Notice Regarding WoE 2 Kublin Event - Page 7 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Notice Regarding WoE 2 Kublin Event

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#151 Biggggg

Biggggg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:57 AM

The Juno Realm castles had the same respawn mechanic scripted since 2009 when the event was first implemented. It was just bugged to never work. If anything we owe a giant apologies to Juno realm castle holders over the last 11 years of castle play, they should have had the same respawn mechanic.

Just add boxes to castle loot so every guild gets a chance!!! Wait that wont work, cuz p2w gets way more castles then everyone anyways. Hmmmm back to the drawing board. 

#152 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2020 - 10:58 AM

C.deleting the items and banning people involved.

what i'm seeing right now is that all p2w bug abuse?Is that right? Not a single sould of than make a choise to dont bug abuse?

I'm no friend of P2W, as we often never saw eye to eye, but the fact here is people need to back off Campitor.

The basics from what I have read breaks down to this.

A) This bug was reported by the people who "abused it" BEFORE they started getting the boxes. Campitor was unable to follow the code to why the two castles were different.
B) A video surfaced yesterday which led to the lead so Camp could find the problem and make a choice on how to fix it.
C) This has existed since 2009. Something that has been around that long is often considered a "working as intended" bug by people. The people who used it knew about it because they have played iRO for a very long time and this has existed on all other iRO servers since WoE2 began in iRO.

Veteran players will always have an advantage knowing how iRO's code has worked versus players from other servers.

Back when classic launched, people knew to run to Yggdrassil and make blue potions from the potion makes to make very fast zeny and buy up Kafra Points from other players with that zeny and get way ahead. Was that a bug? No. That was knowledgeable players using that information to gain an advantage.

Attacking Camp about this is foolish. He was able to finally uncover what the problem was and instead of just removing everything so no one else could get items, he made the Hoe miniboss available in both realms to give other guilds a chance to also get the same items. Apparently the Juno realm was SUPPOSED to work the way Rachel did, but it was broken.

He also could have simply said "it is what it is" and left the one spawn alone and then whoever wants to farm it could duke it out in PvP in the guild dungeon to either get their own Hoes or just to stop the guild farming it.

Y'all love to complain about how nothing is ever done around here and then when he freaking does try to fix it you complain just as much.

There is no way for the GM team to REALISTICALLY remove 2 months of stuff from the gains of the boxes. Those items have been SPENT. Foods consumed, branches broken. You can't undo that kind of stuff.

Take advantage of the new spawns in the other realm, try to lock each other out of realms to secure spawns, farm the crap for yourself. Don't just complain, come up with a solution.

#153 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:00 AM

It is found out that rachel realms have been working correctly, and it's juno realms that should have been respawning as well.

Logical course of action: Give juno realm castle holders boxes based on the period they owned castles there.

What "ppl" want: ReMoVe OtHeR PpLs ItEmS aNd BaN tHeM

#154 jajajohn

jajajohn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:02 AM

Spoiler

Very well said.

#155 RedSong

RedSong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:03 AM

The Juno Realm castles had the same respawn mechanic scripted since 2009 when the event was first implemented. It was just bugged to never work. If anything we owe a giant apologies to Juno realm castle holders over the last 11 years of castle play, they should have had the same respawn mechanic.

So we as the players should pay the price and have a hole guild having a big advance on items? No punish? Not even a items deleted? So we get ban for apple bug but not a mvp bug just because is a 11 years old?

A bug still a bug even if is old. Is againts the rules bug abuse. A bug should never being see as a player mecanic like you are trying to do.

I was very happy to back to this server.Not only me but a lot of people. And what Im seeing is people quiting day after day. And the server is going to a failure zone that I dont want to happend. We dont have nothing to do, we try our best to do something and stay on this server and make money. But when Im seeing that my work on the game means nothing and I just need to use some unfair bugs systems to win kinda make me sad cus I dont like it.

#156 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:05 AM

they farmed rachel and rachel was not bugged, juno was :3

#157 leozin2

leozin2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:06 AM

I'm no friend of P2W, as we often never saw eye to eye, but the fact here is people need to back off Campitor.

The basics from what I have read breaks down to this.

A) This bug was reported by the people who "abused it" BEFORE they started getting the boxes. Campitor was unable to follow the code to why the two castles were different.
B) A video surfaced yesterday which led to the lead so Camp could find the problem and make a choice on how to fix it.
C) This has existed since 2009. Something that has been around that long is often considered a "working as intended" bug by people. The people who used it knew about it because they have played iRO for a very long time and this has existed on all other iRO servers since WoE2 began in iRO.

Veteran players will always have an advantage knowing how iRO's code has worked versus players from other servers.

Back when classic launched, people knew to run to Yggdrassil and make blue potions from the potion makes to make very fast zeny and buy up Kafra Points from other players with that zeny and get way ahead. Was that a bug? No. That was knowledgeable players using that information to gain an advantage.

Attacking Camp about this is foolish. He was able to finally uncover what the problem was and instead of just removing everything so no one else could get items, he made the Hoe miniboss available in both realms to give other guilds a chance to also get the same items. Apparently the Juno realm was SUPPOSED to work the way Rachel did, but it was broken.

He also could have simply said "it is what it is" and left the one spawn alone and then whoever wants to farm it could duke it out in PvP in the guild dungeon to either get their own Hoes or just to stop the guild farming it.

Y'all love to complain about how nothing is ever done around here and then when he freaking does try to fix it you complain just as much.

There is no way for the GM team to REALISTICALLY remove 2 months of stuff from the gains of the boxes. Those items have been SPENT. Foods consumed, branches broken. You can't undo that kind of stuff.

Take advantage of the new spawns in the other realm, try to lock each other out of realms to secure spawns, farm the crap for yourself. Don't just complain, come up with a solution.

but he could stop it at the begging, that's the point.

we are talking about it since the first week, he's just ignoring it or answering like a bot. :) now that everything is just -_- up, he can't do nothing? now he saw that the 1 hour respawn is a problem? oh common hahahhahahah the staff is a joke. 

i never found i would talk it, but how can a staff be worsten than the brazilian one?

#158 Faolain

Faolain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:All

Posted 22 October 2020 - 11:40 AM

That person has made it very clear that they will not respect the rules of the forums and will cause as much drama as they can by posting tickets, exploits and bugs from pre renewal servers. At no point does the failure of my team to notice a bug fall upon a single individual or guild. I posted what reports of the issue I could find to provide visibility on where we failed to notice a report when we could have. I do not appreciate users trying to cast it as if I am blaming past users. The fault lies on my team and ultimately myself for that. Even if I wasn't even at the company when a particular report was made I inherited that responsibility with the seat as will those who come after to me.

I suppose, in some ways. However, I do believe you should be more diligent in allowing the community to dogpile people who don't deserve it. It looks negligent.

Here's hoping they don't take this outside of your domain of control, then.

Edited by Faolain, 22 October 2020 - 11:40 AM.

#159 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 12:03 PM

None of these options exclude all items provided from the boxes so far, and give all the boxes that would be possible to farm with this new respawn, considering that they have farmed there since Kublin arrived. (because they spend 75 days on it) And leave the items that they sold the way they are, since in this matter there is nothing to be done.

I was more clear? I think thats pretty fair, all stuffs they already used, characters they already lvled, items they already sold. Thats a really fair deal.

#160 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:10 PM

u cant just delete "leftover" 2 months worth of items content farmed because they sold/used the rest.. -_-in move on and let the staff focus on more important things like woe balances and more content for the servers.

#161 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:33 PM

The last WP tried to do a "selective rollback" for only a few things generated/spent over just above a 24 hour period, they had to take the servers down for 3 days straight to straighten things up(and probably didn't catch it all). Now contemplate what a selective rollback of entire 2 months would look like.

#162 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:33 PM

Make Both Dungeons spawn Kublin every 1 or 2 hours.

Then let the Guilds fight over the Kublin.

Removing the ability for other players to farm it at the same rate as the other Guild that did it for 63 days straight is silly.

Leave it in the game, if you're not going to ban or take away the items from the people who benefited for the first initial 63 days.

You could even allow for both castles to spawn it (Bi Hourly) for 63 days, then there after reduce the spawn rate.

The reducing the spawn rate now, only further benefits the people who already claimed all the value out of it.

Edited by Nugeki, 22 October 2020 - 02:34 PM.

#163 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:38 PM

Removing the ability for other players to farm it at the same rate as the other Guild that did it for 63 days straight is silly.

Leave it in the game, if you're not going to ban or take away the items from the people who benefited for the first initial 63 days.

You could even allow for both castles to spawn it (Bi Hourly) for 63 days, then there after reduce the spawn rate.

The reducing the spawn rate now, only further benefits the people who already claimed all the value out of it.

B)

#164 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:41 PM

Leaving things as they are will only make the server die sooner. This is not their private server, the way they farmed is the equivalent of more than a year of farm after this change, what you guys wanna do 4h or more of respawn (taking all Kublins), leaving it like this is giving a year of a farm that can now be worth it, because this is more one of the reasons that nobody discovered this bug before.

Edited by fmuller33, 22 October 2020 - 02:50 PM.

#165 fmuller33

fmuller33

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 02:43 PM

Thats a better solution than just nerf this now and let the party who got all this for free.

#166 Suraborn

Suraborn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 496 posts
  • LocationToronto, CN
  • Server:RO:Trans

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:00 PM

Camp did the right thing.

#167 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 October 2020 - 03:42 PM

To be clear threatening to mail items to staff to intentionally make them sick, even if its meant as a "joke" is not okay and will result in a suspension.

Edit: Topic locked for tonight. 

Edited by VModSoup, 22 October 2020 - 07:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users