Is the price of WPE a joke? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

Is the price of WPE a joke?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#1 Julyjulin

Julyjulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

Hello guys, well, i'm not sure if this happened only to Brasil, but the WPE price doubled. Well, if you guys dont know the Brasilian economics, the minimal month salary is R$1045,00 and 10k WPE is now R$521,18. Furthermore, our government implemented a financial help because of covid-19 and, guess what, the government help is equal the amount of 10k WPE. I'm not sure if the server wants brasilian players to leave, if it happened to every country or if this is just a joke. 

EDIT: For those who didn't not understand, I'm not saying that those who live on a minimum wage should spend all their money on a game. On the contrary, I'm DEFINING A BENCHMARCK, is this the same for other countries or is the brasilian community paying the price for a few RMT wich can be easily found? I invite you to use this or another benchmarck to see the real value of the WPE in different countries and, after that, u guys can tell me if this is a bad joke or not

Edited by Julyjulin, 24 July 2020 - 10:33 AM.

#2 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:25 AM

WTF WP? Are u joking, right?

#3 bitchdown

bitchdown

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:29 AM

??????? Staff want that BRs leave the server?

Edited by bitchdown, 24 July 2020 - 09:29 AM.

#4 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3525 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:38 AM

Lol the issue about selling cheap brazilian wpe to outsiders On the black market has been escalated quickly.

#5 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Poring

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:39 AM

521,18$ BR = 100,79$ USD
100,79$ USD = 135,30$ CAD

So stop panicking if you can't buy lower stacks of WPE instead of 10k.

Then I don't know, maybe you should be things to eat instead of wasting your money into a MMO.

Edited by MegaEdge, 24 July 2020 - 09:40 AM.

#6 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

521,18$ BR = 100,79$ USD

Then I don't know, maybe you should be things to eat instead of wasting your money into a MMO.

We dont receive our money in dollar your bastard.

#7 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:46 AM

I'm trying to think of a way to comment here without being offensive but....

1. People have been flipping WPE aggressively  using countries where the exchange rate worsens every few years. Eg. Argentina, Brazil.

- It doesn't make sense for some people to be reloading $2000 (200k WPE everyday) and gifting them out right?

And belows are my assumptions from all the stories thats been going around.

- Eventhough WP is limiting the damage using the following methods:

i) Local banks or special payments only accessible to Brazillians

- Brazillians who were flipping it had loads of cash from the profit back then, so no problem to their cashflow. They can wait a few days for international payment to enter their bank accounts.

- It stops people from other region that VPN to use this special rates. But it doesn't solve if they actually live in Brazil since they meet these requirement.

ii) Limit of WPE reloaded and gifting of WPE per account.

- They just keep creating accounts to bypass this limitation. 

2. Back in 2016, you may refer to the thread here - https://forums.warpp...cing-explained/  it happen. 

I seriously feel sad for those normal players that actually reload for their own usage.

Malaysia's minimum wage is RM1200, and 10k wpe cost 1/3 of that around RM425. But we are still paying the full price of WPE (RM425 is $100). 

https://forums.warpp...egional-pricing

But do you have any solution that can prevent people from abusing this system? Quoting Chakri, no one would buy WPE from WPE when they can get it 35% cheaper elsewhere. This is a loss for WP. They want to accomodate you/everyone, but this can't be hitting their profits too badly.

Don't read the following if you are easily triggered.

Spoiler

PS: I'm not hitting on any normal Brazillian players. I'm just explaining what happen or what I believe to be the case. I may be wrong. Or I'm definitely wrong. So agree to disagree.

Edited by yamasakai90, 24 July 2020 - 10:02 AM.

#8 Pyroclastic

Pyroclastic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

I'm glad we can buy vip from other players now, cuz with this new price i'm definetely not buying any new WPE in the near future...

#9 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:49 AM

We dont receive our money in dollar your bastard.

I used a converted from BR to USD (because you're buying in USD) then I compared with how much I'm paying in CAD.

And there was no need to call me a bastard.

Edited by MegaEdge, 24 July 2020 - 09:50 AM.

#10 Julyjulin

Julyjulin

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:52 AM

521,18$ BR = 100,79$ USD

It's noticeable that you know about economics as much as you know about dealing with people

#11 Rmbts

Rmbts

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:52 AM

I'm not buying a single Penny in Warp Portal anymore. Thanks so much.

#12 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 24 July 2020 - 09:55 AM

this is why we can't have nice things. Some other people will be jealous and demand that you get screwed

#13 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:01 AM

It's noticeable that you know about economics as much as you know about dealing with people

Well, I'm a college student and I make the minimum wage and I've never bought 10k WPE because it's out of my range instead I've been buying between 1,5-3k WPE per month. That's between 20$ to 40$ because I've other things to pay and for somebody that knows sh!t about economics I've never blew up my budget, you have and you will never see me complain about how much WPE became expensive.

Just to give you an exemple, last month I've bought 2k WPE for 20$ and it cost my 27,97$.

#14 qzLxEnchantress

qzLxEnchantress

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:36 AM

this is why we can't have nice things. Some other people will be jealous and demand that you get f..ucked in the ass

Yes, unfortunately.

#15 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

WP did listen!

Though that's absolutely unfair to the Brazilians but again. No one would pay $100 for 10k if they could pay only $65.

Anywyas, WP should've just disabled the gifting feature and make cash items account bound, but then there will be other people who will take a hit from it. Ah ... what -_-ery is this.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 24 July 2020 - 10:53 AM.

#16 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3028 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:55 AM

I've given an example.. the minimum wage here is RM1200 and yours is R1045. It cost RM452 for 10k here where else it used to cost R248.82 (Now R521.18). 

Granted my country's echange rate in 2017 has been quite stable between RM4.46 to RM4.20 currently where else it was R3.14 to R5.20 for yours (Brazil). Thats a 6% fluctuation vs a 65% fluctuation. 

100 usd in 2017 cost 314 BRL, 100 usd in 2020 will get you 520 BRL. 

Actually I wonder if its possible to just disable gifting option from BRL account. You guys get to chooes your rates that is adjusted to your actual income, and they can't really resell WPE directly.

Granted, they can still sneakily sell ingame KP for cash but its more troublesome than direct WPE. But still posibble.

Also can you please clarify on easily found?

These are like hydras, you cut one off, they keep growing. 

Ban their accounts? Make new accounts.

Ban their IP? Log in from a cafe or someone else's internet.
Ban their banking account or CC? They can just borrow's someone else account. Granted with the lucrative margin on profits, they can get this done.

WP can find them, but whats your take on solving the above problem?

If you could think of a solution that can prevent these exploiters from further exploting. I'm sure WP would be happy to restore the regional pricing for you. These exploiters aren't playing the game, they are merely profiting from it. WP responsibility is towards their players (and coughs shareholders)

#17 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:14 AM

521,18$ BR = 100,79$ USD

Lmfao its around $145 CAD for 10k WP for us, right? And look back at people are lining up at a local gas station for almost 39 mins just to save 3-5 bucks.

#18 VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1236 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 11:43 AM

Hard times call for hard measures. 

#19 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Camp: I don't want to put more then 50 wss for the boxes because it could crash that market
Also Camp: Alright guys hold my beer while I crash the WPE market and make all the BRs quit 

#20 MythicalFox

MythicalFox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationAskr

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:43 PM

Actually I wonder if its possible to just disable gifting option from BRL account. You guys get to chooes your rates that is adjusted to your actual income, and they can't really resell WPE directly.

As a brazilian myself I'd be more than happy to accept this. It's awful that me and other honest BR players get penalised because some people just can't play nice.

Edited by MythicalFox, 24 July 2020 - 12:43 PM.

#21 fenrir99

fenrir99

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 02:54 PM

80 BRL for 5 OCPs... I can’t even word it. I’d rather spend my money on other things. But the game is Pay2Win, so it makes you think about spend your time in other things.

#22 Vikkao

Vikkao

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:03 PM

Really though, doubling the rate price of WPE for Brazilians feels like a low blow, as our minimum wage is about 1k and even then it doesn't represent our actual purchasing power (someone on minimal wage is on the poverty's line as the country' average salary is 2261 BRL = 432 USD/month).

I know the logical implication of "if you can't afford it, don't do it", but that's is solved by regional pricings making someone who couldn't afford your product into your new customer as it is affordable on their wallets now.

I too, completely agree that the WPE Gifting option is a big mistake, i don't see how it could be beneficial in the first place, and i only see ill intended people use it. When we wanna gift someone in-game we give items or offer something inside the KP shop (i do some giveaways here and there on discord servers i like, there were no need for the code gifting mechanic even once).

My situation as a player now, makes me really sad. I'm happy we gonna get the 2nd sprites, but i feel like quitting the game for real, as a lot of other ppl i decided to Pay 2 Win, been playing iro renewal since 2013 (years on and off, student's life) and got on it almost hardcore since the quarantine begun (with a stable job now) and got my things from Fire sale, mad bunny, enriched event and good spotlights. My goal in-game is a GTB card and cute expensive costumes, the latter one i already got. However with this change in regional pricing i cannot afford it anymore to P2W, and i see my goal withering away from my grasp and thus my will to continue playing.

@Camp. Please consider having a good talk with the person/group responsible for the pricings. My feedback as consumer is that you guys trying to block indirect RMT method (which i do not agreed too, but it at least gives money to WP) did enforce a barrier to other current and potential customers in buying your product without any gain to compensate.

Hope we get some good changes on this matter.
Victor Vieira / Mori-Mori / *~ Elsa Granhiert ~*

#23 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:17 PM

Really though, doubling the rate price of WPE for Brazilians feels like a low blow, as our minimum wage is about 1k and even then it doesn't represent our actual purchasing power (someone on minimal wage is on the poverty's line as the country' average salary is 2261 BRL = 432 USD/month).

I know the logical implication of "if you can't afford it, don't do it", but that's is solved by regional pricings making someone who couldn't afford your product into your new customer as it is affordable on their wallets now.

I too, completely agree that the WPE Gifting option is a big mistake, i don't see how it could be beneficial in the first place, and i only see ill intended people use it. When we wanna gift someone in-game we give items or offer something inside the KP shop (i do some giveaways here and there on discord servers i like, there were no need for the code gifting mechanic even once).

My situation as a player now, makes me really sad. I'm happy we gonna get the 2nd sprites, but i feel like quitting the game for real, as a lot of other ppl i decided to Pay 2 Win, been playing iro renewal since 2013 (years on and off, student's life) and got on it almost hardcore since the quarantine begun (with a stable job now) and got my things from Fire sale, mad bunny, enriched event and good spotlights. My goal in-game is a GTB card and cute expensive costumes, the latter one i already got. However with this change in regional pricing i cannot afford it anymore to P2W, and i see my goal withering away from my grasp and thus my will to continue playing.

@Camp. Please consider having a good talk with the person/group responsible for the pricings. My feedback as consumer is that you guys trying to block indirect RMT method (which i do not agreed too, but it at least gives money to WP) did enforce a barrier to other current and potential customers in buying your product without any gain to compensate.

Hope we get some good changes on this matter.
Victor Vieira / Mori-Mori / *~ Elsa Granhiert ~*

This is good feedback, if everyone posts their feedback in this thread and I will forward it up. Unfortunately the WPE price is set by those above me and I am not really involved in the process but I can at very least make sure the feedback gets seen.

#24 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

Is it possible to disable the gifting code feature altogether and make Cash items account bound? This should also slow down the duping issues of OCPs too ie BB, BSBs, etc.

I mean, other than that, there aint really a way to stop the issue and its normal of humans to go for a cheaper rate. A 35% discount (from $100 to $65) is too much to ignore. Thats already $35 saving per 10k WPE. Imagine a player spends 1m WPE a year, the saving does add up.

The last solution is to go back to what it was and accept that it is a norm that everyone, doesnt matter where they live or who they are, will just continue buying cheap WPEs through the Brazilians at a discounted rate.

#25 matadilma

matadilma

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

An American needs to work 13,79 hours to buy 10k WPE
Now a Brazilian needs to work 110,41 hours to buy 10k WPE

I'm so frustrated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users