Monster not have Magic attack and using Max attack instead so Fireball now deal 3500*5.1 = around 15k dmg  :heh:  (Good luck tanking that)

#484 Sigma1

Sigma1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2435 posts
  • Server:TRO

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

There are 2 variables related to monster dmg.
Atk1 and Atk2
On classic. Atk1 is minimum physical dmg while Atk2 is maximum physical dmg.
Magical dmg is calculated from int like pre-renewal formula.

When the game changed to renewal. The function of Atk1 and Atk2 were changed.
Atk1 = physical dmg
Atk2 = magical dmg
(There are the formula to calculate to min~max dmg but nvm)
All monsters' Atk1 and Atk2 have been adjusted to renewal mechanism.

In Revo classic. The game reversed the value of Atk1 and Atk2 back to the same value as pre-renewal. But the way to calculate dmg is renewal.
That means monsters' magic attack use value of maximum physical dmg on pre-renewal.
That is why monsters' magic attack is revo classic is extremely high.

Not sure if RT also follow this mechanism as well.

#485 100001137477576

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:29 AM

I would like to ask you guys, what do you think of the DROP penalties on Ragnarok? 

RO is a grinding game and not necessarily stronger monsters means better reward. A good example is Myst cases compared to Geographer, where the first one is really profitable despite its low level and Geographer barely gives you any profit despite being stronger and higher level. Please note that I am considering a scenario where you have exp/drop penalties in both monsters. I am aware that Geographer gives more exp/h

"It is good because it prevents high level characters to stay on lower level areas killing all monsters"

I have read it a few weeks ago on this forum and I gave a thought about it. Here is what I concluded:

NOT REALLY TRUE:

- Since most respawns are instant, quick killing a monster is way more beneficial than having a couple of low levels taking their time to kill monsters. 

- Monsters well distributed around the map

- Although high level people tend to MOB multiple enemies to kill in one strike, mobbing is also done by low level parties and solo players, and sometimes things go wrong, so you will have a particular area of the map completely unusable for a few minutes because you wont be able to kill it all.

- High level characters will still hunt profitable monsters regardless of the drop penalties since they die faster, they can be mobbed and he will use less resources such as food, potions and such..

For last, and a bit subjective: The VIP system

The server will feature the VIP system which, apart from other benefits, will give you increased exp and drop rate. Although that is completely fine since it is better to have this system than game breaking ROPs overflowing the market, some f2p players might feel discouraged to play the server because of how much penalties they have (level penalties + non-vip penalties).  

These are a few points that I think whenever DROP penalties comes to my mind. I would like to read what you think about it too.

Edited by 100001137477576, 22 December 2019 - 12:30 AM.

#486 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:24 AM

In no mod voice:

Knowing that RT is still in early beta and things may change, I am overall enjoying RT. It has a nostalgic feeling but not really.

My biggest concern come from mob damage scaling in relevance to the user's health, damage taken should scale properly and not abnormally. Such as, mobs should not be able to 'over' kill you.

I'd hope they take another look into the monster stats and adjust as necessary at least at release date, if not, other ways to reduce the damage through reduction gear in form of drop or quest reward.

#487 xSwain

xSwain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:44 AM

The problem with that Cinn, is that it can fall into a MOBA game weekly meta change really easily.

Imagine you leveling and, with some monster (usually Anubis) stats, could go from 60 to 95 in 2 days where you were supposed to take 2 weeks. The staff recognize this problem and fix that. In CBT that's amazing, cause they can fix that problem until the launch.

Now imagine all the "eventually" changes with this same aspect. Some monster was left on balancing and in the first week, some people are 97 because of that, if the Staff wipes the server, people will rage about losing everything, if they keep, people will rage about boring game, if they fix, people will rage cause few people are extremely ahead of others.

Same with class balancing and any other "eventually" stuff that impacts directly in the game flow. For this reason people complaint so much about ROT.

Your post shows perfectly how things aren't clear about the server, Anubis can one shot people with skills, and give an extremely high exp. This can be exploited by few classes like Holy Cross Crusaders that destroys Anubis while can tank the magic damage.

So all we can do is hope that it get adjusted before the launch, but we really don't know how they want ROT to be, is not like a Classic server or Renewal server where you can compare with another existing one, is a Revo-Classic with some Zero features and other custom stuffs. We don't know if the broken stats are bug or just how they want it to be.

Edited by xSwain, 22 December 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#488 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:06 AM

Another good example of bad implemented monsters stats is porcellios from restart server.

Which would boost your 1-50 job leveling time from 1 week to 2-3hours when implemented.

#489 AaronP2W

AaronP2W

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:25 AM

I haven't tested on the CBT but on Restart the elemental damage was very high and basically required people to use elemental armors.

#490 Descrasnezul

Descrasnezul

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:20 AM

I registered early but I don't have a coupon code to play game... how do I remedy this?

#491 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 08:27 AM

I registered early but I don't have a coupon code to play game... how do I remedy this?

You can get a key from mmorpg:
https://www.mmorpg.c...away-1000000966

#492 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:20 PM

registered a new acc for RT but getting "You are not allowed to view this content" for RO RT..
we players from gmt+8 Malaysia couldnt play this game?

#493 Essmikayl

Essmikayl

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 912 posts
  • Twitter:@bhismocabbage
  • Locationphone code +62
  • Server:Mayhem

Posted 22 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

registered a new acc for RT but getting "You are not allowed to view this content" for RO RT..
we players from gmt+8 Malaysia couldnt play this game?

region block bruv, use VPN for registration, after that can play freely

#494 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts
  • Server:thor

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:10 PM

i have two concerns:

1. my homunuculus dont attack or at least attack when the master is being hit by mob or the master starts attacking the mob.

2. does exp gain of homunculus while attacking a monster differences between master's exp , the homun level and the level of mob or its a flat 10% exp regardless of master's or mob's level ? ...

hope you get what im trying to say thanks...

#495 danielbarbossa92

danielbarbossa92

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 06:14 PM

When the official server opens?

#496 TwilightsCall

TwilightsCall

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:14 PM

i have two concerns:

1. my homunuculus dont attack or at least attack when the master is being hit by mob or the master starts attacking the mob.

2. does exp gain of homunculus while attacking a monster differences between master's exp , the homun level and the level of mob or its a flat 10% exp regardless of master's or mob's level ? ...

hope you get what im trying to say thanks...

1. You must alt-right click a mob for your Homunculus to identify it as an attack target now. Double Right-Click will get it to start attacking, while a single Right Click is enough to let you start using your offensive skills on it. Unfortunately the AI is dead, so using homunculi will require a lot more micro-management than before.

2. Homunculus level is irrelevant for the EXP it gains. Whatever EXP the master gains, the Homunculus gets 10%. Interestingly, this seems to include Quest EXP as well.

#497 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:47 AM

1. You must alt-right click a mob for your Homunculus to identify it as an attack target now. Double Right-Click will get it to start attacking, while a single Right Click is enough to let you start using your offensive skills on it. Unfortunately the AI is dead, so using homunculi will require a lot more micro-management than before.

2. Homunculus level is irrelevant for the EXP it gains. Whatever EXP the master gains, the Homunculus gets 10%. Interestingly, this seems to include Quest EXP as well.

thank you , im just thinking if i can copy paste the AI folder from renewal but im kinda worried that it will mess up my RT client so im gonna wait for the official statement about AI , about the exp im glad homunculus exp gain doesnt affect what master level has and if quest exp can be obtain as well its pretty nice ...

#498 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:07 AM

thank you , im just thinking if i can copy paste the AI folder from renewal but im kinda worried that it will mess up my RT client so im gonna wait for the official statement about AI , about the exp im glad homunculus exp gain doesnt affect what master level has and if quest exp can be obtain as well its pretty nice ...

You can use AzzyAI for basic stuff, I tested it and it works (at least for the tested parts), do note homun will not attack things unless you command it which is intended as part of the update.

By the way we are collecting reports and findings here. So you may use that thread if you happen to encounter an issue.

#499 ad0l

ad0l

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1068 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 04:17 AM

You can use AzzyAI for basic stuff, I tested it and it works (at least for the tested parts), do note homun will not attack things unless you command it which is intended as part of the update.

By the way we are collecting reports and findings here. So you may use that thread if you happen to encounter an issue.

okay i post my reply there...

#500 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 23 December 2019 - 06:05 AM

region block bruv, use VPN for registration, after that can play freely

thx bro, i can play RT now hehe, yeah need to register using vpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic